• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Monotype Challenge - Kanto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
  • After Vs. Seeker training I went to cure a seasick captain. He showed his gratitude by giving me an HM. I hate HMs. Then I went to challenge Lt. Surge. He was easy, I didn't even have to send out 1-up. Made my way to the rock cave or whatever it's called. Went on a pokemon catching spree to get the everstone and went back to get the other items from Oak's Aids. Went back to the cave and after wandering for the longest time I made it out alive, but just barely. I got to Lavender Town, healed and talked to the Name Rater to change the name of my Beedrill because I forgot to nickname him when I caught him. Then I battled some random trainors and saved.

My Team:
    Flutter (Butterfree)
    Sleep Powder
    Whirlwind
    Confusion
    Gust
    Buzz (Beedrill)
    Twinneedle
    Focus Energy
    Fury Attack
    Pursuit
    1-up (Parasect)
    Dig
    Bullet Seed
    Spore
    Leech Life

Paras (HM Slave)
    Flash
    Cut
    -
    -

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • -I got the key to unlock Blaine's Gym
    -Beat all of the trainers, never used the machines
    -Defeated Blaine and got his badge, peace of cake
    -Bill needed help from my manly self, I decided to help the little guy
    -He gave me a meteorite to give to his buddy, I delivered it
    -Saw these gangster biker men, followed them to Three island
    -Beat them all up and followed a distressed cry to this forrest of (i forgot the name)
    -I defeated the Hypno and went back to home (Also power leveled my Dragonair to evolve into Dragonite)
    -Returned to Giovanni's Gym and beat up all the trainers before Giovanni
    -After winning, went to go show off my badges, but was interrupted by my rival
    -Beat him up, flashed my badges infront of the guards
    -Went through victory Road, came out on other end
    -Saved infront of building (Indigo Plateau)

Team:

Monotype Challenge - Kanto

-Charizard lv. 52 (M) @Nothing
    Slash
    Fly
    FlameThrower
    Metal Claw

-Gyarados lv. 52 (F) @Nothing
    Tackle
    Surf
    Bite
    Dragon Rage

-Dragonite lv. 57 (F) @Nothing
    Wing Attack
    ThunderBolt
    Thunder Wave
    Dragon Claw

-Meowth lv. 16 (M) (HM Slave)
    No use telling the moves, all he knows (HM wise) is Flash and Cut.

-Meowth #2 lv. 19 (M) (Pick Up Slave)
    No use telling moves, Picks up items

-Meowth #3 lv. 18 (F) (Pick Up Slave)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    lol...ur team so looks like mine......

and i completed it. Want some advice?

Get a pokemon with Solarbeam, teach Zard Sunny Day and u'll pwn Lorelei.

Sunny Day
    Switch Out
    Solarbeam pwns.simple

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    looking at ur levels, yeah.i suggest grinding against the four trainers outside ember spa (battle girl, 2 black belts, crush kin).I had all 6 of my pokes at lv.70, and i cruised through against all but Lorelei (a tip for Lance, only switch in Dragonite on the 2nd Dragonair, Outrage can pwn that and Dragonite OHKO)

[Rock Lee]

Kusanagi Swordsman~
    Years
  • Well, since the host of this thread apparently isn't active, I'm going to go ahead and keep it alive by saying I'm going to be participating in a Fighting-Type Monotype Challenge.

EDIT: Okay, first update's a big one since I've been playing all day. :3 Tee hee. And I'm not done playing, either... phew.

----------------------

- Began my adventure (Character info - Gender: Male, Name: Haari (my alias), Rival's Name: Blue).
    - Awoke in my room, ventured downstairs, and spoke with my mom.
    - Tried leaving my hometown of Pallet, but was stopped by Professor Oak.
    - By request of Prof. Oak, I accepted his offer of a Pokemon. My selection: Bulbasaur.
    - My rival, Blue, challenged me as I was about to leave Oak's building; I defeated his Charmander.
    - Made my way to Viridian City.
    - Was given Oak's Parcel to deliver to Prof. Oak from the shopkeeper at the Pokemart.
    - Delivered to Oak his Parcel.
    - Was given a Pokedex and was asked to complete it, my Rival the same.
    - Ventured back to Viridian and caught myself my first fighter on the route to the left of the city: Mankey.
    - Trained Mankey.
    - Challenged and defeated my rival on the same route.
    - Made my way through the Viridian Forest.
    - Challenged the Pewter City Gym, sailing smoothly; I defeated Brock and obtained the Boulder Badge.
    - Continued onward, making my way through Mt. Moon.
    - After obtaining the Helix Fossil, found the exit of Mt. Moon and entered Cerulean City.
    - Was challenged by Blue; I defeated him, albeit barely.
    - Ventured to Bill's house, saved him, and was given an S.S. Anne ticket.
    - Challenged the Cerulean City Gym. I lost the first time, but after Mankey evolved a level later, I came back and claimed my vengeance; I defeated Misty and claimed the Cascade Badge.
    - Defeated the Team Rocket member outside of the building he'd just wrecked.
    - Traveled down to Vermillion City.
    - Boarded the S.S. Anne and battled all of the trainers on board, including my rival once again.
    - Met the captain, relieved him of his sea sickness, and was given the Cut HM.
    - After picking up a few goodies, exited the ship and watched it set off.
    - Did some more training and got the Bike via the Bike Voucher.
    - Decided to skip the Vermillion gym for now and venture onto the Rock Tunnel.
    - After several trainer battles and hill jumps, finally found myself in the Rock Tunnel.
    - After the bombardment of Zubats, I finally encountered and captured my second fighter: Machop.
    - Caught my new addition to the team up with Charade, my Primeape.
    - Ventured back to Vermillion once I'd evolved Machop into a Machoke.
    - Challenged the Vermillion City Gym, hardly trying; I defeated Lt. Surge and was given the Thunder Badge.
    - Traveled through Diglett's Cave to claim the Flash HM on the other side.
    - Made my way back to the Rock Tunnel.
    - Finally found the exit to the headache that is the Rock Tunnel.
    - Stumbled upon Lavender Town.
    - Found my rival in the Pokemon Tower, was challenged, and defeated him.
    - Defeated many trainers on my way to Celadon City.
    - Did a plethora of things in Celadon, including shopping, getting Eevee, and picking up a bunch of free goodies.
    - Challenged the Celadon City Gym, experiencing not too much difficulty; I bested Erika and obtained the Rainbow Badge.
    - Snooped around and got the Fly HM.

Currently: Investigating Team Rocket's base underneath the Rocket Game Corner.

---Current Team---

Charade, Lv. 40, Male
    Bold nature, Vital Spirit @ N/A
    - Mega Punch
    - Cross Chop
    - Aerial Ace
    - Karate Chop

Astaroth, Lv. 37, Male
    Serious nature, Guts @ N/A
    - Karate Chop
    - Vital Throw
    - Seismic Toss
    - Revenge

Bulbasaur, Lv.11, Male
    [HM Slave]
    - Cut
    - Flash
    - Leech Seed
    - Vine Whip

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • -Went back to One Island and grinded HARD for ages. Leveled up my Pokemans by a lot!
    -Returned to Elite Four to kick some major butt
    -Breezed through Loreli with my Solar SunnyZard combo and my special backup Dragonite!
    -Totally dominated Bruno with Gyarados and Dragonite
    -Agatha was a it tough, but Dragonite's Dragon Claw saved the day!
    -Dragonite took down Lance with Dragon Claw and ThunderBolt. Gyarados finished off Aerodactyl.
    -My rival was total pain.
    -His Alakazam never wanted to die, neither Blastoise. They nearly killed me if it weren't for Revives....

Entered my Pokemon in the Hall o' Fame and NOW I'M DONE WITH THE CHALLENGE!!!

Team:

-Charizard lv. 72 (M) @Nothing
    Slash
    Fly
    FlameThrower
    Sunny Day

-Gyarados lv. 69 (F) @Nothing
    Tackle
    Surf
    Bite
    Dragon Rage

-Dragonite lv. 70 (F) @Nothing
    Wing Attack
    ThunderBolt
    Thunder Wave
    Dragon Claw

-Meowth lv. 16 (M) (HM Slave)
    No use telling the moves, all he knows (HM wise) is Flash and Cut.

-Meowth #2 lv. 19 (M) (Pick Up Slave)

-Meowth #3 lv. 18 (F) (Pick Up Slave)

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Okay I finally found my firered (It was in my brother's car who woulda guessed?)
    SR for a good natured Eevee so I could transfer later (had an adamant one but forgot to save =P settled for a modest one maybe I'll use a jolteon this time)
    Went crusading around town looking for the coin case. Found it in a bar that I took from a drunk who wasted all his money in the slots and went to pick up coins I found lying around the floor and from random strangers. Played the slot in the second row the top one which has a good chance of getting more coins. lost several coins decided to just buy them.
    Went next door with 57250 coins and got a scyther (SR for an adamant scyther)
    Leveled up scyther.
    Went to pawn Team Rocket in the Slot place.
    Beat Giovanni with 1-up
    Went to battle Erika and chat with the perverted old man outside her gym saying "This gym is great, it's full of women!"
    Beat Erika with mainly Beedrill to level him up.
    Went back to Lavender town and beat Gary (I really need to level up before battling him and his stupid Pidgeotto that's why I skipped this part and Went to battle Erika first) Beat Team Rocket Grunts and saved the old man who gives me the Flute.
    Went back to Erika's town and battled Snorlax. Obtained Leftovers and gave it to Scyther.
    Battled the byciclists.
    Went to go catch pokemon to obtain Amulet coin.
    Caught Growlithe,Ghastly, Haunter, Doduo, and several others. Saved
    My team Scyther (no Nick name yet) Aeiral Ace, Swords Dance, Pursuit, Slash
    Parasect (1-up) Dig, Spore, Leech Life, Slash
    Butterfree (Flutter) Sleep Powder, Whirlwind, Giga Drain, Psybeam
    Beedrill (Buzz) Thief, Focus Energy, Brick Break, Twinneedle
    HM Slaves:
    Paras Flash/ cut
    Pidgey Fly

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Do you get an extra something for training an entire new team (minus Dragonite) in the Sevii Islands, then re-challenging the improved E4???

Like, i got so bored after completing this challenge i completed the game?

Pheya

Is very excited about HH & SS.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2010
    Can I still join? I'll be doing the monotype challenge water.

AsaQuilava

Monstreaux
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    Poison, good sirs, shall be my selection. Seems a bit popular, but! Nevertheless, it is my favored type.
    Updates will come behind this post before long, gentlemen.

AsaQuilava

Monstreaux
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    All right, here's what I have thus far.

I started my game as a boy for the first time, and called myself Mercine. Professor Oak
    oh so graciously gave me a Bulbasaur - which I shall call Varnish until it is a Venusaur,
    then he will be known as Vanguard - while his grandson Platypi chose to raise a
    Charmander, as expected. Our first battle went over well, with Varnish growing to level
    six after a handsome victory.

My Bulbasaur and I faced the Rattata and Pidgey without fear on our way to Viridian
    City. Once we arrived, I healed the poor thing at the Pokemon Center and picked up
    a parcel for the Professor. Eager as I was to return to Pallet, I took my time and raised
    Varnish a bit more in the wild grasses on Route 1.

Platypi was waiting as I delivered the package to his grandfather, and I would soon find
    out why. It seems that the strange devices in the back of the room which had caught
    my eye earlier were called Pokedexes. Professor Oak entrusted Platypi and I with one
    each and commanded that we go out and collect data with these high-tech
    encyclopedias. The old fart can't even do his own field work anymore. Pity.

I decided to take Platypi's advice and not bother with his sister for a map. Instead
    Varnish and I trekked out once again on Route 1, this time not focused on battling; the
    fields to the left of Viridian City promised much better game than these. And it was in
    those fields that I leveled Varnish up to 15 and revised his moveset to contain Tackle,
    Sleep and Poison Powder, and Vine Whip. Shortly thereafter, we were challenged by
    Platypi and his Pidgey/Charmander ensemble. Varnish took his ass down with ease,
    damning the Charmander to sleep to avoid an abundance of bothersome Scratches.

Four or five Mankey later, Bulbasuar evolved into Ivysaur, and we were on our way to the Viridian Forest.

The first pokemon to rear its head from the grasses was a male Kakuna, which I
    reluctantly caught. He shall serve his purpose on my team for now, but due to my
    distaste for bees he will most likely be replaced with Bellsprout near Cerulean.
    Utilizing the forest and the scrimpish camper in Brock's gym, I evolved my Thisper (for
    so he was named) into Bedrill and leveled him to fifteen. Varnish, having battled for the
    puny Kakuna during its immobilization, was now at level 18.

Two Vine Whip's later and I was in possession of the Boulder Badge and a nifty set of
    running shoes. The trainers on Route 3 posed no threat, and I lurked with Varnish for
    nearly an hour before coming across our target; A male Nidoran.

The new Skelter in tow, I traveled back to Viridian Forest to train. With the out-of-
    place-seeming Peck attack, my Nidoran was a force to be reckoned with among the
    Caterpie and Weedle and was soon at level 12.

In a moment I was upon the sneaky man in the Route 4 Pokemon Center, purchasing
    what I knew to be a useless Splashing fish with the intent to raise my new Flipper until
    he could be a useful HM slave. I entered the Cave before me and saved.

Varnish
    Lv.19

Tackle
    Poison Powder
    Sleep Powder
    Vine Whip

Thisper
    Lv.15

Harden
    Furry Attack
    Focus Energy

Skelter
    Lv.15

Leer
    Peck
    Focus Energy
    Double Kick

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • I reached Fuschia city finally! I totally forgot about Venemoths so I now have a new member to my team. I couldn't think of a clever nickname for him on the spot so She shall be known as only Venemoth. Anyways I caught her on the Safari Zone while heading to the farthest reaches of the Safari Zone so I could get Golden Teeth and TM Surf ^^
    I don't have much time left since I have to leave so I'll just put Venemoth down instead of all my team.

Venemoth Female @ Nothing
    -Leech Life (Will be Psychic whenever he gets to that level)
    -Poison Powder (As soon as I beat Koga I'll teach him Toxic instead)
    -Double Team
    -Attract

Yup! I got myself a staller! Use Attract on Males, Double Team six times and boom! Hard to hit and if they have that chance it'll get ruined with Attract then just stall to use Toxic to it's full effect! And Psychic because it's a strong move to hit them with as they foolishly try to attack me!

susyy8

Traveler
    Years
  • I'm thinking that i should give a try, and why not? I'm going with normal, starting with squirtle, named WaterTail (male). I have to ask one more thing. Can I use like flying/normal types etc.? Oh! And I'm playing FR.

So I met pidgey but i killed him!!!! -.-''''' next thing i met rattata and i killed him too... O____o goin well? :d

well, now im using norm/fly, sorry. so, i captured pidgey (male), named WindOfSky and rattata (female), named Fangless. Now ill go to viridian forest, ill update when finnished that.

Player's name: Zuz (f)
    Starter: Squirtle (WaterTail, m)
    Pokémons, which I use: Pidgey (WindOfSky, m) and Rattata (Fangless, f) (+Meowth will come when I reach it)
    HM Slaves: none yet

Rival's name: Gary
    Pokémons: Bulbasaur

~gonna update this post always when things change~

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back