• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    ^Congrats. Do you have a quote you want immortalized? =]

TO beat Red, the best way is stalling.

That is a nice quote :)
    I will like to start a mono dark challenge.
    Since it is impossible to catch Dark pokemon until far in the game, can I transfer 6 egg to my Soulsilver version?

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I beat the E4!!

Will was destroyed by Scizow, Koga was done pretty easily as a group effort.

Bruno was the most disgusting battle I ever had to face in my life. Took me 4 tries to beat him.

Karen was the easiest. Though I had to do it twice because I turned off after get and didn't save. Oops. xD

Lance. Well, I had to teach Moose Thunder to beat Gyarados (lololol and it still didn't OHKO it either) bit the three Dragonites died with three Blizzards. Aerodactyl was onehitted by Moose, and Charizard went down to surf. OpalFruits did nothing. xD

Team:

OpalFruits the Scizor
    Level 51

X-Scissor
    Night Slash
    Rock Smash
    Bullet Punch

He is pretty good. Soloed Will, did a lot on Bruno and Karen, but nothing on Lance.

Moose the Aggron
    Level 49

Strength
    Thunder (used to be Return, but I needed Thunder to beat Lance. It will defintley change back to Return soon. xD
    Iron Head
    Earthquake

Oh, I love her so much. <3 she is amazing. My favorite. xD

Billy-Bob the Empoleon
    Level 51

Surf
    Brine
    Blizzard
    Hydro Cannon

Horrible moveset, I know. xD I will change when I can. But if I hadn't had him, I so woulda lost to Lance.

So that's it. Of to Kanto I head!

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Yeah polkop I'll allow it. I think I let Porygon Z do it for his challenges.

Go ahead. =]

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    Yeah polkop I'll allow it. I think I let Porygon Z do it for his challenges.

Go ahead. =]

Cool, I have already re-started my game and taken Cyndaquil as my first pokemon.
    I'm trying to beat Falkner as fast as I can, so I will be able to transfer my Dark pokemon soon.

Kurumi

Lonely Knife Dancer ; ;
    Years
    I'll do an update when I'll defeat Falkner.
    As far I know You can get eggs after getting pokedex =) Or at least after giving Elm the Egg.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    id like to join if u can still join.

Username: brownz boyz
    Type: Dark
    Version: Heart Gold
    um are u aloud to transfer eggs from other games?

LeeBee

♔✩♔
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    Just posting to say that my Ghost type challenge is on hold for a short while.
    Am annoyingly busy, and hardly getting any time to play (;へ:)

emoxy, I'm not actually a poke fanfic writer, but I have wrote a few things in the past. I'm glad you like my updates!

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    oh okay thank u rite now im about to start my challenge. and btw how many eggs can u import at once say for example can u import all 6 eggs at once?

Last edited:

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    Update on my Mono-dark challenge:
    - Take Cyndaquil as my first pokemon
    - Cyndaquil evolve into Quilava by battling the pokemon on my way to Falkner 0.o
    - I beat Falkner
    - I transfer my 6 pokemon dark egg
    - I make hatch all my 6 pokemon
    - I picked the 4 dark pokemon that are in jotho for my challenge

My team:
    Cacnea - Docile - Sand Veil - Lv 1
    - Poison Sting
    - Leer
    - Seed Bomb
    - Swords Dance
    (He gets egg move when I have breed it)

Sneasel - Naive - Inner Focus - Lv 1
    - Taunt
    - Ice Shard
    - Pursuit
    - Brick Break
    (He gets egg move when I have breed it)

Murkrow - Sassy - Super Luck - Lv 1
    - Peck
    - Astonish

Carvanha - Rash - Rough Skin - Lv 1
    - Leer
    - Bite

Larvitar - Timid - Guts- Lv 1
    - Bite
    - Leer

Houndoor - Quiet - Flash Fire - Lv 1
    - Leer
    - Ember

Years
    TO beat Red, the best way is stalling.

LOL! Sad that I didn't manage to beat Red in my bug challenge.. And I'm too lazy to try =P

Bruno was the most disgusting battle I ever had to face in my life. Took me 4 tries to beat him.

I totally like this comment. :D And Aerodactyl should have been pawned by Scizor =P

Just posting to say that my Ghost type challenge is on hold for a short while.
    Am annoyingly busy, and hardly getting any time to play (;へ:)

emoxy, I'm not actually a poke fanfic writer, but I have wrote a few things in the past. I'm glad you like my updates!

:) Keep it coming!

And woa SO MANY people are doing Dark type. Since I haven't officially started.. I'll give you a type tonight EJ, that's when I'll really really start><
    EJ, is it possible if I edit my rom file to include harder gym battles lol (just learned about it last week and thought it'll be fun..)

(and the forum just moved o.o)

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    I did the Ultimate Monotype Challenge when it came out, and now that there's HG/SS, can't hurt to try another challenge. Unfortunately, unlike UMC, I won't upload my gym battles, :S

I'll go on with Bugs. I remember Ledian was a BEAST in the classic, due to their ability to learn all the elemental punches. I'll go with SoulSilver, so I can get said Ledian :P

I'll be using an emulator, as I don't want to reset my SoulSilver save file, XD

One thing I want clarified though: Does changing the time on your DS count as "cheating"? I mean, I can understand if it involves getting the day siblings to appear when they shouldn't, but I'm more talking about how a lot of bug pokemon only appear in the morning, rather than night or daytime. XD

Last edited:

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    If I do the challenge with a Type with very few Pokemon and most of the Pokemon can only be obtained late in the game / after the Elite Four, can I change my starter to one of the Basic Pokemon [that are part of an evolutionary line] that are of the same type (i.e. If I do the Dark challenge, I'll replace Totodile with Sneasel or Larvitar, or if I do the Ghost type challenge, I'll replace Chikorita with Gastly or Misdreavus)?

Years
    Nah, keep the cheating at a minimum.

Hehe I'm actually making the challenge harder. But I think I'll do it the normal way (hence I'm dropping the idea). I'm finally back with my desktop and will be able to play through the games at blazing speed. XD

Name: Artix
    Type: Normal (Kangaskhan yay Kangaskhan)
    Version: Soul Silver

I'm restarting, but the earlier two updates should make sense anyway. :)

I'll go on with Bugs. I remember Ledian was a BEAST in the classic, due to their ability to learn all the elemental punches. I'll go with SoulSilver, so I can get said Ledian :P

One thing I want clarified though: Does changing the time on your DS count as "cheating"? I mean, I can understand if it involves getting the day siblings to appear when they shouldn't, but I'm more talking about how a lot of bug pokemon only appear in the morning, rather than night or daytime. XD

I think changing the time is allowed. Who wakes up at 6am to play anyway XD And Ledian has crap attack stat. ><

------------------------------

Pokemon HGSS Monotype Challenge V2!
    Update #3

- I caught a Sentret :) Named it Furry.. And guess what it can do!

- I don't remember Snorlax being easy to catch. Oops!

- Decided to rest at a friend's house :D

Furry, Level 6 Sentret
    Hasty/Run Away
    30/18/14/14/16/13
    - Scratch
    - Foresight
    - Defense Curl
    - Quick Attack

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Dr. Faustus, yes you may start with somebody else.

My "starter" was Seel for my ice challenge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back