• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Monotype Challenge-- Red/Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

i stoped playing after crystal

omg i put something origional!
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    ok well heres what happened so far. beat my rival, got package, captured a weedle, trained it into a beedrill, caught another weedle, trained it into a beedril, caught another weedle trained it into a kakuna, and caught a caterpie. went back down and beat my rival again. thats pretty much it.

beedrill lvl. 12
    poison sting/ string shot, fury attack

beedrill lvl. 10
    poison sting, string shot

kakuna lvl. 9

caterpie lvl. 3
    tackle/ string shot

havent seen any other bugs yet. ill update once i destroy brock.

at this rate il never catch up with the champ, after school tommorow im gonna be playing all day.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    well i beat brock, it was prety easy with a butterfee.

butterfree lvl.13
    tackle,stringshot,confushion

beedrill lvl.12
    poison sting,string shot,fury strike

beedrill lvl.12
    poison sting,string shot, fury strike

beedrill lvl.11
    poisonsting,string shot

now onto mt.moon, hoping to get a parasect there, that will help me out with serge and misty...wait parasect is a bug and grass type right?

Last edited:

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
  • Okay - so, started my challange today... and here's where I am atm:

---

Name: Andrew
    Rival: Zachary

- Took potion out of PC.
    - Started with Charmander and fought against my Rival. The only reason he was tricky was because he spammed "Tail Whip" at the start and nearly killed me. Charmander grew to level 6. Also nicknamed it "Flare".
    - Travelled to Viridian City while growing Flare to level 7 through Route 1. Also got a Potion while speaking to someone in Route 1.
    - Got Oak's Parcel in Viridian.
    - Went back to Pallet Town and gave Oak his parcel. Also recieved the Pokédex in return.
    - Spoke to Gary's Sister and she gave me the Town Map.
    - Travelled through Route 1 and reached Viridian City (again).
    - Went West of Viridian City and started to grind Flare to level 10. Went to the Poké center twice to heal him (as I wasn't going to waste my Potions on him).
    - Fought my Rival and he nearly killed me (because Squirtle liked to spam Bubble on me). Only won because he acted a little stupid and tried to Tail Whip me. Wasted one potion here.
    - Travelled north from Viridian City and cruised through Viridian Forest while beating all the trainers there. Flare grew to level 13 here (and did little training here).
    - Arrived in Pewter City and healed my team. Also bought 15 Potions (just incase I had to play tatics).
    - Took the Gym Challange and had to go back to the Poké Center to heal my Charmander Flare grew to level 14.

Gym Leader Brock

Geodude: Wasn't really difficult to defeat since I kept spamming Growl on it. Took a few Ember's and it went down quite easily. Wasted one Potion on it.
    Onix: For it not to spam Growl and to waste time, I would have a little hassle on Onix as it would probably have killed me with Bide. Kept doing Screech to me (maximum) so I kept taking it down with Ember and wasted time with Growl when it tried to hit me with Bide. Went down after a while.

- Reviced the Boulder Badge and recieved the Bide TM.
    - Flare grew to level 15.

Current Team

Flare (Charmander)
    Level: 15
    Type: Fire
    Attack: 26
    Defense: 23
    Speed: 28
    Special: 21
    Moves: Scratch, Growl, Ember, Leer.

---

I'll update again when I've gotten time. Just suprised that I didn't have to waste so many Potions on Brock and have difficulty on him at all. Beating Misty will be hilarious though :D

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • Oooh this sounds fun, I am going to try this

Sign me up for Poison please

Today:

Challenge Started.

Name: Jay
    Rival: Mouse

My team: Bulba (Bulbasaur)

Rival: Charmander

More updates soon

Update: Defeated Mouse on the first try!! Bulba levelled up to level 6

Last edited:

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
  • Seeing as someone posted before me, no purpose to edit my reply so am posting again with my recent update:

EDIT: Posting again because I'll have another update for my team again (since I've started playing Blue again).

---

- Went through Route 3 and obliterated every trainer there. Not only did Flare evolved into Charmeleon, but it also grew to level 18 before I reached the Poké Center and healed.
    - Cruised through Mt. Moon and made sure I defeated every trainer in it. Took Dome Fossil and left the place. Flare grew to level 23 (was worried incase I ran out of PP).
    - Arrived in Cerulean City.
    - Went north from Cerulean City and fought my Rival. Flare grew to level 24.

Rival Zachary

Pidgeotto: Once again, this pokemon was the most annoying to take down because of it's "Sand Attack" move. After wasting some PP on it, it finally went down to some Ember's.
    Abra: Killed in one hit due to scratch.
    Rattata: Think I wasted some PP's on it before I had killed it with some Ember's. I also believe this is where I also wasted one Potion.
    Squirtle: Also had to waste another Potion so that it wouldn't killed me with Bubble (Water Gun weakened me a little). Went down after a couple of Scratches.

- Took the Nugget Bridge challange and defeated every trainer with ease. I won a Nugget but didn't get to join Team Rocket :(. Flare grew to level 25 and had to waste 1 Potion on it.
    - Defeated that annoying trainer left from Nugget Bridge.
    - Defeated some trainers on Route 25 and Flare grew to level 26. unfortenatly, Flare got hit with bad luck when fighting against a Youngster's Slowpoke and got confused. Didn't have a lot of HP and hurt myself in Confusion. Slowpoke finished me off and I blacked out :'(.
    - Took a 2nd attempt at Route 25 and defeated all the trainers that I forgot to fight. Flare grew to level 28.
    - Helped Bill out and got the S.S Ticket.
    - Healed my Pokémons at the Poké Center and skipping Misty (till Flare is strong enough).
    - Fought the Rocket outside a house and recieved the Dig TM. Taught Flare "Dig" by ridding the move "Growl".
    - Battled every trainer in Route 6 and had difficulty (Bug Catcher's Butterfree Paraylsed me while a Female Jr Trainer's squad of Pidgey's Sand Attack spammed me). Flare grew to level 29. Also wasted 3 Potions.
    - Arrived in Vermillion City.
    - Bought Poké Balls at the Poké Mart.
    - Got the Bike Voucher of the Rapidash loving guy.
    - Went to Diglett's cave and intended to capture a Diglett (for my Cut Slave). Killed it accidently and Flare grew to level 30.
    - Travelled back to Route 6 and tried to catch a Meowth instead (for Cut Slave). Wasted 4 Poké Balls on it and decided to just not capture it.
    - Entered SS Anne and fought most trainers (and wasting 3 Potions to heal Flare). Left SS Anne to heal and Flare grew to level 32.
    - After much deciding, I travelled East of Vermillion City and captured a level 14 Sandshrew (which'll be my Cut Slave if it can get it).
    - Entered SS Anne a second time and defeated most of the trainers and picked up the "Body Slam" TM. Flare grew to level 33 and ridded Scratch for Slash. It grew to level 34 when I finished the rest of the trainers on the boat.
    - Was about to see the Captain and my Rival ran into me.

Rival Zachary

Pidgeotto: Died in one hit by a Slash.
    Raticate: Was the only pokemon that managed to hit me (because of Quick Attack) before it fell to a single Slash.
    Kadabra: Again, fell to a single Slash.
    Wartortle: One Slash killed it.

- Saw the captian and he gave me the Cut HM. Taught it to Sandshrew (which could luckily get it).
    - Left SS Anne and travelled back to Cerulean City (where I exchanged my Bike Voucher for a Bike).
    - Took the Gym Challange and defeated every trainer there with absolute ease. Took on Misty.

Gym Leader Misty

Staryu: Died from a single Slash.
    Starmie: This was the pokemon that I was worried about the most because of it's Bubblebeam attack. Luckily, I was quicker than it and one Slash attack mauled it before it could deliver any damage.

- Flare grew to level 35.
    - Recieved the Cascade Badge and got the Bubblebeam TM.
    - Travelled back to Vermillion City and took the Gym Challange. Flare evolved into Charizard when I defeated all the gym's trainers. After spending ages trying to solve the bloody puzzle, finally got a chance to take on Surge.

Gym Leader LT. Surge

Voltorb: Died from a single Slash.
    Pikachu: Also died from a single Slash.
    Raichu: Wasn't going to waste a Slash on it (incase it survived) so I killed it in a single hit with Dig instead.

- Recieved the Thunder Badge and got the Thunderbolt TM.

---

Current Badges: 3.
    Pokédex: 4.
    Time: 3:18

Current Team:

Flare (Charizard)
    Level: 36
    Type: Fire/Flying
    HP: 112
    Attack: 84
    Defense: 78
    Speed: 91
    Special: 73
    Moves: Slash, Dig, Ember, Leer

Sandshrew (Cut Slave).
    Level: 14
    Type: Ground
    HP: 38
    Defense: 29
    Speed: 18
    Special: 16
    Moves: Scratch, Sand-Attack, Cut.

---

I'll update again possibly later :)

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • Update: Bulba is now level 12, off to recieve Oak's Parcel now!!!

Update 2: Just caught two Nidoran, one male one female, "Nido" and "Nida"

Last edited:

PokemonRockstar

old skool
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 19, 2012
    So yesterday i started with charmander, caught a pigey, speed trained them holding space bar and battling wilds then went to brock with level 16 Charmelion and 15 pigey, brock wasn't a issue at those levels, bought magikarp from the guy before mount moon since when it evoles it will be water/flying, so i trained all pokemon but only need pigeyotto and Gryados to beat her

Current team for Flying

Pigeyotto lv22

Gryados lv20

Charmelion lv20 (will be charizard before Lt Surge)

PokemonRockstar

old skool
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 19, 2012
    ok well heres what happened so far. beat my rival, got package, captured a weedle, trained it into a beedrill, caught another weedle, trained it into a beedril, caught another weedle trained it into a kakuna, and caught a caterpie. went back down and beat my rival again. thats pretty much it.

beedrill lvl. 12
    poison sting/ string shot, fury attack

beedrill lvl. 10

kakuna lvl. 9

caterpie lvl. 3
    tackle/ string shot

havent seen any other bugs yet. ill update once i destroy brock.

at this rate il never catch up with the champ, after school tommorow im gonna be playing all day.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    well i beat brock, it was prety easy with a butterfee.

butterfree lvl.13
    tackle,stringshot,confushion

beedrill lvl.12
    poison sting,string shot,fury strike

beedrill lvl.12
    poison sting,string shot, fury strike

beedrill lvl.11
    poisonsting,string shot

now onto mt.moon, hoping to get a parasect there, that will help me out with serge and misty...wait parasect is a bug and grass type right?

You can only get weedle in red

And caterpie only in blue

So there is no way you "caught" both in a red or blue. also IIRC you can't trade unless its for evolving

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
  • Guess what? I've got another update for you guys since I've been playing Blue like a madman and got severely addicted to it. Here's my next update (could be long):

---

- Travelled to Route 11 and cruised through it (by defeating every trainer). Flare grew to level 38.
    - Bought 10 Poké Balls in Vermillion City's Poké Mart.
    - Healed my team when I arrived in Cerulean City.
    - Defeated every trainer in Route 9. Flare grew to level 39.
    - Defeated the single trainer outside Rock Tunnel in Route 10. Flare grew to level 40.
    - Managed to get through Rock Tunnel without the use of Flash defeating every trainer in the cave. Flare grew to level 42.
    - Escaped Rock Tunnel and fought the next batch of trainers on Route 10 growing Flare to level 43.
    - Healed my squad at Lavender Town.
    - Beat every trainer in Route 8 making Flare grow to level 45.
    - Captured a Vulpix (after spending ages looking for one) in Route 7. Was going to name it "May". But since I acted like an idiot, I called it "M" instead.
    - Travelled back to Lavender Town just to re-name M to May.
    - Arrived in Celadon City and healed my Pokemons.

---

Current Badges: 3.
    Pokédex: 5
    Time: 4:48

Current Team:

May (Vulpix)
    Level 20
    Type: Fire
    HP: 50
    Attack: 25
    Defense: 23
    Speed: 37
    Special: 36
    Moves: Ember, Tail Whip, Quick Attack

Sandshrew (Cut Slave)
    Level: 14
    Type: Ground
    HP: 38
    Defense: 29
    Speed: 18
    Special: 16
    Moves: Scratch, Sand-Attack, Cut

Flare (Charizard)
    Level: 45
    Type: Fire/Flying
    HP: 141
    Attack: 107
    Defense: 101
    Speed: 116
    Special: 94
    Moves: Slash, Dig, Ember, Leer

---

Would have played it for longer... but since my PC is downstairs, not to mention my brother is home from work, I don't want him to see what I'm typing so I had to stop earlier. I'll probably update tomorrow.

Edit:

So there is no way you "caught" both in a red or blue. also IIRC you can't trade unless its for evolving

Actually, that's where your wrong.

Caterpie is possible to capture in Blue that's true. However, so is Weedle as well. The only difference is that Weedle is really rare in Blue (just as Caterpie is really rare in Pokemon Red). But they are obviously catchable in both games. Weedle just isn't catchable in Pokémon Yellow.

PokemonRockstar

old skool
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 19, 2012
    Edit:

Actually, that's where your wrong.

Caterpie is possible to capture in Blue that's true. However, so is Weedle as well. The only difference is that Weedle is really rare in Blue (just as Caterpie is really rare in Pokemon Red). But they are obviously catchable in both games. Weedle just isn't catchable in Pokémon Yellow.
    your right i just checked
    https://www.psypokes.com/rby/faqs.php

Sorry!

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • I should have known when i saw this trainer (attached) then the next one was nearly the same except it had no HP, got a nice EXP boost for nothing tho...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011

not true, it took me forever but i did find one, and in red if you go into the viridian forest one of the bug catchers DOES have a caterpie, there just realy rare in red.

ok update time. my paras and butterfree made quick work on misty, nothing much to say there. went to celedon city, got a bike vocher and went on the boat for cut. went back to cerulean and got a bike, went back and beat LT.surge, he was tough, its a good thing i taught my paras dig.

butterfree lvl.22
    sleep powder,whirlwind,confusion,poison powder

paras lvl.21
    scratch,stun spore,dig,leechlife

beedrill lvl.20
    poisonsting,cut,fury attack,twin needle

beedril lvl.20
    poisonsting,twin needle,furyattack,focus energy

beedril lvl.18
    poisonsting,stringshot,fury attack, focus energy

i need to get them higher.

wheres my signature?

Last edited:

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • Right, I am going to start again, AGAIN lol (I must have a glitchy game or something, nothing I cant get around)

And also, I can vouch for i stopped playing after crystal about the weedle thing, I am on Blue and I managed to catch a weedle, it did take ages though...

Update: I CBA to do it tonight, will start again tomorrow "YAWN"

Last edited:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    update time...
    well i beat erika, and that makes four badges, again, easy win with butterfree and parasect, now in saffron trying to figure out how to get in, need to train first though.

butterfree lvl.29
    sleeppowder,razorwind,confusion,poisonpowder

parasect lvl.28
    bodyslam,stun spore,dig,megadrain

beedrill lvl.30
    pin missle,twin needle,furyattack,rage

beedrill lvl.29
    double edge,twinneedle,furyattack,rage

scyther lvl.27 (took all my money and a bunch of time at the slots to get him...)
    quickattack,cut,focusenergy,doubleteam

HMSLAVE lvl.17
    tackle,teleport,sonicboom,flash

m gonna train

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • Time for another update!

-After rescuing Bill and beating Misty, I traveled south through the Underground Path to Vermillion. Oh, and taught Raticate Dig. That kid with the Butterfree was actually pretty easy to beat due to my Pokémon being over-leveled.
    -Got the Bike Voucher and rushed back to Cerulean to get my new Bicycle, then came back to Vermillion.
    -Boarded the S.S. Anne and fought all the trainers. Met up with BLUE and showed him what's up. Got HM01 from the captain and watched the ship set sail.
    -Lt. Surge appeared! Justin used Pwn Attack! Critical hit! It's super effective! Lt. Surge fainted! (Thank goodness for Dig!)
    -Rode bike all the way back to Cerulean, cut down the bush and headed for Rock Tunnel; only after defeating all the trainers along that route and going into the cave did I remember I needed Flash. So, back to Vermillion.
    -Went through Diglett's Cave, only to find out I needed to catch 2 more Pokémon to earn HM05; caught a Diglett and a Pidgey to meet this requirement (and put them in the PC).
    -Finally returned to Rock Tunnel. Fought all trainers inside. Pinball evolved into a Persian!
    -Now I'm in Lavender Town. And you know what that means: Name Rater! Raticate finally gets a nickname, Geronimo.
    -And that's where I stand for now.

Current team:
    Monotype Challenge-- Red/Blue

Moves: Quick Attack, Hyper Fang, Dig, Tail Whip

Moves: Peck, Fury Attack, Leer, Mirror Move

Moves: Bite, Bubblebeam, Pay Day, Screech

HM slave: Paras (Cut)

Last edited:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    aaand koga's outa here!!!!
    i just used my beedrill's pin missle attacks to wipe the floor with him, i know im going to have trouble with sabrina though, ive realy gotta stack my pokemon.

butterfree lvl.36
    sleep powder,psybeem,confusion,psychic

beedrill lvl.34 & 35
    pin missle,twin needle, fury attack, rage

scyther lvl. 33
    quickattack,cut,toxic,slash

parasect lvl.32
    bodyslam,stunspore,dig,megadrain

i have enslaved a mew to perform hm's and other...task for me

like i said im gonna get destroyed if i go after sabrina now, ive gotta train at least to lvl 50 each...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i beat sabrina, my scyther took them all out except for alakazam, butterfree finished it off.

going to trin and then gonna take out blain, im almost there guys, gonna be the first one here to finish it with only bugs!!!ill be in th hall of fame and one step closer to beating myrrhman!!!! watch your back.

Last edited:

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • Today:

Restarted challenge

Same names as before

Grinded BULBA to level 16 and he evolved into an IVYSAUR if you want to see I recorded it, forgot to turn super speed (grinding) off though so it is in sonic speed lol, reply if you want to see and have VBA

Edit: OMG just saved and it took like 2 seconds, I am getting to like this super speed...

UPDATE: Yess, just re caught NIDO and NIDA now just to grind them up some levels...

UPDATE 2: Just re caught WEEDRILL, now to grind him to level 16, omg this is tiring work lol

UPDATE 3: Ooops, just encountered a Pikachu and couldnt resist as I have heard they are rare, so i caught it, can they learn HMs??? If so I will use it as a HM slave...

PS. Yay I have post number 100 in this thread lol

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back