• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Money~!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Sooo. Money. Did you notice how you can get rich preeetty quickly on these games? I mean, even if you ran out of money in these games, it seemed like you can gain it significantly quicker than the other pokemon games, like, you could battle in the Battle Chateau, work at the hotel, and battle restaurants for money.

Money~!

Not to mention that there was quite the number of trainers that was part of the nobility, or just significantly rich trainers around Kalos that you coulda gotten a lot of battle victory cash from them too. Ah, but the point o this thread is discussion from this! What do you think about gaining easy money in these games? What method did you commonly use? Have you ever actually run out of money in the games?

Annnnd as always! Feel free to share any other thoughts. :3

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I remember when I made a thread like this a few months ago.

I have over 8,000,000 Poké Dollars, and over 900 of items like Full Heals, Max Potions, Max Repels and Poké Balls. In addition, I have every TM that is purchasable with money.

I haven't had to buy anything from a Poké Mart (except Vitamins) for a while, and I haven't actually gone below 8 million since I got it yet, even through loads of breeding.

You might be wondering how I get all this money... Hacks? Nope. I did it at the Restaurant Le Wow. Here's how:

With Happy Hour plus Amulet Coin plus Prize Money Power Lvl 3, the first two battles give you $120,000 each, and the last 3 give you $49,000 each. And then you have the Balm Mushrooms that you earn - they're worth about 6,000 each, and if you do the restaurant perfectly each time you earn 25 of those. 25x6000=150,000, so that's on top of the money you're earning.

Add this all together (don't forget the 90,000 entry fee) and we get 120,000+120,00+50,000+50,000+50,000+150,000-90,000 = 450,000 Poké Dollars per restaurant cycle - almost half a million at a time.

Anyway, I wish earning money in ORAS was as easy as X/Y. It's actually really annoying how hard it is to get any worthwhile amount of money in ORAS.

Years
    I never ran out of money here, but I noticed that even the regular trainers give surprisingly high amounts. Some people have suspected that the reason you get a lot of money is so you can get clothing to customize with easier. I would often use the restaurants and sometimes the Elite Four with max Prize Money Power.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2015
    On one hand I think it's cool that you can earn so much.....on the other I think it makes the game a whoooole lot easier (maybe too easy?) when you don't have to scrimp for money....I remember when I first got into the boutique in Lumiose and saw that 300,000 dress/coat thingy and I was like are they out of their minds that's so expensive!! after doing a few rounds of the restaurants though, that was chump change lol and it definitely makes being able to send infinite Eeveelutions out into WT a lot of fun :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    On one hand I think it's cool that you can earn so much.....on the other I think it makes the game a whoooole lot easier (maybe too easy?) when you don't have to scrimp for money....I remember when I first got into the boutique in Lumiose and saw that 300,000 dress/coat thingy and I was like are they out of their minds that's so expensive!! after doing a few rounds of the restaurants though, that was chump change lol and it definitely makes being able to send infinite Eeveelutions out into WT a lot of fun :)
    Well I think I need a way to earn money post game, considering i'm putting the daycare couple's grandkids through college at this point.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Well I think I need a way to earn money post game, considering i'm putting the daycare couple's grandkids through college at this point.

+inifnity to this

My favorite way is the Battle Chateau, though. Plus those Furisode girls with the Audino make bank in the exp department.

Another fave is just going over the Elite Four with level 100 Pokemon holding Amulet Coins. Each of the members cough up at least 20k after every battle that way, and the ending scene is easy to speed through, so it never feels tedious. With all the Full Restores, Revives, and different Poke Balls I need all the time, it's definitely worth the time and trouble to rack up some loot on this game.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Money~!

Playing ORAS has made me realize how much I miss the easy cash in X/Y. My wallet is steadily losing money (them Day Care fees) and there's no good way to replenish it in ORAS. In X/Y I could just go to Restaurant Le Wow, kick ass, and sell those shrooms for a couple hundred thousand $$$.....that almost sounds like I'm a drug dealer.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Money~!

Playing ORAS has made me realize how much I miss the easy cash in X/Y. My wallet is steadily losing money (them Day Care fees) and there's no good way to replenish it in ORAS. In X/Y I could just go to Restaurant Le Wow, kick ass, and sell those shrooms for a couple hundred thousand $$$.....that almost sounds like I'm a drug dealer.
    Haven't tried it myself yet, currently breeding off the friend safari in x/y before I trade over to R/S, but I heard of amulet coin/ prize money o power rematches with elite four being over 100k, which should at least enough to cover day care for most reasonable breeding fees for a few days.

Years
    Well, ORAS does have a few opponents that do give a sizable amount of money, like the Rich Boys/Ladies, Gentlemen, and Ace Trainers, even though they're not as effective as what XY has to offer they're still there. But I will agree, XY had that more cut out for it and easier to handle.

Years
    It's really easy to accumulate money in X and Y that it's almost boring, but at least we get rich very quickly.

Years
    It's just amazing how you can earn money so quickly in this game, and from many different trainers as well like Restaurant Le Wow and the Battle Chateau, and even the Elite Four + Diantha to a lesser extent.

And if you finish the Looker missions, there's also rematches against Emma (as Essentia) on certain days and she gives out a ton of money when defeated. Sticking an Amulet Coin on something when you fight her can get you rich quickly. My fave method however, is the Battle Chateau which has both rich trainers and those trainers with the Audinos for huge EXP gain.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I personally think gaining money in X and Y is pretty easy, thanks to making battles in Battle Chateau. It's still one of my favorite methods to gain the money so far. Besides of that, occasionally I work at the hotel for some extra cash.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I've had this game shorter than ORAS, yet I have much more money than in ORAS (Thank you, Battle Chateau).
    Learned some other ways to get money from this thread as well...

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    Easy Money

The most important part of pokemon is pokemon itself, you can't go anywhere without having them, the second most important part is money and we all like to have loads of money. If you struggle to gain lots of money, whether its buying lots of poke balls, potions, repels or spending alot of money getting some mega-stones, i've got a tip for you lot

The restaurants in Lumiose City is the best place to go, whether your pokemon have low levels or you just want to gain abit more money, then spend some at these restaurants and you will sure make some money out of them

For example:
    Restaurant Le Wow (Which is located at Hibernal Avenue, North Boulevard) I only had £480,000 (I know its not pounds) and each entry is £100,000 and you get 5 battles whether it be a double battle, triple or rotation, and at the end the prize money was about £36,000 roughly but I bet your thinking what about the other £70,000 well at the end depending on how well you do, you also get items, in this restaurant you get Balm Mushrooms, well I had 6 battles in total and costing £600,000 (that's including prize money from battles) and i received 126 Balm Mushrooms and I sold them at the nearest poke mart and I received £787,500, a profit of £187,500

If you haven't got that much the other restaurants will be about the same, you spend money to battle, receive prize money and sell the items you get aswell but make sure you save first before you battle otherwise you might end up losing money and make sure the items and prize money you receive is more than what you spent

If anyone else has any easy money tips, then please share them with everyone​

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    Here are my thoughts on money in X and Y. Yeah, I definitely noticed a significant change in my money throughout the game. Did I ever at any point run out of money? No, not once. And it is quite easy to see why. At the beginning of the game is the time you catch most of your team. They are generally lower leveled around now, therefore meaning the balls you use to catch these Pokémon are cheaper. Also at the beginning of the game, I found less of a need for items such as potions or other healing items. If you did, however, use them, they still wouldn't have been that costly compared to the amount of money battling trainers throughout. By the end of the game, Elite 4 specifically, is where I found that I used items the most. By then, with occasionally purchasing few items here and there, I had tons of money. I personally don't know why it is that you gain so much more money compared to older games, specifically gba and below. Maybe the trainers give off more cash, not quite sure.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    I'm not sure if ORAS was the first game to break the 999,999 pokedollars barrier, but I am pretty sure it is my first game which I got my money into the millions.

The battle thing with the nobility is a sure-fire way to earn money fast.

Back