• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Mod Change thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Seriously, where's the harm in it? As I said before, Forum Leaders page doesn't show who's permanently demoted...It just shows who has the powers of the offices at the given moment. If it's possible to update that in a way to redirect queries to the proper person, then it's fine and dandy, but if it's not...then we ought to at least have a list of who on the h-staff knows about each section. It isn't difficult. It isn't invasive. It's merely easier if the Forum Leaders page doesn't give you the information you needed.

You just said it right there. It shows who runs what. That is all members need to know is who is currently in charge of a section. Knowing that someone has been demoted is not necessary. It's not so hard to check a list of the forum leaders. It really, really isn't.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    One of Pachy's points made me want to say this.

Another way to know if someone isn't staff aka quitting etc (and not just dloa) is if they have the ex-staff emblem. Sure it may take a few days to be given out (and in some cases it won't, but in the majority), it's like right there and easy to see on the profile. If it's really essential to members whether they need to know ex-staff and current staff, then check the emblems. 9/10 cases when the emblems aren't listed means they're on dloa. Simple. For the ones who don't have emblems and don't return to staff after 2 months then there's probably a high chance they aren't staff anymore.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    You shouldn't need to wait 2 months to confirm they're really gone. :<

The emblem isn't always reliable as you said Nica...it's not always rewarded with certainty.

Sydian, I strongly disagree. That isn't all we need to know, if we can find out on our own anyways. Just quit stalling and let it be simple so people know. The sooner they know, the sooner they quit bothering the wrong person and the sooner they get used to it. It helps to know sooner than later.

I simply think it's absolutely stupid that you all think it's an invasion of privacy. It's nothing to be ashamed of if you're taking a leave, or stepping down...any sane person would tip their hat to you and thank you for your service when you leave. It's not like there will be parties thrown. Sure, there will be tongues wagging, but they do that anyways. Keeping more secrets is just going to encourage the stupid gossip hounds to make up more outrageous things to fill the gap. Best to just bare the truth and deal with it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    The emblem isn't always reliable as you said Nica...it's not always rewarded with certainty.

How is it not reliable? Every ex-staff member has an ex-staff emblem. And that's not reliable?

Sydian, I strongly disagree. That isn't all we need to know, if we can find out on our own anyways. Just quit stalling and let it be simple so people know. The sooner they know, the sooner they quit bothering the wrong person and the sooner they get used to it. It helps to know sooner than later.

Which brings me back to say it is not hard to look at the damn forum leader's page and see that so and so is missing. It is not as big of a deal as you make it out to be. If a staff member is demoted, you shouldn't have to know the reasons. It's the staff's business, and if you wanna ask the ex-mod why they're no longer staff, it's their decision to tell you. And if you're not asking for a reason for it to be listed in this "mod change thread", it's still unnecessary. It's been said 1000 times: Forum. Leaders. Page.

I simply think it's absolutely stupid that you all think it's an invasion of privacy. It's nothing to be ashamed of if you're taking a leave, or stepping down...any sane person would tip their hat to you and thank you for your service when you leave. It's not like there will be parties thrown. Sure, there will be tongues wagging, but they do that anyways. Keeping more secrets is just going to encourage the stupid gossip hounds to make up more outrageous things to fill the gap. Best to just bare the truth and deal with it.

It's an invasion of privacy when certain people take their leaves for certain problems they're having irl. For instance, if I had to take a DLoA because I had to go to rehab, got arrested, was forced from my place of living, etc, I would not want all the members to know. If members want to start rumors, then that's their own immaturity. And it's the internet. Who really cares that much if members of a Pokemon forum are gossiping about someone being taken off staff? If they really want to know, just ask the staff in question. And if they wanna tell the member, they will. If they don't, they don't. Simple as that. And if you were referring to having a thread that doesn't list reasons, even still, some moderators would like to go quietly without a commotion.

Happy freaking birthday. Use this thread and quit complaining.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    You shouldn't need to wait 2 months to confirm they're really gone. :<

But that's the whole point of it. If they don't have the bold username, why contact them? Is it because you're curious? As everyone has said, you don't need to know.

And! 2 months was just a benchmark, really, after a period of time such as that, you should be able to differentiate who is staff or not. Some cases are different where they may take a dloa for more than 2 months, but again, is it essential that you need to know?

And for the emblem, it is reliable, as Syd said. We're not going to rush around and be like "omg so and so has quit, quick, I need to go hand out the ex-staff emblem!!!!111". The emblem will be given out eventually (for most) if they're ex-staff. Just have patience.

Imagine if you were a staff member that was fired for example, would you really want everyone to know? Because the more they know, the more they'll speculate. If you're not on dloa, the more people will search your posts and come up with theories as to why you're not on staff. Then you'll be stuck having to explain it to maaaany people.

Really, just give up on this idea because it isn't going to happen.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    ...I see that neither of you have paid any attention to my previous posts.

Sydian, since when have I ever pushed for anyone to say WHY someone left the staff? Never. You've been skimming my posts and not reading them. I only think that a list of people coming and going is necessary. Only. A. List. Of. Incoming. and. outgoing. Staff. I did not say that the reason why they're coming or going be revealed.

As things stand now, people still stalk, read posts and formulate theories as to why staff members left when there's a lack of information. People always will do that, no matter what you do to try to prevent it. You cannot reduce the number by keeping the quitting secret...there will always be speculation.

Forever said:
    And for the emblem, it is reliable, as Syd said. We're not going to rush around and be like "omg so and so has quit, quick, I need to go hand out the ex-staff emblem!!!!111". The emblem will be given out eventually (for most) if they're ex-staff. Just have patience.
    Yet again you shoot yourself in the foot by invalidating your assertion. The emblem is not a reliable or timely mechanism to define who is leaving staff and who is not. I know you're just trying to be supportive Nica, but I will not back down.

I feel that since the fact will get out anyways within a reasonable amount of time that it not be concealed.

Again I must assert that I do not want this thread to state why someone left the staff. The right to privacy still exists, but this thread would NOT be violating your privacy by any significant measure if there are already indicators like the ex-staff emblem in place.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    I have read much and have to say that I am on the fence about this!! There are members here that have been members for quiet a bit and are used to contacting a certain mod for their Q & A's so if they leave, shouldn't the community know?? Or if they are demoted, not the reason, shouldn't we know that also so that we can find some one else to contact about our issues for the section that we have Q's about??
    I mean just my input!! :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...I see that neither of you have paid any attention to my previous posts.

Sydian, since when have I ever pushed for anyone to say WHY someone left the staff? Never. You've been skimming my posts and not reading them. I only think that a list of people coming and going is necessary. Only. A. List. Of. Incoming. and. outgoing. Staff. I did not say that the reason why they're coming or going be revealed.

As things stand now, people still stalk, read posts and formulate theories as to why staff members left when there's a lack of information. People always will do that, no matter what you do to try to prevent it. You cannot reduce the number by keeping the quitting secret...there will always be speculation.

Yet again you shoot yourself in the foot by invalidating your assertion. The emblem is not a reliable or timely mechanism to define who is leaving staff and who is not. I know you're just trying to be supportive Nica, but I will not back down.

I feel that since the fact will get out anyways within a reasonable amount of time that it not be concealed.

Again I must assert that I do not want this thread to state why someone left the staff. The right to privacy still exists, but this thread would NOT be violating your privacy by any significant measure if there are already indicators like the ex-staff emblem in place.

For most = Vernikova, who is the only one I've seen who removes the emblem occasionally.

As I said, 9/10 times ex-staff will have that emblem. People go on dloa because they don't want any mod duties for the time, they don't want people asking if they've quit, and even so, those who have quit probably don't want people asking either. The reasons don't matter, but as people have mentioned, people want their privacy, even if reasons aren't stated, they just want to be left alone usually.

And if someone has been quit, or fired, I'm sure they don't want people asking whether they're still mods, same for dloa, they just want peace and quiet and to post on the forum normally, or lurk, or just not come on. The list is not necessary and has already been rejected so I don't see why discussion is continuing.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I think you need to concern yourself with more important matters then who's staff and who's not. Just saying.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    If we have a list of people currently on leave but not demoted? People will assume we have the list so they can still be contacted and contact them, when going off the radar until they can do their job again is the whole point of being demoted.

And the alternative, having a list of every demotion? Well, I dunno about you but if I were fired, I'd want to keep it as quiet as possible and just slink off into member-dom privately. And for those who quit, if they want it to be public, they'll make it known somewhere. Otherwise, there's no reason to know regardless of what kind of demotion it is (LoA or permanent). If someone is in power and is available to do modwork in a certain forum, they'll be on the leaders page.

Honestly, I have no idea why anyone would need to know if someone's taking an LoA or if they're outright quitting. o_O; There's absolutely no benefit that I see except knowing which forum to start frequenting in the hopes of being the replacement mod which, well, isn't a very convincing reason. Sure, you don't need to know why but that doesn't change the fact that there's been no real reason to know at all.

(Being able to direct queries to the right person isn't a good reason because we wouldn't do that in a basic list of comings and goings anyway, nor has it been presented as a supposed "requirement" of this new thread.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back