• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    -Hiked under Cycling Road
    -Defeated my rival
    -Got the Mach Bike
    -Got Rock Smash
    -Got the Coin Case
    -Defeated Wally
    -Destroyed everyone inside Mauville's gym
    -Got the Badge
    -Saved and Quit

TEAM:

Combusken: Lvl. 23
    -Scratch
    -Peck
    -Double Kick
    -Ember

Breloom: Lvl. 23
    -Mach Punch
    -Giga Drain
    -Stun Spore
    -Headbutt

Makuhita Lvl. 17
    -Arm Thrust
    -Bulk Up
    -Vital Throw
    -Tackle

What's a good pair of HM slave pokemon for endgame? I'm not sure a Spheal can learn Waterfall, Dive, and Surf...

Years
  • I'm going to start a bug type challenge on Pokemon Emerald.

- I did all of the boring stuff
    - I started my challenge by picking Torchic because he will be my Cut Slave for a while
    - Smashed a couple of pokemon going to meet May
    - Obliterated May with 'BoomChick'
    - I finally managed to find 'Gummy' the lv. 2 Wurmple
    - I did a bit of grinding with Gummy with the help of Boomchick
    - After 3 battles with Boomchick helping out, Gummy kills his first pokmon. Yay!
    - Continued on grinding until lv. 7, when Gummy evolved into Silcoon
    - I headed onto Route 102 and battled the first trainer and crushed him with Poison Sting/Tackle
    - I had big troubles with the lv. 3 Taillow that the youngster has, 2 potions used
    - I helped Wally catch a Ralts and decided to head onto Route 104 to defeat the trainers and grind a bit until Gummy gets gust as a lv. 13 Beautifly
    - Gummy is now a Beautifly and I am going to enter Petalburg Woods next time

Team:

Gummy/Beautifly Lv.13
    - Gust
    - Tackle
    - Poison Sting
    - Absorb

BoomChick/Torchic
    - Scratch
    - Growl
    - Focus Energy

I will update soon

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    Can i sign up? is it too late? if im not then here we go!

Im doing Fighting
    -Boring Introduction
    -Set Clock
    -Met May in her room
    -Battle a Poochyena with Torchic
    Team against May:
    Torchic F (Lucky)
    Scratch Growl.

-Defeated May and Chased her back to LittleRoot
    -Obtained PokeDex and PokeBalls
    -Obtained Running Shoes
    -Entered Route 102
    -Defated 2 Youngster 1 bug catcher and 1 Lass
    -Arrived in PetalBurg
    -Met Wally and helped him catch a pokemon
    -Defeated an Aqua Grunt
    -Caught Shroomish (F)
    -Arrived in Rustorbo

Last edited:

Weird

Lazy Guy
    Years
  • I will do a dark monotype solorun with poochyena!

- caught Poochyena and named it Beowulf
    - trained it to level 6
    - defeated everyone on my way to Rustboro
    - won my first batch with the aid of x-defense
    - skipped fighting gym (too hard at the moment)
    - beat Team Aqua and May

Team

Beowulf lv. 25 (male Poochyena)
    - Tackle
    - Roar
    - Bite
    - Howl

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2018
    Update

I tried Brawly after a got there with the boat but his Machop killed my two pokémon...
    But, if you read my first post i got Three pokémon!
    After Lombre en Grovyle where killed by lucky crits from Karate Chop
    i sent in my Shroomish who simply stalled out Machop and Makuhita with Stun spore, Leech seed and Mega drain.
    Then i picked up Flash and catched a Sableye who i gave the name: Slave
    I teached it Flash and give that guy, his letter (Forgot his name)
    Sailed to Slateport city and cleaned the Museum of Grunts.
    I Trainend my team to level 22 and walked Towards May
    She got one attack that hit al my pokémon for supper effective damage.
    I'm gonna Fake out Shroomish to dead with Lombre
    Leech seed, Mega drain Wailmer with Shroomish
    And hopefully i Paralyze That chicken with Stunspore and maybe a Leech seed and then Rock tomb it with Grovyle. Wish me luck...

The battle starts and she sents out Wailmer my lombre faket out it and Shroomish leech seed/Mega drained it down. Nice.
    But then combusken. Shroomish Stunspored it and it used focus energy.
    Then i clicked wrong and i Stun spored again. Ember shut me almost down. Leech seed hits and Combusken was paralyzed.
    Then the battle go's this way:
    Combusken was paralyzed it can't move!
    Shroomish used headbutt
    Combusken was paralyzed it can't move!
    Shroomish used headbutt
    Until it fainted Then camed Shroomish, I switchst in Lombre to kil it.
    But then something terrible happend.
    I Faket out he was flinched
    It Stun spored and i used Astonish
    I got Parlyze hax four times in a row and i fainted because of Mega drain!
    Grovyle finisht it whit two quick attacks. Damn,
    i battled a Combusken with almost no damage and i lose one pokémon to a four levels lower Shroomish!?

Team:

Grovyle 'Blade'
    lv. 22
    - Rock tomb
    - Absorb
    - Quick attack
    - Pursuit

I'm a little bit disappointed about this guy his moves are not very strong and he did'nt do much.

Lombre 'GreenPizza'
    lv. 22
    - Astonish
    - Absorb
    - Nature power
    - Fake out

Se above he is not very strong, the only reason i got him is because of Fake out and the fact that Nature power changes to Earthquake on a beach and Shadow bal in a cave.

Shroomish 'Spore'
    lv. 22
    - Headbutt
    - Mega drain
    - Stun spore
    - Leech seed

Oh i love this little guy he was my last hope VS Brawly and he soloëd Combusken like it was nothing He go's never away, never

I now got two badges!

Maverick Hunter Zero

What Am I Fighting For?
    Years
  • Alright, I want to start this Challenge, but...I can't decide which type to choose! :15:

So the next person to reply in this thread can go ahead and decide for me and I'll get started!

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Yeah, Ground, Flying, Poison, Water or Normal are all pretty easy because of the various types you can get for the first three, and Water and Normal allow you to easily get strong attacks in most (if not all) of the types.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    Flying is probably the easiest type of all because of the easy dual types

Maverick Hunter Zero

What Am I Fighting For?
    Years
  • Well, I'm a man of my word, so Ground type it is! I'll be playing on Emerald and starting once I get back from a wedding I'm attending.

Official Stats Of The Challenge
    Name: Maverick Hunter Zero
    Type Choice: Ground
    Game Chosen: Emerald on VBA

Note:
    I've decided to take a different approach to my updates this time. This challenge is rarely going to have screenshots, unlike "Zero And Savior vs The World".

But, these updates will tell an original story, then after the story segment, I breifly list what in-game actual happened so as to cut out any chance of confusion.

Monotype Challenge

"...so now you think you're some kind of a Pokemon Trainer? You're nothing... You're a mistake. You're all the problems in my life wrapped up into a small piece of #### package that I just can't seem to throw away. Well, now I have the chance today to do that. You better be ready boy, because this battle isn't just about a badge, its about life and death now!"

Vincent looked up from his clenched fist, a smirk on his face.

"Are you done spewing garbage from your mouth, or are we going to battle... Father..."

=-=-=-=-=
    This isn't the story of the Pokemon trainer, Brendan.
    This is the story of the young man, Vincent.
    =-=-=-=-=

1. New Beginning

The pouring rain outside made the already cramped environment of the back of the moving van even more uncomfortable, as water had begun to drip from above.

A boy, with knees to his chest and arms folded, quietly sat, staring at the boxes of things that had been his companions through the journey from his old home to his new. The only noise was the sound of the rainfall and the occasional grinding of poor manual shifting by the driver.

Then, with a screech, the truck came to a halt. Two doors loudly opened and closed from the front of the truck, and suddenly the truck bed was pulled down.

"...well? Get out here, Vincent." A voice that was both smooth and sinister came from the new opening.

The boy sat himself up, pulling himself to his feet and jumping from the truck. The mud sloshed under his feet as he landed and thunder rolled in the distance. He could see that outside was just as bleak as it had been in the back. Dark clouds had already moved in and rain was falling at a high rate, making the woman standing before Vincent visually nervous.

"It would decide to downpour on our moving day, eh boy?" She seemed to let the word boy drip from her mouth like venom, and Vincent knew what was coming next. "Make sure the these boxes get inside. And be quick this time, these trucks cost money based on time."

"Yes Mother." Vincent spoke in stiff words. And with that, the woman turned and entered the house that the truck had parked in front of. It was a normal looking house, in a normal looking town, that would now house two normal people.

"Littleroot..." He quietly spoke the name of his new home to himself. Looking back into the truck, he could easily tell this was going to be a long task. He looked around to the driver's side of the car and saw the main mover standing underneath an umbrella with a sandwich in one hand and a cigarette in the other. Vincent attempted to shoot him a puzzled look, but the man never looked up from the muddy ground.

"Hey!" Vincent assertively shouted. The man looked up for a moment, gave an awful sneer, then looked back down to his sandwich.

"I'm on break kid, #### off."

Turning back to the boxes, he took a short yet deep sigh, stepping up into the truck once more to do what he had been told...

=-=-=-=-=
    "You wanna blame someone, blame that boy of yours! I didn't want to be a father, eh?! So screw this, screw you...and #### him!"
    =-=-=-=-=

Sitting up in his bed, covered in sweat and shaking slightly, Vincent held his head in his palms.

'The same nightmare again...always when something is going to happen...'He began to clear his mind of the words of his dream, and swung his legs over his new bed. He looked out into his empty room with the lone table and PC in the corner. He remembered the day his Mother had been forced to buy him that PC for schooling.

"I can't believe that its a requirement to have one of these! I better never see you use this for anything but school! If you aren't doing schoolwork, don't touch it!"

The red glow from his clock told him it was 8:00 AM, and Vincent sighed quietly. The rain outside was still coming down, and thunder sporadically broke the patterned sound of its fall on the house.

'Maybe a little fresh air...' Vincent pulled his things together and made his way downstairs. Crossing in front of his Mother's room, he saw it packed full of boxes, though her snores still obnoxiously could be heard past them all. Vincent merely pulled his coat collar tighter and made his way out the front door.

Rain smacked him in the face as soon as he stepped outside, and the sky was still darkened with rain clouds. In fact, Vincent noticed oddly that the only light coming from the town was from the giant warehouse building near the edge of town. Knowing nothing waited for him inside his room but hours spent staring at his ceiling, Vincent decided to investigate.

Approaching the windows, he peered inside, and nearly fell back in surprise.

"Pokemon...?" Vincent had only seen pictures and heard stories of these creatures. His home from before never had Pokemon. In fact, they had been deemed a threat to society on his island years before he had been born, and had all been either exterminated or deported to the mainlands. But here they were, inside what wasn't a warehouse, but a lab!

Scientist were moving quickly around the room, what Vincent knew were Pokeballs in their hands, and Pokemon were wildly running around. A man with an air of leadership about him stood near the back, shouting orders out to the other men and women in lab coats. Pressing closer to the window, Vincent could see that the scientist were gathering up Pokemon and placing them onto shelves on the side of room. He squinted his eyes to try and read what the shelves were labeled with, when suddenly, the window gave way and Vincent found himself tumbling into the building. Everything and everyone stopped what they were doing, and turned to look at the intruder. As Vincent picked himself off the floor, drenched clothing and all, he felt a hand grip his shoulder. Fear pulsed through his body as he looked up to see the man he had guessed to be the head scientist. The man looked sternly cold at Vincent, then smiled.

"You're early!"

To be continued...

Monotype Challenge

Summary:
    Vincent created.
    Set time.
    Met Prof. Birch. (Yes, I completely changed how this happens.)
    Obtained MUDKIP-(Mudkipz)
    ...that's it. Don't worry, usually more will actually happen in-game.

Well? What do you guys think? Is it worth it to do my updates like this? Let me know what you all think, and keep on battling!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2010
    I'm gonna use ground (sorry Maverick :p) on emerald!

Obvioulsly starting with Mupkipz!! :PD :D

Maverick Hunter Zero

What Am I Fighting For?
    Years
  • I'm gonna use ground (sorry Maverick :p) on emerald!

Obvioulsly starting with Mupkipz!! :PD :D

It'll be interesting to see how our challenge will compare to/differ from each other!

UPDATE:

Okay so alot has happened since my last update. I really gotta make sure I update more and not play a ton without writing down what I'm doing... I guess unless I'm doing some magnificent update, I get lost in playing the game. So I guess after this update, I'll do some journal logs in the point of view of Vincent. That way I don't forget to actually update.

Crappy Update:

Well first off, I remembered an important thing, which is that Mudkip's later evolutions are part ground! So hooray for that part!

I caught a Nincada, and then stuck an Everstone on it.

I've taken out two Gym leaders.

I'm now currently in Slateport.

---
    Mudkipz the Marshstomp
    Lvl. 22
    Tackle
    Foresight
    Mud Shot
    Water Gun
    ---
    Snappy the Nincada
    Lvl.12
    Scratch
    Harden
    Leech Life
    Flash

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • Too late for me to join? :p

I'm starting to get back into Pokemon again and I wanna do every generation :o

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • You're good to go.

And why do you have a Nincada on your team, Zero? It seems like it hurts more than helps, with the lack of exp. that Mudkip would be getting.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2018
    Al Right another update.
    After i beated may i catched a Oddish and grinded it to 25 It evolved in a gloom.
    Gloom sweeped away Wally's Ralts and beated the trainers in the gym.
    Used some potions and tryed Wattson. I get my next badge!
    Mach punch took out the Magne's and Gloom the rest.
    Did some things like smash the stones in the tunnel and now i'm at the house of that old wife that wants to heal your pokémon to times

My team:

Grovyle 'Blade'
    lv. 26
    - Rock tomb
    - Absorb
    - Quick attack
    - Pursuit

I start to like this thing more and more.

Lombre 'GreenPizza'
    lv. 27
    - Strength
    - Absorb
    - Nature power
    - Fake out

With strength it finally got a strong move.

Breloom 'Spore'
    lv. 22
    - Headbutt
    - Mega drain
    - Mach punch
    - Leech seed

This thing is so cool! Headbutt and Mega drain sweeped everything away and Mach punch take out everything what survives. Leech seed Provides heal and cuts away strong or hard gymleader pokémon.

EDIT

You don't believe this. This is a short update i post my team soon. I grinded en batteld Flannery The slugma's where down fast but Torkoal killt every pokémon exept Gloom (Overheats PP was 0) and with Poison powder a dire hit and Acid i survived and Killed the Torkoal, Paralyzed and with one HP left... That was the coolest battle ever! I got my fourth badge!

EDIT Again

Can someone post please? I beaten Norman and now in New Mauville i post my team later. Fifth badge obtained!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back