• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mono-Species Challenge

dalaniir

Arcanine Trainer
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I'm sure one like this exists but I couldn't find any when I searched. But this challenge is Mono-Species, which means only one pokemon for you noobs. Starting with red/blue going till diamond/pearl. But this is also a monotype so it has to be the same type throughout all the games, plus for each game you can only beat the elite four with 1 pokemon, for gold/silver you have to beat red.

Rules
    1. You can only beat the game with 1 pokemon.
    2. You have to use the same type of pokemon throughout the generations.
    3. I discourage using yellow/crystal/emerald/platinum just for consistency sake. But if you don't have the regular ones, go ahead.
    4. I also discourage using firered/leafgreen or heartgold/soulsilver just for consistency sake. Plus you won't get the nostalgic fun!
    5. I know this is obvious but, absolutely NO cheat codes AT ALL.
    6. You may use emulators and you may also speed up gameplay with the emulators, but for nostalgic fun I suggest going with the actual systems.
    7. You do not have to use the same pokemon throughout all the generations.
    8. You should post an update probably about every two badges.
    9. The types you cannot pick are steel, dark, ice, and dragon. Steel and Dark because they're not in the first generation, dragon and ice because you can't get it till pretty far in.
    10. You should have gotten your pokemon by your third badge. Once you get the pokemon you may switch it for another pokemon of the same type but you can only use one pokemon at a time.

Banners:
    None as of yet,, anyone wanna whip some up for me? One for each type except dark, steel, ice, and dragon

Participators:

Normal:
    No one

Fire:
    No one

Water:
    No one

Electric:
    Katie_Q

Grass:
    No one

Fighting:
    no one

Poison:
    no one

Ground:
    no one

Flying:
    ME!

Psychic:
    no one

Bug:
    Sora247_2009

Rock:
    no one

Ghost:
    no one

Last edited:

dalaniir

Arcanine Trainer
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    does that mean we have to pick one pokemon and use that pokemon all the generations?
    Im lost.
    no it means u can only pick 1 pokemon per game. for example ill beat red with a pidgeot and then silverl with a fearow then ruby with a swellow then diamond with a noctowl

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Ok I'm going to try this out. I'll have to use fire red and hg or ss, since I don't have the originals.

I'll use Electric type pokemon. Starting on Firered with a pikachu

dalaniir

Arcanine Trainer
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Ok I'm going to try this out. I'll have to use fire red and hg or ss, since I don't have the originals.

I'll use Electric type pokemon. Starting on Firered with a pikachu
    woohoo! first participant! haha so i put u down now.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Hehe cool, first participant (aside from you?)

Anyway, here it is:

Started game, Called myself 'Doritoz' (after a brand of corn chips) and my rival 'Hotty'.
    Chose Bulbasaur and got rid of him when I caught pikachu.
    Got defeated by brock over and over until I trained and finally won.
    Got up to misty and easily won....

dalaniir

Arcanine Trainer
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Yes, I meant besides myself.
    Well here is my update.
    I started in red, got charmander, got a package for oak then gave it to him. Went and and bought some pokeballs. Caught a pidgey then grinded him to level 8. Took and gary and won. Went threw viridian forest, completely dominating with gust. Got to pewter, this went a bit harder. Stocked up on potions, and went for it. After me using gust, him attacking, me using gust, him attacking, me using potion, repeat repeat repeat, I finally beat him. Went and healed my pokes and went threw route 3 i believe. Owned everyone, and went threw mt. moon having a little twinge of trouble with the hikers and the rocket with a sandshrew. Got to the other side, healed my pokes then took on gary. After 1 defeat I went and fought him again and this time won. I then proceeded to nugget bridge and killed everyone, then healed and cleared the rest of the area by bill's house.
    I saved him from being a pokemon then went and took on misty. Lost two times in a row then I finally won. I then saved and quit.

The reason i'm only that far is cause I couldn't find my red for a while.

Last edited:

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
    Years
    I'll sign up for Bug, but again, I'll have to use HGSS and FRLG since I don't own the originals. My team will probably be:

LG: Butterfree
    HG: Ariados until I get a Scyther/Pinsir
    E: Not sure yet, anyone care to give a suggestion?
    Pl: Vespiquen until I get a Scyther

dalaniir

Arcanine Trainer
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I'll sign up for Bug, but again, I'll have to use HGSS and FRLG since I don't own the originals. My team will probably be:

LG: Butterfree
    HG: Ariados until I get a Scyther/Pinsir
    E: Not sure yet, anyone care to give a suggestion?
    Pl: Vespiquen until I get a Scyther

Okay, sounds good.
    Hmm, I would go with Dustox for Emerald because he can learn some psychic attacks.

Back