• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mobile Games

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    I am actually pretty fond of casually playing some games on my phone. Ever since I finally got a better smartphone that could actually run most games and has updated android and everything, I gave certain rhythm games a try and stuff.

So, Piano Tiles 2. I suppose the first game really blew up, as it was pretty simple (Don't Touch The White Tiles), but for good reason. Simple, yet super addictive. Although the first game's main focus was more on agility, I suppose. The second one, on the other hand, actually cares about the music and lets you play all the classical songs, from Bach to Mozart. Although the intensity of the game especially when you're going for high high scores, it's still somewhat relaxing considering the classical music pieces.

On the other side, we have Rayark with their pretty good rhythm games. Deemo, Cytus, and now VOEZ. I need to praise Rayark for utilizing touch, because tapping in rhythm games like these feel absolutely good. I saw VOEZ somewhat recently appearing on the play store, but I didn't download it until today. Played it a bit, checking it out and all, but I'm already preeeeetty hooked. It's probably my favorite rhythm game for android so far now. Also, it features some nice art work and a "Diary";

Spoiler:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I think the only game I play semi-regularly is Fallout Shelter. Why? Because it's kinda like the base building in XCOM, thats why!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I suppose I will say what I don't like about mobile games.

I find a lot of them to be free, and therefore have extensive microtransaction implication present. Buy extra supplies for only $3.99! How about a new costume, its only$.99!!!

Premium Currency is kind of a subsection of microtransactions. Buy 500 Gamecoins™ for only $14.99! Pay your way to victory today! Buy away timers, buy better characters/equipment, buy upgrades, etc... And it's obviously not a microtransaction since you arent buyin the item directly!!

Hell if you ask me, Mobile games are where this business mode was pioneered and it now infects most if not all major releases in some form. F2P and MMOs are almost dependent on this system now!

Without this I wouldn't have too much a problem with mobile games. I mean other than the mindless ones like Flappybird that insult making games. Those exist on all platforms though so I can live with it.

pkmin3033

I'm...not overly keen on mobile gaming. Lack of a useable phone aside, I generally shy away from pay-to-play/free-to-wait games, and the mobile market is absolutely full of these. That said, there are a few fairly entertaining titles: I had a reasonable amount of fun on Chaos Rings and Queen's Crown on my first iPod touch, anyway. But these things don't really leave a lasting impression on me, and I don't play games for quick, five-minute bursts of mindless distraction. I want something more immersive. Generally speaking, mobile titles aren't designed for that.

I do a lot of complaining about mobile gaming, although that's mostly because Square Enix think mobile gaming is an acceptable way forward for certain franchises when it blatantly is not. Generally speaking, mobile games are also shorter and not as well-designed as the games I'm used to playing...outside of ports of titles (which are, admittedly, quite impressive) I've yet to see a mobile RPG that can match a console one, at least.

Also, these things drain battery life something awful.

Oh, one thing, though - the idea that mobile gaming is killed the handheld market is as ridiculous as the idea that PC gaming is killing the console market. Thank you, Sony. Apples and Oranges. Take your pathetic scare-mongering and excuses for not supporting your handheld with Western titles elsewhere, because it's utter bollocks.

I'm due a smartphone, and when I get one I will almost certainly get one or two games for it. But I'm just as likely to play my Gameboy Micro on the bus home really, and when I'm at home I will almost certainly gravitate towards one of my consoles or handhelds. Mobile gaming just isn't really for me.

Last edited:

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • i don't think i'm addicted to any game but the one and only game i played is Vector ♥
    parkour :D

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • The thing that irks me most about mobile games (or at least the ones I've played) are the pay-to-win schemes. It's tough to compete with the players who dish out cash to give themselves the best equipment or whatever when you're like me and don't spend a cent on these games. I still have fun with these games, of course, haha.

On the subject of the games I like to play, I really enjoy Mabinogi Duel. It's a card game. c:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I love what is available on the higher end. The f2p is obviously a miss and jist goes from fad to fad, but there is SOME good in there. Theresnthe Two Dots style match three which isn't as bad as the Saga games from King, or Sea Heroes which is a fun 3D game were you reach the goal in the alloted time. The left to right infinite runner category is harmless enough, with games like Rad Boarding which feels like it has a paywall but with some patience you can overcome it.
    Maybe I'm a sucker, but the premium stiff is worth the cash a lot of the times. I have a controller for emulation, but it helps for the Skyrim Clones or Squeenixks RPGS. In general I like what isnoffered despite being way below the console scene, but that's okay. Missing out on genuine experiences that could be nee because you detest the business side of the scammers is a bad way to see it and I hope people eventually open up to it.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Love Live School Festival.
    I've been playing it since the release of English version and I still continue.
    Rhythm game + tapping cute girls + having LL story, insta win.
    This, except I'm not playing it since release and only play it from time to time, at least until I get a better phone. Having the issue of tablet being too big for sif, and well, emulating via bluestacks is even more complicated since it's easier to just tap the heads rather than binding everything to the keyboard. Gotta catch all Nicos tho

Other than that, I don't really play mobile games. Most mobile games are just pay2enjoy, where you get to play a few rounds until you're forced to either wait hours for more play points or buy them. Or the crystals/hearts whatever currency they use to roll gacha.

Years
  • Love Live School Festival.
    I've been playing it since the release of English version and I still continue.
    Rhythm game + tapping cute girls + having LL story, insta win.
    i have the same game on my phone and i am honestly not great at it which its a little more fast paced than i can handle but other than that i been messing with pokemon go i wish they gave us more customization options for the trainers

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I feel like I wanna address the mother of all mobile gaming techs..

Mobile Games

Oh yes ladies and lads. The Nokia N-GAGE! one of the hypesiest of things back in the early 2000's. The pinnacle of CUTTING EDGE (or cutting your own wrists and feeling edgy if that's how you want to see it).

The best part about the N-Gage for me is that in its library of games, one of them was Red f**kin Faction.

I remember how Nokia was quite serious in making this the next best thing since the original X-Box and the PS2 but sadly, it didn't go as well as what they wanted.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Having the issue of tablet being too big for sif,
    Actually, tablet is much better =D
    I got many S-ranks on tablet on songs I couldn't S-rank on phone.

i have the same game on my phone and i am honestly not great at it which its a little more fast paced than i can handle but other than that i been messing with pokemon go i wish they gave us more customization options for the trainers
    Just practice :) It all comes with repeating the songs all over again ;)

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Mobile games are basically the only games I play now. My phone is basically my console.

I play Plants vs. Zombies 2, Pokémon Shuffle, Scribblenauts Unlimited, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, and some others.

Back