• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moderator or Administrator?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I would probably like to be a mod in the bit spare time I have but staff positions require way more work than some think. I can probably handle mod (I'd be scraping the job though, huzzah Dx) but I would never want to be admin of a huge forum since I'd blow my head up from the stress. I already pms over the teenage stress I have so the internet is my getaway. Hundreds of messages a day from members asking the dumbest things and emails from every report. Then the name changes and regular super mod job stacked on top. Umm no thanks. I'm already an admin at another site but there's not a whole lot of noobs or spammers storming by.. Which I'm grateful for. It is quite a sight to see when a real troll comes by and there's not much staff online. And I also stress over that site already... I dunno what I'd do if I was in charge of PC.. *implodes* ._.;

Last edited:
    Years
    I enjoyed being a Mod, but unfortunanlty I had to leave the possition because things were becoming a hand full in real life for me to deal with. But over all, I would choose mod. It's more relaxed ans I can concentrate on the sections I like instead of everything XP

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    I used to admin a rather small forum, and even that was stressful. I couldn't handle the idea of having all decisions needing to be made through me, and having to handle everything. To actually have to admin a forum the size of PC would be rather...ugh. :<

I would like to be a mod, and stay in the little section I call "home" here. (Wait. I do that now as a normal member.) But really, I'm happy the way things are now. It would be nice to have a wee bit more power, but really, I couldn't ask for more.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    I would definitely rather be a moderator. Being an administrator would be too much work, seeing as I'm the owner of my own vB forums.. and even that is a lot for me to handle xD Being a moderator, you don't have to look over the whole entire PC in general, but you have one or two forums to become emotionally attatched to. :3
    Plus light blue is win.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    Mod by far.Admin sounds like alot of work and I'm a wishy-washy kind of person so I wouldn't last most probably Dx

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I'd rather be a mod.
    Why? You ask.
    I don't really think I'll have fun by looking over the whole forums.
    Modding forums I like is enough for me~

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Well, A Mod if you ask me, Because I can't stand spam...I cringe when I see one, so a Mod takes well a lot of job but it can be easily handled, you just have to help people who ask for help, It can't be that hard...can't it? DD:

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    I think most of us wanted to be AA but also much would be happy to be a mod. Mod is hard too. Not only you can't go to the ACP also you have to keep your sections clean. As an AA you don't have to look after a certain section or certain sections. So I would say that AA is a little bit easier as Mod.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I wouldn't mind being either, but a mod position would most probably best suit me time-wise, seeing as I have enough time to spend a few hours on the forums. Being an admin means a lot of work, and I wouldn't be sure if I would have enough time for that position.

Years
    I wouldn't want to be any of the two because that'd make me feel like I'm obligated to come to the forum and it'd make the forum experience seem more like work than fun.

Years
    I can never see myself in an Administrative position. I am no where near active enough, and real life crap is enough for anyone.

I would take Moderator, though. It can be annoying sometimes to see spam being put out of your grasp and put to wait until a staff administer your prescribed report.

Jordan.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I'd be mod.
    I have loads of free time since I get out of school at 1pm and get to bed at 10pm. I often get bored on the forums and cleaning up forums would be a fun chore. I like cleaning up certain things.
    Plus, some places in these forums really need cleaning. Seriously, sometimes I wonder if the rules are too laid back here

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Id like to be a mod,
    It would be fun cleaning up the threads from bad people,
    and keeping the place safe from spams and flams.
    I would be really good at doing that ;)

Years
    Seeing as I have been both I would say mod if I were staff again.

Everyone seems to think one of those ever illusive italicized colored names comes with ease and we just sit back. It's actually harder than everyone thinks. Especially since there are disagreements most times and it cause delays, I'll own up to it and say I know I have caused some.

Mods have it pretty easy, but they still do have responsibilities. A mod is usually a regular member who is just in charge of their favorite section now, so it isn't all that hard, as a mod, to get yourself on and do a bit of work to keep you favorite place to post clean.

I respect my old position a lot more now and the people that still currently have it. I was only a member a month before I became staff, so I never really knew member life on PC. They all do a great job here for the amount of stress it actually comes with.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Why should I settle for just one or two quiet, uneventful sectors when I can have the entire theatre of operations as my domain? I can deal with the stress, just as long as I can scour all the forums of their undesirables.

I don't care if I become unpopular. I don't care if my actions appear to be totalitarian. Just drown out the n00bs, ignore their insipid queries, and disregard their futile demands. Just carry on with what must be done.

eternalglory

Private Eye
    Years
    i think it would be better to be an administrator, because moderators sometimes like to go overboard, and itd be nice to have the authority.
    Even though there is a LOT to keep track of and a LOT of work to enforce the rules everywhere, especially on so big a forum, I still wouldn't mind handling the job with responsibility

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'd rather be mod, because you would usualy mod a fourm you like to spend time in, and you get to know that you've helped the community by closing rather spammy/flammy threads.

Back