• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen more gyms

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    this thread is for people to speculate weather or not that there will be more then the normal standard of 8 gyms in isshu.

i personally would love to see more then 8 gyms.
    not exactly like SS/HG. but more gyms you can beat during the main story.
    or maybe optional gyms.

discuss.

Years
    I heard there were going to be less gyms. I'd like it if there were less gyms though, that means a whole new plot and different storyline than the usual '8 badges,elite four,champion' thing.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Maybe just Gyms here and there, and we only have to gain 8 badges to challenge the E4. As we've seen in the anime, trainers have shown 8 badges, though the location of all some of them aren't known. Perhaps they could just let the Gym Leader's Pokemon levels match your to a certain extent and we could just challenge the Gyms however.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    i would like it if there were alot of gyms, say maybe one of each type but you only have to do 8 of them for the elite 4 + champion(s)

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
    All of you guys are thinking stuff that is obviously not going to happen... <.> It's annoying, but anyways, 8 gyms is obvious unless we can visit another region.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I kind of hope for the Dark Town episode of Pokemon type gym where if you side with one gym it becomes the official gym of Hiun City... I hope for multiple gyms so you can fight 1 of 2 gyms for the 1st badge... etc... but that wont happen unless they scale stuff nicely... it would be great to choose the order of your gyms...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    All of you guys are thinking stuff that is obviously not going to happen... <.> It's annoying, but anyways, 8 gyms is obvious unless we can visit another region.
    A speculator can dream right?

As much as I'd like for there to be more than just eight gyms in one region, some being optional like in the anime itself, I doubt it would happen. It would be a nice twist though and would definitely break the usual pattern of game play a bit.

It's strange that no definite information has been given about the gyms as yet though. While I still think there will be gyms to compete in, I'm still on the fence that this game's sequence could be different from the past generations.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011

They don't HAVE to stick to the same boring routine every time...

NOTHING is obviously... ANYTHING can happen...

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't see them making more or less gyms in this game. Nor do I want them to.

Though, it would be interesting if all eight gyms were in Hiun City. You'd have to explore and do plot related events elsewhere before they open; however.

Also, it'd be interesting if the types of some of the Gyms varied between versions.

IceFireLighnting

I think that there should be more little dojos where you trained, like the fighting dojo in Saffron City. Y'know, so we can toughen up our team, six trainers, and the master would give you a pokemon of the dojo's type if you beat all of the trainers. Not the Master, though.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well how about somthing like the anime! You could have like, 12 gyms but you only need 8 badges to enter the league!

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I have a feeling that each game is going to have several differences when it comes to the gyms in each version.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    what if you had a huge tower and on each floor there's a gym after you beat the elite four but you still have 8 gyms to beat before elite four

D3r Schatten

shiny collector
    Years
    hmmm more gyms might be a better idea, because the whole elite 4 thing is kinda dumb with lvl 50's and 60's, so maybe 10 gyms? and then possibly optional gyms where you fight to win random items like protien and carbos or maybe TMs and berries and such, maybe they could even make a "create your own gym" type deal where you spent your own money on decor and gym size and hiring other trainers to fight in them. i think that would be fun ^^

Back