• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modified Ubers Tournament [WON BY: 5qwerty]

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
  • HGQ4tdB.png

Hi. This is a standard ORAS Ubers tournament... with a twist:
    • Red Orb is banned
    • Blue Orb is banned
    • Power Herb is banned
    • Salamencite is banned
    Rules
    • Single elimination
    • Best of three
    • Post replays in your win / loss post
    • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR TEAMS VIA PM - this lets me check that your team is valid
    Clauses
    • Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned.
    • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
    • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
    • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
    • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
    • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, they lose.
    • Moody Clause: The ability Moody is banned from play.
    • Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting. For example, a Slowbro holding a Leppa Berry can create an endless battle using the moves Recycle, Heal Pulse, Slack Off, and Block. To do so, Slowbro traps one of the opponent's Pokemon, PP stalls it, and heals Struggle damage indefinitely using Heal Pulse and Slack Off.
    • Mega Rayquaza Clause: Rayquaza is not permitted to Mega Evolve.

To join, post "in". Sign-ups close at 16:00 GMT +10 on 9 September.

Please complete battles by the deadline I set, otherwise I will be very
    angry_80_anim_gif.gif
    !!!

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I would need to make a new Ubers team since my current one uses 3 of those lol but hey I need an excuse to start playing Ubers again soooooo in

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I join.

No idea how Ubers works.

Aurora

Years
  • We have eight sign-ups now, so sign-ups are closed. Pairings will be up shortly.

ROUND 1
    PelipperZachary v. Noa
    Nah v. Kostas
    J. star v. Volpe Artica
    ddrox13 v. 5qwerty

Deadline: 17 September 15:00 (GMT +10)

Last edited:

Aurora

Years
  • Can I join???

Unfortunately not; the tournament is already well in progress. Maybe next time!

Activity call
    J. star made no effort to respond to Volpe Artica's attempt to schedule. The activity win is awarded to Volpe Artica.

Everyone else: thanks for getting your battles done on time. Entertaining to watch.

ROUND 2
    Nah v. 5qwerty
    Pelipper_Zachary v. Volpe Artica

Deadline: 24 September 15:00 (GMT +10)

Last edited:

Aurora

Years
  • Wow! That was quick.

FINALS
    Volpe Artica v. 5qwerty

Deadline: just get it done