• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moments that are sentimental to you regarding Pokemons

Sheruda Kachinuki

Go and escape(^^)
Years
  • > Pokemon, which started since 1995, takes a ''role play'' in my life. It nearly changes my life, I've learned the lesson for the survival and strategies, and even get into troubles.

> So, for you, is there a sentimental or unforgettable moments that happened to you regarding Pokemon? (games, comic, and everything)

> Happy posting everyone!

*gives a Thank Badge*

Last edited:

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Uhh, when I was little, my parents bought me this game for my birthday : Pokémon Yellow :3
    Anyways, I always got stuck in Viridian Forest. And after a few weeks playing (and having a lvl. 46 Pikachu since I didn't knew you could 'run' from wild pokémon), I dumped the game somewhere in my closet.

And then, when I turned 10, I dug the game back up and I finally found the way trough Viridian Forest Ö
    I was overjoyed! I ran around the house, jumped on top of my bed , etc..

Offcourse, I restarted it later because having only one Pikachu at lvl 46.. It just wasn't fun. xD

Terri

Whatever floats your boat
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    When i saw latias 4 for the first time 4 years ago in the pokemon heroes movie, it was like love at first sight, though not exactly the same, but looking at latias still makes me smile even now, cutest pokemon ever!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Uhh, when I was little, my parents bought me this game for my birthday : Pokémon Yellow :3
    Anyways, I always got stuck in Viridian Forest. And after a few weeks playing (and having a lvl. 46 Pikachu since I didn't knew you could 'run' from wild pokémon), I dumped the game somewhere in my closet.

And then, when I turned 10, I dug the game back up and I finally found the way trough Viridian Forest Ö
    I was overjoyed! I ran around the house, jumped on top of my bed , etc..

Offcourse, I restarted it later because having only one Pikachu at lvl 46.. It just wasn't fun. xD
    Same here, I didn't know how to run from a wild Pokémon on Pokémon Red when I was little. I just thought it was just like this: FIGHT PKMN, ITEM RUN. :\
    And that's how my Pokémon got to Lv.100 while I was playing.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Same here, I didn't know how to run from a wild Pokémon on Pokémon Red when I was little. I just thought it was just like this: FIGHT PKMN, ITEM RUN. :\
    And that's how my Pokémon got to Lv.100 while I was playing.

You can't be serious? It should've took you a fair bit of time to get to lv. 100. Especially when there's only lv.2-5 pokemon around at Viridian Forest.

When I got my Pokemon Blue version, I was so overwhelmed. But I couldn't even beat the first gym. I tried and tried (that time I didn't know you needed to trian your pokemon XD) But finally I beat the gym. Yay ^^

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
  • I'm still terrified of Blue and Red music because of my early [I was...about 7 at the time] experience with Missingno. XD Seriously, it scares me.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    There are only a few moments that make me think back, smile and wish I that young again. A few hours ago, for instance, I was walking through a park that I'm not too far away from and an event that I had long forgotten about was suddenly remember as I passed a wall. You see, about six or seven years ago, I used to go on walks with my friends around the park in question and one day, my friend tricked me into believing that Pokémon lived in the park. But why did the wall kick my memories back into place? Well, when I was younger, I was pretty small, and I couldn't reach the top of the wall with my hands, so my friend took advantage of this fact by telling me that a Raichu lived on the other side of that wall. Yep, those were the days.

I always suffer from nastalgia when it's the anniversary of a game's release, so I'll probably be crying this month on the twenty-seventh, because that's when Diamond and Pearl were released in Europe. Yeah, that's pretty much it. Sometimes I'll stumble upon a really old thread here that talks about the upcoming games, Firered and leafgreen or whatever, and I just smile when I remember what I was doing while I anticipated the release of the two games. Other than that, there aren't that many sentimental moments regarding Pokémon, for me.

Neosplash

|♜|♞|♝|♛|♚|♝| ♞|♜|
    Years
  • When I got my first copy of Pokemon blue. I had a level 6-8 Charmander. Somebody tricked me into linking up, and trading it for a Magicarp. ;____;
    The first thing I learned was that magicarp was crap... and not until later did I learn that you can buy one for about 200 (Poke money >_>).

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • When I completed my PokeDex in Pokemon Red back in 2001. I still remember it vividly. But I often find myself hiking in the Cascade Mountains and suddenly have a flashback to Johto for some reason. I think I've got Mt. Rainier and Mt. Mortar linked in my head.

wrath_banshee

Your Nightmare
    Years
  • For me... the day my bro's GF gave me a Pokemon Pearl. And the time that I had my very first Pokemon poster given by my enemy. I'm happy cause I know more about Pokemons, thanks.

+ Poke'mon Intelligence Unit *

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Sep 20, 2008
    When I was 5... Picking up my 1st Game Boy Color.. and a 108 in one game pack with Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow... Oh god the memories make me happy... Also watching the original series brightens my day too. Pokemon was the 1st game that I ever played... It will always have a place in my heart lol :P When I was 3 I took my cousins gameboy and started playing his pokemon red... I can still remember my mom going "What?! He can read?!" Haha...

Gengarchomp

n00bier than you
    Years
  • Pokemon Yellow was my first video game. I also managed to complete the Pokedex, including Mew (some guy at summer camp cloned his and gave it to me). Then I lost it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    On Pokemon Yellow I speant god knows how many weeks trying to beat brock. And it didnt get boring lol. When I eventualy did beat him I was so amazingly happy.
    That game must have took me months to complete ( Iwas about 7).
    I wish I speant as long trying to complete pearl as I would have enjoyed the extended gameplay.
    Now its just breed for perfection that and EV train this lol

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Oh, goodness... where to begin, lol

I was 10 when I got Red version for Christmas (and my little brother got Blue), so I began my 'quest' at the same age Ash did. :3

I remember my first level 100 Pokemon... a Charizard... but then someone got ahold of my game and reset it. TT^TT

Every other generation me and my brother each got one version, as well. I got Gold, Sapphire, Fire Red, and Diamond; he got Silver, Ruby, Leaf Green, and Pearl.

Pokemon Stadium was our first console game, as my parents only let us have Game Boys until my aunt bought us an N64 with Pokemon Stadium. Seeing my little Game Boy Pokemon in 3D was the coolest thing ever. Now, if only I could afford a TV set and a Wii so I can see my Diamond Pokemon on the big screen... :[

Me and my little brother made up elaborate adventures with our stuffed Pikachus and all their friends from around the time when they were first releasing info on the 2nd gen to around the time the 3rd gen was coming out before he decided he was too old to play pretend with his big sister. Now I've gone off to college and I'm still not too old, lol.

I remember seeing the first 3 movies in the theaters. I'm a big crybaby when it comes to movies, even now. When I saw the part in the first movie where Ash jumped into the crossfire and was turned to stone, I cried my eyes out (especially since I had a big crush on him then, lol). I hated Mewtwo then, as well as the little boys in back of me in the theater who were laughing at that part. Now it's all just a silly memory, and I think Mewtwo is one of the coolest Pokemon because it has such a neat backstory.

I've got a lot more, but if I really took the time to write all of the sentimental moments I've had with Pokemon, this post wouldn't end. :3

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    My cousin and I had always had pokemon cards
    it was our thing, then he moved away and we barely talk, but Ill always remember the afternoons we spent trading cards :)

milovan93

xxMVPxx
    Years
  • Reading these brought a tear to my eye.

Im not ashamed to admit it. But the moment that i decided to get back into pokemon. Even though im " too old" and its "for kids" was when i remembered the first time i sawokemon the 1st movie i must have been about 7 but i remember everything about it. The music, everything about it. I have a tears in my eyes as iright this. i am so looking forward to buy pokemon cards again.

Years
  • When ever i watch pokemon on Dvd (i brought the 1st 6 of those super wallets When is the next one coming out i wonder but back on topic) they still make me smile no matter what episode i watch becaue i can always rember something different for example the episode where MIsty thinks her Psyduck evolves makes me think of my Aunt who moved to america (she loves golduck) so that alwas makes me simle

Back