• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Money well spent.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    How much money, if any, do you spend on a typical day? What is it that you usually spend it on? If you can't give an exact amount, a range would be nice as well! A range more specific than "between 0 and $1,000."

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • This is an incredibly difficult question, because one day I might be buying an expensive item of clothing or a video game, and the next I might not spend anything at all.

On average I'd probably say about £10-£15. Even if I'm not buying anything expensive, I somehow manage to spend a small amount of money on something, like a snack or a can of coke.

Z_Z

Zzz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2012
    I make a lot and spend a lot.

Not really interested in buying things. I don't have many possessions. But I spend a lot on good food, rent in an expensive area, good car, travel very frequently

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't spend nearly any money at all. Maybe 20 bucks a week, tops. I have a meal plan on campus so no need to pay for food, I live on campus so no need to pay for housing, etc.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Really hard question.

Most days, zero! I don't spend money often. Even for food, I don't eat. If I'm in a spending mood, I'll probably spend a dollar or two at best. But most of the times, I save up for something.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
    Years
  • I spend at least $8.50 a day for food and for taking the bus. (Don't have driver license yet...)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I spend money on my rent, electricity, water, heating, etc.. so I need to take all of that into account.. on top of groceries, household products, and misc stuff.. so I guess if I divide that up monthly it will come to about.. 35-40 pounds per day. Not including rent and utilities it is probably about 8 pounds a day when I factor in food, travel, and misc things for the house. I rarely go out shopping for myself but I like to make sure my home is comfortable and I am eating well, but I am factoring in some spending money in this amount. (I like to keep on top of where all my money is going and my finances.)

Years
  • Day-to-day, $0.00 if I can help it. I don't like spending money. If I'm out for a day of enjoying myself and not worrying about my savings it might be something more like $40-100. That's like once or twice a month maybe.

But then there are the days I have to pay for rent and all those other monthly things and that's like $900+

Years
  • Not counting the bills? Somewhere between $5-$20 if I feel like buying some food. Otherwise I try not to spend money. Try being the key word there... lately I haven't been very good. -_-;

Counting the bills, the largest amount that goes out at once is probably $680 for rent. Other bills stagger out but usually aren't more than $100.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • On a typical day...not much, though it depends on the day. I usually eat lunch at my boyfriend's place unless he is in class when I get out. Then I have to go somewhere to eat, but I usually eat under $7. Gas is annoying though and my commute is longer than it was the past two years, so I usually end up spending my whole paycheck on gas, which is just around $50-60. I only work Sundays, lol. But majority of the time, I can usually get by without having to spend any money, unless it's a go out and eat day or a gas buying day.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • On days that I work, I spend less than $10. On days off when I go out, I spend anywhere from $20 to $200... depending on if I see something I want, if I need gas etc.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • What extra cash I have, I usually spend it on food [junk food that is - soda, fast food places] - assuming bills are paid, car payment sent early, and I have done my online shopping (3 flags every month), and no medical bills either.

About $10 every 3 or 4 days a week

Years
  • For the next year or so, I hope that I can keep that number as low to $0 as possible. Even when I do have a lot of money on me, I really don't like to spend it at all, and I think in the last two years I would have spent about $500 on myself, if that.

It's not that I don't want to buy things, but growing up my dad would always spend his money wisely, and that trait must have gotten inherited by me, as I always think about the cost vs. benefit of things.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Usually...around $5. More if you count bills or gas and stuff. But when I feel like buying lunch for myself at school, I end up spending $5 sometimes up to $7. I'm so cheap lol.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    I'm honestly so flipping stingy with my money that I typically avoid spending more than I absolutely have to. On a typical day, ideally, I want to spend less than five or ten bucks, but even then spending that much day-to-day is a bit too much for me, so I tend to save my money when I can. x_x

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Most days I spend nothing at all. Right now, I don't get the money, nor do I live in an area where I can go out every day and buy something. I'm usually limited to when the rest of my family goes to the nearest town, which is usually only once or twice a week. And even there I spend little because there isn't really much there. Usually I'll only buy what I absolutely need.

I go through cycles where I'll spend as little money as possible for awhile, but then something like an anime convention comes up or I spot something I want on eBay and I'll spend large amounts all at once, enough to offset my frugality/penny-pinching up to that point.

Back