• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    You bring up some, ok lots of valid points, but correct me if i'm wrong, you guys are hating on commando users in general, not just the abusers of it. i have had it used on me and used it on people and there has never been a situation where i died from it and haven't said "ok i could have stopped that". I am only trying to propose that commando isn't a perk that should be "outlawed", as so many people seem to want.
    I don't care if you use Marathon, or Lightweight, or a Tac Knife. But if your green perk shows up as Commando in the killcam you're damn right I'm pissed off at that person.
    And I've been in lots and lots and lots of situations where I walked away and said "I wouldn't have died if that person didn't use Commando".
    Watch the vid below and watch how the person just teleports (keep in mind if you're using a weapon such as a Sniper, or the SPAS, or 3 burst weapons on a 3 bar connection you're likely dead... even if you hit the person).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diU302wLLhI
    I think if you're moving it'll have more range then that.

This one is even better...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D__VfutA6k
    I wasn't kidding when I said "lunges across the room", as you can see by that vid.

and STEADY AIM DOES NOT SUCK!!! take the mp5k, throw rapid fire and akimbo if you want and put steady aim on and go to town, it is one of the most enjoyable ways to play imo, or try it with the vector or rpd w/grip,
    I've used Steady Aim... it sucks.

The whole problem here is that people have different play styles, and each person likes to think that theirs is superior to the others. i for one suck at mw2 in general, but use all playstyles, and to prove that i suck i cant tube for crap. I see no problem with people who tac-knife, tube, or camp. its just a game and the object is to win. those are all ways to win and they are all effective. would you prefer they hacked?
    If they had to hack to win then yea I have a prob. Just like I have a prob who have to use Commando to get kills. Just like I have probs with people who sit around with OMA tubes. Just like I have a prob with people who use thermal. And so on. There are far too many crutches in the game... Thermal, you're bad at sniping (or seeing people) so you have to slap on scope where the enemy shows up white. Commando, you at bad at using a weapon or bad with a knife so you have to use a perk that teleports you across the room to get a knife. And so on and so on. Yes there are many different ways to play the game... and there's also many crutches in the game.

these guys aren't saying they are good when they knife or camp or tube and yet you insult them. YOU are picking the fight here and you need to grow up. unless someone is talkin smack for tubing then, hey, maybe thats the only way he is good. sure he sucks, but i'd rather deal with it than turn someone away from mw2. i respect that you play it "straight", but they could complain the same about you in some other forum.
    They don't think they're good because they use Commando, or camp, or OMA tube, and so on? That's where you're wrong. Here's just 3 replies I got from people who do these sort of things (and I'll put them in spoilers because some of them are very kid friendly).

IIRC... this was a Commando dude.
    Spoiler:

This guy was camping with a thermal Barrett in spot where you can't see him (to snipe... you don't want to move around too much. But this guy was really really hardcore camping). So I pulled out my OMA tube class to counter that.
    Spoiler:

This guy was running around large maps using a riot shield in Deathmatch and we lost a time or two due to his stupidity (keep in mind he went like 0 and 24).
    Spoiler:

And I don't need to grow up thank you very much. I'm a very mature and reasonable person when it comes to things. I just can't stand getting killed or ripped off by crap.

Ok arcanine I'll do a 1v1, and if I lose i'll be the first to admit it... I have no problem with that, but why dont u watch my pervious uploads, and tell me if I abuse commando?

this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xH_Sssb5uQ
    I've seen your vids... They're uh.... Well I'll just leave it at "I've seen them".
    To answer your question... no you don't really use Commando. So that brings up the question of why you even have it? Because my question still stands from the last post I made (the one where you say "I use it because if I turn a corner it'll help").

also tell me how ninja is useful in TDM By the way I watched the video u asked me to watch, and u cant compare a dude playing with 5 of his buddies with me playing alone, without anyone else i can rely on, I left all my party members n ps3....
    If you're a seasoned CoD vet with stats that would blow mine out of the water then you don't need to be asked that question...
    But I'll answer it for you. ^_^

Ninja is a Green Perk, you unlock it at level 29. Well when it gets upgraded to the Pro version (what I always tried to get when I prestiged) people can't hear your footsteps. And that tends to be a good thing. Because if I had a whole team of people using Ninja Pro and you had a whole team using Commando Pro... then every footstep you hear is an enemy.

The first video was to prove you don't need to use Commando to knife. Not about how good your team is, or anything like that. But if you don't want the whole team thing... here's 3 vids of people playing with 1 person they know, or playing Merc TD. And I'm sure if you took the time to look around just a bit then there's many many more.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWJ45oTcuEE (1 Friend)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nowttQthGk (1 Friend)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0zt7xEsHR8 (Merc TD)

U know andy, or arcanine what ever u wanna be called I had orginally replied with a half assed reply, but since you've put such effort to prove commando is such a horrible perk, imma put just as much effort into trying to make u see reason, while all u so called, pro(prao) players hate commando and use ninja.
    My friends call me Andy, you can call me Arcanine.
    Quite frankly I don't give a rat's ass about you trying to prove Commando being a good perk. I know better... and I also have most of the Machinima CoD uploaders agreeing with me, and also most (if not all) of the real MLG CoD players agreeing with me. All of them use what?.... Ninja Pro, and they hate?.... Commando. You don't have to believe me, you don't have to believe anyone in this thread. But most of these people would wipe with the floor with most of us in here. If you want to say they're wrong in saying Ninja is good, Commando is bad... well... by all means go on.

I guess im not pro, but i guarentee my ps3 stats will blow your 360 stats outta the water, but since im currently playing on 360 i'll stick with them stats. Oh and i always play alone I dont party up with alex or whoever and here is my 1 day 12 hours stats, 1.41 K/d Not all that great but not bad either concidering i haven't played nothing but TDM and always played with random and I dont camp, 1.23 Wins, 12 win streak, again avarage, maybe above a little maybe under but not all that great. accurcy, 18.23 ok this is horrible but I am working on this. and my score is well i forgot, so its unimportant. My ps3 stats are way better im 6th priestege, and got over 1200+ wins over 30,000+ kills with a 2.12 % and only 5 days of playtime on that.
    PS3 stats are meaningless... Because as the majority of the Machinima (who play on both) people say... the players on the PS3 just aren't up to par with the 360 players. I'm not saying you're a bad PS3 player, it's just in this little stat posting thing it's meaningless.
    Even your own stats you posted proves that. I'm guessing the "2.12 %" is your K/D on the PS3? And yet your K/D on the 360 is a 1.41? If you've had days of playtime on the PS3 with a awesome high K/D with stats that would blow mine out of the water then shouldn't you also have a super high K/D on the 360? Even taking into account the day or two it takes getting used to the controller... you should be a lot higher... being someone who blows my stats out of the water that is.
    Now if you want I can make a new account on the 360, I can put 1 day and 12 hours on it. I'm sure I'll have at least a 1.5 K/D (or maybe twice as high)... lets do it. I'm going to make a new account tomorrow and I'll put it to the test. I'll see what stats I have when it hits the 1 day 12 hour mark... this should be fun.

And truth be told... when I play with Alex I tend to not get as many kills. I have a better K/D playing by myself then I do in a party with him. Yes it's always good to have someone watching your back, or take some of the weight off of you... but that doesn't mean I have to have him to win a game or get kills.

But honestly 1v1 never proves anything... I actually hate 1v1...

Im uploading another video right now where i have commando pro on my class and only get one knife kill.... I'll post the link shortly and then I want you to tell me by having it on im a horrible player...
    I also agree that 1v1's are meaningless. But you're always talking about how good you are, how you upload vids, and so on. I just want to see first hand how good Commando is to you (if we do this 1v1 don't let me down... I want to see at least one class with Commando on it).
    Your stats blow mine out of the water right? You have nothing to fear.

And I've already seen your vids... even your newest one using the Mini Uzi on Quarry. Don't waste your time... because my question still stands (the one you keep missing).

I'm also done wasting my time with this little Commando thing (unless KingCharizard replies to my question. I might give a 1 liner reply to that). It's always fun to have a little discussion going isn't it? It's been awhile since I've posted such a long post... feels pretty good.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    Arcanine, I Rarely knife, I have commando as a perk so I can run around and jump off ledges, like I did on quarry. My stats have dropped recently on 360 alot. I wont lie. But I also haven't been playing either, so I put the controller down for a week pick it up on some free time andget OMA tubed by a party cause I dont play merc TDM, although I should... I think we both have are likes and dislikes, But I support Commando, yes like I've said it's cheap I know but It is also useful.

Last edited:

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
    I don't care if you use Marathon, or Lightweight, or a Tac Knife. But if your green perk shows up as Commando in the killcam you're damn right I'm pissed off at that person.
    And I've been in lots and lots and lots of situations where I walked away and said "I wouldn't have died if that person didn't use Commando".

That is just like saying "i wouldnt have died if that person didn't use a sniper rifle, or a shotgun, or a riot shield, or a claymore, or a ...." do you see my point there?

They don't think they're good because they use Commando, or camp, or OMA tube, and so on? That's where you're wrong. Here's just 3 replies I got from people who do these sort of things (and I'll put them in spoilers because some of them are very kid friendly).

the fact that these are all REPLIES tells me that you started something along the lines of telling them they sucked, and they are right it is just a game.

And Kingcharizard, you are also at fault here, though i agree with you on commando not sucking, but i don't really see a problem with people camping, even though i don't do it. like i said before, different people have different styles and pretty much everyone gets pissed off for people playing a game by using what was given to them out of the box

EDIT: So if a perk is a crutch, then technically all perks are crutches in that line of thinking. ninja, the way you described using it with everyone on your team, is a major crutch. perks aren't crutches, they are there to compliment playstyles. people who tube use dangerclose, people who snipe use thermal, though not a perk, it just makes it easier, you have a problem with new players. don't tell people to stop sucking on forums, tell infinity ward to put a better matchmaking in

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    I think I hear the footsteps of them running away from Andy's post. Probably because they're using Commando and not Ninja. D=

That is just like saying "i wouldnt have died if that person didn't use a sniper rifle, or a shotgun, or a riot shield, or a claymore, or a ...." do you see my point there?

You're missing the point. Sniping, using a shotgun, or determining the best times to defend using a riot shield actually require some degree of SKILL and EXPERIENCE. As for being killed by a claymore, I think most people would agree that if you run into a claymore, that's pretty much your own fault. If you get Commando knifed, it could be a 4 year old kid for all you know. It's that much of a crutch. You barely even have to aim. =/

the fact that these are all REPLIES tells me that you started something along the lines of telling them they sucked, and they are right it is just a game.

It is just a game, yes. But, what most people seem to fail to understand is that games are meant to be fun for everyone. When you jump into a game, you aren't going to find it fun to be on the receiving end of a load of ******** all the time. As a new player, I get killed: a lot. It was only recently I've been starting to go positive most matches. However, if I'm sniped, shotgunned or whatever, I generally have no issue with it. It doesn't really take away from the fun I'm having. However, when a jackass and / or bunch of jackasses start running around knifing instead of shooting, I get frustrated. And as I'm sure everyone knows from experience, if you're frustrated, you aren't having fun.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
    look, i think you misinterpreted the inflection behind the way i said that, i meant it as a suggestion to you as a person to try something other than mw2 that i found has less problems with the community, if the problems in mw2 bother you so much. sorry if i offended you =D

KingCharizard

Years
    Ya'll are still not seeing my point. Everything in the game is cheap for instance, OMA + Tubes thats a giving. How about Striker +extended mags spray... or even striker normal spray. Intervention + quick scope. UMP + stopping power... Everything can be used for an easy kill, You cant outlaw one perk and not outlaw the others...

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
    no, charizard, i already agreed with you there, but people like to debate, and quite frankly, on the interweb, you have anonymity, which allows you to be as thickheaded and unmoving in your opinion as you like without making yourself actually look like a dick. i'm guilty, everyone who took part in the commando debate is guilty of it. you and i just happen to agree

KingCharizard

Years
    no, charizard, i already agreed with you there, but people like to debate, and quite frankly, on the interweb, you have anonymity, which allows you to be as thickheaded and unmoving in your opinion as you like without making yourself actually look like a dick. i'm guilty, everyone who took part in the commando debate is guilty of it. you and i just happen to agree

I know, no one wont change their opinion... I know i guilty.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Ya'll are still not seeing my point. Everything in the game is cheap for instance, OMA + Tubes thats a giving. How about Striker +extended mags spray... or even striker normal spray. Intervention + quick scope. UMP + stopping power... Everything can be used for an easy kill, You cant outlaw one perk and not outlaw the others...
    You're not seeing anyone elses point. Intervention + Quick Scope, Striker + EM, UMP + Stopping power all require at least some bit of skill to do. Commando takes none at all. All you have to do is just be within 10 feet of someone and press the stick in. How you can compare the difficulty of that to quick-scoping is beyond me.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
    You're not seeing anyone elses point. Intervention + Quick Scope, Striker + EM, UMP + Stopping power all require at least some bit of skill to do. Commando takes none at all. All you have to do is just be within 10 feet of someone and press the stick in. How you can compare the difficulty of that to quick-scoping is beyond me.

no, i have reprimanded them. so what, people are bad. who the hell are you to reprimand them and insult them? it irritates you? boohoo deal withit. these people are playing mw2 without hacking and yet you treat them with the same scorn. shame on you

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    no, i have reprimanded them. so what, people are bad. who the hell are you to reprimand them and insult them? it irritates you? boohoo deal withit. these people are playing mw2 without hacking and yet you treat them with the same scorn. shame on you
    And who are you to reprimand me? I haven't insulted anybody. Don't like people dissing commando? Then "boohoo deal withit".

I'd rather go against a team of people with wallhacks on than a team of people with commando. Both of which ruin the game. If you guys are happy being mediocre players who need to rely on the cheapest of things to get a kill, then that's on you. Meanwhile, I'll actually play using fair weapons and perks knowing that I deserve my kills and don't need to rely on anything other than my own skill to get them.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
    And who are you to reprimand me? I haven't insulted anybody. Don't like people dissing commando? Then "boohoo deal withit".

I'd rather go against a team of people with wallhacks on than a team of people with commando. Both of which ruin the game. If you guys are happy being mediocre players who need to rely on the cheapest of things to get a kill, then that's on you. Meanwhile, I'll actually play using fair weapons and perks knowing that I deserve my kills and don't need to rely on anything other than my own skill to get them.

ahahaha now you bring out that self righteous bullcrap FAIR WEAPONS? commando is fair and you need to learn that. commando is for close, snipings for far, thats the way it is. oh wait a minnit, he lunged at me from across the SMALL room with a knife, yeah,in reality id do that if i was reloading my gun or something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    ahahaha now you bring out that self righteous bullcrap FAIR WEAPONS? commando is fair and you need to learn that. commando is for close, snipings for far, thats the way it is. oh wait a minnit, he lunged at me from across the SMALL room with a knife, yeah,in reality id do that if i was reloading my gun or something.
    Modern Warfare 2

I'm not even going to try and reason with someone who can't see the difference in skill between sniping and using commando. I really hope you're trolling, because if you're being serious then I worry for you.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
    oh wow impressive use of demotivators, im not arguing that commando doesn't take skill, but its not game breaking and new players need all the "crutches" you can get. if you want a game for pure twitch skill play counter strike, but mw2 keeps everyone able to play relatively well with perks such as commando and ninja

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    You've just proved my point. People like King Charizard and yourself aren't new to the game so why are you using it? It's cheap and skill-less.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
    i never said im using it and if you look back i said i suck, so that would be a valid reason would it not, though i play for pc and imo its way harder.i'm just arguing against the fact that its cheap, which it is not, its the same as any other perk, just geared for newer/bad players, unless of course you abuse it

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    If I died because of a sniper (without thermal) or a shotgun then at least I died by bullet.
    Now a riot shield on the other hand... that doesn't belong in a shooter and is there just to be annoying.

I never start anything. I never start OMA tubing unless they're playing like skilless crappy players (using thermal, OMA tubes, camping, etc). I never send messages unless they're bad, playing like a bunch of scared kids who are scared to die in a game, and so on.
    And here's normally what I say in my messages.
    "How about you grow some balls, get some skill, and stop [camping | using thermal | running around with Commando | spraying off]. Because you're playing like a lifeless skilless loser and you're not getting better at the game... oh right if you had any skill you wouldn't be using that... my bad."

Oh and for people who are on my team, prestiged a few times and end up bottom of the list everytime...
    "[last K/D score]. You're a [Prestige] and you're still taking bottom of the list everytime? Are you really that bad at the game? Why don't you go play Free For All, that way you can learn how to play the game and won't be dragging your team down and you'll only hurt yourself."

That's the messages I send out to them. Every bit of it is the truth... and sometimes the truth hurts. Because if you're 7th prestige and going 7 and 21 game after game after game after game then you need to give it up.... you just suck.
    If you have to use thermal while camping in the back of the map because you're not good enough with a normal sniper then you just suck.
    If you have to Commando because you can't shoot then you just suck.
    I can understand all of that if they're new to the game, didn't prestige or low prestige. But if they're up there (I'd say 3rd prestige or above) then they're just bad at the game.

And when I talk about something being cheap, crappy, a crutch... I've used it. I'm not from a PoV where I'm like "Oh... I've always been above that sort of stuff". I've used Commando... I've used thermal... I've used Marathon, Lightweight, Commando, and the Care Package glitch. I've been in glitched rooms where it was an 18 person FFA match (back when the matchmaking was screwed up). I've used and gotten a kill with every weapon. Used every perk. Despite what you might think... I know what I'm talking about when I send messages to people. I'm not some person who is above this or that where I haven't tried it. If it's as you say... they have the right to play like a skilless crappy player, then I have the right to send them a message telling them they're a skilless crappy player.

EDIT: So if a perk is a crutch, then technically all perks are crutches in that line of thinking. ninja, the way you described using it with everyone on your team, is a major crutch. perks aren't crutches, they are there to compliment playstyles. people who tube use dangerclose, people who snipe use thermal, though not a perk, it just makes it easier, you have a problem with new players. don't tell people to stop sucking on forums, tell infinity ward to put a better matchmaking in
    If using Ninja making it where the enemy doesn't know where I'm at is a crutch then yea I guess I'm using a wheelchair. Sure... lets make it where all perks are crutches because we're able to have no perks in the perk slot. I'm sure glad I got off my crutches by removing all my perks. ^_^

And believe me, I have sent Robby B tons of tweets. His whole "Let me hear feedback" crap. You think complaining does anything (other then make me feel slightly better when I hit the button sending it to him)? Is OMA fixed? Is Tac Inserts fixed (and I'm guessing Tac Insert boosting is ok because it's in the game and they aren't "glitching" they're just placing one down and getting killed right? It's in the game... they're playing like they want to play... right?)? How about the glitches in the game? Host selection? And so on? Tell Infinity Ward you say?.... do you even play the game or did you just randomly come across this thread to be a troll? Because quite frankly... not to sound rude... but I don't think anyone who plays the game is that stupid. Only a few thousand people have complained with a few million complaints to IW about how their game is broken. Only a few thousand vids have been uploaded. But lets stop talking about it on PC and send another Tweet to Robert Bowling and make another post on the IW forums. Maybe this time they'll hear our cries... right?

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
    arcanine, so if someone sucks they need to stop playing? wow thats harsh, play dota you'd fit right in. im 5th prestige and go 2/8 so i should quit that is an incredibly naive and selfish way to think i'm not gonna argue against somethin that dumb anymore

Back