• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

more ideas to flesh out the games

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
  • So I woke up today with the idea that we should be able to open our own gym (end) game or at least challange our friends as the champion of the area after beating the current champion. think about it though, it would utilize whole secret base type thing although I haven't used this in current gen) we could build our own gyms and have our friends come to our games and challenge our gym, would be a great addition to the game.

this probably has a better place but please bare with me, I don't know why way around yet.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Mmm I think I'll move this down to PGC since it can apply for any of the games and even future games.

Moved

I agree that having our own gyms (and more in-depth than what we can do with ORAS secret bases) would be cool, or even actually defending our title as Champion once we've cleared the main story.

Uh....if I had an idea myself I would post it but I can't think of anything atm.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    that would be cool. could you make your own badge or something?
    what would be even cooler is a amibo-esque way of teaching your NPC Gym leader to beat you, buy studying the way you battle.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've always admired the idea of us having to defend our championship title after gaining.

Logically, it would make sense. If it were real life, we would have to do just that if we would like to remain champion, and if we refuse, we would likely find ourselves being stripped after some time, and title would be vacant--anyone would be able to grab it if they are ready. Would definitely enjoy seeing GameFreak implementing these aspects, and I'm sure others would feel the same!

As far as starting our own gym and whatnot, that would be quite fun, too. Personally, I know I'd definitely have fun running one; taking on trainer challenges, handing-out badges, reward money, and so forth. If a feature like this were to exist, one type-group I would likely consider specializing in is fire, since a lot of my favorite Pokémon are categorized in it (both appearance-wise and competitively).

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2015
    Maybe a part of the world where people can walk alongside each other and actually to each other like a virtual town. Not only battle but just chat and show each other their character and such.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • A dubstep and industrial centered soundtrack might help attract a wider demograph. Heck, grab some of that Noisia and Knife Party and we can have a pokemon game with a beast of an OST.

Speaking of music, more minigames that are relevant to the story/progression or help gain more items and money would help, aside from just ransacking trainers of their money all the time. Mini games that reward players money and items are what i have in mind.

Also, I wish there's the dual or paired Evil Teams like how they did in Hoenn (RSEORAS) but in a way that BOTH the evil teams are encountered and interacted with. (Emerald). I wish they go for something like, Evil Team A - what most players and the audience see as the primary evil team and then there's Evil team B - the team that wishes to counter Evil Team B.

Also, I had Persona in mind when i was thinking of this: SOCIAL LINKS! Basically, be-friending certain NPS and trainer classes will give some super good benefits to the player, as well as affect how the player's journey in that region will be.

Back