• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
  • I shall try to do Whitney and catch Girafarig sometime tomorrow. :) Fourth of July is kind've busy for me for some reason. -.-

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • .EJ hasn't update yet, but I will give my update of my flying challenge:
    - re-start my game
    - Take Totodile as first pokemon
    - Did the egg quest
    - Get my pokeballs
    - Caught a Spearow
    - Caught a Zubat
    - Train both of them
    - Beat Falkner (With Spearow. Zubat simply do nothing against him.)

My team:
    Zubat - Lv 11
    - Leech Life
    - Supersonic
    - Astonish

Spearow - Lv 13
    - Peck
    - Pursuit
    - Leer
    - Fury Attack

twinsandvikes777

Power Trainer
    Years
  • I beatdown the E4 after taking out Clair and Victory Road/Fyre. JackieCHAN was easily the MVP as he soloed both Karen and Lance!!! His elemental punches were the key to me dominating the E4. I'll upload a pic soon. But anyhoo I made it to Vermilion and Muscle soloed the gym with his Earthquake. That's all for now, update later prob.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • I beatdown the E4 after taking out Clair and Victory Road/Fyre. JackieCHAN was easily the MVP as he soloed both Karen and Lance!!! His elemental punches were the key to me dominating the E4. I'll upload a pic soon. But anyhoo I made it to Vermilion and Muscle soloed the gym with his Earthquake. That's all for now, update later prob.

Congrat's on beating the E4 ;)

On an irrevelant note, The Kanto gym leaders theme has to be one of my favourite themes throughout every game. Of course my favourite theme is still the route 38/39 theme from G/S/C and HG/SS :)

Edit: Congrats on completing you're challenge too Polkop ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    THIS IS A MAJOR UPDATE: i will make it short so dont worry. ill start form where i left off in my last update. so after losing to morty i trained my pokes to level 26 where carvanha and murkrow got a reliable dark type move assurance. This time i beat him barely losing any health. I then went to mahogany first seeing Pryce as the most easiet to beat. Go there to lake of rage help lance beat team rocket blah blah blah and MOST importantly my larvitar and carvanha evolve! yay!!! So then i go to the gym kill trainers easily with pupitar and then verse pryce and he wasnt too hard and i managed to get 5th badge! Next i head over to Olivine city to verse Jasmine. Go to lighthouse realize i need the secretpotion to heal that ampharos so i go to cianwood beat trainers on the way then get the potion she heals that ampharos and its time verse jasmine. So the battle was EASY prolly the most easiest gym i versed my sharpedos surf 1HKO's his whole team. Anyways get the mineral badge head off to cianwood and verse chuck who gets killed by my murkrows wing attack, the only trouble here though was his primapes rock slide it almost killed me but i still managed. Next i go to goldenrod finish team rocket for good and head to ice path finish that and finally reach Blackthorn city!!!!!!!!! Okay i have to admit Claire was pretty tough her Kingdra pretty much killed my whole team with that hydro pump of hers and it never missed tooo!! After losing twice to her i managed to pull through and won me my 8th badge!!!!!!!
    My team so far:

Sharpedo lv 41
    - Crunch
    - Aqua jet
    - Surf
    - Ice fang

Pupitar lv 40
    - Rock slide
    - Payback
    - Dark pulse
    - Thrash

Murkrow lv 40
    - Faint attack
    - Fly
    - Taunt
    - Wing attack

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Just defeated Whitney... XD Clefairy fell quite easily to Queenie thanks to Yawn and Confusion, :P

Miltank... 15 Super Potions Later, she was defeated. XD Freakin Attract Hax made me unable to move for most the fight -.- Finally managed to put her to Sleep with Hypnosis, then Leech Seed Her. After that, it was pretty easy to stall while Leech Seed did it's thing. Then I switched to Queenie and killed her with Confusion a few turns later. :3 Obviously, Psychic types like to tip cows. :3

Anyway, won't post the photo update yet. Still need to evolve Queenie to Slowking and catch a Girafarig (if Emoxy was telling the truth, that is :P)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^He is. He used a girafarig for his normal run so I would believe him. He's legit! Lol

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Pretty small update :3

Decided to take on Whitney without going through the trainers on the way to National Park, which I almost always do in a playthrough, XD As posted above, Miltank gave me quite a few issues, but she soon fell. I made my way to Ecruteak, where I immediately took a right, went through the Mountain, and north of Mahogany to find my 3rd pokemon...

His Nickname (Drome) is obviously part of Palindrome, which is what Girafarig is :P I almost went with Dromemord, but decided not to, XD

Current Team:~

Queenie the Slowking
    Level 22
    Confusion
    Water Gun
    Headbutt
    Yawn

Drome the Girafarig
    Level 15
    Confusion
    Agility
    Odor Sleuth
    Agility

Coir the Exeggcute
    Level 21
    Hypnosis
    Leech Seed
    Uproar
    Poison Powder

Last edited:

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    OH CRAP. I noticed that I evolved Scarface BEFORE getting the National Dex. I didn't realize that there are no Dusk Stones before the E4 because I didn't check (I earned 3000P but didn't look at the the store).

Does this mean I have to start the challenge over? D:

Edit: Ho-Oh and Lugia are pimps. They don't show themselves until a bunch of girls dance for them XD

Last edited:
    Years
  • ^He is. He used a girafarig for his normal run so I would believe him. He's legit! Lol

:D Girafarig ftw. My nature was Quiet though, had to Scarf it.

Coir the Exeggcute
    Level 21
    Hypnosis
    Leech Seed
    Uproar
    Poison Powder

So when are you evolving your Coir?

OH CRAP. I noticed that I evolved Scarface BEFORE getting the National Dex. I didn't realize that there are no Dusk Stones before the E4 because I didn't check (I earned 3000P but didn't look at the the store).

Does this mean I have to start the challenge over? D:

I don't think everyone's strict here, haha.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • Just beat Morty on my second try thanks to Heracross's Shadow Claw and Ariados's Shadow Sneak. My pokemon were all about lvl 20, so I think I'm going to get them all to at least lvl 28 before taking on Chuck.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Damn I got my second infraction for censor bypassing/swearing :\ lmao

Yeah don't worry about evolving it before the national dex...I don't care much about that.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • And I'll evolve Coir at 47, so he gets Psychic and Leaf Storm.

Debating between Hypnosis and Poison powder for his 4th move... Leech Seed is definitely the third.

Getting said Leaf Stone before then is the challenge, looks like Pokeathlon is my only choice... XD

Years
  • You could get the Picnicker's number; forgot her name, she's below the day-care at the no-grass section surrounded by grasses. She'll give a Leaf Stone.

Becki

Pc will never be the same.....
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 24, 2018
    So im thinking of doing an ice challange on my ss , but i have to clean out my shinies and stuff first anyways my party would probably look something like this if it would be allowed:
    Lapras
    glaceon
    mamoswine
    froslass
    jynx
    and undecided xD would particulairily glaceon be allowed?

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    @ Becki-you get eevee as a gift from bill in goldenrod then you can trade it over to d/p/pt to evolve it.

Update:
    I finally cleared out the radio tower. I then battled the three sisters on the beach by Goldenrod. Now I'm on my way to defeat Clair.

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
  • Whohoo, time for Flowers Journey Diary, Part VI

Just as i left the Mahogany gym i got a call from Elm...I said there will be the next problem for me to solve...so i walked to Golden Rod and threw Team Rocket out of the Radio Tower. those Grunts and their executives were not really a match for me...My Rival wasn´t a real challenge either...sigh...
    After everything was safe in Golden Rod I head for Ice Cave, Blackthorn and my eight Badge. Before entering the Gym I trained Lill and Owen and let them evolve. I taught Sludge Bomb to Lill. Owen´s Psychic and Lill´s Sludge Bomb made the Gym feel like a walk in the park...
    With my eight Bagde i got a master ball from Elm and an invitation from zhe Kimono Girls...their Espeon and their Flareon were a bit hard to defeat but i made it. Then THey told me that Ho-oh is waiting for me on the Bell Tower.
    Up there I fought with Ho-oh. I had to made him faint cause otherwise it would have defeated me...
    Finally I went to the victory Road were i met my Rival again. This time his Typhlosion used lavaplume and gave me a hard battle...but with some Revives i eventually defeated him...Ineed I bit of training before I´ll enter the E4

My Team:

Bloom
    (seriously thought about dropping her but then
    I saw Outrage in her Moveset)
    lv. 40

Headbutt
    Synthesis
    Razor Leaf
    Petal Dance

Owen
    lv. 48

Confusion
    Psychic
    Leaf Storm
    Leech Seed

Lill
    lv. 47

Leaf Blade
    Sludge Bomb
    Leaf Storm
    Sleep Powder

Gideon
    lv. 42

Razor Leaf
    Quick attack
    Dig
    Strenght

Goldeen
    lv. 20

Surf
    Waterfall
    Whirlpool
    WaterPulse

Edit:

Flowers Journey Diary, Part VII: The Johto Elite 4

trained until my Pokemon reached lv. 50. Bloom learned Earthquake and Gideon forgot Strenght and learned Iron Tail.
    defeated Will. His Xatus and his Jynx were quite hard foes but after some Iron Tails they fainted. Slowbro took two Leaf Blades from Lill and fainted, while Exeggutor was OHKOed by a Sludge Bomb.

Koga was rather easy, except his Forretress...man...7 Earthquake were required to finish this. Ariados and Crobat faint because of an Confusion, Muk and Venomoth were OHKOed by Psychics.

Bruno has now respect for Psychic pokemon. Exeggutor crushed through his Team...Machamp was the only Pokemon from him that could stand on his feet after a Psychic. Karen´s next:D

Karen was annoying...especially her Umbreon...I didn´t count the used Attacks but it fainted finally to a critical Leaf Blade (damn i love this Move).
    Murkrow = OHKO Sludge Bomb
    Houndoom = OHKO Eartquake (Bloom Outsped Houndoom^^)
    Vileplume and Gengar = both OHKO by Psychic

Lance:
    Gyarados = 2HKO with Leaf Blade
    Charizard= very Hard...had to use several Revives and Potions. It finally fainted due to two Psychics
    first Dragonite lv 49 = Those Blizzards hit me...that hurts...Bloom could survive Blizzard so i used her until Dragonite had no Blizzards left and healed after every attack. then i switched to Gideon who did the rest with Iron Tail
    Aerodactyl = Gideon took an Aerial Ace, survived and countered with an Iron Tail. OHKO
    lv 50 Dragonite = uhm...Fire Blasts hurt too, same Strategie as above.
    lv 49 Dragonite = This Dragonite was rather easy compared with th other ones. Owen used two Psychics and it was over.

I never used so much heal items before...my poor money went down the river...but half of the Challenge is done by now and the Safari Zone is waiting for me

Last edited:

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • Huh...EJ, you forgot to update my challenge.
    I have finished my Dark challenge :)
    I'm now in the middle of a flying challenge.
    Update:
    - I caught a Magikarp
    - I caught a Hoppip
    - I get my second badge
    - I caught a Scyther at the Bug contest
    - I bought a Dratini at the Game corner

My team:
    Scyther - Lv 15
    - Leer
    - Cut
    - Pursuit
    - False Swipe