• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
Years
  • I probably will, I had fun while it lasted. Don't think I'll do grass again though, Falkner was, if you read my posts, annoying. Yeah, I calmed down. :P

yeah, as annoying as Bugsy and Morty...Pryce and Yasmine won´t be nice either...but your decision means i have the chance to be the first grass champ:P

anyway...update´s coming when i found a way past morty´s shadow ball- spamming Gengar

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    yeah, as annoying as Bugsy and Morty...Pryce and Yasmine won´t be nice either...but your decision means i have the chance to be the first grass champ:P

anyway...update´s coming when i found a way past morty´s shadow ball- spamming Gengar

Grr, I may take up grass again just to get at you :P Nah still grieving.

The one thing I would suggest is levelling Eevee to 19 or so to get it to learn Bite. :)

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I found all both the farfetch'd. Got through the forest, battled some trainers and Asuka evolved! Battled some more trainers in Goldenrod and Kael evolved! I changed my pokemon's names, Asuka is ariados and Kael is haunter. Got the radio card and defeated Whitney easily. I defeated sudoowoodo and now I'm on my way to burned tower to catch a koffing.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Beat whitney got the badge
    Did a bug catching contest to level up red
    I lost the bug catching contest mainly cause i did not catch anything
    kept pressing forward got rid of the sudowoduo that was in my way killed it with a water gun or two from aqua
    Kept going forward arrived in Ecruteak City
    Arrived Went to the tower fought my rival Won easily
    Got all the dogs to leave
    Beat all the trainer is the tower and left
    Decided to train a bit before Morty

Had a huge change of team
    Current Team

Lv 28 Waterblast
    Scratch
    Bite
    Water Gun
    Ice Fang

Lv 25 Red ( i love red he is so strong)

ViceGrip
    Metal Claw
    Stomp
    Bubblebeam

Lv 24 Aqua
    Body Slam
    Double Slap
    hypnosis
    Water Gun

twinsandvikes777

Power Trainer
    Years
  • Beat the Mahogany TR hideout then proceeded to beat the stuffing out of Pryce with my fighting types. Afterwards, got a call from Prof. Elm and headed off to Goldenrod to take on the tedious TR once again. I defeated them and am currently grinding in Ice Path :P

Years
  • Man, so many updates I can't finish reading!

Yup it is, feel free to start updating. When EJ's online he'll update you.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    @ Obsidian Judge- signing up is always going on. Welcome to the challenge. EJ will put you on the list as soon as he is on.

Update- At burned tower now battling my rival. Caught a koffing and changed my mind about wanting it in my party. I'm happy with just Asuka and Kael. Going to defeat Morty next.

Actually I kind of want koffing in my party. I think I'll go to the pokeathalon and get some rare candy to help level up koffing. Here I go to train my koffing that I named Naoko, she's a girl.

Last edited:

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
  • Grr, I may take up grass again just to get at you :P Nah still grieving.

The one thing I would suggest is levelling Eevee to 19 or so to get it to learn Bite. :)

too late... evolved it to Leafeon first to have it learn Razor Leaf. Afterwards it seems to be not my best decision.

Here´s Flowers Journey Diary, Part IV

I organized the Squirtbottle and destroyed Sudowoodoo. I walked to Ecruteak and meet this cool dude Bill in the Pokecenter. I visited him in Crybaby town and he gave me an Eevee, i named it Gideon. I called a friend if he could evolve it for me. Five minutes later, I had a Leafeon in my hands. I went back a took a look inside the bourned Tower. I found Morty, the Gym leader, Eusine...he´s possesed by Suicune and of course my Rival.
    My rival was not a Real match, though none of my attacks were effective against his Pokemon. Again his Quilava didn´t use any Fire Moves. Later on I entered the gym and defeated the trainers. Then there was only Morty left. This battle was sooo annoying...I tried about five times...and each time his Gengar kicked me out. I levelled my Pokemon up to lv 32 and let Bloom evolve. with Bloom fully evolved i finally won thanks to a Petal Dance.
    With my new Badge in the Pocket i went to Olivine. before i could enter the Gym my Rival blocked the the way and told me that the gym leader was caring for a sick Pokemon on top of the lighthouse. So i had to walk all the way to the top of the Lighthouse and beat all the trainers only to get another running errand...geez...so I got myself a good rod and fished a Goldeen as my swimming slave and started my trip to Cianwood. I got the medicine for Amphi and met Suicune. it is somehow interrested in me. Suicune ran awy and Eusine stood suddenly there...He wanted to battle me...My pokemon were like 10 lv. Stronger then his and he was no Problem.
    Then I noticed the Gym of Cianwood and entered...Man Chuck and his fighting guys were wiped out by Owen´s Confusion. I left got my fourth Badge and left the Gym as Chuck´s wife talked to me. She gave me HM Fly. Very Great if you have nothing to fly...i´m off to the Lighthouse.

My team

Bloom
    lv. 33

Headbutt
    Synthesis
    Razor Leaf
    Petal Dance

Owen
    lv. 35

Confusion
    Sleep Powder
    Bullet Seed
    Leech Seed

Lill
    lv. 32

Vine Whip
    Acid
    Knock Off
    Sleep Powder

Gideon
    lv. 34

Razor Leaf
    Quick attack
    Dig
    Sand-Attack

Goldeen
    lv. 20

Surf
    supersonic
    Horn attack
    WaterPulse

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2010
    Well cool, all I'm doing is trying to get to Mr. Pokemon so I can catch a Spearow. I'll name him tinker bell.
    Irony is being cruel with my HM slave having some of the best IV's I've seen yet...

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    -Evolved Luna into an Umbreon at around Lv. 20. YAY SOOTHE BELLS!
    -Entered the Safari Zone and got myself a damn Geodude. That's all I got. Wobbuffet, Magneton and Onix are seemingly uncatchable D:<
    -Finally caught myself an Onix, a Kanghaskan, a Magneton, an Arbok, a Weezing and a Wobbuffett.
    -Entered the Safari Zone again to get myself a Nidoran(m) and a Magmar. (and a Lickitung)
    -Flew to Goldenrod and got my Rocket Disguise. Is there an AR code to change my sprite into Ethan disguised as a Grunt?
    -Damn, Silver ruined my disguise.
    -Grinded Luna to Level 34 with a lot of battles in the wild.
    -Re-entered the Radio Tower.
    -Used my Team Rocket Science to make Luna learn Curse. She needs it to actually hurt anything. If this isn't allowed, I'll remove it.
    -Talked to the Director who was actually...

I seriously didn't think he was Petrel...
    -Gojira 1HKO'd Koffing with a Dragon Dance boosted Rock Slide.
    -Weezing's Explosion 1HKO'd Luna after a fairly long fight.
    -Revived Luna.
    -Luna KO'd two Koffings with a few Faint Attacks.
    -Scarface 1HKO'd another Koffing with Fly.
    Yay!

-Got the Basement Key and went to the basement.
    -Saw another Kimono who told me something about being able to battle the Legendary Pokemo. Yeah. I love Pokemoes.
    -Got into a...

RIVAL RUMBLE!
    -Garmr 2HKO'd Golbat with Fire Fang.
    -Garmr 1HKO'd Magnemite with Fire Fang.
    -Scarface 2HKO'D Meganium with Wing Attack.
    -Gojira 1HKO'd Sneasel with Rock Slide.
    -Garmr 1HKO'd Haunter with Bite.

What a noob. Evolve your Magnemite, Sneasel and Golbat first. Also, take care of your Golbat so it freaking evolves into the awesome Crobat.

-Beat up more Rocket Grunts and rescued the princess Director. He gave me his Key Card.
    -Prepared for a battle with Proton.

Time to punt...

Proton's @ss!

-Scarface 1HKO'd Golbat with Fly.
    -Luna defeated Weezing after a few +3 Cursed Faint Attacks and Confusion Damage.

-Went up the stairs and...

... encountered Ariana!
    -Gojira 1HKO'd Arbok after a +1 Dragon Dance boosted Rock Slide.
    -Garmr 2HKO'd Vileplume with Fire Fang.
    -Scarface showed Murkrow who's the boss with one Wing Attack.

Went to the Observation deck and...

... attacked Archer!
    -Garmr pwned Houndour with a single Headbutt.
    -Like what Luna always does, she fainted Koffing with a +1 Cursed Faint Attack!
    -Garmr showed Houndoom who the Alpha Male is with a few Headbutts!

Wait, Archer's just going to disband Rocket there? I only fought the guy once!
    What a joke.

-Went to Mahogany Town so I can travel to Blackthorn.
    -Went through Ice Cave. That was ice-cold Hel for me since I don't like those ice puzzles.
    -Arrived at Blackthorn, bought some rations and entered the Gym.
    -Beat up the trainers. The puzzle is fun, too.

-After a few Curses and MooMoo Milk (I hate Dragon Rage), I managed to KO Gyarados with two boosted Paybacks
    -Scarface 2HKO'd a Dragonair with Fly and Assurance.
    -Garmr 2HKO'd another Dragonair with Bite, but got Paralyzed.
    -Kingdra was hard. I really hate SmokeScreen. AND HER HYDRO PUMP HAS 100% ACCURACY. Good thing Luna can wall her pretty well. Kingdra made a wrong move and her Hydro Pump hit at the wrong time. A 100 Base Power (+50 STAB) Payback KO'd it after about 4 Faint Attacks.

-Defeat Clair! But... NO RISING BADGE? I hate you, Clair.
    -Entered the Dragon's Cave (spelling?), and entered the Shrine. Answered some questions, and Clair couldn't believe I passed. What a prick. Anyways, I got the Rising Badge. Time for the Pokemon League... after a lot of grinding. It's Lugia's turn now.
    -Got the Master Ball.
    -Met Naoya... He doesn't seem as arrogant as the last times I talked with him... The Kimono Girls have powerful Pokemon, huh? ...
    -Beat them all thanks to Gojira and Scarface, got the Tidal Bell.
    -Had a bit of trouble navigating to the right Whirl Island. Marriland led me to the right path.
    -After a really cool dance...

This is some epic battle music here.
    -That was... um... Pretty fast. Thanks to a Crit Bite from Garmr, Lugia went down to yellow health, and with two Headbutts, to red health. Time to catch thi- Oh wait...
    -Of course. What I always happen to do... I forget to buy a sh**load of balls. Let's try our luck...
    -After 4 Ultra Balls, 3 Revives, 6 more Ultra Balls, 1 Max Revive, 4 Max Potions, 5 Poke Balls, 2 bottles of MooMoo Milk and 1 Fast Ball later...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    okay so i finished goldenrod got the squirt bottle killed sudowoodo and then reached Ecruteak town. Met a guy named Eusine helped him and versed my rival who was killed easily. Went to the gym killed everyone and versed morty with level 24's. This is when i realized u should train even when u have the upper hand. His gengar started spamming shadowballs and wiped my whole team. I then realized i should train my pokes right now im just wild pokemon training these guys to a maybe level 27/28 to outspeed his gengar or atleast some of his pokemon.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • Small Update

-Started with a Totodile
    -Caught a Weedle (Sting)
    -Proceeded to wipe out Sprout Tower and Falkner's Gym with Stings Fury Attack
    -Went through all the trainers to Azalea Town, Sting learning Twinneedle along the way.
    -Critical Hits saved me during Bugsy. Twinneedle, Poison, and 2 CHs helped with Scyther.
    -Metapod=Twinneedle, Kakuna=Fury Attack
    -Caught a Heracross (Cross)
    -Caught a Pineco (PC)

-I'm planning to drop my Beedrill and trade over a Spinarak to hatch one of my own at the daycare. (Am I allowed to do that?)

WOAHWOAHWOAH. I just realized that this is my 300th post. :D

Last edited:

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    -After catching my Lugia, I proceeded to surf to Kanto's Victory Road and Pokemon League.
    -Went through the Road of Victory and...
    VS

RIVAL RUMBLE!
    -Gojira swept through the entire team with +5 Dragon Danced Bites, Rock Slides and Thrashes. Easy-peasy. Lol
    -No trainers, huh? O_o Anyways, time to grind.
    -Finally evolved Gojira into a Tyranitar! The others haven't be levelled yet D:
    -Grinded the rest of my Darks to around Level 50.

My Current Team:

Time to finish the Johto League and move to the Kanto League!

A war with Will!
    -Luna easily sets up on Xatu who keeps using Me First on Curse, which doesn't work.
    -Luna easily sweeps through all of Will's Pokemon (I think it's because I overgrinded. Will's Pokemon are around Lv. 41, mine are Lv. 50 O_O)

A clash with Kog- Hey, he looks older than in FR/LG!
    -Luna gets a +2 Curse Boost while walling Ariados.
    -Luna sweeps through Koga's entire team with Payback, with only red health left. Forretress was hell O_O
    -Muk's Minimize and Crobat's Double Team mean nothing to a +2 Cursed Faint Attack.

A battle with Bruno!
    -I think this battle is going to be a little harder than the last two.
    -Garmr 4HKO's Hitmontop with Flamethrower. Damn restore items.
    -Scarface 1HKO's Hitmonlee with Fly.
    -Scarface 2HKO's Hitmonchan with Pluck.
    -Gojira 1HKO's Onix with Earthquake.
    -Scarface gets 2HKO'd by Rock Slide. I didn't know it could hit Pokemon while flying...
    -Garmr finishes off Machamp with Flamethrower.

I think I've met my match!

-Gojira 2HKO's Umbreon with Earthquake.
    -Gojira 1HKO's Vileplume with Ice Fang.
    -Gojira 1HKO's Gengar with Crunch.
    -Garmr 4HKO's Houndoom with Headbutt.
    -The sandstorm knocks out Garmr and Houndoom D:
    -Scarface showed Murkrow who's the BOSS with a few Plucks.

Lance... I shall not lose!
    -Hehe. +1 Attack & +2 Speed = deadly Gojira.
    -Lance... ENTIRE TEAM IS BABIES.
    -Gojira easily swept through Lance's team with Ice Fang.

I am the Champion... But only of Johto.
    I have yet to defeat the Kanto League...

I'm planning on getting either Sneasel or Seedot tomorrow.

Last edited:

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    @Dr. Fautus- I don't believe hacking your umbreon to learn curse is allowed. I'm almost positive that it is in the rules that you cannot cheat or hack your pokemon is anyway.

Update: Defeated Morty with Asuka after his gengar took down Kael. Decided not to use koffing and just use Asuka and Kael. Currently on my way to Olivine Lighthouse and battling trainers along the way.

Yep just read the rules and it says no cheating or hacking. Umbreon does not learn curse in any way. I think you should have to start your challenge over because having curse on your umbreon sounds like it has made the challenge easier for you. It's not fair to everyone else.

Last edited:

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

And here we go again. Update number...um...crap. What number is this?

Anyways, we left the Pokemon Center quickly. There's always more fish in the sea, and I plan on capturing every last one of them

**** yeah!

**** YOU! > : (

Why is this tadpole so damn useful? Seriously, I think it's helped me catch every single Pokemon, bar Wooper and Totodile.

See? Fish, captured. Wait...is it a fish? Does it classify as one?

*insert witty one-liner here*

Protip: When going into caves, do not send out your Gyarados. It may cause a cave-in due to its massive size...those poor people.

New town, same story.

Damn...I didn't even take the Slowpoke and I already feel guilty.

Dude, on my way here, I saw someone that looked a lot younger than you. He was getting his ass kicked by the same people that you want to go and fight. Maybe you should re-think this. Little girl, did your grandpa take his medicine?

Goddamn it, I don't know! Stop asking me that!

Oh yeah, shove your guest out of the way and leave. Geez, what an *******.

Hey, wait a minute...did he just leave me, a complete stranger, alone in his house?

So, what, does your grandfather do this often?

tl;dr

Kurt is a bad grandfather for leaving his underage granddaughter with strangers. Apparently, Slowpoke > Granddaughter.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Update: I defeated everyone in the lighthouse, talked to Jasmine, starting surfing to Cianwood. Defeated all the trainers going to Cianwood. Got the secret potion, defeated Eusine, defeated Chuck, got fly. I brought the secret potion to Jasmine and cured Amphy, and defeated Jasmine. Now I'm on my way to Lake of Rage.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • Well, I decided I'll just super train three pokemon until the E4, I'll super train my nidoqueen, graveler(is trading allowed so it can evolve?????), and quagsire.

Yes I know I don't update often

UPDATE
    Well, first my team right now,
    Nido(girl sign) the nidoqueen lv. 29
    0NIx the lv. 25 onix
    NIDO(boy sign) the lv. 24 nidorino!
    Sandy the lv. 26 sandslash
    Aqua the lv. 35 quagsire
    Japanese letters I can't read the lv. 39 graveler

NOW! Destroyed rival who only had a weak bayleef, so I'm not THAT underleveled, had fun at the slots, jealous how Americans get minesweeper and I, an awesome American get the slots? Invaded the game corner under their will
    Got the key card thing from the lame director
    Going back through the radio tower, I destroyed everyone, wait! The admins! Yawn, tiers a grunt guarding the admins door
    Nidoqueen kills with double kick
    Koffings... Job for graveler
    RoLlOuT destroys them
    Admin weak ass! Nice to see you!
    Pretty golbat!
    You would think that a level 39 graveler would outspend a level 27 golbat, but no
    Yay! Level 40!!!!!!!
    Admin that looks like a mix of silver and mars, wait, WTF?
    Nidoqueen, since you fainted, go to he'll and tell satin I said hi!, oh right, this is monotype not nuzlocke
    I'm poor! I traded my child for a sip of vodka! This vile plume kills all of my ground types!
    Spore? Really? WTF?
    Nidorino, being only poison right now is my only hope
    WHY WONT VILEPLUME DDDDDIIIIIIIEEEEEE
    Nidorino faint
    Vileplume ohko onix with a healing move
    Sandslash is my last
    I died....
    ROTFLOLAnnoyong rocket again
    Dumb old vileplume again
    I'm leading with nidorino and so far it's all good...
    FUFUFUFUFU nidorino died!!!
    I'll update da rest later, I'm lazy

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2010
    A short update~
    - Spent forever and a day trying to catch a Spearow
    - Got a Spearow, after taking a nap ;)
    - Preceded to level up on route 30
    - Spent the next 30 minutes looking for a suitable Zubat, honestly when you are
    looking for them, they don't exist</raeg>
    - Just beat Sprout tower with my Zubat, and now I need to get it to level 13 so I can make Falkner my personal prostitute.
    - Other members of my current team are my Lv 10 Spearow, and my Lv 10 Hoothoot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back