• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    HaHa, Gina finally came through and i got my leafstone.

UPDATE!

I landed on cianwood quickly and began to explore. oh my god. It's suicune. I watched it run off across the waves and turned around to face none other than eusine. He prattled on about suicune being awesome, and then decided to battle me. I slaughtered him. It was fun! Anyway, I ran back to the pokemon center and healed before entering the gym.

"CHUCK! CHUUUUUUUUCKKK! DUDE!"

It was no use, I was going to have to find a way to hit that switch...And after about 20 minutes of battling gym trainers, I had turned off the switch. I ran back down the slippery ladder and challenged Chuck to a battle. about 2 hours later (5 rematches) I had his badge. HaHA! I turned back to olivine and headed off.

I quickly ran to the top of the lighthouse and gave the medicine to amphy, whilst crossing my fingers. I released a sigh of relief when its light blinded me and I nodded to jasmine. It was time.

After a fairly short battle that consisted of 4 digs, I had a new badge ;D. TO MAHOGANY!

When I got to mahogany, i decided to do some sightseeing, and went to the lake of rage. OMG! RED GYARA!
    Oops...I killed it. When I got back on land, a guy with red hair told me to meet him at the shop. I nodded and followed him.
    Lance and i cleared out the team rocket base quickly, before defeating the 6 electrode. I thanked lance for his help, and proceeded to pryce's place.

Might i just say, FIRE BLAST FTW! HaHa. It was an AWESOME TM, and I taught it to nina. She slaughtered nearly everyone in that gym. heheh. After i left, Elm called me frantically and told me to investigate the radio tower.

When i got there, i fought my way up and defeated petrel. He gave me the key card and i saved the director. he told me to finish team rocket off. i nodded.

Without any effort, i defeated proton and ariana, and then i had a bit of trouble with their leader. I defeated him in the end though, and it was awesome!

Next stop, Dragons...!

(Gina called me about halfway through the team rocket ordeal and gave me a leafstone!)

Team:
    Pokemon:

Buffy:

LV 31
    Confuse Ray, Bite, Shadow ball, Fly

Nina:

Lv 37
    Surf, Blizzard, Thunder, Dig

Audrey:

Lv 30
    Vine whip, Poison powder, Acid, Sleep powder

Huggy

lv 30
    Acid, Bubblebeam, Wrap, water pulse

Lucy

Lv 30
    Glare, Acid, Crunch, iron tale

Pinz

lv 30
    Pursuit, Pin missile,U-turn, Focus energy

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
    Time to update ^w^

• Reached Azalea Town
    • Seen a man in a black suit punch someone then he blocks the entrance to the well D=
    • Not wanting to start anything with people i didnt know, i walked into town ignoring what just happened.
    • I happened to see the house of the Legendary pokeball maker, Kurt, so i go inside to see if he would make some for me
    • But instead he says something about Team Rocket, and then storms off to the well alone. I chase after the senile old man. Hes going to get hurt.
    • I get to the place where the Rocket was, and notice its empty, so i trek down to the well to see, and no ones there, so i climb down into the well
    • Oh.. Kurt... hes dea- wait no hes alive. Back hurts though... stupid fool fell down, now i got to go in his place.. this is what i get for being nice.
    • I fight my way through the Rocket Grunts, they are not even worth spitting at.
    • I get to Proton, he tells me who he is, and then explains that hes the "Meanest" Rocket member, oooh this is gonna be fun
    • Damn it, hes weak too. If hes the meanest, Team Rocket isnt worth the breath.
    • Kurt takes me to his home and gives me a Fast Ball as an award, I R TTLY SO HPPY
    • Afterwards i go and train up my pokemon alittle, then i challenge Bugsy's Gym.
    • I fight through the Gym, taking down every trainer for experience, then i fight the Leader
    • he gives me quite a fight, his Scyther and its U-Turn was devastating to me, i took out his Metapod and Kakuna so easily, but Scyther was another story, downing all my team except Riolu, and i lucked out with Counter, after almost getting one-shotted by U-Turn. Woo 'nother badge!
    • Went out and fought my Rival, Silver. Only challenge was his defensive Bayleef.
    • I got into the forest, and found the Far'fechtd
    • Went and taught Headbutt, from the crazy fat dude, to Poliwag and Shroomish. Poliwag was lacking a physical attack and i needed something on Shroomish that wasnt a grass-type and was stronger than Tackle.
    • Went back into Azalea town, headbutting alot of trees for that ever allusive Heracross. Finally found one and caught it, Heracross added to team! :D
    • Fought my way through Illex Forest and Route 34, got to Goldenrod!
    • Visited Name Raters House, grinded on Route 34 and 35, got Bicycle, and then went to challenge Whitney.
    • Beat all of Whitneys lackies, then went after her
    • I took down Clefairy with Shroomish, and then out comes Miltank, To be safe i sent out Riolu (then at level 25)
    • -Miltank somehow outspeeds me (i mean wtf?!) and uses attract. Not wanting to deal with this i switched to Heracross (at the time level 10) and he was knocked out by a stomp (was hoping for something like a start of a Rollout combo, no such luck) so i sent back out Riolu, and she uses Attract AGAIN!.. Argh, so i withdraw Riolu and send out Shroomish, and I Leech Seed her, then i get in one Seed Bomb, before she 2HKOs me with Stomp
    • --I send out Riolu again, and she uses Attract again... so i say screw it, and use force palm, luckily i wasnt immobilized, and i OHKOd her Miltank
    • Woo badge number three!!
    • Double Woo, Riolu evolved into Lucario!
    • After, i get the Squirtbottle, then i go and attack Sudowoodo, i knock it out and continue onto Ecruteak City, and I head to the Dance Studio, and fight off the Rocket, Then after obtaining the (atm unuseable) HM Surf, i head out east of Ecruteak City, to Mt.Mortar.
    • I walk around inside the first cavern (after getting bumped into by the Hiker who gives you Strength, and I find a Machop! I capture it and headed on my way back to Goldenrod, since I forgot to name the Machop.
    • And now im Currently grinding up my team (levels are wack yo)
    Badges:

Team:

Airen, the Lucario (M)
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Bold Nature, Level 27
    -Force Palm
    -Quick Attack
    -Vacuum Wave
    -Screech

Brehlum, the Breloom (M)
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Quirky Nature, Level 23
    -Headbutt
    -Seed Bomb
    -Mach Punch
    -Leech Seed

Baubau, the Poliwag (M)
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Brave Nature, Level 21
    -Headbutt
    -Body Slam
    -Water Gun
    -Hypnosis

Stag, the Heracross (M)
    Ability: Guts
    Bashful Nature, Level 12
    -Headbutt
    -Leer
    -Horn Attack
    -Endure

Jinta, the Machop (M)
    Ability: No Guard
    Naive Nature, Level 15
    -Leer
    -Focus Energy
    -Karate Chop
    -Foresight

(Any suggestions for the sixth spot?)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Cool, bring in a few eggs since your type is scarce.

I'll sign you up.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    - Haven't done much,just got the Rising Badge from the Dragon Den
    - Also caught a Dratini! It took like ten balls :/

TEAM:

Flounder/Quagsire @ Amulet Coin
    Female/lvl. 42
    - Surf
    - Amnesia
    - Yawn
    - Earthquake

No new comment.

Dune/Nidoking @ Quick Claw
    Male/lvl. 40
    - Horn Attack
    - Rock Smash
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Iron Tail

No new comment

Grimwald/Golem @ Hard Stone
    Male/lvl. 41
    - Tackle
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Throw
    - Self Destruct

No new comment.

Manny/Piloswine @ Exp. Share/NeverMeltIce
    Male/lvl. 35
    - Powder Snow
    - Icy Wind
    - Strength
    - Mud Bomb

No new comment.

HM Slaves: Chikorita (Cut/Flash), Farfetch'd (Fly), Tentacruel (Whirlpool)

BADGES: 8

Years
    I was actually planning to trade in eggs, but I'm not able to. My Pearl game is still lost so I was planning to find out where I could find my first Dark-type Pokemon. That said, I've already started so I can find one as soon as possible.

Edit: Okay, I cannot find a single Dark-type Pokemon that can be found early on. I guess I'll switch to the Poison-type now.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Alright I'll update the list.

As for my challenge I'm grinding Buo and Rattaking to battle Scyther with more ease.

Years
    Sweet! I've already made some progress. I caught a Zubat in the Dark Cave. Going to challenge the first gym at the moment.

Edit: I've just finished battling the first gym leader, but I've already cheated at this. It was simply impossible to do this with a level 11 Zubat so I had Cyndaquil to help a WHOLE lot. All it knew was Leech Life, Supersonic, and Astonish. I could not have done it with just that so can I have a little mercy this once?

Last edited:

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    Sweet! I've already made some progress. I caught a Zubat in the Dark Cave. Going to challenge the first gym at the moment.

Edit: I've just finished battling the first gym leader, but I've already cheated at this. It was simply impossible to do this with a level 11 Zubat so I had Cyndaquil to help a WHOLE lot. All it knew was Leech Life, Supersonic, and Astonish. I could not have done it with just that so can I have a little mercy this once?

Meh, personally, I think you deserve some leniency. Poison can be a real ***** to train in the beginning, considering that you don't get many strong Poison-type Pokemon at the beginning of the game. You get Weedle, Spinarak, and Zubat, if I recall. Not exactly 'star players', if you catch my drift. However, it seems like no one else that took on the Poison-type Challenge had this problem, so I'm not too sure.

Regardless, the decision is out of my hands. At most, I can advise .EJ, but I won't make decisions behind his back, just like how he (hopefully) wouldn't go behind mine. The ball's in .EJ's court, so you'll just have to wait for him to give the final word.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Nah it's all pardoned. Just make sure to drop off cyndaquil unless he's an HM slave. Oh and arcelio you can drop the "." on my username, it's only there because the limit for an username was three letters when I signed up lol =]

anyhoo, update!

I challenged Bugsy when Buo and Rattaking were at lvl 16. Unfortunately that match went horrible so I knew grinding was in store for me. I went outside and grinder them each 4 levels. I did that so they would both evolve. With a Noctowl and Raticate in hand, I took on bugsy and my rival, Faquan, easily.

Rattaking the Jolly Raticate
    Level 21, Female

-Headbutt
    -Quick Attack
    -Bite
    -Sucker Punch

Buo the Naive Noctowl
    Level 21, Male

-Uproar
    -Peck
    -Reflect
    -Hypnosis

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years

Poison type is hard man. When I started off i had a level 3 weedle, and the second I caught it i dropped my toto off. Poison is a PAIN to train, and it took me three hours to train my weedle to lvl 10 and evolve it, but I also caught a bellsprout, Zubat, and Ekans, all of which can be caught directly outside of violet.

It just requires a ton of grinding, and it helped once i was high enough to OHKO weedles. Also, poison types in sprout tower = :D

And you can catch gastly IN sprout tower. (5 poison types RIGHT THERE!)

torcoal

Ketsu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2013
    I'm currently clearing out my SS to start a mono-type challenge.
    Planned stuff.

Name:B333
    Version:SoulSilver
    Type:Psychic

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I'll sign torcoal up, and yeah pika, grindin' is the name of the game. If you don't put the effort, then you're not gonna be successful in this challenge.

That was nice of you to offer advice =]

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    No problem EJ. I was glad to help. Although I need to grind a bit more, The kimono girls (Mainly the Espeon owner) Are kicking my butt. I need to follow my advice a bit more. Mmm, I'll have an update sometime tommorrow.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Alright, I'll be looking forward to how you overcome Espeon. I kinda feel bad for you when it comes to Will and Sabrina later on xD

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    HaHa.
    Thanks for the support. I'm hoping that I can outspeed them and crunch them to death when Buffy finally learns crunch.
    Also, good luck with your challenge. What badge are you on?

(I say we switch this convo to VM. We don't want to clog up the thread too much.)

Years
    Thanks for the exception. And now for an update!

I was down in Route 32 fishing for a little bit. Hoping to catch a rare Tentacool, I find a Magikarp instead. I decided to run away, but quite surprisingly I was unable to. I decided to attack and found it it was faster than Zubat! I couldn't stand it so I just kept attacking it. It took quite a few hits to get rid of it, so I went on. I had also found a quite lively fisherman to battle. It was good training for Gastly. By the way, Goldeen are tough when you have a level 11 Ghost Pokemon.

Going to the next Pokemon Center I healed my Pokemon there. I went back out and kept on grinding. Gastly was rather simple because of the lack of damage from Normal-type attacks. Had to go back to the center a lot because of Mareep paralysis. I battled another trainer who had a male Nidoran. I was somewhat jealous, because of how much I wanted one...

Moving on to training my Spinarak, I had a much harder time doing that. I ran into a bird trainer which was a goldmine for Spinarak. Thinking my Spinarak was still underleveled I went into Union Cave. I soon found a Zubat that was a lower level than my Spinarak. I continued my walk through the Cave.

Current team:
    Zubat
    Male, lvl 13
    -Leech Life
    -Supersonic
    -Astonish
    -Bite

Zubat, I've realized, is quite an amazing Pokemon. It's a very good Pokemon and is worth it to train. Looking forward to that Crobat I'll get.
    Gastly
    Male, lvl 13
    -Hypnosis
    -Lick
    -Spite
    -Mean Look

Ghost Pokemon seem like the hardest to harm in certain situations. I'll rely on this Pokemon for those times when all my other Pokemon just don't seem to survive certain attacks.
    Spinarak
    Female, lvl 8
    -Poison Sting
    -String Shot
    -Scary Face
    -Constrict

Bug Pokemon, seemingly the weakest type of Pokemon. Vastly underestimated from what I've seen. Spinarak is a temporary Pokemon. When I get Weedle that'll replace Spinarak. Until then, this is all I've got.
    Geodude(HM slave)
    Male, lvl 2
    -Tackle
    -Defense Curl
    -Rock Smash

Can't really say anything at all other than "soon to be loaded with HM moves"

I'll probably give an update tomorrow. I'll probably have beaten Bugsy (Oh god...) by then. I probably won't have a good enough move to take out an onslaught of Bug Pokemon so Zubat is going to be used the most.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2011
    I'm out of this, can't continue anymore. Bored out of my brains on this Fire Challange. May trie again another time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back