• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterSceptile

Pokémon Master/Glitch Hunter
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 9, 2019
    This thing is still my second favorite Pokémon. I remember hearing the tales of it "DELETES MAH SAVE FILE!!ZOMG!!!oneone!!!eleven!" and caught it, 'M, and various others (as well as traded).... over 100 of them are in my PC right now and my game still runs fine!

MasterSceptile

Hospikmavery

Artist
    Years
  • This.. is actually very nice..
    I do think it has nothing to do with those "105 free slots" but rather with your name getting stored in the "What thing can I encounter here-bit"
    Of every theory I heard about it, this one makes actually sense..

Thank you for this Kairi

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I think it loads data from different banks (such as audio) and comes up as such. Just a theory, but Missingno. do not change between games. If it was reading your name, Missingno. could exist only on certain cartridges...

...I contradicted myself.

TokioHumaNeko

Pokemon Zodiac Wishes
    Years
  • I have caught every Glitch Pokemon ever created in R/B/Y,and some in Crystal,Ruby,and FR. MissingNo,M,Chiisai-U,4TRAINERPOKE,ect...are all mysterious....i wonder what the new MissingNo will look like?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    It looks like the inappropriate legendary, Virtini, or something like that.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • I do think it has nothing to do with those "105 free slots" but rather with your name getting stored in the "What thing can I encounter here-bit"
    Of every theory I heard about it, this one makes actually sense..

Your name is stored in the area that normally stores info for Pokemon in shore tiles. I think odd numbered bytes choose the index number of a Pokemon to load, while even bytes choose the level. Anyway, regardless of how it loads, if an index for one of the free slots is loaded, glitch appears. So, it is both of the above cases.

I have caught every Glitch Pokemon ever created in R/B/Y,and some in Crystal,Ruby,and FR. MissingNo,M,Chiisai-U,4TRAINERPOKE,ect...are all mysterious....i wonder what the new MissingNo will look like?

lol

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I remember as a kid playing pokemon Red,blue or yellow it was and i was surfing and next thing i know a missingno guy all black shows up...Can't remember much about it it was near 10 years ago.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • I just use it for getting a flying Kangaskhan.

Oh my God, that sounds awesome. I've never played about with the evolutions, I should look into them.

In fact, I might have a go at playing about with the Smeargle-like movesets that the undead forms can get. Will need to find out what constitutes as "acesssing Pokemon data" though.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Yeah, I meant 'M has it. The difference is that 'M evolves into Kangaskhan but can learn Fly before this. I had a flying one in Crystal. Then my battery died.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • Yeah, I meant 'M has it. The difference is that 'M evolves into Kangaskhan but can learn Fly before this. I had a flying one in Crystal. Then my battery died.

Oh right. I hadn't been paying much attention to how they evolve, and never realized it was only 'M that did.

Styxx

Obsessive Breeder
    Years
  • Anyone else have theirs evolve into Brock? That's the only interesting bit I remember about it, it was actually pretty boring considering how worked up everyone was about it...

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Anyone else have theirs evolve into Brock? That's the only interesting bit I remember about it, it was actually pretty boring considering how worked up everyone was about it...

I am sure you're trying to spam us all. Because I've read hundreds of reports- NOTHING about it evolving into BROCK.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • This post may be off topic to be in the Metal/Color Gens section, but I don't know where else to put it.
    You can encounter Missngno. in DPP, it's just impossible to catch.
    1st: I am unsure exactly how to do this, but on my R4 I went into Eterna Forest with some cheats on, and found TWO Missingo.s, it said "Wild !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and dddddddddddddddddddddd appeared", or something like that, then my game froze. Also I was with Cheryl while that happened, then I kept having alot of game freezes until I turned all the cheats off.
    2nd: When you team up with Marley, have a run through walls cheat on, as soon as you agree to travel with her, go through one of the walls and then WALK on some water (this probably won't work if you surf). When you go into a battle you will encounter a regular Pokemon and shiny Missingo. Your teamate will be a clone of yourself, and he will also have a shiny missingo. The wild missingo is impossible to catch because you cannot catch a pokemon while there are two on the field and by the time you can kill the other poke the wild missingno. will KO itself with struggle. These missingno.s will also be named !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and dddddddddddddddddddddddd and the like.
    3rd: If you use an instant egg lay cheat with only one pokemon in the daycare it will lay an egg that will hatch into a bad egg, aka, missingno., if it hatches at all.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I've used all three methods listed by you. And it's called an Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur (in rare cases, it's actually its own Pokemon) or the DP Box.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    This post may be off topic to be in the Metal/Color Gens section, but I don't know where else to put it.
    You can encounter Missngno. in DPP, it's just impossible to catch.
    1st: I am unsure exactly how to do this, but on my R4 I went into Eterna Forest with some cheats on, and found TWO Missingo.s, it said "Wild !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and dddddddddddddddddddddd appeared", or something like that, then my game froze. Also I was with Cheryl while that happened, then I kept having alot of game freezes until I turned all the cheats off.
    2nd: When you team up with Marley, have a run through walls cheat on, as soon as you agree to travel with her, go through one of the walls and then WALK on some water (this probably won't work if you surf). When you go into a battle you will encounter a regular Pokemon and shiny Missingo. Your teamate will be a clone of yourself, and he will also have a shiny missingo. The wild missingo is impossible to catch because you cannot catch a pokemon while there are two on the field and by the time you can kill the other poke the wild missingno. will KO itself with struggle. These missingno.s will also be named !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and dddddddddddddddddddddddd and the like.
    3rd: If you use an instant egg lay cheat with only one pokemon in the daycare it will lay an egg that will hatch into a bad egg, aka, missingno., if it hatches at all.

yess ive done these before, even if you do catch em the game freezes at pokedex, so you can rarley even have it as an actual pokemon. and its not a missingno.....its just a glitch of requesting data that doesnt exist.

ALSO use this ARDS code for platinum version, it will change the 1st pkmn in your party into "missingno".
    Spoiler:

DO NOT LOOK IN PARTY! it will freeze. you cab check the box and you will see its ? icon... but do not move the hand on it or it will freeze. do an online trade (wont connect with hg/ss) and you can check its info safelty and can almost trade it, until you disconnect. it has surf as a move so try using surf and see what happens...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back