• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mono for R/S/E

crobatdeluxe

You can't be a legend...
    Years
    Hello all! I'm a new user here. This is my first thread in the pokecommunity, so...

Ok. I guess I got the idea from the gamefaqs ruby board. (And I think a thread somewhere below me, but that was for the FR/LG versions so..) Don't worry I got the permission to use this R/S/E mono-type challenge. I also got a permission for the idea. So the rules:

-The run is finished after the Elite 4.
    -HM Slaves can be of any type.
    -Only one type is allowed (duh?)
    -The type should be acquirable before the first gym.
    -if a pokemon is dual typed, it is categorized to both types. (e.g. Blaziken is Fire-Fighting, therefore it can be used in both types.)
    -We can catch other pokemon but not to be used in the team. Only for the pokedex data.
    -We must never skip gyms.
    -If a pokemon evolves to that type we can use that. (e.g. A water evolves to a ground type)
    -No legendaries, AR, Gameshark, or any other form of cheating. -anybody can do any of the types.
    -no trading for other pokemon, except for evo-by-trade pokemon.

i will be doing the bug type in ruby. After I finished my FR mono challenge.

Participants:

Flying-Binary Peaches
    Fighting- UltimaZelfier
    Grass- Neiko Star
    Potato_Hurrican-Psychic
    Rocket Scientist- Poison
    Overlord Tyranitar- Dark
    Amplified Ampharos- Ghost

Finished
    Bug- crobatdeluxe <woot!>

Please PM me i you finished the R/S/E monotype challenge. i hope for your pleasant patronage.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Wow. I was thinking of starting up a thread like this after getting permission last night, after I found my Sapphire. xDD;

I think I'll join this challenge, with only using Flying-Type pokemon. -nod-

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Hey can I join, I was thinking of using fighting. I'll join with fighting Okay.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Eh, why not, I'm bored. XD Can I do Fighting-type too? If not, then I'll take Grass.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Wow well.

>>>>><<<<<UPDATES>>>>><<<<<
    = Started a new game.
    = Named player Fighter.
    = Chose Torchic as Starter and grinded him to 10.
    = Beaten May.
    = Grinded Torchic to 16 and evolved to Combusken.
    = Captured Shroomish and grinded to 16.
    = Saved and called it a day.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Actually, I think I'm going to do Grass instead. There aren't many good Fighting-types in Sapphire...

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    First log! Sorry it's so long, the whole thing was boring so I added lots of details. :P​

1. Cliche Beginning

I restarted a new game. After skimming Professor Birch's boring speech, I chose the female trainer and named myself Yurika. Seriously, what kind of horrible mother sticks her child inside the van with all the furniture? Anyway, I hopped out of the van and listened boredly to Mom's talk. Which Yurika has heard many times in her past lifes. After going into the tiny, tiny house and seeing the tiny, tiny, tiny room, I set the yucky pink clock to the right time. Mom barged into my room without knocking--oh, wait, my room doesn't have a door--she told me to go check out my desk. So I did. I went on the PC and withdrew a super-mega-ultra-secret Potion. Then I went downstairs. Mom hurriedly called me over to watch some dumb TV show. For some reason, I did. I must be like Ella in Ella Enchanted. Cursed by a fairy. I also decided that I was probably mute. So, Mom ordered me to go visit the neighbors, so I did, because of the fairy's mute curse.

I barged into the house next door without knocking, like Mom taught me to, and a strange woman wearing a blue vest and a PINK skirt attacked me. She left me alone after I stared at her. I went upstairs and arrived in some guy's bedroom. I tapped the boy in the corner, who I assume is deaf, and he started blabbing about boring stuff. It turns out he is pretty sexist. He thinks that Gym Leaders' families must be all male. Yuck. I noticed that he has white hair and a pink bed. Spooky. As I leave the house, I realize that my Mom probably sleeps under the kitchen table. Really, why did she buy a house with one room? Oh well, lucky me. So I was walking around when this blue-haired squirt (wth?) told me that he could hear cries. Curious, I went to see what was happening and saw a fat man in a white labcoat being chased by a dog.

The man, who happened to be Professor Birch, told me to help him. I tried to go away, but he wouldn't let me. Darn it. I had to help him. It must be because of the fairy's curse. So I walked to the random basket and picked Torchic as my starter. Why? Because then my rival will pick Mudkip, that's why. Yes, I'm that evil. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAahem. Right. Anyway, I beat up the poor little puppy (damn you, curse!) and the Professor invited me to his big lab. Which is actually not much bigger than a normal house. Most of it is empty space in the walls. That's why it looks big from the outside and tiny from the inside. So, to thank me for beating up the puppy, the Professor gave me the Torchic. Yay. Then he ordered me to go see Brendan. Darn. So I went. Luckily, I didn't meet any wild Pokemon on the way. I tapped the man-woman in Oldale Town and he-she gave me another Potion. Yay.

So I went up north and met Brendan. I fought him and defeated his Mudkip(MWAHAH-ahem...) with four Scratch's. That was easy. So he told me to come to his father's lab. I had to, of course, because I was cursed. So I went back to Littleroot Town and into the lab. Then my body started moving on its own. It was pretty creepy. It was like I was being possessed. But I'm sure it was just because of the curse. So Professor Birch just talked Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah and gave me a Pokedex. Then Brendan gave me five Pokeballs. Yippee. I could finally leave. Along the way, Mom gave me a pair of Running Shoes. Finally! I ran all the way to the route next to Oldale Town and caught myself a Lotad. After that, I went to the Pokemon Center and healed my Pokemon. I deposited my Torchic into the PC.

I saved the game.

Pokemon Team:

Mono for R/S/E

Lotad lvl. 3
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Moves: Astonish - Growl​

overlord tyranitar

The Yeti on the Silver Mountain
    Years
    i am doing the challenge on saphire, not emerald sorry i just got ruby and sapphire's exclusive pokemon mixed up, because i cannot get sableye in ruby i will be doing water instead (i will show team aqua how real water trainers fight)

I resign from the challenge i just notice that i have waaayyyy too many challenges going on, good luck luck to the rest of you with yours

Last edited:

crobatdeluxe

You can't be a legend...
    Years
    Potato>> Sure, you're signed up. Yes, you can use more than one Pokemon. Godd luck!

Rocket Scientist>> You're signed too! Good luck!

Overlord Tyranitar>> Oh. Sorry to hear that. Anyways, good luck on your other challenges!

overlord tyranitar

The Yeti on the Silver Mountain
    Years
    I have returned (after finishing my other challenges)

sign me up for the dark type, i will update as soon as fingers stop twitching through rushing a challenge

Back