• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misunderstandings

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Let's say someone misunderstood something you'd once said or done and took it negatively, when in reality you meant no harm/thought you what you were saying was justifiable. Do you try to correct that person and make them see that they were wrong, or do you let them think whatever it is they are thinking. And since it definitely does matter, which people do you try to explain yourself to, and which do you leave be?

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2020
    my sentences are a mess and i say things wrong very often, so this happens to me a lot.

i always try to explain myself to everyone, which gets annoying when i can't get people to understand me. i think it's important, i don't want people getting wrong ideas about me. only exception to this are people that i don't want to interact with because of whatever reason, or those who purposefully try to make me look bad, no reason to waste energy with them.

whenever someone misunderstands me i get nervous and it shows, so people who don't know me well usually think i'm backtracking or trying to change my own words to look better. ugh

Sirfetch’d

This is the story of my life. I am very misunderstood because I sometimes let my emotions get the better of me and impair how/what I say and or do. It's tricky to deal with though. I try my best to fix it but sometimes I just make matters worse :x

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    This happens to me the normal amount I think. It used to really bother me and I would try to explain myself or if I felt like I couldn't talk to them I would just get upset that I was misunderstood and become more closed off to them. I've just stopped caring. There are some people in this world who just will never understand you or get what you mean or even worse those people who twist everything you do/say. Idk if it's them, me, maybe both, or in the case of word twisting idk what their mental problem is? But yeah that's their issue and if the misunderstandings keep adding up between us that alerts me that we just shouldn't talk too much which is an easy fix.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • It's always my fault when someone else misunderstands me. Actually, the exact thing happened about 3hr ago:

Spoiler:

Note: I not live with my parents. I'm saying that because of the story, so there's no confusion.

Back