• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Missingno: Silph Co.'s 3rd creation?

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    That's speculation, which Bulbapedia is rife full of. I'm fairly sure, as most people I know, was the power-suit was used to control Mewtwo.

And I can find the relevance, excepting the fact that Star Wars is pop drivel and a complete rip-off.

CONTROL MEWTWO'S POWERS! WHY ELSE WOULD HE LISTEN TO GIOVANNI!?

"A wildfire destroys everything in your path. It will be the same with your powers if you don't learn to control them. I can help you do that.

"Show me"

*Suit is attached to Mewtwo.*

OTHERWISE THE TRAINER MEWTWO DID IN THE GYM WOULD BE USELESS CRAP AND WOULD HAVE BEEN CUT OUT!

Mewtwo couldn't control his powers at first. So a "mewthree" most likely wouldn't be able to, either.

To whoever it was:
    And TM's are machines that train pokemon to control their powers. Duh.

EDIT: For those of you who still can't comprehend simple text, the point is NO ONE, not any human, not any pokemon, not anyone from ANY SHOW has had COMPLETE control of their powers. The quote was basically saying that it doesn't make sense that Missingno doesn't shapeshift during battle and it doesn't make sense that he shapeshift to random things. I pulled out all these characters (Luke, Spidey and such) to prove that NO ONE can use their powers correctly and accurately FROM THE BEGINNING. (Sometimes by luck, maybe, but still) EVERY hero and villain has undergone some training to control their powers. You can't talk in perfect english as a young child, why should missingno be able to shapeshift perfectly as a newly born creation?

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • The quote was basically saying that it doesn't make sense that Missingno doesn't shapeshift during battle and it doesn't make sense that he shapeshift to random things. I pulled out all these characters (Luke, Spidey and such) to prove that NO ONE can use their powers correctly and accurately FROM THE BEGINNING.

You're missing one vital piece, though. Missingno has been on that coast long enough to reproduce. (Hence why you can encounter more than one specimen of it if you just keep on Surfing up and down.) Therefore, on a non-meta level (for once), you're probably encountering older Missingno that should have had time to adjust and adapt to using its own powers. You really don't know whether it's a newbie or actually just an old creature. In fact, the idea that it's spent so much time in existence that it's leveled itself up to beyond what was thought to be the maximum cap should be enough evidence that it's probably really blinking old.

So, yeah, you could be facing off against the equivalent of Yoda in terms of age, yet it still is a level 100+ Marowak on the Cinnabar coast.

Also, no need to insult us by saying we can't read simple text. I know you're frustrated and all, but you'll want to be careful around here in case a mod is watching.

yivx

Johto ftw <33;
    Years
  • I believe Missingno. is basically a glitch that just demonstrates what happens when certain hex levels are set too high. Whereas Red and Blue had limited hexidecimal levels due to the technology at the time, anything that went over the limits basically resulted in a glitch. I'm not TOO sure on this though...it's just my theory XD

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
  • CONTROL MEWTWO'S POWERS! WHY ELSE WOULD HE LISTEN TO GIOVANNI!?

"A wildfire destroys everything in your path. It will be the same with your powers if you don't learn to control them. I can help you do that.

"Show me"

*Suit is attached to Mewtwo.*

OTHERWISE THE TRAINER MEWTWO DID IN THE GYM WOULD BE USELESS CRAP AND WOULD HAVE BEEN CUT OUT!

Mewtwo couldn't control his powers at first. So a "mewthree" most likely wouldn't be able to, either.

To whoever it was:
    And TM's are machines that train pokemon to control their powers. Duh.

EDIT: For those of you who still can't comprehend simple text, the point is NO ONE, not any human, not any pokemon, not anyone from ANY SHOW has had COMPLETE control of their powers. The quote was basically saying that it doesn't make sense that Missingno doesn't shapeshift during battle and it doesn't make sense that he shapeshift to random things. I pulled out all these characters (Luke, Spidey and such) to prove that NO ONE can use their powers correctly and accurately FROM THE BEGINNING. (Sometimes by luck, maybe, but still) EVERY hero and villain has undergone some training to control their powers. You can't talk in perfect english as a young child, why should missingno be able to shapeshift perfectly as a newly born creation?

to specify the Mewtwo suit ordeal: The suit was there to keep Mewtwo's powers at a certain level.....a sort of everstone that prevented him from using his powers to there full extent if you will.....with out the suit he could have overthrown Giovanni with the flick of his finger which he practially did.....so mewtwoo had to understand his powers.....

so based on what your saying is that Mewthree can't control his powers and he doesn't shapeshift while in battle than he is like a much weaker version of Ditto....thus meaning that there is no 'Ultimate Pokemon' seeing as how no matter what they all have weakness's......

Yes Mewtwo was created witht he purpose of becoming the 'Ultimate Pokemon' but he had a type thus giving him a weakness......so*I'm just going off your little MISSINGNO= Mewthree thing* they tried to create mewthree in hopes of making this 'Ultimate pokemon' they gave it the ability to shapeshift yet it would take on types STILL giving it a weakness......so in esscence MISSINGNO is just a glitch and Mewthree is non-existent.....

and the pokemon that are found on Cinnabar's coast are not MISSNGO they are just pokemon with high levels Like Valentine said.

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    If you have played the games then you would know that Mew gave brith to Mewtwo but they probaly tampered with the baby to make it the Ultimate Weapon...

Back