• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mixed Emotions

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    So, today (after spending two nights at her house) my best friend Leanne (known here as The Mooch, but she never comes on anymore because PC lags her compy to hell) took me to the Humane Society Shelter, where two weeks ago, my dad took two of my cats. Hercules and Boots. We were going to see if they were still there, maybe visit them. And so we get there, and already my heart was dropping.

We go into the kitty kennels, which is pretty well off, considering. We sanitized our hand to interact with kitties, and I scanned every kennel for my kitties. I didn't find either of them. I could feel tears crowding behind my eyes as my heart dropped still further. But I had to know. I had to know what happened to the kitties whose pictures will be attached at the bottom of this entry. (If I used the wrong spelling.... Whose when I should be saying Who's. No corrections. I really tried.)

So I left the kitty room and returned to the from desk, where I asked one of the ladies about my cats. It took a while to find when they were dropped off. (July 8, which is when I made the blog entry about dropping them off) But we found them. And I waited, with as straight a face as possible as she skimmed their files for what happened to them.

I'll go in the same order I got it.

Spoiler:

Hercules was adopted. I didn't ask who his new family was, but that really made me happy. I just knew he wouldn't get put down. I mean, look at him. He's big, fluffy, beautiful with a lovable face, and cuddly to boot. Who wouldn't want a loverboy like Hercules? I just hope that he's happy in his new home, with his new family. Because it was really hard for us to give him up.

Spoiler:

Boots, on the other hand, had to be put to sleep. I was able to keep a straight face as she told me this, even though the tears were piling up, trying to get out. I had always had a feeling. She was moody, and the Humane Society found her to be too aggressive, so they put her down. I know that cat wasn't the fondest of me, but she was sweet when she wanted to be. Either way, it's too late for me to change what happened.

I went back into the kitty room crying. I just couldn't hold back the tears anymore. Then Leanne introduced me to one of the softest short hairs I've ever met. And honestly, petting her made me feel better. So I interacted with a few more kitties, while waiting for her and Lisa to decide it was okay for us to go. I didn't want to interfere with their fun that badly, even if all I wanted to do was leave.

And so, I have mixed emotions about the visit, and the fates of my kitties. But it was more for the better..... I just have to remember that. (Aw jeez I'm crying again)

Farewell Hercules. I am glad to know you're alive and hope you're happy with your new family.

Goodbye Boots. I am sorry you had to die, but they were just trying to keep people looking to adopt safe... I just hope you're in a better place now....

depressionplz.gif

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Oh my goodness, I'm so so sorry. I can't imagine how hard that must have been. Just wow. I'm so sorry.

*hugs Kirro*

Back