• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monochromatic Stains [PG+15]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]Would've preferred the Batcave...[/FONT]​

[FONT=Cambria, serif]Name: Thale Edwards and Sgt. Collin Murdoch[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]Location: Paige's apartment[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Come in," motioned the woman standing at the door, who seemed to be the Aerokinetic, who then held open the door for Thale to move in. He did so, but then the woman moved away with a faint excuse me, and vanished into another room.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]Thale simply stared blankly for a moment, before heading further into the building, soon finding the small group of other entertaining themselves. Murdoch was there, seemingly in a similar bad mood as he was yesterday. Thale didn't really expect anything else in all honesty. The few people there were either conversing with the others in a fairly bored manner or were simply just ignoring them all together. What a cheerful bunch of people here... A phone became to ring out for a moment, causing Thale to turn.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]It was the Aerokinetic, seemingly finished with whatever she had to do. "Excuse me everyone, I have a place to show you, so if you could follow me," she said. "the walk wont be very long. And whoever is last, can you please shut the door?It will lock on its own."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]And with that brief announcement, the group headed out of her apartment, and then through the building, soon heading into the outside. Where was she going? Thale couldn't tell, and figured he must have missed something before he arrived, but a quick glance at Murdoch's expression gave away that he didn't know either, and Thale guessed he had stayed for the night there. It didn't really matter where the group was going at the moment, and Thale didn't really want to sound rude or anything by asking, so he didn't, and simply kept any questions to himself. [/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]It was only a few minutes before they arrived at their supposed location, which seemed to be a deserted department store. It clearly hadn't been used in a while, and could use a new coat of paint to say the least. It wasn't in a great looking neighbourhood either, which unnerved Thale a little, even after he realised that everyone in this group wasn't exactly human, with one of them being easily able to create whirlwinds.[/FONT]
    "[FONT=Cambria, serif]As you were probably wondering, this is no department store, this is the warehouse. Several years back, I used to be a part of a small band of people whom possessed powers. We worked from here, helping the world with catastrophes and crime in New York and its surrounding area." stated Paige, although she looked only halfway through her speech. "The problem was that we were small in numbers, and the American Government wished to keep tabs on us if we wished to carry on. Suffice to say we were run underground, our warehouse being the only safe place for us."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]Thale paused in thought for a moment on the whole situation. It was a strange feeling, just being here, and now, well, Thale didn't really know what was happening now, He broke from his thought half way through one of the Aerokinetic's sentences.[/FONT]
    "[FONT=Cambria, serif]-with you guys, and others like us cropping up all over the world, I would like to revive out group and make it better. The only problem is that the Government and the United Nations know of this place and if we are going to continue, it is to be alongside them."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]The Government? Murdoch looked just as uneasy at the words as Thale did. Comic books and movies revolving around things like superheroes usually had one similar enemy, the government, or someone similar at least, usually posing as someone who would capture those with powers in hope of duplicating them. It never really ended well.[/FONT]
    "[FONT=Cambria, serif]Who wants to be a hero?" finished the Aerokinetic, as she took a slight breather from her some-what long speech.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]It was just a few seconds later, that Miharu completely flipped out. Thale still wasn't paying attention to what anyone was saying, and Murdoch was still in a similar state of mind, although it would be easy to tell that he wasn't deep in thought, just blatantly ignoring almost anything that was being said. Thale didn't blame him, this was an awful lot to take in at once. But one thing was clear, that Miharu really didn't like the idea of having our every more recorded, and even more so questioning the Aerokinetic's, now identified as Paige's, authority. She had sort of self-acclaimed herself leader of the group, if you could even call it that. The whole area was slowly become more and more uncomfortable with the heated argument between Paige and Miharu, until it was all ended by a simple action.[/FONT]
    "[FONT=Cambria, serif]Miharu Marakot Mizushima. Age 14. Powers are Shadow and Light." she said, standing on the machine and recording her data. "It was a test..." she muttered, as if that solved the whole argument.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]It probably had. Miharu stepped off the pad, and began to talk to someone over the phone, which left someone else to step up onto the machine, and read out their data. Thale had given up on trying to work things out, and simply reacted on a gut feeling. He took a few steps forward, and moved over to the machine. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]Clearing his throat slightly, Thale began to read out the necessary information. "Thale Edwards. Age 21. Manipulation of Electricity." and then turned around, back to his original position in the group of others.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]And now anything could happen. He half expect some government agents to kidnap him in the next five minutes, despite how unlikely that was. In all honesty though, the likelihood of that happening had just sky-rocketed. Murdoch glanced at Paige, and then back to the machine. While he was just as wary of recording himself as everyone else was, he knew this would just be like old times. He gently pushed his way from the back of the group to the front, and then prepare to step onto the pad.[/FONT]
    "[FONT=Cambria, serif]I guess I'm next..." he muttered, standing onto the machine. "Sargent Collin Murdoch, age... 68. Superhuman strength..." he grumbled afterwards.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]He was clearly in a bad mood about 'registering' himself, probably due to the fact that now the Government could keep tabs on him more easily that ever. But these people could be of use in the long run, and this would hopefully work out for the best. Murdoch moved around the group this time, returning to his original place at the back.[/FONT]

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Explain Please
    Name; Paige Marrow

Paige's heart skipped a beat as Lyle walked up and presented himself to the computer. "Lyle Dunne Murphy. 23. Earth Manipulation." When he had finished, Lyle came and stood by her side and Paige was thankful that at least one person had joined.

"Your brother would be most welcomed here." Paige replied.

Miharu came up soon after, presenting herself to the computer which surprised Paige. She explained and Paige mentally kicked herself for becoming emotional, this girl just needed motivation and she was glad she had joined.

She saddened when Matt disappeared, she had been hoping that he would join their group, he had left before Paige was able to tell him. So when he teleported back talking about a man named 'Tech', Paige was finally allowed to talk.

"Matt, I forgot to mention before, as a contract between us and the American Government, all information stays here, they cannot access it, the information is only available to top officials of the UN, since they funded this, it just so happened to be on American soil. As a result, any Superhuman who registers with us, if they are from overseas, gets immediate citizenship. Here, no one can touch us."

"And one more thing, if you want, I can organise a funeral for you, and get you a new identity, that is if Tech isn't already doing that." she smiled as Thale and Murdoch registered themselves.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Emergency
    Name: Paige Alicia Marrow

"So now that everyone has signed in, you are in the system meaning that you have access to these headquarters. I will provide you guys with a map soon."

Vaughan turned to the computer console behind them, booting it up and typing furiously as lines of text covered the three central screens.

"While Vaughan gets the system up and running, I have somethings to talk to you guys about. At any time, feel free to ask questions. First comes first is how we operate. Until Vaughan has the system up, I will assign two person teams until the computer can deduce the best combo's.

Miharu and Lyle, can you two please go and 'recuit' Lyle's brother.

Thale and Colin, can you go on rounds of the city, report back if you find anything or any one of 'interest'.

Matt, we are here if you wish to join us."

Paige turned and sat down beside Vaughan, pulling out another keyboard to help get the system up and runnning. "You guys are free to come and go as you please."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    Assignment already. Sheesh.
    Name: Miharu Marakot Mizushima

Miharu glanced at her apparent partner, Lyle. She still wasn't sure how she had gotten to his and his brother's apartment, although she could guess. She had felt someone pick her up at the edge of unconsciousness, although she didn't know whether or not that if it was Lyle or Neil. Although she didn't care much for partners, it shouldn't kill her to work with someone for a change.

Taking Paige turning to Vaughan as an obvious dismissal, Miharu rolled her eyes and started walking towards the exit. When she noticed that Lyle didn't do the same, she looked over her shoulder and raised an eyebrow. "Coming?"

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Misson Accepted. Difficulty....High
    Name: Lyle Murphy

As the meeting died down, Paige demonstrated some capacity as a leader as she attempted to accommodate everyone as they joined the team. Lyle admired her ability and was proud to have a leader with some talent. He knew that he could not lead any sort of skill. He wasn't vocal in any way and rarely had an opinion. Paige, with her first official action as the leader, gave everyone orders. Lyle's? Attempt to convince his brother to join with Miharu as a partner.

At first Lyle believed it would be easy as Neil would find too much potential for a good story in the form of a superhero team fighting another one. Then Lyle remembered the Neil doesn't play well with others and then his brother's skeptical nature would ruin the prospect of him joining Paige. By this time, Neil had researched Neil and likely learned something about her background that would make her look bad. Or something like that...

As Lyle remained deep in thought, he heard a distant voice that appeared to be directed at him. Looking around he saw Miharu making her way to the exit. Yelping a bit, Lyle leapt into action. "Oh...right," he muttered. He jogged over to Miharu and walked beside her. "So...ummm...what's the easiest way back to my apartment? My brother is likely there. Good place to start, I guess."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back