• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monopoly

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I know most of you knows this game—you either heard it from your friends/the TV/the radio/internet or you play it.

Monopoly is just a great game, and somehow you get all bussiness-minded while playing. So, what are your thoughts on this game? ;3

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • It's so popular! I like playing it, especially the one with the credit cards. The only bad thing is that the game is too long then after a while you don't feel like playing anymore. But it's really fun, especially when you play with lots of people. Everyone argues and gets mad xD

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    One of the best games ever made. Too bad my family hates it. :/

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Oh Monopoly, I remember that time where my little sister kept landing on my Boardwalk tile, and ended up with all her property AND money XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Man, I love that game, even though I haven't played it in forever. My brother has always been OBSESSED with buying Park Place and Boardwalk at the first opportunity, and I always took advantage of that buying everything else and forcing him out of the game before he could set up his hotels on them :P

Only problem is that the game does tend to drag on, especially if everyone is about evenly matched property-wise...

Years
  • I actually own Monopoly Here and Now, and it's not the version with credit cards. Here and Now has a much quicker pace than the classic game because there's more money in the game AND things just cost more all around. A 4 hour game on classic takes 2 hours with Here and Now, sans the credit cards, of course. ^-^;;

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I like to play that game, but I have only played it 2 or 3 times. XD

I am okay at it.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Oh, I love monopoly, especially when I end up taking everyone's money <: I don't really end up playing it that much though, its a shame :(

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Not that I wanna brag, but I pwn in monopoly! I literally haven't lost a single game in monopoly in my life! probably the main reason why noone ever wants to play it with me anymore...
    I usually start by buying as much as I can, not taking any notice of my current cash amount, even buying overpriced properties from other players, and than at some point the cash just starts flowing in! :D

Nightstalker

Party on!!
    Years
  • I don't know why but I am addicted to collecting the train stations
    also anyone who is in debt I give them money till they have plus I pound or whatever the currency is
    pall mall and fleet street ftw

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
  • Want your significant other to break up with you?
    Ever wish to split apart your family?
    Looking for a way to start a world war?
    Monopoly!

Yeah, it's a good game. That is, until it's 2:30 in the morning and you coulda sworn the person across from you moved an extra space. After that, it's war.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • It seems to be that I'm going to break the chain of liking Monopoly. When I was younger I hated to be anything but the banker of course, the banker still had to play the game like a normal player. My family and friends (if they were playing) would let me just deal out the money and that would be it. So I never actually liked the game, I liked the big box with loads of money it is. XD

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • Hahaha I always play Monopoly with my friends, but only the Pokémon version since it's all we have. It gets pretty ruthless after a while, to say the least. The only thing I hate is that we tend to drag it on even after most of us should've lost:
    "You landed on Rapidash, that'll be $1,000."
    "I don't have it, I have like, $5 left."
    "Then mortgage Nidoking, you can't do anything with it anyway."
    "...no."
    "...Then declare bankruptcy."
    "...no."

Back