• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More D/P-style custom Fakemon revamps.

Years
  • Well, I decided to take a break from my recent large-scale pixel art craze and return to my roots with game-style Fakemon. I didn't like the way some of my older sprites looked, so I decided to redo them, using what I've learned about higher spriting techniques.

My water-type starter line used to look like this. (You guys might have seen them in my old Fakemon thread.) Not only was I not very fond of the spriting job, the lower two forms look like Croconaw knock-offs, and the final form looks nothing like the creature it's based on (baryonyx).

Oh, and Allorive used to look like this:
    Rofl.

I decided to revamp their designs and sprite their new look in more of a D/P style:

And yes, in case it wasn't obvious, they're all from scratch. I don't use base sprites anymore.

#007 Allorive
    Type: Fisher Pokémon
    Element: Water
    Ht: 2'0"
    Wt: 29 lbs.
    Ability: Torrent
    Evolution: Allorive-->(Lv. 16) Dreonyx-->(Lv. 36) Glydrosher
    Data: Although they are at home both on land and in water, Allorive love to swim against the current in swift rivers to build their strength.

#008 Dreonyx
    Type: Claw Pokémon
    Element: Water
    Ht: 4'0"
    Wt: 124 lbs.

#009 Glydrosher
    Type: Baryonyx Pokémon
    Element: Water/Ancient
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 353 lbs.

~Chibi~

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    What are base sprites?
    Oh and they are really good, except theold one look like they are watching directly to the right, if you know what I mean...

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • chibi your sprites are very good, but on allorive are the spikes on its head suppossed to be on the top of the haed cause in the art it appears as if one horn is behind the other

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
  • I likes me some baryonyx. <3 And I like water/dragony things. Nice stuff.

I think the older ones look more real though, if real is what you're going for.

Back during second gen, I drew a pokemon and named it's second evolve Groundon... To my horror when third gen brougt out Groudon.

I think the third one was called Groundoor and the first Granite. They looked like Nido/Aerodacytle hybrids, to be honest.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    The Advanced-style sprites are nice, but the DP-style sprites are a bit awkward-looking.

Years
  • What are base sprites?
    Oh and they are really good, except theold one look like they are watching directly to the right, if you know what I mean...
    Base sprites is using an already existing Pokemon sprite, well...as a base to make a Fakemon from it, rather than from scratch.
    chibi your sprites are very good, but on allorive are the spikes on its head suppossed to be on the top of the haed cause in the art it appears as if one horn is behind the other
    Hmm...two of the spikes are one behind the other on the top, and the third horn is coming out from the side...so...it's kind of both, unless I'mmissing something. :P
    I likes me some baryonyx. <3 And I like water/dragony things. Nice stuff.

I think the older ones look more real though, if real is what you're going for.
    Real as in more like an actual Pokemon design, or real as in realistic, cause the old ones were flat. : P
    The Advanced-style sprites are nice, but the DP-style sprites are a bit awkward-looking.
    Hm, well while I'm open to advice on the D/P ones, I can't see how the adv-style ones were better, since they were made of fail in every way. =P Shading, AA, design, anatomy, color choice...

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

~Chibi~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    Woow! These are really nice! You have scratching talent. keep up the good work

Back