• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen More=Less in the Pokeworld?

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
    I was reading how to duplicate your pokemon on a site and i started thinking. If almost everyone knows about this, then does that mean that in D/P there might be a million shiny rayquazas, so when you go to put your hard earned shiny rayquaza, up for trade no one wants, or needs it. And all you wanted to do with it was trade it. What do you guys think will happen to the world of rare, and shiny pokemon when wifi comes? Will a shiny kyogre be as common as zizagoon? Or will the poke world still strive for rares? What do you think?

Hippo

Cookie MOnster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2007
    I think there will be a ton out there from people Duping stuff on Emerald, then PalParking it over, maybe enough to meet the demand for them, but i don't know.
    Theres also the chance that people will want better IVs and natures on rare pokes, and i think those will trade better.

Thinking of all the trading, you better be able to change nicknames of traded pokes now... it would just be a pain having to deal with a name someone you'll never know came up with. Like if they named it a crap name and you really needed it...

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    supply > demand.

thank god. all those shinies and rare pokes will be worth nothing, and finally people will learn how to play the game the way it should be played.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    I think there will be a ton out there from people Duping stuff on Emerald, then PalParking it over, maybe enough to meet the demand for them, but i don't know.
    Theres also the chance that people will want better IVs and natures on rare pokes, and i think those will trade better.

Thinking of all the trading, you better be able to change nicknames of traded pokes now... it would just be a pain having to deal with a name someone you'll never know came up with. Like if they named it a crap name and you really needed it...

Yeah, i agree thats why im only trading with people from here, so that if they want a nickname on a certain pokemon, ill give it the name then trade it to them!

But if i was say, looking for a Cherinbo, and someone named it a stupid name such as cutey, id breed then keep it as the official name.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years

Bingo.

I honestly couldn't care less about shiny pokemon; they serve me no purpose. That's why I was so happy to get Pokerus over a Shiny.

BUT a pokemon with a few perfect IVs (Like a Beldum I just hatched yesterday: perfect 31 IV in both HP and Attack, but a piss-poor Speed, sadly; although my fancy of Agility counters that completely), now that is useful. I'd easily trade a Shiny Rayquaza, granted I had one, for a Beldum with a 31 IV in all stats, which I would say the occurrence of THAT is much more rare than a Shiny.

To me, bargaining for IVs is much more interesting than bargaining for shinies. But eh, to each their own.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Bingo.

I honestly couldn't care less about shiny pokemon; they serve me no purpose. That's why I was so happy to get Pokerus over a Shiny.

BUT a pokemon with a few perfect IVs (Like a Beldum I just hatched yesterday: perfect 31 IV in both HP and Attack, but a piss-poor Speed, sadly; although my fancy of Agility counters that completely), now that is useful. I'd easily trade a Shiny Rayquaza, granted I had one, for a Beldum with a 31 IV in all stats, which I would say the occurrence of THAT is much more rare than a Shiny.

To me, bargaining for IVs is much more interesting than bargaining for shinies. But eh, to each their own.

Agree. Only few of my poke had pervect IV. Vaporeon HP, Flareon Attack (why must i got perfect iv's in 2 eeveelutions i used less), Arcanine HP and Attack. And other eeveelutions just come close (Espeon and Jolteon 30 in both spd and Sp Atk, Umby in Sp def) =\ even after breed more than 100 eevee (and no one shiny yet).

I don't care for pokerus since had it since a long time ago and it could be given without cloning (I had given i to my friend by trading pokemon with pokerus).

Shiny... I had some already (Whismur,Manectric (caught as elektrike), Tentacruel), some are even already lost (sentret in FR, and anouther whismur in Ruby). And beside different color it doesn't matter much. I want shiny eeveelution though

Dr_random

I am... All of Me
    Years
    it's very simple. your shinys might be good the first day as you can only give 6 to diamond and pearl a day. then, pokemon like sandshrew and pikachu become the wanted ones as everyone is sick of the legendaries. then, after everyone gets the sandshrews and stuff like that, the'll realize the released/lost their legendaries, and you might get your works worth before the duplicatiion starts over again.

Samson

Years
    why pikachu and sanshrew? the idea is people will learn that raichu and sandslash suck XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Most of the D/P users will be too ignorant to realize that you can duplicate.

I'm not saying it in a mean way, simply an honestly truthful way.

Years
    Shiny pokemon are pretty overrated.

Sure, they have a different color, but it is really going to matter in battle? I don't think so.

Besides, you can see all the shinies online anyway, I'm not saying I wouldnt catch it in the wild, its just they don't have any nice bonus during battle...

Dr_random

I am... All of Me
    Years
    why pikachu and sanshrew? the idea is people will learn that raichu and sandslash suck XD

too true. the reason being they are not rare.

I wish i knew how to duplicate.

there are also those freaks-like me-who know one pokemon they can't have enough of. so there you have it. you are now free to make your counterstatement, samson.

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
    Well since IVs are so coveted in pokemon, what if someone found a way to breed pokemon with perfect IVs? Of course you say that it's impossible but that's problably what people said when we found out how to duplicate. But since that is years from now when people get bored with D/P, and hack it while they wait for another pokemon game, i guess i should be concerned about getting those perfect IVs. As for what you said DR.Random, i would pay 999999 poke money to get a shiny Absol with Perfect IVs. So i can understand what your trying to say, but in actuality not that many people like pickachu.

Hippo

Cookie MOnster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2007
    supply > demand.

thank god. all those shinies and rare pokes will be worth nothing, and finally people will learn how to play the game the way it should be played.

Enjoying shiny pokemon isn't the "wrong" way to play the game. Its just a different way to play from battling. heck, its maybe split because half of the idea in the game is collecting (though its not as popular).

Some shinys are really cool though. I'd LOVE a shiny pokemon (well, some pokes) with good IVs. Some shinys just look cooler than the normal and they're rare... (maybe they'll still be rare...)

When I'm breeding after i catch 31 fricking ditto, and i hatch a shiny at the last stage with the nature and 3 perfect IVs, i'd use it over a normal poke, just because its rare (And has pwnage IVs)

Samson

Years
    Enjoying shiny pokemon isn't the "wrong" way to play the game. Its just a different way to play from battling. heck, its maybe split because half of the idea in the game is collecting (though its not as popular).

Some shinys are really cool though. I'd LOVE a shiny pokemon (well, some pokes) with good IVs. Some shinys just look cooler than the normal and they're rare... (maybe they'll still be rare...)

When I'm breeding after i catch 31 fricking ditto, and i hatch a shiny at the last stage with the nature and 3 perfect IVs, i'd use it over a normal poke, just because its rare (And has pwnage IVs)

i wasn't inferring it was the wrong way to play... it's just a senseless way of playing it. rather than trying to out all the different kinds of pokemon and experience their abilities, so many focus on getting something that means nothing. you might as well do some extra chores around the house and hope your folks give you enough money so that you can get a gameshark or action replay so that you can *effortlessly* regulate your pokemon's traits. but of course you won't do that... that's cheating, right? as far as i'm concerned, it's no different as cloning glitches and trading for those cloned pokes. it's definitely NOT the same thing, but you'd still be contradicting yourself in the premise that you WANT to work hard to find a pokemon with traits you prefer.

Back