• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    Well, after my long, awesome, drawn out reply was created, I accidentally closed out Firefox and forgot to copy the reply. Whoops. All you need to know is that I got past Chuck and Jasmine. Damn it though. I had tons of good jokes thrown in that summary too! Now the world will never know...

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    Once again I write this elaborate journal like thing and this site kills it....maybe next time but I'm making a small recap.

-Trained
    -Beat Sprout Tower
    -Beat Violet Gym
    -Got HM Rock Smash
    -Trained on the way to Union Cave
    -Caught first slave Sandshrew
    -Gave it Rock Smash
    -More training
    -Defeated Team Rocket and their scheme
    -Obliterated Azalea's Gym
    -Defeated Wesley...again
    -Got HM Cut...gave to Slave
    -Got Murkrow from pokewalker (my god I'm glad I remembered to bring the pokewalker to track practice with me)
    -Traded random pokemon for a Dodrio
    -Chain Bred to get a Murkrow with Drill Peck (Ditto, Murkrow and Dodrio were used)
    -Trained Murkrow
    -Explored Goldenrod
    -Beat Goldrenrod's Gym
    -Won bug contest with Venonat
    -Got delivery Spearow
    -Egg hatched
    -Got TM Rest
    -Show Elm Togepi and got everstone

Team:

Chaney/Murkrow
    Male/Lvl 23
    Insomnia
    -Night Shade
    -Haze
    -Drill Peck
    -Pursuit

Riza/Sneasel
    Female/Lvl 24
    Inner Focus
    -Screech
    -Fury Swipes
    -Faint Attack
    -Ice Punch

Karin/Corphish
    Female/Lvl 25
    Shell Armor
    -Bubblebeam
    -Harden
    -ViceGrip
    -Protect

Slaves:

Sandshrew
    Male/Lvl 6
    Sand Veil
    -Scratch
    -Defense Curl
    -Rock Smash
    -Cut

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
    Years
    Okay , So I :

-Finished sprout tower
    -Grinded Rattata And Sentret For Falkner
    -Defeated falkner
    -Received the Egg and ran through violet city to make it hatch
    -TOGEPI!
    -And i'm Currently training my team a bit.

Team :

Sentret Level 13
    Rattata Level 13
    Togepi Level 10

Manga

Manga Lover~
    Years
    My First update! ^^

-Named Character "Lyra"
    -Got Totodile
    -Beat Rival
    -Caught a Rattata & Pidgey.
    -Traded Them to Diamond for my 2 eggs.
    -Eggs Hatched to Beldum & Riolu.
    -Lost to Falkner.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    Well, seeing as I now have a rival for the Normal-type Mono-Challenge, I figure I better start updating on a near-daily basis again, so here's my update. Sorry about the delay though. I was wrestling with DeSmuME for an hour last night, trying to get all my DS ROMS to open with DeSmuME rather than no$gba. What a pain that was.

• Grabbed my trusty Cut and Flash slave, Bellsprout, and my insane Surf killer croc, Totodile, out of the PC boxes I dropped them in and put them in my party. Miltank and Togetic are sitting this one out.
    • ...Found a Raikou in the tall grass. No, I am not shitting you. After a single day of running, Raikou decided to chill out just barely south of Ecruteak. Almost caught it too, with the first Ultra Ball I threw. Got three shakes before it burst out. Not like it would have mattered though, since I can't use it anyway.
    • Trekked back to the Bike Shop, because I lost my last Bicycle.
    • Rode my Bicycle all the way back to Violet City, made a right turn, and entered Dark Cave.
    • After entering Dark Cave, I realized that my sprite self was gone. Not gone as in dead, but he's invisible now. That makes traversing this damn cave a real *****. Thank God for Max Repels.
    • Oh ****ing son of a **** eating dick! I need Strength now!? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!? What, did Game Freak decide that they are going to keep Teddiursa from everyone until after Olivine? This is real ****ing ********. I dragged my ass to Violet City for nothing.
    • On Route 37, I found Entei. Are you just ****ing kidding me now? What am I gonna find next, a ****ing Latias? Ultra Ball didn't catch it, it ran away, and I still don't give a ****.
    • Went back to Route 38, and beat every Trainer there, because I know they had a hand in denying me my Teddiursa.
    • Got a call from the Bike Store Manager, saying that, since I gave him a lot of advertisement, he's been selling a lot more Bicycles. He said he was going to give me a gift, and then tells me the Bicycle was the gift. Are you serious? I was going to keep this Bike regardless of whether or not you got good business from it. I want my cut of the profits, you parasitic-prick!
    • ...Damn ROM crashed on me again. You know what? **** the Bicycle this time, and **** Teddiursa. I'm not going through that ******** again, ever. Teddiursa can wait until Blackthorn, and if it can't, it can go **** itself. Stupid ****ing ROM.
    • Met Silver again. I'm so tempted to just knock him out with Tauros and dump his body in the ocean. Not like anyone would miss him, the little bastard that he is.
    • ****ing emulator closed out on me for no reason, so I'm stopping for the day before I become so enraged that I destroy my computer. I'm not posting my team this update either.
    Edit: Stupid damn server was busy. Today is just not a good damn day for me. That better turn around quick, or I'm going to have so serious ****ing rage-fits. The ones that involve me having to stand before a judge and plead insanity.

Sorry to hear all that, but there's some good news. If you try to go into Mt Mortar a hiker comes out and gives you strength, so there is no need to go to
    Olivine. =D

Also, is it okay to trade over a Houdour egg...I just realized that it couldn't be caught before the Elite 4.

Update:

-Saved Kimono girl from some random rocket grunt and met the all famous Bill.
    -Caught an eevee, or rather got one from Bill. While leaving town Lyra's grandpa caught up to me and told me about a way to get an eevee that knew Wish. Don't know why I would want that to happen, but he told me to go catch a female Girafarig while I left the eevee with ditto and to train Togepi along the way, while holding the soothe bell. I think he's up to one of those breeding games again...and I'm the guinea pig once again...

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
    Years
    I'm gonna start a Fighting run on HG later tonight. I'll probably update tomorrow, where I should have at least 2 badges, since I have the day off school.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Yeah kerjo, bring in the houndour egg (Im doing the same). As for the items, Id allow it (razor claw, etc.)

Where'd you get murkrow? I need one lol

Last edited:

Kurumi

Lonely Knife Dancer ; ;
    Years
    First I'd like to say hello to everyone,because this is my first post. I'll do the ROCK monotype challange.

• Started ROM,named myself Kurumi<coolnotehere>.

• Got everything from Mom and Chikorita named Leaf Boy because it's male.

• Going to catch Adamant Geodude.
    Ok I have a simple question can I catch Pokemon just to fill Pokedex and get tools from Aides?

PS.I'll edit this post

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    You can get a murkrow from the fifth pokewalker course, which is why I brought the pokewalker and my ds to track with me. It only costs 500 watts so it shouldn't be too hard to get.

Also thanks for allowing the items and Houndour egg!

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Add me to the Bug List. ^_^
    Never tried using Bug pokemon Before.
    Think i'll give it a try.

To be honest, I haven't decided what to use for my Team yet. So it'll be updated as i collect.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    First I'd like to say hello to everyone,because this is my first post. I'll do the ROCK monotype challange.

• Started ROM,named myself Kurumi<coolnotehere>.

• Got everything from Mom and Chikorita named Leaf Boy because it's male.

• Going to catch Adamant Geodude.
    Ok I have a simple question can I catch Pokemon just to fill Pokedex and get tools from Aides?

PS.I'll edit this post

Yes, you can catch for your pokedex. It's better if you just write new posts so we can all see your updates.

I'll add in the new challengers soon.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022

Giratina is a Legendary Pokemon, therefore, it is excluded from the challenge. If you wanted to import something like Dratini or Bagon (or Swablu), then I'm sure .EJ wouldn't mind. But Legendaries? I doubt it.

Indeed, thanks for answering his question.

Anyways, Rule 11 should clarify that for anybody.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Currently Working on my Bug-Type team. ^-^
    Caught my Spinarak.

Hunting the Others at the beginning of the game.
    An hour in and just beat Joey.
    Yeah, Long time, I know.
    Accidently left my Game running while i searched through my SoulSilver / HeartGold Walkthrough book at the Pokedex section, Scanning what bug type i want. ^_^

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I've added everybody...if I missed someone then please say so.

Kurumi

Lonely Knife Dancer ; ;
    Years
    Thanks for replying EJ.

• After big problems with ROM and searching for Geodude I changed ROM and started again. Fought with only one trainer,need exp for my Onix and Geodude.Everything has gone fine,caught Hasty Geodude with Rock Head.
    • Caught a Bellsprout so I can trade it for Onix.
    • Traded Bellsprout,went to PokeCenter,game didn't crash,yay! My Onix has Hasty nature too,but his ability is Sturdy.Speedy Rock Team anyone?
    • Oopsie,some problems occured again.. Good I could save in-game,everything is fine now! ^_^
    • Going back to train my Geodude,I need a badge to train Onix.
    • Became friend with Wade,he gave my Geodude free 2 levels!
    • Succesfully battled 2 trainers whose I left behind when going to get Geodude.
    • Heading back to Town,Geodude learned Rock Polish,yay!
    • Ran away from dangerous Bellsprout,yuck! Again!
    • Came back to Town,yay!
    • Wanted to take Gym Challenge before Sprout Tower... It'll be hard.
    • Vine Whip hits really weak on lvl 8 Geodude! I 2OHKO Bellsprouts,yay.
    • Level 10 ^_^
    • Geodude Level 11,forgot how to use Tackle and learned how to use Rock Throw!
    • Sprout Tower is easier than I thought!
    • Double miss when fighting versus Elder.. Good that his Bellsprout went for Growth!
    • Yay,won! Level 14 Geodude! ^__^
    • Escape Rope,Pokecenter and Gym!
    • Boosting Onix through Gym.
    • Rocky's Screech helped my Geodude to kill Pidgeotto with style,go go ROCK TYPE!
    • Woo Geodude learned Magnitude!

• Gym beaten,got egg,goooing to Azalea Town! Stay tuned!
    Hope You like it.

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    --Update, day 4.
    Alright, I'm back. But, I need to do a lot of grinding, because the only one over level 30 is Pory, and the rest are 25 and lower, I believe. So, yeah, I tried to fight Jasmine but failed since I forgot that her Magnemites could Paralyze me quite easily. (And, If I didn't post it earlier, I wiped out Chucks team with Aerial Ace.)

Urgh, getting these guys to level 35 is hard... I'll tough it out, though. (Just a sidenote, I'm getting a laptop soon, so if for some reason I haven't completed the game by then, there will be more updates.)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back