• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 3

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Aiii why are you unhappy? :(
    2:00 in, XM25... grenade launcher secondary returns. And at 2:13 it looks like it blows up in mid air (that wall behind him doesn't look high enough to catch the tube). Not sure if it's a good or bad thing (good thing because you can take out campers in high spots with nothing behind them. Bad if someone doesn't know how to use a tube that good and they can just make it blow up anytime they want... with or without a wall).

2:41 We have some little drone thing that goes around shooting. I hated the RC car in Black Ops. This one does look slower, but I sill don't like the idea, more so if it's automated.

3:05 Heartbeat sensor returns. My prob with an HBS isn't the fact that they can see me (because I ran with Ninja, it wouldn't pick me up), but that I got killed so many times due to them picking up a teammate and I die due to that.

3:08 Riot shields return to multiplayer (really really big mistake).

And it just doesn't look as good as the past multiplayer reveal trailers. I guess if I looked at this trailer in more detail I might find more things I dislike.

And here's a few vids. It's of Sark, Hutch, and SeaNanners. It has language so you have been warned.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNr-8YaEN0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19UtjsZMAmw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16enYfWRq7c

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    No they did confirm no death streaks. I think somebody made a video of it. Or maybe I read the tweet. But those are false. <_< Please stop denying it.

now that we have had the CODXP showing of multiplayer

wanna bet that there are no deathstreaks

90% of what was said in tat was true
    infact the only things i found wrong were that dead mans hand was 8 (and it actually is 5) and that UAV is allowed in assault streaks too

aren't i glad i didn't **** up that one :)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUIy9snIk-E

Yet another sigh...
    I wanted this game to be good, I really did. CoD is my fav shooter series, it's the series I put the most time into, I'm good at the series... But 5 seconds into the vid all I did was sigh.
    0:05 Dual wield is back... awesome.... skilless spraying is back. <3

0:33 YAY for the ever ever broken knife system. I can't believe I got my hopes up when Robby B (or it might have been someone else from IW) said "Well we're tweaking the melee". It crossed my mind that enough good players complained about the broken knife system and maybe... just maybe they were going to put in a weapon melee system. But nooooo that's too much like Halo.

1:04 We saw it in the last vid... but I for the life of me can't understand why anyone thinks it's a good idea to have a riot shield in a shooter. We had people in this thread (or the MW2 thread) that just loved them, hell they might even be on this page. They are nothing more then a thorn in the side of players. If FMJ worked on them (maybe they take half the normal damage when they use a riot shield) then I wouldn't have a prob with them in the game. But as it is now I have to take the time to kill that little prick using that damn thing, and there's a chance I will die by someone else because I have to deal with that.

I said it a few times... but I would be fine with MW3 being just like MW2 as long as the BS is removed. OMA Tubes, dual wield, riot shields, broken knives, Last Stand/Second Chance, death streaks, thermal, flack jacket (I know it wasn't in MW2... but it looks to be in MW3 and I think it promotes camping), and a few other things. Someone right now reading this post is thinking "Oh you're just trying to take the fun out of CoD!!!!111". You ask the players who've played CoD for years and years and most will say CoD4 was the best (look at the YouTube commentators, most of the big ones will say CoD4). It didn't have all the stuff the new games have, but yet it's counted as the best.

I'll be getting MW3, but by the looks of it... it's going to be yet another let down (I also expected too much from Sledgehammer).

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    ^last stand/second chance was removed

final stand is back in there though :/
    which is almost worse xD

overall though
    i will say i wish what Robby B said was true....heck...I wish my list was wrong...I wish there were no deathsstreaks
    but as it is
    MW3 with deathstreaks dual wield riot shield and BS knifinf
    is still better than hit detection...dashboarders...ghost *****es and blopshots in blackk ops
    hell i dont even see much of the tube in MW2 cos i play TDM express...the worst i see is commandoooooooooooooooooooo

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    After seeing the videos of this game I have actually canceled my pre order. To me the game just looks like MW2 all over again and it got boring very fast. I have very much gone off the newer call of duty games. The only part of Black ops I still play is zombie mode with friends because its fun. MW2 I don't even touch and as MW3 looks pretty much the exact same as how MW2 was. It just doesn't do it for me. I will probably wait till its cheaper and get it for story mode.

Years
    After seeing the videos of this game I have actually canceled my pre order. To me the game just looks like MW2 all over again and it got boring very fast. I have very much gone off the newer call of duty games. The only part of Black ops I still play is zombie mode with friends because its fun. MW2 I don't even touch and as MW3 looks pretty much the exact same as how MW2 was. It just doesn't do it for me. I will probably wait till its cheaper and get it for story mode.

You aren't the only one, from what I've heard. Plenty of other people I know that Pre-order cancelled for that reason, it's a clone basically. Not a way to end a franchise like this. :/

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

You aren't the only one, from what I've heard. Plenty of other people I know that Pre-order cancelled for that reason, it's a clone basically. Not a way to end a franchise like this. :/

All the previous CoD's were pretty much clones as well, with updated gameplay. This one's really no different. I'm honestly not sure what people expected in the graphics of this game. MW2 looked great, no reason to try and change that with MW3. I'm not even sure if they could if they wanted to keep that crisp 60fps that people love. People seem to think it's making the developers look lazy, I'm seeing it more as them wanting to focus on another aspect of the game, that being gameplay and trying to fix the errors of the previous game.

I suppose I'm just a CoD nerd though. I'll still be buying my Hardened Edition of the game. I love that feeling of playing a new CoD on the release night until the sun rises the next day. :P

Also, the franchise is in no way ending. Modern Warfare may be coming to a close, but in no way is Call of Duty ending anytime soon haha.

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    All the previous CoD's were pretty much clones as well, with updated gameplay. This one's really no different. I'm honestly not sure what people expected in the graphics of this game. MW2 looked great, no reason to try and change that with MW3. I'm not even sure if they could if they wanted to keep that crisp 60fps that people love. People seem to think it's making the developers look lazy, I'm seeing it more as them wanting to focus on another aspect of the game, that being gameplay and trying to fix the errors of the previous game.

I suppose I'm just a CoD nerd though. I'll still be buying my Hardened Edition of the game. I love that feeling of playing a new CoD on the release night until the sun rises the next day. :P

Also, the franchise is in no way ending. Modern Warfare may be coming to a close, but in no way is Call of Duty ending anytime soon haha.

The second a CoD game gets a mixed review activision will close it down
    Like they did GH
    One mixed review game...BAM it was gone

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    The second a CoD game gets a mixed review activision will close it down
    Like they did GH
    One mixed review game...BAM it was gone
    You're funny if you think Activision will drop CoD like that. Do you know how much money they make from the CoD series? The Guitar Hero franchise looks like it made around two billion dollars in five years across many different games. Modern Warfare 2 broke a billion within two months after launch, and Black Ops broke the billion mark in six weeks. They could make "Call of Duty: The United States Revolutionary War" and people would eat it up.

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    You're funny if you think Activision will drop CoD like that. Do you know how much money they make from the CoD series? The Guitar Hero franchise looks like it made around two billion dollars in five years across many different games. Modern Warfare 2 broke a billion within two months after launch, and Black Ops broke the billion mark in six weeks. They could make "Call of Duty: The United States Revolutionary War" and people would eat it up.

course they'd eat it up xD
    looking back yes
    i was wrong
    not like i'm a perfect being
    no
    i will admit i got that statement wrong XD
    good point arcanine (****ing black ops beating MW2 -_-)

Back