• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomBlade

Sora! I choose you!
Years
  • Username: KingdomBlade
    Type: Normal
    Version: SoulSilver
    Planned Team: Togekiss, Ursaring, Tauros, Miltank, Lickilicky, Clefable

Update no. 1:
    - Got a Totodile starter
    - Grinded Totodile to level 10 to make the trip to Violet a bit smoother.
    - Beat the rivalguy.. thing
    - Went to Violet City
    - Swept up Bellsprouts
    - Wen't to the gym, surprisingly very easy, as it took really fast, just biting again and again was good enough to kill Falkner's Pidgey team
    - Finally got team member no. 1, Togepi, and it had *gasp* Serene Grace and it was *double gasp* Modest. Evolved into Togetic immediately. Got it to level 19, since I'm gonna be using it for a while.
    - Got through until Azalea town with Extrasensory and occasionally, when I get bored, Metronome. At least I have Sweet Kiss and Roost.
    - I continued on and swept up the team rocket people in Slowpoke well.
    - Got a bunch of friend balls made to have a stronger Return attack ready.
    - Beat Bugsy on the second try. It was surprisingly hard even if U-Turn is weak on me.
    - Wen't on to beat Rival guy again. A tad bit harder than last time, but it was kinda funny when I accidentally pressed Metronome and a Flamethrower came out on Chickorita.
    - Killed a bunch of bugs in Ilex Forest.
    - Finally got to Goldenrod, and I went shopping a bit. I replaced Metronome and Sweet Kiss with Hyper Beam and Solarbeam. The additional effects may be hindering, but it won't matter if I OHKO anyway, it's always fun having a 225 Base Power move at my disposal. I saved a ton of money because I haven't bought anything so far. I do wish I could cheat and get Gamecorner TM's but that would be wrong.
    - Swept up the Goldenrod Underground. It was a chance to OHKO those single Pokemon trainers with Hyper Beam.
    - Proceeded to challenge the Goldenrod Gym. I don't care about those Sentret trainers, but I was very excited to fight Whitney.
    - The battle went by fast. I was able to 2HKO her Clefairy with two Extrasensories. And I did a surprising OHKO on Miltank with Hyper Beam. Somehow, I expected something bad to go wrong. But it went smoothly. ^_^

My current team:

Togetic @ Nothing
    - Hyper Beam
    - Extrasensory
    - Solarbeam
    - Roost

And some other HM slaves I'm not gonna bother to mention.

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
    Years
  • I have a strange feeling Ęℓαчиıı will make some sort of crude joke about the last sentence in my log.

Oh, I would never do that. n_n
    How hard and how fast do you two plan on going?

Update!
    However, I'm in a rush, so, it'll be... bland. I'll add pictures and more detail later... if I remember.

- Beat Koga.
    - Healed Pokémon.
    - Easily beat Bruno thanks to Ceri's Psychic and Zuzu's Fly and Aerial Ace.
    - Struggled with Karen, but, Toxic finished most of her Pokémon off.
    - Saved twice.
    - Entered heaven Lance's Room.
    - Made an unnecessary comment about being alone in the room with him.
    - Proceeded to have the most irritating battle of my life.
    - Managed to pull off a win.
    - Got into the Hall of Fame.

In other words... I beat the Elite Four + Lance.
    Now.. to train like hell to get ready for Red.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • Now that my Flying challenge is done, I started a Steel monotype challenge.
    So, first update:
    - I started my game.
    - I chose Totodile as starter
    - I did the egg quest and beat my rival
    - I caught a Bellsprout and train it
    - I traded my Bellsprout for an Onix in Violet city
    - I beat the Sprout tower
    - I got my first badge easily with Onix
    - I transfer 3 eggs of steel pokemon

My team:
    Mawile - Lv 7
    - Astonish
    - Rock Smash
    - Fake Tears

Aron - Lv 8
    - Tackle
    - Harden
    - Mud-Slap

Piplup - lv 9
    - Pound
    - Growl
    - Bubble
    - Grass knot (Egg move)

Onix - Lv 13
    - Harden
    - Bind
    - Screech
    - Rock throw

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • I'll have a go at this :D

Username: Zeph.
    Type: Bug
    Version: HG (HeartGold)

The story so far:

+ I decided to pick a Totodile
    , because if I ever need to cross water then it makes sense to use it instead of a bridge or boat or anything =D
    + I'm finally able to leave New Bark. The pokemon in Route 29 are no match for me and young Totodile at my side! =D
    + I make it to Cherrycrove City, where I go through the whole game of tag with the old paedophile gentleman, resulting in the suspiciously generous gift of the Running Shoes and Map Card. I think there's a list for guys like that...
    + Onwards to Mr. Pokemon's house. Again, crushed any pitiful creature that dared challenge me for a piece of turf. Totodile made it to lv.6 during.
    + I got the Apricorn Box! =D
    + Holy-! Encountered a Spinirak and nearly gazm'd. No pokeballs though =(
    + Made it to Mr. P's house. He gave me an egg. Nice I guess. Old man Oak, who also happens to be there, gives me the pokedex =D
    + But wait! My phone rings, it's Elm. What's that? Trouble? Here? Now?! Totodile, we're needed...
    + Just my luck. I'm halfway there and some punk with dashingly red hair stops me and demands a battle. Well good sir I refu-!

+
    v
    Aww =(
    Anyways, Totodile Leered and Scratched Chikorita to death =D Totodile grows to lv. 7. I'm starting to grow fond of this little guy. To bad I'm bound to the bug type...

+ The guy storms off. Shame, I wanted to ask him how he got his hair to look so godly. Anyway...
    + Back home, and inside the lab this punk ass Policeman presumes I'm guilty of theft! >=(
    "Rule number one! 'Whoever did it will come back to the site.'" Bullsh*t that's the first rule of crime scene investigation!
    + Lyra saves me (her only use so far), and it turns out that the red-head was the culprit! =O And I thought so highly of him too. They ask me for the name, and if I recall correctly, it was Omega 6. Maybe it was my imagination though. Meh...
    + Eventually, I leave once more, this time starting my adventure. Lyra's second use - free pokeballs =D

+
    You're mine! >=)
    Easy peasy. One Scratch takes it down to about 25% hp. One pokeball and...
    I caught Spinarak! My main pokemon from here on in. Called him Spinner, becasue I can ;D
    + That should do me for one session =P Next step: train! Train!

The Team:

Spinner

Spinarak - m
    Bug/Poison
    Lv. 2
    Poison Sting, String Shot
    Insomnia

Boxed:
    Totodile - m - lv.7 - Scratch, Leer, Water gun - Torrent

Mew396

World Champion Trainer!
    Years
  • Well I've finished my dragon type challenge so I'll start my dark type one

• Started in New Bark Town where I once again picked Totodile as my starter
    • Since I'm using a rare type I had to grind it out with Totodile all the way to Violet City
    • The Sprout Tower was rough at the beginning but it got easier as Totodile leveled up
    • I defeated the Sprout Tower Elder and received the Flash TM
    • I took on Falkner with only Totodile and swept through his team as I won the Zephyr Badge
    • With one badge in hand I traded over my three egg Pokemon from my Platinum Version
    • Poochyena hatches from it's egg along with Sableye and Carvahna!
    • With three dark types at my disposal I headed back to Route 31 to do some training
    • After everyone was around level 9(Carvahna took forever) I headed back to Violet City and down to Route 32 where I did some more leveling before I entered the Union Cave
    • I had some trouble with the level 11 Onix in the cave but I managed to get through the rest of it with no problem
    • Exited the Union Cave and entered onto the very short and rainy Route 33 where I leveled up my team one more time before I continued
    • Made it to Azalea Town where I met Kurt who tells me that Team Rocket has been resurrected and is currently in Slowpoke Well cutting off Slowpoke tails and selling them
    • Kurt dashes off to the well and I follow behind him only to be left to defeat all of the Rocket Grunts myself
    • After finishing off all the Grunts I move on to the leader of the Slowpoke operation, Proton
    • Poochyena Evolves into Mightyena!
    • His Zubat was easy but it took me a while to take down Koffing. Once he was defeated Team Rocket fled the scene and I was given a fast ball from Kurt as a reward
    • Currently:Thought about challenging the second gym but decided to stop here

My Team
    Spoiler:

Badges
    Spoiler:

Zeph.

Years
  • Second update :D

The Story so far:

+ Grinding up some levels wasn't too bad considering the fact I had nothing but a lv.2 spider =D At lv.7, I decided to press on towards Violet City.
    + No real problems. I struck down those who opposed me again and again =D Oh, and I caught my second slave:

+
    I eventually taught it Rock Smash. What a rubbish move =( Anyhow, I boxed it soon after.

+ More grinding. As much as I hate to say it, young Spinner has no chance against Falkner right now >.< Off to the Sprout Tower then.
    + The monks are a piece of cake =D I lost count of the amount of times I used Poison Sting, Constrict and Leech Life.
    + So I get to the top and, lo behold, it's my old friend Omega 6! He leaves, so I challenge the top monk.
    + I expected a slight challenge. Once again, Spinner destroys. It's only now I truly respect Insomnia's ability to block Hypnosis >=D This also results in Spinner reaching lv.15 and learning Night Shade. I love this spider.
    + Now for my reward! =D ... Flash. TM70. Before I end up beating the crap out of this guy, I leave with a magic rope like Omega 6 did.
    + I don't know what it is, but I'm compelled to give the Gym a go. Spinner wrecked trainer one's Spearow. Second trainer - while the first Pidgey wasn't too bad, I remember how much I hate Sand-Attack. Luck swings my way though and Poison brings it down. Why not have a go at Falkner? =D

+
    v

All it did was Tackle, so three Poison Stings saw it go down =D Now the tricky part:
    v

It knows Gust =_=' And it killed Spinner.

+ Decided I should grind a bit more. Route 32's the place. I get impatient at lv.17 and try again.

+
    v

Again, it just Tackles. So two Poison Stings are enough. Now for it:
    v

I survive Gust, and use Scary Face >=D Now Spinner's faster, so I try and get Pidgeotto poisoned. After many potions from me and Roosts from it, I finally succeed. Now it's matter of stalling. Which I also do successfully =D Spinner! The Spinarak that beat Falkner ^^.

+ I get my Badge, and head south to the Union Cave =D

The Team:

Spinner

Spinarak - m
    Bug/Poison
    Lv. 17
    Poison Sting, Night Shade, Leech Life, Scary Face
    Insomnia

Boxed:
    Totodile - m - lv.7 - Scratch, Leer, Water gun - Torrent
    Rattata - f - lv.5 - Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Rock Smash - Guts

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • Next update on my Steel challenge:
    - I kicked out the Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well
    - Piplup evolved into Prinlup
    - I get my second badge
    - I get my third badge
    - I beated Sudowoodo
    - I caught a Magnemite
    - I caught a Fartfetch'd for my HM slave (Cut and Fly)

My team:
    Magnemite - Lv 16
    - Tackle
    - Thundershock
    - Supersonic
    - Sonicboom

Prinlup - Lv 19
    - Surf
    - Peck
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot

Aron - Lv 20
    - Metal Claw
    - Iron Defense
    - Mud-Slap
    - Headbutt

Onix - Lv 20
    - Rage
    - Rock Tomb
    - Screech
    - Rock Throw

Mawile - Lv 20
    - Astonish
    - Rock Smash
    - Fake tears
    - Bite

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Nice to see you back Dragonsfreak. Good luck in your Fire challenge. :)

EJ, add me on Electric challengers please? :)

Anyhoo's finally got off egg breeding on Platinum, so I can update for all you people.

Setting the bar - My First Electric Pokemon!

When we last left our hero, Professor Elm called saying something bad had happened at the lab. What was it? Stay tuned to find out!

*insert pokemon intro song here*

I awoke to find myself in some sort of trance, wishing to help Elm. Picking up the nearby Apricorn, I rushed back to Cherrygrove City, defending myself from wild Pokémon. Yet more poison madness from Weedle. Great. I arrived at Cherrygrove City, looking to heal up Kilauea.

I left Cherrygove City, on my way to help Elm. Suddenly I stopped. That boy. I had seen him before! He was the one staring into Elm's lab! It appeared that he had a Pokémon from Elm too. He has a Totodile? Ok. Kilauea started to tackle him about until Totodile was dead. He started up a grande talk about being the best before walking off. however, I swiped his trainer card and saw his name, which he didn't like much.

I ran all the way back to New Bark town, and when arriving at Elm's lab, it emerged that I, Joseph, above all people, was the notorious bandit who stole one of Elm's Pokémon. I was about to be given the death penalty, however, my lady friend, Lyra, bailed me out, and I decided to put the blame on someone else, that red haired kid. I think his name was Flare? Yeah, it was.

The police then left for the scapegoat, as did Lyra, presumably to play with her Marill. Elm and I had a heated discussion about everything I got from Mr. Pokémon, which evolved into him praising my skills by getting a Pokédex. He then suggested I go and complete the Gym challenge. I agreed. Somewhat.

I left to tell mum I was done with her and needed to do some soul searching. She still however, got my money for all she's done over the years. With Mum taken care of, I could now pursue my dream of being the number 1 Electric trainer. Off we go to route 29, where Lyra is waiting to show me how to catch a Pokémon. Ok...she fails with Marill anyway. Again, countless Pokémon come to take me on, and again Kilauea defeats them. Except one. I catch a Sentret for the purpose of getting a Pichu Egg.

Back to Cherrygrove city, where I can commence trading.

*dun dun dun dun*

Going to hatch my egg and grind a bit. Saved here.

TEAM:

Spoiler:

BADGES:
    Spoiler:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Continue my challenge:
    -Barley beat sudwoodo
    -Train alot
    -Beat all of Morty's Trainers
    -Beat Morty cause he sacrafices all but one Pokemon to Curse
    -Catch Farfetched
    -Do alot of training
    -SAVE

Pidgeyotto-29
    Butterfree-25
    Fearow-27
    Zubat-21
    Togepi-20
    Scyther-30

Last edited:

Mew396

World Champion Trainer!
    Years
  • Continuing On.....

• With Team Rocket out of the way it was time to challenge the Azalea Town Gym
    • I had a very hard time with Bugsy's Scyther and it's U-Turn attack but in the end it was defeated by Mightyena and I earned the Hive Badge
    • As I tried to leave Azalea Town my rival challenges me once again
    • I easily defeated my rival and headed into the Ilex Forest
    • Cleared the Ilex Forest and did some training on Route 34 as I made my way into Goldenrod City
    • Found the Gym Leader,Whitney, in the Radio Tower and got her to return to the gym
    • Decided to do some extra training on Routes 35-36 and in the Goldenrod Underground before I challenged the Goldenrod Gym
    • Finished training and headed back to Goldenrod City to challenge Whitney
    • Whitney's Clefairy was no problem but Miltank was a real challenge. Due to infatuation, Mightyena and Carvanha were both KO'd by the cow before it was Sableye to the rescue. Sableye was able to avoid Miltank's Cute Charm and defeat the mighty cow earning me my Plain Badge.
    • Got the Squirtbottle from the flower shop along with a free bike from the bike store
    • Currently:Headed for Route 37

My Team

Mightyena/Level 25
    Tackle
    Howl
    Sand-Attack
    Bite

Carvanha/Level 25
    Screech
    Bite
    Ice Fang
    Focus Energy

Sableye/Level 23
    Leer
    Scratch
    Dig
    Astonish

Badges

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
  • Ok, it´s Update time

- Started with Cindaquil due to the lack of Fire Pokemon in HGSS, named her Volcana
    - Did the Beginning Stuff...Elm´s Errand, learned how to carch pokemon (again) and named my Rival ANIDIOT.
    - well, rusched towards Violet and crushed everyone on my path.
    - cleared the Sprout Tower, Volcana evolved.
    - entered the Gym, Falkner´s Pidgey was easy, Pidgeotto was anoying bt died eventually to Ember and burn.
    - ran down the Route to Union cave...left out the fishermen...
    - beat everyone in Union Cave
    - defeated Team Rocket and entered Bugsys ´s Gym...well...Volcana simply crushed those Bug Freaks
    - Volcana is now at lv. 24
    - then i was Callenged by ANIDIOT. His Script has to be so dumb...I mean if he had used Water gun More than once, i Would have lost. But he only used Scary Face, so i beat him with no real problems
    - Caught the Farfetch´d in the Forest and Caught a Paras for Cut
    - Left the Forest behind me and eveaded all trainers on the way to Golden Rod, Ran through Golden Rod and searched for A Growlithe...after four Tries and 30 minuntes of search i finally wasn´t Roared away and caught one. I named him Fang.
    - I used all those undefeated Trainers to train Fang.
    - I got the Radio Card and could enter the Gym.
    - Whitney is a hard fight, it nearly doesn´t matter what Type you use. Volcana burnt Miltank and defeated it after some Super Potions and Fire Moves.
    - Got a Ponyta lv.7 from my Pokewalker, Named her Nightmare ( Burning Horse, you Know...)
    - trained it and then battled Sudowoodoo...walked to Ecruteak and entered the Burned Tower.
    - Battle against my rival...Nightmare is a good girl. she defeated three of his Pokemon being at lv. 15. This time Croconaw used Water Gun, but also Scary Face. Volcana was able to Beat it.
    - Caught a Magmar and Named i Spitfire.

Question: Am I allowed to use a Magmarizer from DPPt to Evolved Magmar?

My Team

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Hey, I've got a question to the boardmaker.

Is it okay if I call the challenge a day after beating Blue? I don't want to fight Red with any game until I defeat him on a different file of SoulSilver, which is of course on hold until this challenge has been completed. I know it sounds like I'm trying to cop out of the final battle, but that isn't the case and it's just another one of my weird sentimental reasons. Besides, HGSS is already twice as long as nearly every other Pokémon game requires.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Finished my small bit of grinding, so here is an update for all you people.

Towards Violet City, city of..violets!

I started in the Pokécenter, healing up my newly hatched Pichu called Boltblast. I left Cherrygrove city to contiune my quest of being the greatest Electric Pokémon trainer ever. I met the annoying Joey on route 30, with his darn Ratatta, which fell to the might of Boltblast's Volt Tackle. Oh yeah, I got his number too. I cleared the rest of Route 30, along with defeating the other trainer's, Mikey and Don.

Onto route 31, I came across some Weedle infestation, again. I'm going to single handedly remove Weedle from existance in a minute. I picked up a nearby Apricorn and Pokeball, defeated Wade and got his number, and proceded on my way towards Violet City. Before I actually entered Violet City, my lady friend Lyra stopped me to give me something. Kinky. Cool. I got the Vs. Recorder, so all is nice :)

SAVED HERE.
    I don't get much time these days, so little updates.

TEAM:

Spoiler:

Zeph.

Years
  • 'Nuther update :D

The Story so far:

+ Again, Spinner ploughed through Route 32 and the Union Cave. During which he learned Shadow Sneak =D
    + Nothing much there except a few more levels gained. I arrive in Azelea Town and see this Team Rocket guy assault a townsperson. As soon as Spinner and I are rested, justice will be done on this day...
    + I hear this Kurt guy makes pokeballs, but before I can ask him he shoots off to fight TR. Not without me he won't! >=( Back at the Well, I go down, he's hurt. I get to beat them up! =D Once more, Spinner dominated, and then came the final fight against Proton.

+
    >
    Spinner evolves! =D

+ Back in Azelea, Kurt thanks me. Now it's off to fight Bugsy! Bug v Bug, who's the best?
    + Spinner has no worries against the trainers, now for Bugsy >=D

+
    v
    The big guns first.
    I was expecting U-Turn, but it never happened. A few Poison Stings to try and poison it, dosen't work. Scyther dosen't cause much harm save a few Quick Attacks. A Scary Face slows it down, and I use Shadow Sneak to overcome it's Quick Attack.
    v

I wasn't expecting anything to be hard (pardon the pun) from here on in. It used Tackle - I used Shadow Sneak. I eventually won :P
    v

Same story here.

+ Bugsy admits defeat and forks over the Hive Badge aswell as the TM for U-Turn - I might use that later on.
    + I try to leave, then Omega 6 shows up and stops me! I laugh in his face with Spinner, who destroys him. He leaves, and I follow into Ilex Forest.
    + After helping the guy get his Farfetch'd back, I get Cut and teach it to my old slave Totodile =D. Further into the forest, the guy who likes to smack his skull off of trees passes the skill onto my other slave, Rattata. Now she can smash her head off of things too ^^ Which gives me and idea. I go back to Azelea and search some trees.

+
    A Heracross falls out! =D Lv.4, so two pokeballs are all I used to catch it. And it's Adamant! Bonus! I called him Rhino l3

+ Now I go through Ilex Forest. Rhino has no problems here, Horn Attacking anything that it sees. I meet the Kimono girl, grind a few levels and then leave.
    + Next route. Slightly tougher for Rhino but switching between him and Spinner made sure that A-Nobody fainted, and B-Decent exp for both =D
    + Saved the game in Goldenrod City. Next Step - train Rhino and then challenge Whitney and her satanic beast Miltank.

The Team:

Spinner

Ariados - m
    Bug/Poison
    Lv. 25
    Poison Sting, Shadow Sneak, Leech Life, Scary Face
    Insomnia

Rhino