• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modular Style hooks

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Looks great Jake, just a few things though. I do like what you've done with the header, and especially what you've done with the user notifications. Though I notice that rep can be seen, what's happened there? There also seems to be a lack of padding between the post reply button and the section description.

I'd definitely be interested in some hooks to help create a style the way you've done this, notably the heading links. The way you've wrapped the body and the header is pretty sweet too.

Edit: Also upon posting this I notice the padding amongst the links on the top just disappeared. And so everything looks kind of messed up.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    This really looks fantastic so far. I wish I had some kind of graphical talent to help out but sadly I don't have any. ;-; I'm pretty excited about it though, and definitely looking forward to when it's released.

/watches thread

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • Hello, Hiroshi Sotomura!

I don't believe we have gotten to talk yet, but here goes! /offtopic

I like this a lot! I really like the top header with the notifications and the new pop-up menu by clicking on your user name! I also really like the 'Who's Online' part of it on the side of the index page! There's a few things here and there that are missing though. Like Abnegation said, the padding on the 'Post Reply' isn't there and another major thing, on the profiles that have the blank Youtube area for empty space (like mine), the blank space has disappeared. But overall, very impressive and promising!:)

And to Vrai, I think it is released now becuase you can find it in the 'Style Switcher' at the bottom of the page. I'm not sure that if this is released is true, but it might.:)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    And to Vrai, I think it is released now becuase you can find it in the 'Style Switcher' at the bottom of the page. I'm not sure that if this is released is true, but it might.:)
    By "released" I meant completed more or less entirely. It is nice but I'm pretty sure it's nowhere near finished. ;-;

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    He's not looking for compliments or critiques, guys. He just wants some suggestions on things to add because he's innovative like that...

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Perhaps add hooks for things like the various drop down menus in vB? Maybe the ability to add them alongside the usual js menus like the notification dropdown.

My thought is, if we're allowing possible ways for the USER to be able to customize certain things, or pick from various color flavors of one theme...a dropdown might actually be cool. We definitely wouldn't want to bury the option to customize colors in the options for skins that have such abilities coded into them.

Siimo

Rawr.
    Years
  • Perhaps add hooks for things like the various drop down menus in vB? Maybe the ability to add them alongside the usual js menus like the notification dropdown.

My thought is, if we're allowing possible ways for the USER to be able to customize certain things, or pick from various color flavors of one theme...a dropdown might actually be cool. We definitely wouldn't want to bury the option to customize colors in the options for skins that have such abilities coded into them.

Yeah but customizable in a way that would allow the user to place certain links of the Forum that they visit most i.e. a trade thread or popular thread, that will notify the user every time the thread has a new post.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I don't really know if this is the reply thread for the theme as well as the general development, but I like the theme as is honestly (As in, the default with the nice modifications you've done to it). The only things I think need changing are the online members is still present at the bottom, and the header is too spacious imo. If the header size were dropped and everything else remained the same I'd have a new default. D: Though I'm sure the default 3.8 theme isn't popular enough for many people to agree, so I can't expect it to stay this way. :(

Back