• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Money falling from the skies! - Wings

Years
    So every now and then you get a generation with an easy way to get money.
    BUT if this is not the EASIEST way then I dont know haha.

Reasons why Wings are awesome.

1. To get them, you only have to walk and wait till they fall off the sky.
    2. They raise stats and there is NO limit as with minerals.
    3. They are being sold for 1500 pokebucks!
    4. Kinda look cool, nah?

Money falling from the skies!  - Wings

So what did you do with them? Collect them? Use them for stats raising, money?

I personally just started collecting them and I have no idea what im using them for, but I do see a potential source of looooads of money! :D

Money falling from the skies!  - Wings

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Primarily to boost EVS and why you would sold such a thing XD

Years
    ...Okay, as much of a fan of Generation V as I am, this is LITERALLY my first time finding out they're supposed to be good for selling, or that they're even that good for it at all.

But I tend to use them if certain Pokémon of mine have those couple stat points I want to give them extras of.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I use them all to boost stats and sell all the HP ones. I wanted a special-based Serperior and that made it super easy for me to get the perfect stats.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Ahh wings, when playing through BW1 and the patrat and lilpup EV farming routes of the early game weren't enough to get that perfect 252 EV on attack from the earliest time possible.

The wings were one of my favorite distractions in Unova and i'm glad that it carried on in BW2. BW2 is a little messy when it came to some EV training hotspots especially for higher levele'd mons such as our in-game Terrakion, which i sadly cannot use for some competitive battles since its the wrong nature that i didn't bother SRing hard for (Brave which means it loses its best stat in the Speed tier).

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I remember when I used to collect Wings at some point, usually for the purpose of EV boosting. However, I would sold it if it turns out to be Pretty Wing, because it's pretty useless for me to use anyway.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    :pink_disbelief: I can't believe I didn't realize this. Wow. I only used them when I was bothered enough to care about getting stats right.

Years
    ...I had no idea that they had any kind of use. I never went out of my way to get them and the few I did happen to get usually ended up sitting in my bag doing nothing.

Whoops.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
    While I was aware of the fact that they could be used to boost stats, I actually never even thought about selling wings before now; I simply used them on my Pokemon for funsies just to get rid of them, and assumed they wouldn't be worth much when sold since they were common finds. And other times, I'd just outright dodge them on the bridge to avoid encountering wild Ducklett instead. I almost always had a small surplus of money to spend on goods (mostly Hyper Potions for the Pokemon League), but the realization that these were also decent for making money might be something to remember if I ever decide to play B/W again... omai.

Years
    I never used the wings that much, especially given there were those special people you could sell certain items for high prices (such as that ore guy in Icirrus City or the lady in the caravan on Route 5) but I did sometimes use the wings for stat-boosting. Pretty Wings are still quite useless though.

Sirfetch’d

I only ever used them for boosting stats as well haha. I honestly did not know that they could be sold for so much :o Maybe I'll try this next time I play BW!

Years
    I started to kind of collect them at various points across play throughs, but then got bored and gave up haha. I did enjoy the concept of free stats/money though! I never really felt the need to generate money a lot of the time though! And if I did it was easier to go to Nimbasa and battle trainers for money and exp. So while I liked the wings feature it wasn't anything incredible to me haha.

Back