• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2

blaze_the_cat

Entire team is babies!
    Years
    Yes, the AA-12 is terrible.

The second i see someone in a room with one, they fire so much its like a fireworks show.

Of course, you cant escape.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I've been in games before where people would call me out for using the SPAS, telling me I have no skill because I use that shotgun, and here they are camping with the AA12.
    It is good for clearing out rooms, I'll give it that.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    It is good for cleaning out rooms but I runs out of ammo to fast. For the shotgun I use the ranger with the thing that makes it double.

Years
    Dual Rangers arent that bad if you consider it.

They are incredibly powerful, but seeing as each gun has 2 shots, then has to reload, and the fact they are close range so you will be next to the enemy as you reload, they are pretty balanced.

Dual 1887s, what the hell were they thinking. They each have something like 5 shots before they have to reload, and only one shot is really needed to kill.

Dual shotguns are impossible anyway. The recoil would snap your wrists instantly.

The 1887s actually get 7 I think, its crazy.

I think people don't like others using the spas because of its range, I like using it though.

Hoping the new map packs finally get me to play this a bit more again.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Modern Warfare 2 is a fun game.
    (Generic sentence, lol.)

I'm really bad at it, because I have a pretty slow reaction time.
    Most of my games I go ~10 - 13 or so.
    I don't really play to win and level up, I just play for fun.
    I haven't played online since December, because my modem sucks and won't let me connect to XBL, but I play offline system link with my brother.

MW2 is a good game, but MW1 always will be my favorite.
    I don't like how they overcomplicated everything with custom killstreaks.
    A large majority of the glitches in the game came from them, except for the dual 1887's thing.
    MW1 had it down: 3 kills = UAV, 5 kills = airstrike, 7 kills = helicopter.
    Also liked the dogs in WAW.

Sorry I didn't contribute to the ongoing conversation ;D

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    It is good for cleaning out rooms but I runs out of ammo to fast. For the shotgun I use the ranger with the thing that makes it double.
    That's why you need extended mags. That way you got 16 shots and don't have to reload. But if someone is camping with it then you'll see them with Scavenger, because the AA12 only has 16 shots.

I think people don't like others using the spas because of its range, I like using it though.
    It does have crazy range (almost as good as the old 1887s). But I just found it funny that they were pissed at me when they were using the AA12 and camping it out.
    I just wish the SPAS wasn't so inconsistent (it's sooooo good on hardcore).

I don't like how they overcomplicated everything with custom killstreaks.
    A large majority of the glitches in the game came from them, except for the dual 1887's thing.
    MW1 had it down: 3 kills = UAV, 5 kills = airstrike, 7 kills = helicopter.
    I agree with the 3, 5, and 7 killstreaks. Them 3 were good, and they worked. And I never thought about it, but you're right. Some of the glitches and probs came from different killstreaks. The speed Care Package glitch, the Wall Hack glitch, and I'm sure there's more that I can't think of right now.

Anyway, this coming Saturday I'm doing the next PC gaming event (for the 360.... sorry PS3 people, but the maps aren't going to come out anytime soon ;.;). We'll be doing all sorts of crap. Just read the thread (link below), and sign up, and we have loads of... fun... maybe.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=220559

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Aaah, I wish it were on Friday instead. I'll be at work on Saturday until 10 EST. :( Any chance of this still going around until 11? haha.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Aaah, I wish it were on Friday instead. I'll be at work on Saturday until 10 EST. :( Any chance of this still going around until 11? haha.
    It should be. Depends on how many show up, how many stick around, and so on. I'll likely still be on at 11, but as for the event... we'll see (knowing the PC members only 3 will show up, one of them 3 being me).

Don't us Sony lot and PC users get the maps in July? :S
    Didn't you guys get it a month after the 360? If so then I think it'll be around the same again.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    We got new maps. I haven't got them yet.
    This is the second map pack coming out... What the PS3 people have is the "Stimulus Package", what the 360 people are getting (and what the PS3 people get a month after the 360 ones) in a few days is the "Resurgence" map pack. It's two different map packs.
    I find it funny that you want a gaming event about the new maps when you don't even have the Stimulus maps...

Years
    Managed to get two matches in before I had to come off the xbox. (Map pack came out too late and tv shows got in the way)

Carnival is brilliant from what I've played and I've always liked Strike from CoD4 and not much changed there, first chopper gunner in a while.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    The maps came out around 2pm I think. I was planning on downloading them before I left for work (around 7:30am) but low and behold... they didn't come out at 5am like all normal DLC.

I got a few games in before I just had to get off. The people who play the setlist (with just the new maps) are sooooooooooo stupid. I know it's new maps, and I know everyone is trying to get used to them, but they're just so stupid that I had to get off. But it was funny to play on Strike and see who played CoD4 and who didn't (you could tell by the way they were running around on Search).

~ Carnival
    First new map I played on. It was Domination, so I had to play on that satan spawn of a gametype (if you like it, more power to you. I can't stand it). We lost by 3 or 4 points... stupid teammates. I also played CtF, but I got pissed and got off because I couldn't take me being the only one (there might have been one other guy) going after the flag, and my whole team camping our spawn, and still letting the enemy get the flag.
    The map itself is pretty good, but I think there's too much stuff around. Yea I know, it's a carnival, there should be all sorts of stuff. But my prob is it might be too camper friendly *coughstealthclowncough*, and I think it's too dark. Other then that, I think it's a good map. But for me to pass final judgment on it I need to play it a good bit more.

~ Fuel
    The second map I played, and this time it was a TD game (something I'm good at). We won, but not before I got ripped off because I quick scoped a guy in the chest with an Intervention. I can't really say much on the map, because we were spawn trapped most of the time, I didn't have a chance to get out there and move around. I looked at the main map and it looks pretty good. I'd like to get a little time in with my sniper because it looks pretty big and some spots are open.

~ Strike
    It's the third map I played on. This time good old S&D (well... only difference is, back in the CoD4 days I was playing Hardcore Search... oh well). But again due to the team we got beat badly, they didn't play Search so they'd just camp back in the map, or run out in the open and die.
    Also played a TD game on it, and it was fun. But again, we were getting spawn trapped so I couldn't move around and see how much of it was updated. But from what I've seen, it's strange, almost like a new map.

The last two maps are Trailer Park, and Vacant. Both of them I haven't played yet (I don't plan on getting on until later when I can find someone to play the new maps with). I'm not too much of a fan of close quarters due to Commando, or some of the shotguns. But from what I've played of Trailer Park (private match by myself), it looks like it might be pretty hard to give out pinpoint callouts for the map.

Years
    Played a little more earlier and it seems hard to get games on Vacant & Trailer Park.

I got three games on fuel, another couple on Carnival, found a few Strikes (Didn't want to play on strike though so I kept leaving lobbies) and only one trailer park.

Anyway after a few more games my opinions with my slightly flawed rating system;

Carnival -
    Design - 9/10, obviously its a carnival so a lot to work with and it looks a lot better than most CoD maps, brings a little colour too.
    Camping Spots - 2/10, seem to get jumped every three seconds by campers wherever I am.
    Intervention usability - ?/10, Haven't tried it.
    Overall - 11 + ?/30, I don't actually dislike the map but there are a lot of campers and once you're on the backfoot with killstreaks, you lose.

Fuel -
    Design - 8/10, Really like the idea and it reminds me of a battlefield type map. This quality should have been in the original maps.
    Camping Spots - 7/10, quite a few buildings so obviously a lot of camping possible but not much more than in every other map. Besides it has the camping I like, sitting at the back of the map with an Intervention which leads me to..
    Intervention usability - 9/10, not the perfect sniper map but from what I've seen its pretty good.
    Overall - 24/30, a really good map and instantly one of my favourites.

Strike -
    Design - 1/10, as good as a design as it is, I'm going to take all the points off because its just the same thing used twice.
    Camping Spots - 6/10, just the average camping for maps.
    Intervention usability - 6/10, I like sniping on this but preferred it more with an M40 on the original game.
    Overall - 13/30, still a good map but there should really be new ones not old ones.

Trailer Park -
    Design - 9/10, once again good design from this map pack. I love the idea and how tactical it could make it.
    Camping Spots - 3/10, obviously having a bunch of trailers means people are going to sit and wait in them.
    Intervention usability - 3/10, quite close quarters so I didn't do much good with it. Someone better with a bit more patience would do okay though.
    Overall - 15/30, I actually really like this map but this is when my system kicks in. Really fun especially on CTF.

Cant remember much of Vacant from 4 and I haven't a chance to play it on MW2 yet either so I'll leave that out.

I generally like the map pack, all the new maps are brilliant but I still don't like paying extra for what is technically less maps than in previous games, beats stimulus though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    You're going to get campers on every map, regardless of how many spots there are to hide. I've just gotten used to checking the common camp spots and I take campers out all the time, it's just something you've got to do on MW2.

As far as the new maps go, I'm fairly happy with all of them. I love Carnival, just because it's so different looking. Fuel is also really good, I'm a fan of bigger maps because I find that I'll get noob tubed less, and run into people with death streaks a lot less. Strike was one of my favorite CoD4 maps and I have to say I liked the way it looked on CoD4 a lot more. In CoD4 you actually felt as if you were in a desert town, but they made it so yellow looking in MW2 that it takes away the desert feeling altogether. Trailer park is alright, a bit small for my tastes, but I can tolerate it. It was the first map I played on of the new maps, and I went 50-5 on Domination on it (which is a gametype I never). Vacant is a lot better in MW2 than it was in CoD4, imo. I like the new brighter scheme that they gave it, which kinda makes it easier to spot enemies. It was also one of my more favorite maps on CoD4.

I really wish they would just integrate all the maps into the normal playlists on the day they're released rather than the day after. I can't stand playing Demolition, Domination, Sabotage, etc. when I never would play them otherwise. I've also found that there are a lot more noob tubers on objective gametypes, which I learned from playing today. I had a match on Strike where I think I was about 40-20 before I left, and literally almost EVERY death I had came from noob tubers who were shooting them at the bomb sites from far away rather then playing the right way and defending them using actual bullets. It's just so obnoxious, unskillful, and most of all annoying.

All in all I found this to be a lot better of a map pack than the first. I will say I liked the CoD4 maps in the first one better, though.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Carnival can be really distracting but I really really love that map. So much you can do on it. I love this map pack.

piemeup

Pokemon FAQ Master
    Years
    Call of Duty Rage

Hello everyone who reads this, I made this forum to see if anyone alse gets "CoD Rage" Iv bin playing CoD Modernwarfare 2 Online for some time now and it is still making me angry, Yesterday I download the new Resergen map pack and I was doing alright but today it just made me angry.

Since this is a CoD Rage type thread id like to tell you how much CoD Rage my friend gets. He's broken 5 CoD's thrown 2 out of his top story window, and smashed the other 3. He has also broken 2 xbox's one out the window and the other with a sludge hammer...

I think these are some reason why people like you and me get CoD Rage...
    1. 2 Second Lives
    2. Over powered kill streaks (AC130)
    3. Campers
    And the list goes on. I would like to hear from you guys at the Pokecommunity and your oppinion on it.

-Pie.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I get mad at the game at times, but I don't have enough money to throw around to be breaking my discs everytime I get ticked.

Back