• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    Wow. A 1% encounter rate?

That's preeettty rare. It seemed like a 20% encounter rate, but maybe I'm just lucky.

Also:

*I was just playing my Normal Monotype on SS and I encountered a shiny Hoothoot. This is before you get Pokeballs, so I was forced to run away. That was actually my 3rd legit shiny encounter ever. =)*

1% random encounter. By that I mean walking around. It's as common as Pidgey or whatever while crushing rocks. Edit: Yes, there is. Rock Smash gives you a 4 - 8 level Dunsparce, running around gives you a level 4 one. And I'm complaining since I can't even use Rock Smash yet.

*Related to shinies, I've seen 2 shiny Geodudes so far, but I didn't bother catching, since I don't want to waste 2 Pokeballs on Pokemon I really don't need. :P*

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    Dark Cave*. ._. No badges, my team is a level 4 Pidgey named Air.

Ohhhh, now I get why you can't just Rock Smash to get a Dunsparce...nevermind, then.

Anyways, I'm currently at Sprout Tower with my Sentret (Ringtail) and Spearow (Ace), both level 7.

EDIT: I never thought Dunsparce was a particularly GOOD Pokemon. Is there any advantages with it?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Steel Mono-Type Challenge (Chapter 1)

Hello EJ, I be doing a Steel Mono-Type Challenge :)

I will start with a Beldum that i gotten from the Winner Path (i spend a lot of time on this)

Update #1

- Picked Chikorita as my starter (using it as HM slave)
    - Done the usual thing get a egg and pass the egg back to Prof. Elm (What is he thinking? asking a 10 yr old child to do all the dirty work for him)
    - Fight my Rival along & Name it Paul (Been watching too much pokemon anime)
    - Gotten my Beldum from the Winner Path =D (Okay Chikorita you done a great job till date - you will spend the rest of the game learning HM skill now)

Update #2

- Reached Violet City (Fought a few trainer along the way & lucky for me all their attack is weak and usual against Beldum who have clear body)
    - Sweep Sprout Tower with ease & Gotten TM Flash (Saw my Rival Whopped the Old Elder at Sprout Tower & what i did? i decided to Join in the Fun and Whopped him again)
    - Next Stop Violet Gym & Falkner (Only 2 Pokemon ? I mean Most trainer have 6 pokemon i guess that Bird Pokemon just don't fly pass this City a lot)
    - Collect TM Roost & Zephyr Badge
    - Rush through Route 22 & my target is Union Cave (Yay time to add another Pokemon to my Steel Team)
    - Caught Onix & i saw a Random Flamethrower Fatso trying to sell me stuff that he have (something caught my eye - A Metal Coat)
    - I Trade Onix with some random guy that i meet in Pokemon Centre & it Evolve into Steelix (Welcome to my team - Guess that a Nasty Looking Snake will be a useful bodyguard for a 10 yr child trying to travel around alone)

Badge 1/16
    Current Team
    Beldum Lv 14 (Steel/Psychic)
    Steelix Lv 14 (Steel/Ground)

Last edited:

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    Ohhhh, now I get why you can't just Rock Smash to get a Dunsparce...nevermind, then.

Anyways, I'm currently at Sprout Tower with my Sentret (Ringtail) and Spearow (Ace), both level 7.

EDIT: I never thought Dunsparce was a particularly GOOD Pokemon. Is there any advantages with it?

Well, I want it because I just love Dunsparce, but it's ability Serene Grace is amazing, and makes all chances of special effects (Paralyzing with Thunder, Flinching with Headbutt, etc) doubled.

Edit: Well, I guess that's WHY I love it. Well, that and I used it in my first playthrough of Gold ever, so it's "special" to me. :l

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    Well, I want it because I just love Dunsparce, but it's ability Serene Grace is amazing, and makes all chances of special effects (Paralyzing with Thunder, Flinching with Headbutt, etc) doubled.

Edit: Well, I guess that's WHY I love it. Well, that and I used it in my first playthrough of Gold ever, so it's "special" to me. :l

Ohhh. Well. I might get one later once I get Rock Smash.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011

You are indeed correct.

How do you explain this magical Metal Coat, sir?

I was just trying to add in some story line that how i gotten Metal Coat since i dont like to said i gotten Metal Coat from my Other Game sav :X

i go edit a bit on this

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    Hello, I be doing a Steel Mono-Type Challenge :)

Update #1

- Picked Chikorita as my starter (using it as HM slave)
    - Done the usual thing get a egg and pass the egg back to Prof. Elm (What is he thinking? asking a 10 yr old child to do all the dirty work for him)
    - Fight my Rival along & Name it Paul (Been watching too much pokemon anime)
    - Gotten my Beldum from the Winner Path =D (Okay Chikorita you done a great job till date - you will spend the rest of the game learning HM skill now)

Um...also, you need at least two Pokemon to send one to the Pokewalker. Did you, by chance, have more than one Pokemon? Because all it says is that you got a Chikorita, then you magically got a Beldum.

Ehehe...I just like poking holes in people's updates...sorry =P

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    YA Aquerex i just skipped all those Um. .Caught a pokemon and send to Pokewalker etc- In fact i want to start this Steel the day Winner's Path is available it just that i spend a lot of Time on it . I trade a Fighting Pokemon from my other Sav to shorthen the process also in case you are interested too.

It okay for question hehe i will tend to add in a lot of "fake" info in the update hoping to make it slight interesting :x

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    YA Aquerex i just skipped all those Um. .Caught a pokemon and send to Pokewalker etc- In fact i want to start this Steel the day Winner's Path is available it just that i spend a lot of Time on it . I trade a Fighting Pokemon from my other Sav to shorthen the process also in case you are interested too.

It okay for question hehe i will tend to add in a lot of "fake" info in the update hoping to make it slight interesting :x

Ok, that clears things up, thanks.

Anyway, I just beat Sprout Tower on my Normal Challenge.

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    UGH. FINALLY FOUND DUNSPARCE. Phew. I think this playthrough will be similar to the last one, where almost my entire party was female, which is what it's starting to look like now. (Not that I have a problem with that, it's just a bit weird in my opinion.)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! RUN AWAY ABILITY. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    UGH. FINALLY FOUND DUNSPARCE. Phew. I think this playthrough will be similar to the last one, where almost my entire party was female, which is what it's starting to look like now. (Not that I have a problem with that, it's just a bit weird in my opinion.)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! RUN AWAY ABILITY. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!

Caught a Ditto @ Route 34 i think & Breed it - it will faster than 1% rate i think :)

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    Caught a Ditto @ Route 34 i think & Breed it - it will faster than 1% rate i think :)

Yeah, I guess that's true, but I don't want to fight the first gym with just a Pidgey. :( Nor do I want to catch a Rattata or Noctowl.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011

Yeah, I guess that's true, but I don't want to fight the first gym with just a Pidgey. :( Nor do I want to catch a Rattata or Noctowl.

Out of the Three i suggest using Noctowl - At least till after 1st Gym - Or you can grind on the 1% or in fact 0.5% when you consider it have 2 abilities.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back