• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I defeated janine and now I'm working my way up back to lavender town. Maybe I'll try to catch suicune. I'll update with my team in few minutes. Trying to get my own challenge started right now.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    Omg found letter appeared in my game and sent out lv. 17 billion pikachu! Oh wait, that's ash. Hey look it's a lv. 637268 reshirom! It evolved into magikarp at level 26373856! And there's more! Found letter attacked me in my sleep! Ya, make sense next time

Update, by tonight, I plan to be at the e4, I'll update in like, 2 hours

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Sorry that my updates are coming slow, but between work and coaching I have to squeeze time in just to play, don't worry though it will get done :).

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Sorry that my updates are coming slow, but between work and coaching I have to squeeze time in just to play, don't worry though it will get done :).

You're doing fine. I have challengers that haven't even updated since their entry post :S

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    • Went through the Union Cave and met some Hikers. I hate caves.
    • Finally got out of Union Cave after being a little lost for a few minutes.
    • Found this man arguing with a Rocket Grunt. Wait... ROCKET GRUNT? Didn't they disband after I defeated them in FireRed?
    • Went to Azalea town in search of Kurt.
    • Found Kurt's house. Time to make some balls! Wait, you mean I can't make them until later? D:
    • Followed Kurt to the Well and noticed a Rocket Grunt blocking the Gym's door.
    • Went inside the well and beat up some Rocket Grunts.
    • Met and battled Proton, a Rocket Executive. Too bad I can't ask him to let me join Team Rocket.
    • Currently running to Prof. Elm's lab because the Togepi Egg hatched.

Current Team:

Predator ♂ (named him Predator because he evolves into SharPEDO) Lv. 10
    ~Bite
    ~Leer
    ~RAGE

Kiro ♂ Lv. 16 (couldn't think of a better name)
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Faint Attack
    ~Screech
    ~Quick Attack

Gojira ♂ Lv. 16 (named him Gojira for obvious reasons)
    ~Dragon Dance
    ~Bite
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Rock Smash (damn you Steve for not being able to learn Rock Smash!!1!11!)

Chaw ♂ Lv. 7 (named him Chaw because of the Skuntank in PMD2)
    ~Scratch
    ~Focus Energy
    ~Poison Gas
    ~Screech

Eggbert ♂ Lv.1 (I gave it the name 'Eggbert' for obvious reasons)
    ~Growl
    ~Charm
    ~Extrasensory
    (Does he learn any HMs that Steve can't?)

Steve ♂ Lv. 6 (Steve. Crocodiles. Irwin.)
    ~Scratch
    ~Leer
    ~Water Gun

• Showed Eggbert to Elm and he gave me.. an everstone. I walk all the way here and he gives me an everstone. I hate you, Prof. Elm.

Last edited:

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
    Update time:

- arrived in Kanto
    - Beat lt. Surge ==> Machamp learned Earthquake and is was a piece of Cake
    - went to Saffron to challenge Sabrina. Her Espeon wiped my team out.
    - trained Julie to lv. 55 and fought her again. this time no problem thanks to Julie´s Mega Horn
    - went to the next city and fought Erika. She was no match for Chad Lee
    - cycled down to Fuchsia and fought Janine. Used Dig, Blaze Kick and Earthquake for the win
    - spent several hours on Routes 14 and 15 and found finally a Chansey with a Lucky Egg.
    - currently walking through rock tunnel

My team has no real changes. They are now all at leas lv. 57

@EJ

two Questions

are we allowed to trade in eggs of pokes that cannot be caught in the version we play? for example a vulpix, if we are doing a Fire Challenge on Heart Gold.

Are we allowed to trade Eevee and Magneton to D/P/Pl and evolve them there

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    lol you guys know that Letter is trolling, right?
    Also, @Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty, I think you mean New Bark Town, not Twinleaf Town.

Very interested in the challenge. I'll probably try when I finish my current SS run.

Years
    Ummmmm....What?? :P Forgive me if I don't have a clue what your talking about :/
    err, sorry about that.:(
    O.K. i'll explain a bit more
    -first i went to cherrygrove town
    -when i went up i found a cave.
    -i went in and found 3 pokemon in one battle which is very weird(no hallucination)all from pokemon black and white.they were glitched becouse they were over level 100.
    -i battled a trainer with 8 pokemon(no hallucination) all glitched again and some were from black and white again.
    -i found 3 masterballs
    -i saw 3 lugia with one with 1 on its chest one with 2 and one with 3.
    -i caught them in the masterballs. first the 2nd then the 1st then the 3rd.
    -the game froze
    -when it was restored missingno.s equal appeared, foundletter.
    -i caught it in a fast ball
    -my trainer card opened and i had all the badges
    -my D.S. ran out.
    P.S. IM NOT ON DRUGS!!:@

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    ^ obvious troll is obvious...

anyway... I BEAT RED!!!

sorry I haven't updated, haven't had a strong connection to the internet, so I'll do a breif summary of each GL and Red.

Lt. Surge: I soloed him with Moose. Each pokemon died in one hit from Earthquake

Sabrina- Also got soloed, but by OpalFruits. Espeon died with one X-Scissor, Mr Mime with two, and Alakazm with 3. Had about 17 HP after. xD

Erika- Almost soloed by Billybob. Blizzard hit four times, then he died, and OpalFruits had to finish.

Brock- Half of him was done by Moose, the other By BillyBob. xD

Misty- A group effort, and was the hardest so far.

Janine- Ack, easy. Moose destroyed her

Blaine- Moose+Earthquake= Rpic win. xD got owned by Moose.

Green- Ack, he was terrible! Had two attempts, and had to revive. xD

Now, for the ultimate trainer... Red!

Moose took out his Pikachu easily after Volt Tavkle thankfully missing! Scizor took out Snorlax and Lapras with Rovk Smah, though I had to revive because of giga impact!

Billy-Bob took out Venasaur with a no miss Blizzard (cause of the hail), and Charizard with a overkill Hydro Cannon.

Blastoise got taken out by Scizor.

Team

Moose the Aggron
    Level 68

Thunder
    Strength
    Iron Head
    Earthquake

Oh, I love her so much. She is my favorite for sure, and had beasy attack and defense.

OpalFruits the Scizor
    Level 70

X-Scissor
    Rock Smash
    Night Slash
    Bullet Punch.

Obviously amazing! xD no comment needed.

Billy-Bob the Empoleon
    Level 69

Surf
    Blizzard
    Hydro Cannon
    Horn Drill

My weakest link, but still amazing! Blizzard was my move of choice, ad I had fantastic luck with it.

And so, my challenge is finished. I had so much fun, and I have to say, steel types (which I used to hate) have now become one of my favorite types!

Years
    Haha, because I'm so overleveled, I've moved before everything but Electrode, XD Wasn't expecting Espeon to go before, XD

Lol I see. ~_~ My overleveled Mawile's also moving before everything in the solo run =P

lol you guys know that Letter is trolling, right?
    Also, @Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty, I think you mean New Bark Town, not Twinleaf Town.

Very interested in the challenge. I'll probably try when I finish my current SS run.

And he means Falkner, instead of Volkner. Too much DPPt eh?

err, sorry about that.:(
    O.K. i'll explain a bit more
    -first i went to cherrygrove town
    -when i went up i found a cave.
    -i went in and found 3 pokemon in one battle which is very weird(no hallucination)all from pokemon black and white.they were glitched becouse they were over level 100.
    -i battled a trainer with 8 pokemon(no hallucination) all glitched again and some were from black and white again.
    -i found 3 masterballs
    -i saw 3 lugia with one with 1 on its chest one with 2 and one with 3.
    -i caught them in the masterballs. first the 2nd then the 1st then the 3rd.
    -the game froze
    -when it was restored missingno.s equal appeared, foundletter.
    -i caught it in a fast ball
    -my trainer card opened and i had all the badges
    -my D.S. ran out.
    P.S. IM NOT ON DRUGS!!:@

LOL

And so, my challenge is finished. I had so much fun, and I have to say, steel types (which I used to hate) have now become one of my favorite types!

Yay Steel ftw :D

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    ^^ Steel types are defintley awesome... Though sometimes a little broken because of how many resitances they have... XD

this was definatly one of my most fun challenge, for sure. xD

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    • Showed Eggbert to Elm and he gave me.. an everstone. I walk all the way here and he gives me an everstone. I hate you, Prof. Elm.
    • Went back to Azalea Town and entered Ilex Forest.
    • Some guy asked me to catch the Farfetch'd.
    • Saw the bird, so I need to make it face away from that little opening? Piece o' cake.
    • Realized that... This forest is like a cave! Damn it!
    • Went back to Azalea Town and entered the Gym.
    • Beat up a few trainers in the Gym and challenged Bugsy.
    • Almost got defeated by Bugsy. My Pokemon were really underleveled because I had more Pokemon than an average trainer, making Exp distribution quite hard.
    • Went through Route 34, and found out the Day Care was there, as well as Lyra's grandparents. Lyra's   grandmother thought I was her boyfriend. Seriously, how can a 10-year old girl have a boyfriend?
    • Noticed that the Day Care is in Route 34. 34... 34... Rule 34? O_O
    • Entered Goldenrod. The city's so big that my emulator's lagging.
    • Went through the tunnel and fought some Super Nerds. I wish I could change my character's sprite to a Super Nerd sprite...
    • Played some Voltorb Flip just to pass some time.
    • Some guy asked me to take this mail to some guy who's in Route 31. I take out Eggbert to give Kenya a place in my team.
    • Battled a few trainers on the way to National Park.
    • Noticed a girl just standing there. Is that Cynthia?!

My Team:

Predator ♂ (named him Predator because he evolves into SharPEDO) Lv. 10
    ~Bite
    ~Screech
    ~Ice Fang
    ~Focus Energy

Kiro ♂ Lv. 18 (couldn't think of a better name)
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Faint Attack
    ~Screech
    ~Quick Attack

Gojira ♂ Lv. 18 (named him Gojira for obvious reasons)
    ~Dragon Dance
    ~Bite
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Rock Smash (damn you Steve for not being able to learn Rock Smash!!1!11!)

Chaw ♂ Lv. 17 (named him Chaw because of the Skuntank in PMD2)
    ~Scratch
    ~Scratch
    ~Headbutt
    ~Screech

Kenya ♀ Lv. 20
    ~Leer
    ~Fury Attack
    ~Pursuit
    ~Aerial Ace

Steve ♂ Lv. 6 (Steve. Crocodiles. Irwin.)
    ~Scratch
    ~Leer
    ~Water Gun
    ~Cut

• No, it wasn't Cynthia. Just some random MALE Bird Tamer that happened to look like Cynthia because of my poor eyesight.

Last edited:

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    Pwned rocket, now I'm so damn underlevveled, see, I'm at rocket goldenrod about to fight there boss, my team is currently ****

Nidorino lv. 24

Nidoqueen lv. 26

Onix lv. 25

Sandslash lv. 25

Quagsire lv. 32

Graveler lv. 37

I need to evolve nidorino, also pyrite was a pain, I had to use only quagsire cuz of his damn ice moves, any suggestions on training areas?!?!?

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    Oh, I've got a question.
    Is it alright for me to evolve Kiro into a Weavile even though I can't get a Razor Claw before the Elite Four at level 30?

Years

Sh-shut up the both of you. XD I WAS TIRED / JUST TESTING / THE MARTIANS MADE ME DO IT OKAYTHNX.

...Also I am a girl. :U

Ah, I apologize.

Pwned rocket, now I'm so damn underlevveled, see, I'm at rocket goldenrod about to fight there boss, my team is currently ****

Nidorino lv. 24

Nidoqueen lv. 26

Onix lv. 25

Sandslash lv. 25

Quagsire lv. 32

Graveler lv. 37

I need to evolve nidorino, also pyrite was a pain, I had to use only quagsire cuz of his damn ice moves, any suggestions on training areas?!?!?

Woah, you really have low levels. Judging by your current levels, you might want to try the route below Safari Zone; it's got pretty good Pokemon @ Tauros and Fearow, Levels 20-24 iirc (probably the highest you can get right now).

Or you could try Ice Cave, yes you can access that area before defeating Radio Tower, should be quite good.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    Kk, thx, I looked and the e4 is only Lv. 40-50, so I think I'll just super train my nidoqueen, graveler, and quagsire to take them out, and since I don't have a pokemon with fly and I'm stuck in goldenrod, how am I going to train? Oh well, I'll kill the rocket boss, then go to ice cave, and I'm so saving clair for later

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Sorry for not updating, spent the whole day grinding in preparation for Red. Anyway my Pokemon are kind of overleveled for where I should be at the moment now. But better safe than sorry. Don't want to turn up at Red with Pokemon 20 levels behind his :P

Edit: In case your wondering how I grinded I basically done the E4 over and Over again all day, So you can imagine how I didnt update :P

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back