• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I would always use my M240 whenever I play Headquarters, especially if they're tight packed inside a building and I'll just spam penetrate on the side. Or I'll use RPG.

Finally unlocked holo for my AK-47.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Didn't even see this thread here...

Anyways just got to level 70 today. Will master the AK47 before I prestige. It's the best assault rifle imo.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    And I'm surprised that in CoD4 it's one of the first rifles you unlocked, then in here it's the last rifle you'll unlock. And I don't see the reason of it's inversion...

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Why in God's name did I prestige? I hate being put in matches with level 70s when I'm only level 1. I mean, I know the skill lies with the player and not the weapons, but that's just going too far.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    And I'm surprised that in CoD4 it's one of the first rifles you unlocked, then in here it's the last rifle you'll unlock. And I don't see the reason of it's inversion...
    They probably just did that so that players who like using ARs have a gun to look forward to using when they reach Lv 70. But the AK is really just a terrible gun. I tried using the iron sight on it when I was still 70 and only managed to get a couple of kills off of it because it sucks.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    They probably just did that so that players who like using ARs have a gun to look forward to using when they reach Lv 70. But the AK is really just a terrible gun. I tried using the iron sight on it when I was still 70 and only managed to get a couple of kills off of it because it sucks.
    You need to burst fire or lightly tap the down button when shooting.

Or atleast that's what I do.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years

It never sucks, if you know how to. Rapid fire in medium to close range, that way you can feel it's true power. Attach it with RDS, holo or ACOG and I'll be better at longer range. But NEVER ever try to fire it at long range. You'll be wasting a lot of bullets in trying to bring down a far opponent.

And I thought people are appreciating the improved iron sights...

Although I'll always use either TAR-21 or FN2000 because they're better in my opinion XD.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Maybe it's not the Ak that sucks, maybe it's just the way you use it that sucks.

Guys, tell me your snipers, I'm using WA2000 atm, but thinking of switching to intervention.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    So I prestiged last night.

Had some fun with the riot shield until level 10 imo.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Maybe it's not the Ak that sucks, maybe it's just the way you use it that sucks.

Guys, tell me your snipers, I'm using WA2000 atm, but thinking of switching to intervention.
    Unsilenced I like the Intervention. Silenced (which probably won't matter since most of you play regular and not hardcore) I like the M21 or Barrett.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Unsilenced I like the Intervention. Silenced (which probably won't matter since most of you play regular and not hardcore) I like the M21 or Barrett.

I used to use silenced m21, but it's so watered down on normal. I avoid hardcore on PS3 because a) I'm so used to normal now and b) it's a campfest.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Meh, it depends on what you play. On Hardcore TDM everyone camps like crazy, but on Headquarters and Search & Destroy it isn't that big of a problem. I would play regular but it just takes waaay to many shots to kill after playing Hardcore for as long as I have.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I tried Hardcore a few days ago and left because it's so ridiculous. I just don't like the fact that it's pretty much a one shot, one kill.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I tried Hardcore a few days ago and left because it's so ridiculous. I just don't like the fact that it's pretty much a one shot, one kill.
    Yeah, you can't really run out in the open, arms flailing or you will die. Every time.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    SPAS-12 is second to W1200, which is really kinda a bit weaker version than W1200.

Haven't done a nuke since the last time I killed a someone with a RPG.
    I got Gold Camo for the W1200 on CoD4, it's not even close to how good the SPAZ-12 (yea I know, I spelled it wrong) is. The W1200 had no range, and was way too slow. Where the SPAZ.... it's my second fav shotgun in MW2 (the 1887's being my fav), and my fav secondary weapon (the 1887's are fun, but in a game where I was trying, if I had to pick one or the other it'd be the SPAZ-12).

Why in God's name did I prestige? I hate being put in matches with level 70s when I'm only level 1. I mean, I know the skill lies with the player and not the weapons, but that's just going too far.
    I hate it, but then again I've done it a few times so I've gotten used to it. I try to play S&D as much as I can to level up to unlock weapons. And once I do I play HQ (or every now and then FFA) to get weapons leveled up. It works out nicely, because sometimes even low leveled I can get 8-12 kills in S&D, and each kill is 500XP.

It depends on how you use it. I've picked them up a few times, and I've used them in the campaign. It doesn't bounce as much as it did in CoD4, so to me... it's a better gun. I want to use it, but by the time I hit level 70 I'm using the 1887's as much as I can and trying to level up as fast as I can. So I've never put it on a class (and I'm 4th prestige).

It is a 1 shot 1 kill with most weapons. And a lot people can't understand that, or don't get how easy it is to die in Hardcore. So you'll have a bunch of n00bs (n00bs to Hardcore, and n00bs to the game) who don't know what they're doing running around out in open and just get leveled out. Being a person who plays both Core/Normal and Hardcore... I think Hardcore takes more skill (discounting tubes, and campers), because you can't just run out there, you have to think a little more, you have to be a better then your run of the mill player. And sadly most people who play Hardcore aren't better players, they're just better tubers or campers. I love TD, but I can't play Hardcore TD due to people who camp (and when I say camp I mean me going 0 and 7 before I backed out and left. I don't go 0 and 7 on HQ, I don't do it on FFA, I don't do it on Normal TD, but everyone camps on Hardcore TD).

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I prefer Hardcore actually, for Team Deathmatch anyway. Its more exciting than regular TD...

Yay, just prestiged for the second time. I thonk i might stay on this one for a while.

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years

I loled at the first paragraph.

I'm using WA2000 right now with FMJ, and with Sitrep perk. And with either Desert eagle or TMP as my side.

I got Gold Camo for the W1200 on CoD4, it's not even close to how good the SPAZ-12 (yea I know, I spelled it wrong) is. The W1200 had no range, and was way too slow. Where the SPAZ.... it's my second fav shotgun in MW2 (the 1887's being my fav), and my fav secondary weapon (the 1887's are fun, but in a game where I was trying, if I had to pick one or the other it'd be the SPAZ-12).
    I thought it's the M1014 got the Gold Camo? And besides, it's also my favorite old timer gun in CoD6, but only second to Striker.

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Definitely switch to the Intervention. Sniper rifles like the WA2000 and the M14/M21 EBR are better used with an ACOG scope if you ask me.

I use the Intervention with a Heart Beat Sensor and depending on the map, a Thermal scope or FMJ's. As for perks, Bling obviously, Stopping Power, and Steady Aim. All pro-version Perks, of course. :P

Back