• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mission Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
  • Chapter 21: The Beast Within

***** Zeke's POV *****

All I could do was stare in awe as both Sapphire and Drake began to shine with an intense white light. I quickly glanced over to Seth and Caleb; both fashioning a "whatever" look. I turned back just in time to see Drake's body fade back into visibility. Unlike before, he now stood on two bulky, orange legs; a long tail swinging wildly between them. He allowed his wings to expand, which were much larger than they looked. He slowly lifted his head off the rock and turned around, exposing his childish face.

"THIS IS SO FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!" he shouted to the heavens as he took flight. He wiggled his hands and feet in the air and that's when it hit me. This was his first time with limbs.

But that's enough about Drake— I was more concerned about Sapphire. Why hasn't her light begin to fade? From what I've learned, Tyranitar and Dragonite evolutions were very similar. But there is the little fact that Sapphire is really human. Not too much of a difference... was it?

After ten more seconds, Seth's expression quickly turned into a worried one. Of course, I was scared since the moment we entered this creepy forest. If I learned anything from my travels with Team Blaze, it's that forests—equal—bad. It's that simple.

Then, finally, Sapphire's body gradually became visible. Jealousy coursed throughout my body as I caught sight of her new form. Her skin had returned to the same green luster it had in her Larvitar state. Small spikes ran down her back and ended in a pointed tail. She stretched her new arms and legs and I could only imagine her face expression. Actually, I didn't have to wait long as she was enthusiastic to face us.

The first thing I noticed was the blue patch of skin on her stomach. I knew right away that it was just as hard as it was when she was a Larvitar. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was completely comprised of sapphire fragments. I eagerly looked into her face, but turned out to be a bit confused. She wore a malevolent grin, almost looking as if she was trying to show off her fangs. For some reason it felt like I wasn't even looking at my best friend.

She raised he short arm and placed her hand on her forehead. "Oh yeah, it feels great to be out." Her voice sounded nothing like before. Something was wrong, I was sure of it.

"Well, I warned you!" Milotic blurted before quickly diving into safety.

"Seems we 'ave a bit of a probl'm..." Caleb grunted unpleasantly. It seemed like only I was the lost one, seeing as Seth looked just as irritated as Caleb.

I understood a few seconds later when Sapphire began to break in to a malicious laugh. She had lost control.

I didn't know how to even comprehend with that intake of information. What did that mean about our friendship? What did that mean about my friend?

"Get a grip, Sapphire!" I shouted before actually thinking. I would soon regret it. Her laughing abruptly stopped and she stared at me with eyes that were most definitely not Sapphire's. A chill ran up, down and all around my spine when the green Pokemon began using the small boulders as stepping stones to get onto land. With one final hop, we were at eye level.

"You say something, Typhlosion?" she said through gritted fangs. That settled it. I was positive that whoever was talking to me was not Sapphire.

Seth quickly ran up in front of me and replied, "Where's Sapphire? What have you done with her?"

"Don't worry little fella, I got her locked up nice in tight." she pointed a sharp claw at her head. "Sapphire always had two personalities. It's about time you see the second..." She allowed the sentence to trail a little as she let out a low grumble.

"I've been itching for a good fight!" she declared, staring intently at me and Seth. Another chill filled my body and I was unable to move. Seth, on the other hand, had run over to Caleb once he heard that.

"Sapphire's wrong about you," she slowly raised a threatening hand, "you don't seem like a coward." The hand quickly flung downward, its claws penetrating my skin with ease. I screamed and bellowed in pain as I fell on my back. I placed my hand on the gash to stop the bleeding, but ended up sending throbbing stings throughout my body. The pain was utterly unbearable.

The pain from the strike.

The pain from the stinging.

The pain from being struck by my best friend.

Like my dad always said, it's good to have more than one best friend. Within no time, Seth came to my aid once again. From my angle, I could see that there was no way he could have taken on the green giant before him.

Without hesitation, Sapphire opened her mouth and shot black rings at Seth. He countered with rings of his own. The two attacks colliding caused a small explosion and Seth took advantage of this by preparing his next attack. His body became enclosed in a purple aura and he rushed into Sapphire. Unfortunately, the explosion obscured Seth's vision as well and he ended up smashing into Sapphire's rock hard belly. A quick flashback went past my eyes as I was reminded of Seth and Sapphire's very first battle against each other. The image was quickly dismissed when Sapphire pushed her stomach forward and managed to throw Seth in the air.

"This should keep you quiet!" She smirked as she ran toward Seth who was soaring defenselessly through the air.

I had to stop her. There was no argument with that in my mind. The only thing that made me hesitate was could I stop her?

After quickly filling myself with false-relief by telling myself I wasn't really attacking my best friend, I quickly sat up and winced at the sharp pain. When she ran in my range of fire, I let loose a ball of fire that struck her head on. It sent her crashing into a row of trees that quickly toppled over under her weight. Lying in a heap of bark and leaves, small embers still burned on the Pokemon's skin. I was sure we won until her body began to wiggle out of the mess.

"That was some attack, Typhlosion. I was sure you were done for." she said calmly as she brushed dirt off her shoulders. "Now I'll be sure you stay—." She was cut off in mid-sentence, and I noticed her mouth stayed open. As if she was frozen in time or something. That's when I noticed the purple ray directed at her head. To my amazement, the sinister ray was coming from Seth's eyes.

"Nice plan!" I complimented, "Confuse her and make her beat herself up!"

"No you idiot," he retorted, his eyes still focused on the frozen Tyranitar, "I'm going to try and force Sapphire out of this imposers head."

Genius! Simply genius. You could always count on Seth to come up with a clever plan. Sapphire obviously didn't like this info, as she began to struggle. Eventually, she was able to turn around and was facing Seth. With some effort, she was able to conjure another round of Dark Pulses and fired them at Seth. He was forced to break his gaze with his narrow dodge.

"We've got to keep her still!" he shouted at me. I'm guessing he didn't notice the fact that I was completely drained.

"So this is Sapphire's beloved Team Blaze?" the Tyranitar slowly walked up to me, "Simply pathetic..."

She now stood directly above my head and raised her enormous foot. Seth was much too far to help me out of this one. I closed my eyes instinctively but instead of feeling pain, I heard a scream. I re-opened my eyes just in time to see Sapphire levitating a few feet above the ground. Flying next to her was Drake, his hand curled in a fist and incased in a coat of fire. Judging by the burned patch of skin under her chin, I figured Drake just uppercut Sapphire, pretty much saving my life.

The Dragonite, however, was not yet satisfied. Before Sapphire even recovered, he quickly spun around and slammed his tail—which was now surrounded in a blue aura—into her stomach. She smashed into the ground only a few feet away from Seth with a loud thud. Without pause, Seth hastily ran over to her and fired another purple beam at her. I watched with delight as I saw she was much too worn out to struggle this time.

"Oh yeah, that felt good..." Drake muttered while landing next to me. I couldn't help but laugh...

***** Sapphire's POV *****

The blackness around me slowly began to clear up. I had been in that state for much too long and I knew something was going wrong. My fears were confirmed when I found myself laying battered on the ground and my stomach was aching. I raised my hand and began to rub it. Wait... I HAD HANDS!!! I EVOLVED!!!

I quickly sat up, expecting to see the faces of enthusiastic friends, but instead I saw Drake grinning; Seth panting; and Zeke beat up even worse than me.

"What happened here?" I asked. My mind seemed to be a complete blank. At the sound of my voice, I saw Zeke immediately smile.

"Ya lost control," Caleb answered as he walked up to me, "we had to knock some sense inta ya."

"WE!?" Seth screamed furiously, "You didn't do anything! I completely forgot you were here!"

"Just enjoyin' th' show," Caleb replied with a smirk. Seth glared and turned his back to the captain.

"Well at least the evolutions were a success." said a voice coming from the lake. The Milotic had reemerged. "Well, sort of. You sure did a number on your friends. Bring the Typhlosion over here; allow me to help with his wounds."

Drake quickly grabbed one of Zeke's legs and dragged him over to the lake. I let out a low growl but that was all I really could do. I was still a little hurt from what ever just took place. When the pair reached the body of water, Milotic lowered her head directly above Zeke's wounds. Humming a soothing tune, both Milotic and Zeke's bodies began to light up in a blue aura. Like magic, Zeke's wounds closed themselves up. The Typhlosion stood up like nothing happened, and an explanation of what just happened began.

They told me how Drake evolved much sooner than me. They told me how my voice slightly changed when my evolution was finally complete. They told me how I was seconds away from killing Zeke.

"Well, at least you're back to your old self. And know you've gotten much stronger from your evolution." Zeke tried to reassure me.

"Yeah, but I just noticed the evolution wasn't perfect." Milotic quickly replied as she stared at me attentively.

"What are you talking about?!" Zeke retorted, "I'm looking straight into her eyes and I know that this time, its Sapphire's eyes!"

"I think that's the point." Caleb said walking up to us. Judging by our expressions, I could tell neither me nor Zeke knew what they were talking about.

"You shouldn't be able to look into her eyes." he continued, "A normal Tyranitar would be at least an entire foot taller than your current height."

"What about me?" Drake cried in a worried tone.

"Oh don't worry. Your evolution went great!" Milotic responded. Well that's just dandy. Drake would never let me live this down.

With everything said and explained, we began our way back to the ship. I couldn't help but stare at Zeke, who continuously shot nervous glances at me, as if expecting me to turn into some rabid monster. I was read to scold him, but decided not to as I just didn't have the energy.

Soon enough, we arrived at the enormous ship and were greeted by our friends.

"Wow Sapphy! You look awesome!" Silk cried.

"Drake... you look nice." Vulpy whispered, her cheeks blushing an intense red. I couldn't help but notice Drake's cheeks taking on a similar shade of red.

"Aww man, I sure wish I was there..." Squirt mumbled as he crossed arms.

"Good job you two." Neos simply said before making his way to the ship. Feeling a little better about myself, we all followed him.

In no time, we were once again at sea. I quickly ran to my room, shut the door, and lay on my bed. I was now well aware of my fear of the water and didn't want to take any chances. If it wasn't for my unusually short body, I probably wouldn't have even fit on my bed. I stared at the ceiling as I thought about what the captain told me.

"First, we'll be goin' to Pillar Lake where there's someone I'd like for ye to meet. Then, we're headin' for Enigma Isle, where there's supposedly a False Legend."

The first part of the plan was complete and now it was time to confront the False Legends themselves. Then, suddenly, there was a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I instructed, sitting upright. The door swung open and the rest of Team Blaze hurried in.

"Hey, what's up guys?" I was eager to see the faces of my friends.

"We've got to get off this ship!" Seth quickly said, "Do you know where we're headed?"

"Yeah, Enigma Isle; The captain thinks there's a False—." I didn't bother finish the sentence when I saw the expressions on everyone's faces.

"You knew? And you didn't tell us..." Seth averted his eyes away, as if I wasn't worthy of his gaze.

"I—I forgot guys. I was gonna tell you eventually..." For some reason, my reply seemed to make things worse.

"You know Sapphire, we ARE a team. We have to make decisions together!" Seth exclaimed. I looked from Zeke to Silk for comfort, but they both looked away.

"Well... What decisions I make is none of your business! The captain says this'll help me on my journey to get back home!" My voice began to rise.

"Hehe," Seth chuckled quietly, "I can't believe you still trust this guy. He forced us to kill innocent people!"

"He didn't force us to do anything! That was through our own actions!" I was now screaming.

"Calm down Sapphire." Zeke said, finally looking up.

"Yeah, before you mistakenly attack us." Seth added quite loudly. I was prepared to argue with Zeke but Seth's comment shut me up.

"Get out... Just get out!" I screamed. A let out a low growl and they all got the picture. Soon, I was alone once again.

What was going on? First the massacre, then my going wild, and now this! All of which were caused by the captain. Maybe Seth was right... No way, he couldn't be. If it wasn't for the captain, I'd be on the run on land, making it much easier to catch me. And because of him, I got my limbs back! He just had a strange way of showing his generosity. Yeah, that's it... We're all strange in our own way...

For the first time in a while, I was able to drift into a peaceful slumber.

The ride to Enigma Isle was a much longer one than to Pillar Isle. We must have been at sea for week until Drake spotted land once again. During the entire seven day period, I talked little to Zeke and Silk, and not at all to Seth. I was sure we'd make up sooner or later; I just had to give it some time. I was eventually able to go up on deck, just as long as I didn't wander too close to the edge of the boat. I noticed Vulpy and Drake spending a lot of time together while Squirt took a dip in the water. A dragon and a fox made a weird combination, but I couldn't complain. It's not like I sometimes didn't feel similar feelings toward Ze—uh, nevermind.

Up close, Enigma Isle just looked like a large mountain surrounded by a little bit of flat land. From where we were approaching, we could see a rather large cave with light emitting from it. There was no doubt in my mind, someone was in there.

After setting foot on the island, I caught the full affect of its features. The mountain had jagged rocks sticking out on all sides and looked like it could collapse under its own weight at any time.

"Attention everyone," Neos shouted, effectively grabbing everyone's attention, "this time, we'll all be going in together. The False Legends are no one to fool around with. It's said they're even stronger than some Legends."

"I'm so close... I'll be home in no time..." I muttered to myself as we walked toward the cave.

The corridor was brightly lit with torches hanging off the wall. The walls of the cave looks smooth and nothing like the outside. That pretty much proved someone was here. According to the small amount of ash below the torches, I figured they were lit very recently. Were we expected?

After more minutes of walking, I was surprised to find out that we emerged outside. In fact, it seemed we were also at a much higher elevation than when we entered. I scanned the surroundings, but my eyes locked on a figure at the end of a ledge. From behind, I saw that the tall creature had a purplish-grey skin tone. His purple tail flipped around madly as if it had a mind of its own. The Pokemon—or whatever it was— turned around even though I was sure we didn't make a sound upon entering. Its feline face was pointed downward and its purple eyes seemed to be staring at everyone. This Pokemon gave me an extremely bad vibe, but why?

Then it hit me... That body structure... That stance... He was the Pokemon from the mural in Elemental Tower. He was a False Legend. There was something else about this Pokemon. He seemed oddly human-like.

"It's been much too long..." Caleb said in a low tone as he and—to my surprise—Neos slowly walked toward the Pokemon.

"Heh, well if it isn't Caleb and Neos." His tone was alarmingly calm, "I knew I could count on you two. You were my original teammates for Team Creation, after all. Thank you for bringing Sapphire to me."

The pair came to a stop and they both kneeled down on one knee and bowed their heads. Then, simultaneously, they replied, "It was our pleasure, Master..."

***** End of Chapter 21 *****

Well what do you think? I think it was a nice come back after a month of no updates. Feel free to ask any question!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    ...Cliffhanger? How mean. A long time without an update, and we finally get the next chapter, and it ends with a cliffhanger.

This chapter revealed a bit about some characters. There's even some deeper feelings Sapphire holds for someone! xD And to have Neos and Caleb be back stabbers? I was surprised at Neos, because he really didn't show any signs that he couldn't be trusted.

Let's just hope that the next update doesn't take as long. ^^

GalladeIceMan

Friend of Pokemon
    Years
  • Come on! I know that this has been like sorta...dead, for a while, but I think it's a great story! Come on Gummy! Keep going! I love this fic!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    *thinks* I believe Gummy is rewriting this. At least that's what he told me. And...yeah. :x

So I'm just going to close this for being a massive revival from the dead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back