• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monthly Video Game Showdown - Villains (Finale)

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    When it comes to the final two choices, I am going to go with this vote:

Sephiroth x GLaDOS

My reasoning for choosing to vote for Sephiroth is because he shows up in Final Fantasy VII, Crisis Core, Advent Children, Last Order, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, two of the Itadeki Street games, Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring, Dissidia, Dissidia 012 duodecim, Thearhythm, and Thearhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call. Plus in Dissidia and in Dissidia 012 duodecim, he is playable. Where as GLaDOS only shows up in Portal, Portal 2 and Poker Night 2. Also GLaDOS is never playable.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    I want to pick Sephiroth, but I have to ask myself if that's a biased choice because I love the Final Fantasy series, or if I genuinely think he's a better villain than GLaDOS. They're both so insane, twisted and cruel. GLaDOS is such a unique and memorable character, and I love how the seemingly helpful robot "guiding" you since the beginning is really the antagonist of the game.

Still, as Sephiroth's backstory is more fleshed out, I feel like he has more cause for becoming a villain in the first place, and though what he did was unforgivable, I sympathise with him as well. In my mind that's part of what makes a villain good - no matter how much you hate them, there's some way for you to feel for them and understand why they are the way they are, and they aren't evil just because. So.

Sephiroth x GLaDOS

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    lol Sephiroth vs GLaDOS

I pick GLaDOS.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Sephiroth VS. GLaDOS

Estuans interius ira vehementi, estuans interius ira vehementi, Sephiroth! Sephiroth!

Back