• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moderators > Gym Leaders ...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'd like to pick up on this, seeing as that other thread was mainly about competitive battling;
    I think moderators should be changed to be called gym leaders! But we have too many ranks to make that uniform!
    I don't think this would be such a bad idea at all, I know this may have probably been brought up a thousand times, but yeah...

My View; (probably a little obvious)
    Moderators > Gym Leaders
    Super Moderators > Elite Four (idk, maybe change it to five)
    Admin's (all types) > Champions
    (i know theres a problem with the distinguishing admins, but I'm not so creative as to work around that)

Mayybeee;
    Supporters > Advanced Trainers

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I honestly don't like the idea. \; The whole forum isn't just about Pokemon so basing the staff on Pokemon-related things would be weird IMO. Plus things are nice the way they are regarding the staff names. ;o;

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I honestly don't like the idea. \; The whole forum isn't just about Pokemon so basing the staff on Pokemon-related things would be weird IMO. Plus things are nice the way they are regarding the staff names. ;o;
    Well this forum is mainly based at Pokémon though isn't it? It's not weird at all, I mean I'm pretty sure everyone joined here with Pokémon in mind. :\ I think it's quite a fun idea, I'd love to see it implemented.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I don't particular care for the idea either. Yes we are pokemon related board, but my preference is to relate them to staffing positions not Pokemon terminology. And you could also use Frontier Brain for a position name as well. Regardless I don't care for the name changes.

Serebiish

WTF?
    Years
    Well,since this is an idea that isn't used frequently,only on a few boards,like NUzlocke's(at least I've only seen it there),it might give a more unique feeling,but either way I don't care,and some members that went on hiatus,or left when coming back might be confused ...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I do not like this idea. It's just fine the way it is and we really don't need to correlate absolutely everything about the forum into Pokemon terminology. Besides, I imagine far more people to be disgruntled about something like this rather than appreciate a pointless name change.

Years
    The staff positions, names and colors have all changed before, but not recently, and I'm certain they won't change to this. Forum terminology will always be used over Pokemon terminology.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Yeah this is a great way to not confuse people as to which members have positions of power and should be looked towards when dealing with issues.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Yeah this is a great way to not confuse people as to which members have positions of power and should be looked towards when dealing with issues.
    New members still have those problems now anyway. xD; I don't see how a notice talking about the change would be put up to avoid confusion for people, including people who have been away for a while. If anything, it's even more simpler, seeing as most younger members would understand the terminology. :x

I sort of see where this is going anyway. /buries head in sand.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It's a cute idea, but maybe for a Pokemon forum other than PC, because we've had the same staff ranks since the start, and I can't see too many staff members wanting them to change. PC is a lot more than a Pokemon forum, so even if it's one at it's core, it doesn't seem enough of one as a whole to have ranks so related to Pokemon. I do like the idea, I just don't think it's meant for PC.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    They don't actually confer any sort of position of power though, they just come across as vanity ranks like PC Supporter.

You're trusting people to read a post somewhere explaining what the ranks mean on a board that we all know is full of people who don't read the rules when they should.

Years
    Well, I wouldn't want to be a gym leader, because I have gotten bored of the Pokemon game.

I moderate the Video Games forum and that is my love, so that is why I am here. Can't speak for the others, but not sure everyone would be on board.​

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    You could have PC supporter > Pkmn Trainer/ Rival?

Just a suggestion?

Years
    I think it'd be less confusing for new members if our ranks stayed as is, because on most forums across the net, Administrators and Moderators are the standard titles. There's also the fact that changing them to these would make newbies think that all of the staff do competitive battling, which is simply not the case, and they would likely be slow to realize that we are actually the leaders of various forums, not competitive battlers. I think it's a cool idea, just not an idea suitable for PC, which isn't centered around competitive battling.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    There is a difference between "cute" and "functional". Seeing how some of us have custom badges and all I guess some could go for it, but a new member that comes from another forum will expect to see moderators, not "gym leaders" XD

Also if any I want to be a Rocket Executive

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    That makes me see moderators/staff as opposition, since that's what gym leaders and such are.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Lol I'm going to be the only contrary voice and say that I kinda like the idea of Pokemon-based staff ranks. :( Not that it matters much since the idea is obviously unpopular.
    Nick and I was actually talking about this yesterday too, haha. Except we set it up a bit differently.

Moderators were Gym Leaders.
    Super Moderators were Battle Frontier Brains.
    Assistant Admins were... I can't remember. ):
    Staff Admins were the Elite Four (because there's four of them)
    Site Admin would then be the Champion.

We also said Emblems should be badges, and at the time of when we used to have Reputation, that should have been called Experience Points. But, nobody here seems to like much creativity when it comes to some things (although, I do like our staff title ranks the way it is), so ... Abort! Abort! Abort!

Edit: You guys will like Jake's icons. Just saying.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I was kidding around when I posted that. But it is a nifty idea to be more Pokémon-like!

The whole forum isn't just about Pokemon so basing the staff on Pokemon-related things would be weird IMO.
    The whole forum isn't just about Pokemon so basing the staff on Pokemon-related things would be weird.
    The whole forum isn't just about Pokemon.
    The forum isn't just about Pokemon.
    forum isn't just about Pokemon.
    isn't just about Pokemon

I quit.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'd rather stay a mod. Plus, I'm too fierce to be just a gym leader. I am clearly the champion of RBY.

Back