• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moosick

droomph

weeb
Years
  • How inclined are you musically? Can you just pick up an instrument and play? Or do you need to be retrained for every instrument you play?

Me myself I can safely say I can play every brass instrument up to a teumpet, and then I can sorta play drums and play the violin and stuff :P also I'm officially sorta good at piano.

What about you?

Last edited:

outfox

in
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2013
    I've been playing piano since I was three, and I consider it a base instrument for learning other instruments. It takes time but I can always figure out an instrument I pick up, just something I've always been decent at. Unfortunately I'm not technically trained so there's not a whole lot I can do with the skill career-wise.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I played the recorder when I was... 8. I hated it, though. I only did it cause it was a school course, actually. So stupid.

On the other hand, I play guitar, and I've been playing for about a year. Admittingly, I don't really commit to learning, but I know how to play a few songs. It's fun to play.

I'd also love to learn how to play bass guitar. Learning with your fingers for a bass looks cool.

Nothing else though.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • I can play Hot Cross Buns on a recorder... :P

I have no musical talent whatsoever. I failed at learning the basics of how to read music, I have no rhythm, and no interest in learning how to play instruments. The only thing I can really do is make up jingles in my head but I can't execute them :I

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • I can really only play bass. I can manage a bit on guitar, but I suck at proper picking technique, so I can't really do so well. Honestly, bass is a lot more interesting to me than most instruments.

I would like to buy a keyboard sometime though.

Years
  • I play trombone, so I can play other brass instruments (although I don't know any notes) I learned some clarinet so I can do a bit of that and saxophone since you put your hands in the same place. Can't play flute for the life of me, and I'm pretty terrible at piano.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I can play the piano. I used to take drumming lessons for a few weeks. I never got to learn to play the guitar, though I've always thought it was interesting to learn.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    Piano is the only thing I'm partial to. As a kid I've spent majority of my time practicing it, but it rusted as time passed. Now, it's been sold to my cousin and I can't incline myself to any musical instrument anymore.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • When I get on the piano, I can play Chopsticks like nobody's business. Other than that, I have no musical talent whatsoever lol.

Years
  • I'm tone deaf and have bad fine motor skills so I was never gonna have musical talent without a lot of work. Even then I tried learning piano, but I could never get my little and ring fingers to reach those keys they're supposed to play.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I tried almost every instrument there is, and the only instrument that I am good at is the drums. Unfortunately, I can't really use the floor drum that well, so that's a problem. :(

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Just because you can play one instrument that's similar to another doesn't mean you can properly play another...

That said, I can play trumpet (most experience on this), clarinet, and the flute.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • That's one of those things that I'm definitely more skilled with listening to as opposed to actually participating in. I tried wind instruments back in elementary school, and became short of breath too quickly for that to be feasible. And I don't have the dexterity to play many other instruments, either.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I started playing the piano when I was 4, and though that's the only instrument that I've really stuck with, I've dabbled with the violin (which ended horribly) and the drums as well. I think years of playing the piano have kinda ruined me for other instruments, as all I can really think about is how they're not pianos. Case in point: the guitar. We were given some in a Music lesson in school to play around with, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get my fingers in any of the right configurations at all to play any of the chords. Coincidentally, the only other kid in my class who couldn't do it was the other piano-freak like me! :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • If I find a flute, I'd remember the notes to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and play it again. But it's been FOREVER since I played an instrument so I am not sure how well my skills are now.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I was fairly good with trumpet when I played in middle school, but I never put that much effort into it and quit in 8th grade so all I remember is how to play the scale. I also play a bit of guitar but not enough to be considered even passable haha. I enjoy playing instruments but I'm not passionate enough for long enough to get really, really good at it.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • I can play the instruments I've learned/been taught to play (Sax, Piano, Guitar [Bass as well], Voice), but I couldn't just pick up a random instrument I don't play like the trumpet and play it well, if that's what you mean. Non-one can do that though.

Also, being able to play other brass instruments if you can play the trumpet isn't that hard since most of them are in Bb anyway (and therefore the fingering is the same). As long as you can adjust your lip to the bigger/smaller mouthpiece correctly, using the valves to produce the notes is exactly the same as if you were playing a trumpet (obvious exceptions are Trombone and French Horn).

I can play the Soprano, Tenor and Baritone Saxophones to a certain degree, but again, that's because the fingering is exactly the same as it is for the Alto Sax (my main instrument).

Back