• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More 2D Games on Consoles

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
  • Just because consoles are powerful these days and have amazing 3D graphics, but is it just me or do they need to be making more 2D games on consoles.

I mean how awesome would a new Metroid game be in the Wii, a 2D Halo on the Xbox 360, etc...

These powerful machines could produce some beautiful high resolution sprites.

What do you guys think? What 2D games would you want to see on the current consoles.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    I doubt that any 2d games would ever come out onto those types of consoles (Wii, 360, PS3) because as you said the consoles are extremely powerful, so they would usually try and get its limit, which is 3d games.

Also graphics are a lot to some gamers, some people can't stand games just because of their graphics, as I know a few who won't play a certain game because it's look, they didn't even try it out. (The game is SC2 btw, if you wanted to know)

But 2d games are suited for handhelds (Such as Metroid Dread, which will be a continuation of Metroid Fusion) As they can handle them a lot better than 3d games (Excluding PSP, mainly referring to DS)

But there are sometimes where you get a rare gem, Odin Sphere on PS2 which is a hard game too find (It was for me as I live in Aus, so no amazon naturally won't send it to me)

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl has 2-D single player side scroller levels, though I would love to see some more games incorporate those elements once again.

Sonic the Hedgehog is a great example, having not made as great a jump to 3D as Mario; he would be much more successful in a new 2D game on a newer console (as evident with Sonic Rush for the DS).

Kirby is another example, they have yet to make a truly 3D Kirby game yet, and I doubt they ever will (though it'd be interesting to see how they'd pull it off, 2D is Kirby's true element).

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2013
    More 2D Games on Consoles
    in 2-d i realy dont like the games except pokemon diamond

Back