• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Mister Oshawott's Paints *or something like that*

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
  • Hello there and welcome to my art gallery! I am Shad0wChas3r *Mister Oshawott*. You might've seen my works inside of Dr. Zion's drawing emporium, where he kindly showcased some of my works. However, with him off to college, and with me constantly pumping out more and more paintings, I didn't want to risk facing a problem by necromancing his thread. So I decided to make my own right here that way I didn't have to worry, and could update the OP regularly.

Anyways, moving onto the artwork itself. I usually do signature banner requests, alongside with some digital painting *with a mouse, miraculously*. It's certainly not the best stuff, considering how I've only just begun about four months ago. But some of my work has made me exceptionally proud of myself.

So here are some examples of my Banners:

Mister Oshawott's Paints *or something like that*
    ------------------

Mister Oshawott's Paints *or something like that*

Now here are some examples of my Digital paints:

Truths vs. Ideals
    Spoiler:

-----------------------
    Cyndaquil Family Reunion
    Spoiler:

--------------------------
    Charmander and Arcanine
    Spoiler:

---------------------------
    Happy Halloween from Mister Oshawott
    Spoiler:

--------------------
    Espeon
    Spoiler:

-------------------------
    Unova Starters Wallpaper
    Spoiler:

----------------------
    Happy Holidays from Mister Oshawott
    Spoiler:

------------------------------------

As of right now, I am not taking requests for either Banners or Paints. But I might be inclined to do so in the near future. For right now, I just wanted to share my art without causing trouble for me or Dr. Zion. Big thanks to him for showcasing my stuff on his thread when he did. Feel free to critique me as you see fit, so long as you follow PC's rules, I am a very sensitive person ;P . Either way, thanks for stopping by!

Last edited:

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
    Years
  • Your digital work is so awesome :3 I really love your painting style! You have a really good sense of shade, also I don't even like Oshawott and I think that Christmas one you've done is adorablawesome XD

I used to work with a mouse too, and I know how tedious it is >.< you've definitely pulled it off better than I ever did, great paintings!

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • Thank you! I've always been a fan of fan-art, preferably digital paints. So I thought I would like to try it for myself, and I've been pretty proud of the turnout.

Working with a mouse is a bit tedious, but after working with it for so long, I've become accustomed to it, and actually kind of prefer it. It's a shame you don't like Oshawott *Pokemon, not the painting* though, 'cause I'm sure he would like you :P . I am glad that you like the Christmas Oshawott though xD !

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to stop by and for your kind words, it means a lot!

Last edited:

braixen

the supreme meme
    Years
  • WOW you work with a mouse!? i remember back when i used to use one for my art and holy cow it was difficult, so i really admire your effort!

really love the unova starters wallpaper; it has really nice composition in the center, and it really caught my eye quickly while i was scrolling down.

also you're so good at drawing oshawott! there's such nice shading on all of the oshawotts you've drawn here! i'm especially liking the one with the black background because i find it particularly hard to draw with a completely black bg and still have it look so natural, but you mananged to do it so good! would love to see more from you in the future.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • Hey, thanks for stopping by! Yeah, when you're like me and funding for a tablet is nonexistant. But like I said before, I kind of prefer using a mouse, which is strange in itself.

I'm very proud of the Unova Starters one, and I imagine you could understand how long THAT took with a mouse :P . I think I'm most happy with how Samurott and Servine came out. The others are nice, but those two are pretty nice, I think.

Thank you! I'm also very proud of my Oshawott paintings. For some reason, I have a much easier time painting Oshawott than many others. Perhaps that's from all the practice I've had with him, but I digress. I really liked the Halloween one too, that was my first recent Oshawott painting that I was happy with on the first try.

Again, thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind words. I'll be sure to post more soon when I finish them :D !

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ahhh I recognize some of this work! n_n You've opened a gallery before, yes? Well, I'm happy to say that you've improved quite a bit!

I really enjoy your more painted style. Sometimes not having an outline can turn out really well when executed properly. My only suggestion is, if you're not going to use any outlines, I think it'll do you some good to sharpen the edge of your "painting". It seems like some pieces (specifically the reg bad Oshawott is holding in your Holiday pic) the painting just trails off and doesn't have a distinct ending. It works well for your shading and coloring though! I adore how your Arcanine/Charmander piece came out! Arcanine is just an awesome Pokemon, so it kind of looks great by default, but I think your paint-ish style lends well to the "heat" of a fire type Pokemon. Very creative! :)

Lastly, I'd like to see more uniqueness in your drawing. Your style is completely your own, but the images of your Pokemon are very reminiscent of Sugimori's work. The poses are fundamentally the same, so I would very much like to see your own interpretation of how Oshawott looks.

Anyway, this is an awesome little gallery you got here. I can't wait to see more of your work! Keep up the great work!

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • Ahhh I recognize some of this work! n_n You've opened a gallery before, yes? Well, I'm happy to say that you've improved quite a bit!

I really enjoy your more painted style. Sometimes not having an outline can turn out really well when executed properly. My only suggestion is, if you're not going to use any outlines, I think it'll do you some good to sharpen the edge of your "painting". It seems like some pieces (specifically the reg bad Oshawott is holding in your Holiday pic) the painting just trails off and doesn't have a distinct ending. It works well for your shading and coloring though! I adore how your Arcanine/Charmander piece came out! Arcanine is just an awesome Pokemon, so it kind of looks great by default, but I think your paint-ish style lends well to the "heat" of a fire type Pokemon. Very creative! :)

Lastly, I'd like to see more uniqueness in your drawing. Your style is completely your own, but the images of your Pokemon are very reminiscent of Sugimori's work. The poses are fundamentally the same, so I would very much like to see your own interpretation of how Oshawott looks.

Anyway, this is an awesome little gallery you got here. I can't wait to see more of your work! Keep up the great work!

Actually, I've never opened a gallery on PC before, this one is my first one. You might be referring to Dr. Zion's gallery, where he had kindly hosted some of my paintings. I decided to throw this one up there because he is kind of busy with real life stuff and I had a whole bunch of images I wanted to showcase.

Instead of necromancing his thread and facing possible reprimand, I decided to just open my own so I could have the freedoms of updating whenever. Not that I'm not grateful for what he's done. But I am glad that you recognize some of this stuff.

I agree with you on the outlines suggestion. There were a few paintings where I would want to go back and put an outline on that bad boy. I'll definitely keep this is mind when I continue in the future. As for the sharpened edges, you are right. That's one of the biggest problems I face when using my mouse, and I don't hardly notice these things happening until I upload them onto Deviantart/Photobucket.

Arcanine and Charmander was actually one of my firsts after I started working with Dr. Zion. Being my first actual piece with decent shading and coloration, I was really proud of it. I made it for a friend of mine, who, coincidentally, had graduated College after I had graduated Highschool. Charmander being my favorite of the two, and Arcanine his. Just a cool little fact for you.

I'm also glad you like the looks of my fire types, that's something I feel I do the best when it comes to the painting, more so than the shading. It just seems like everyone likes how I carry out the fire, and how I can make it appear to give off some sort of heat.

You are also right in the respect that the images are very similar to Sugimori's works. That isn't to say I'm copying or pasting by any means. I'm just in the phase where I need visual support to be good at outlining my paintings. I assure you that some more original works will be on the way very very soon, and I apologize that these current pieces aren't as unique as I'd like them to be.

With all of that having been said, thank you for stopping by and giving me such good feedback and advice. I appreciate it more than you know!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    That's what it must have been! I knew I recognized some of this work before! Glad you decided to showcase more by opening a gallery. :)

I just want to quickly say, don't be afraid of making mistakes. It's only natural to use a reference for things. Hell, I do for almost every piece I work on. But! Just don't limit yourself just because someone else did a more accurate representation of a Pokemon. Make errors, totally botch a piece, downright ruin it, and the post it shamelessly. Just learn something along the way! Art is a journey, so what your painting looks like in the long run doesn't matter. The important thing is that you had fun and, because of the last drawing, your next one can be even better.

So there's two cents for ya lol. Seriously though, so happy you opened a gallery! n_n

Years
  • Hey! One tip about the signatures.
    Be careful with the typography and their effects. Choose a contrast colour than background, not the same, that will help to separate the titles to background, and it will looks better and clean.
    Try to don't add so many effects to the letters, they will looks better ;)
    Keep on the good work!

Back