• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monster Rancher hack-idea--requiring a little assistance.

Colin

TotW spriter
Years
  • Hey, uh--I'm not too good at hacking, but this was something I got to wanting to do after playing Monster Rancher DS.
    Being a fan of both franchises, I thought it would be interesting to fuse the two, like an alternate dimension or something, but I'm still not too sure on that. ^ ^;

Anyway, My main problem is mapping, making tiles, and overall story--I'm an okay story-teller, but I can't figure out how to pan this one out. < <;
    I'm willing to do all the sprite work, but I think I need some help with other stuff--so far, I've gotten the basic walking animations done for the Male character, but that's about it.

I've also already thought out some type settings, and who the starters will be, but I'm struggling with what I mentioned before.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2018
    Hey, uh--I'm not too good at hacking, but this was something I got to wanting to do after playing Monster Rancher DS.
    Being a fan of both franchises, I thought it would be interesting to fuse the two, like an alternate dimension or something, but I'm still not too sure on that. ^ ^;

Anyway, My main problem is mapping, making tiles, and overall story--I'm an okay story-teller, but I can't figure out how to pan this one out. < <;
    I'm willing to do all the sprite work, but I think I need some help with other stuff--so far, I've gotten the basic walking animations done for the Male character, but that's about it.

I've also already thought out some type settings, and who the starters will be, but I'm struggling with what I mentioned before.

I have gathered more than 1k monster in monster rancher. You will do a lot of spriting here. I can give you the list that I have. I can suggest you use fire red 1460 as rombase if you want this idea.

Back