• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen More fun playing XY?

Years
  • Ok so I just beat the elite for in Omega Ruby and yes I know I still have the delta episode to play and all that but is it just me or I feel like I have way more fun playing Pokemon X over Omega Ruby. I mean you don't get the new mega evolutions in X but can someone co-sign me on this or am I just not playing the game right or something lol. Can I get some other people's opinions

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Well, there's no right way to play the game, and everyone has their preferences. That said, I found the two sets of game to be about equal. I enjoyed the both just the same and I found them both to be amazing. That said, I really did enjoy soaring, the Delta Episode, and the Hoenn region a lot. I didn't feel like the lack of trainer customization took away from that experience.

Years
  • Yea I think Omega probly has more to do story wise but I do love the player customization in X, honestly I feel like I didn't really pay as close attention to Omega as I should have in my first play through and I should start over lol

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Is there anything in particular you liked better about X? Like Otamajakushi said, there's no right or wrong way to play and everyone has their preferences~ X&Y have a lot of advantages over OR/AS and vice versa, so there's nothing wrong with liking one set of games over the other.

I'm pretty partial to OR/AS when it comes to collecting Pokémon and completing the Dex, but X&Y is where I tend to do a lot of breeding and competitive team building. It's all a matter of taste, really.

Years
  • I'm partial to X/Y simply because it was a new story and a new region compared to the OR/AS remake.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the remake because I do like the fact that the Pokedex is actually possible to fill. But, X/Y being a brand new set of everything offered more excitement imo

Years
  • Honestly I'm playing threw both titles over again and I still think I like X more than OR, like you just said nothing against the remakes and I do like that they have new mega evolutions like mega gallade, mega sceptile, and my personal favorite mega metagross lol but the character customization the new region and new Pokemon I think I like the XY games more than the ORAS

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I played OR before X/Y and honestly I prefer OR. I enjoyed X/Y for trainer customisation, and rollerskates and I loved being part of a group of friends rather than the usual you/rival thing but the polish of OR just made gameplay more fun.

X/Y seemed clunky and lacking in some areas and the extras they tried like animal riding mostly felt unfinished and hard work rather than fun. And I played through both X and Y so Ive played these games more than OR. Story wise both are good honestly, I think X/Y the legendaries were more tacked on rather than a deep part of the story.

Years
  • Given the look of recent threads in this board, others do seem to agree. You sort of wonder if comparing a re-make to those isn't a bit ambiguous, which aspects of this game did you not prefer, the new ones or the older ones? Otherwise, obviously it might make sense to prefer X/Y as games, and OR/AS can go wrong easily because it quickly degenerates into a collection of unrelated gameplay elements superimposed upon a different game, which needn't be as holistic in an accurate sense. That said, OR/AS may have cut away certain aspects of the newer games in the series which are annoying and also cluttered - as FR/LG may have been preferred to the later D/P because the beginning was not just a cut-scene interspersed with QTEs, with a really out-of-place tone for the series, to set up the rest of the game as it was 'intended' to be played - but at the same time was cluttered with enough game-play elements foreign to the originals and things to give an appearance of 'new' content that it would make sense not to like it as much. You might enjoy it for their meditations on the details of re-making older games and whether they mean to replace them or equate to them. Choose wisely.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    It's just a matter of opinion, but I liked Pokemon X or Alpha Sapphire too personally. It was just that there were a lot more new Pokemon in X, a new adventure and I liked the cities and villages more than in OR/AS. Both were great games, but like I said earlier it's just a matter of opinion. There are things that make OR/AS better than X/Y as well, like more to do post-game which is great.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Maybe, I only find friend safari and legendary pokemons interesting in X and Y. I like collecting hidden ability pokemons.

Back