• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moderator's Choice Award, September

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
  • As September draws to a close, I have selected one game that I feel is, or has the potential to be, a great game. Please understand that my chosing is very subjective. Also, no arguing. I am the final mediator in any disputes over this selection.

Okay, the winner for this month may be a little bit of a surprise.

The winner is...

Pok?mon Shadow
    by pkmn310!
    https://projects.lateralshift.net/pkmnshadow/
    https://projects.lateralshift.net/pkmnshadow/files/Pkmn%20Shadow%20DEMO.zip
    Moderator's Choice Award, September

Congratulations, pkmn! I will PM you the link to the award image as soon as it is made. You can put it in your signature, print it out and tape it to your forehead, whatever you want.

Why Shadow, you ask?
    1) Shadow is one of the first games to effectively utilize the Team Project CBS
    2) The CBS is highly customized with extra added attacks and effects.
    3) Nice grass animation, custom message system, etc
    4) Good use of music (ex: team rocket)

Things to improve upon (constructive criticism)
    1) Was the town Pallet Town? Or was it original? If original, it looks too much like Pallet
    2) The door opening animation was too blocky. Try increasing the movement frequency
    3) A few typos. Like in that screen. It should be "wants" not "want's"

Other than that, nice job! You have a solid foundation here to build upon. Good luck in future developments, and congratulations!

And remember, there are lots of games here, so if you game wasn't chosen this time, it may be in the future!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 18, 2020
    If only I could make a CBS... sigh...

I actually figured out how to make stats, but I still have troubles figuring out what to do to make different party members, as in, not exact party members, but parties that may have different members as in *Gets slapped*

You get the point, teams that don't have to have certain exact members

If could make a CBS, I could make an Awesome game

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 18, 2020
    I was continuing the conversation about there being no big shining standing out game this month

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    That's probably because people might want to stay quiet until new updates and stuff.
    Plus, on some months there are many demos coming out at once.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Game of the Year: Call of Latios. Also, December and January are going to be big Demo/Final release months. Look for alot of releases then.

Years
  • I don't! I was just at my dad's for the weekend and while I am here I may as well make the most of it :P
    No you don't have to worry about that piccy, it was a nice thought either way :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back