• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen More Pokemon?

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
  • Seriously? 69/70 new Pokemon? There has to be an explanation for this... Is 718 the current maximum of Pokemon? Or have Nintendo got plans that we don't know about.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    Apparently, there are three mystery event Pokemon leaked by Serribii that will be released via mystery gift. Other than that, no, that is most likely the total number of Pokemon introduced this generation. However, Pokemon can be very easily hidden in these games, unlike their predecessors. For all we know, they could have a lot more Pokemon to release, but this is highly unlikely.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • There's 3 more hidden Pokemon are that likely event Pokemon. But other than that, no, there's no more in the game.

They could release an update that has more new Pokemon or more mega-evolutions; or the next game could be released sooner and have new Pokemon idk.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • We have over 700 Pokemon to work with, so I'm ok with the the few dozen new Pokemon. I'd rather them focus on more new features than more Pokemon.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The primary foci this generation were to a) create a vibrant 3D world, and b) to tweak the competitive metagame's balance. Those undertakings probably detracted a lot of Game Freak's resources away from creating new pokemon.

I really can't complain though. The 69 (allegedly 72) new pokemon we did get were of really high quality on average and much more balanced than the crop we got in GenV.

Years
  • Apparently, there are three mystery event Pokemon leaked by Serribii that will be released via mystery gift. Other than that, no, that is most likely the total number of Pokemon introduced this generation. However, Pokemon can be very easily hidden in these games, unlike their predecessors. For all we know, they could have a lot more Pokemon to release, but this is highly unlikely.

Nope. These event pokemon could be in x and y but there probally wont be an event for them in X and Y but there might be in the next game, thats just how gamefreak is.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    We have over 700 Pokemon to work with, so I'm ok with the the few dozen new Pokemon. I'd rather them focus on more new features than more Pokemon.

^This.\

Count the Mega Evolutions and the new features and all the old pokemon you can find in the wild... and they've done a pretty good job with this game, minus the post-game.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm not complaining. We got a mix of Kanto and Unova Pokémon with others thrown in for flavour from other generations. With 450 Pokémon in the Dex and a lot of players having favourites from those generations, I think the idea was to create a great 3D experience for those overall favourites by including them immediately. Bank will allow the few missing (and the legendaries) to appear later.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I'm really happy with the amount of Pokémon they have in X and Y. It's not too little, and it's not too many, either. It's in-between, which is perfect. (: There may be a few more hidden Pokémon though, just waiting to be found out about. Three of which were already revealed by Serebii, as it's been stated in one of the posts above. Their names are Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion, and rock/fairy, psychic/ghost, and fire/water are their types, respectively. These Pokémon haven't actually been confirmed, but there's a few evidences in the game that help to prove their existence (such as the availability of their names on GTS). d:

One Pokémon that I really wanted to see in X and Y is an evolution for Jynx. I could understand why they decided not to do it, though. Jynx's caused a lot of controversies in the past, and if they brought any attention back to it, they might have to deal with the same issues again. I also wanted to see a Lucario evolution. Well, at least it's got a mega-evolution though, so that's good!

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm all right with Lucario as-is. It already packs a bit of power at an early level, or such has been my experience. Only in hacks is its power Nerfed due to crappy move pools.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Game Freak adds on average 100 new pokemon each Generation. Gen5 added more than average, Gen6 added less than average. So, it averages out.

There are about 150 pokemon catchable before the Second Gym.

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • There's the three three unreleased event pokemon Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion (Numbers 719, 720 and 721 in the pokedex respectively). I don't think there are anymore new pokemon other than those three, but I think there are A LOT more mega evolutions that are unrevealed.

Years
  • There's the three three unreleased event pokemon Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion (Numbers 719, 720 and 721 in the pokedex respectively). I don't think there are anymore new pokemon other than those three, but I think there are A LOT more mega evolutions that are unrevealed.

Definitely...I'd expect some event mega stone distributions in the coming months.
    cough..cough...Milotic....cough...cough

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    We have no way of knowing if there will be new pokemon beyond the event pokemon. The same way we had no way of knowing mega evolution was coming.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    There are about 150 pokemon catchable before the Second Gym.
    Actually, more than that. If you take the time and effort to level up every single Pokémon found, also trading between games and assuming you traded for all starters (Kalos AND Kanto), evolving them completely as well, you have 150 in the Central Dex - minus maybe 6 or 8 that have to be fished with better rods - plus another 70 (Snubbull, #71, is the first one after that city), subtracting another 17 (#26-#28, #30-#42; Luvdisc, #29, catchable by this point) that are also fishing finds in Route 8 or Cyllage City. In that end, you have - again, including ALL evolutions possible if you import items and trade strategically to evolve your favourite - 150 - 8 + 70 - 17 = 142 + 53 = 195 Pokémon that can be indexed immediately. Note that I include Magikarp and Luvdisc in my math as they can be found using the Old Rod, which I think you get by that point. Even without, it still exceeds 190.

There's the three three unreleased event pokemon Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion (Numbers 719, 720 and 721 in the pokedex respectively).
    We do not know they are #719-#721. We are assuming there is nothing else in the middle. Which may be correct.

Years
  • I thought we had way too many new Pokemon in 5th generation and the supposed "reboot" wasn't really that successful. 70 is more than fine for me.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    It was not meant to be shown, but not confirmed? That's as ambiguous as you can get.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I like it that way. I like all the new pokemon, which wasnt the case in previous editions which had an abundance of pokemon I could have done without. Anyway I think there are so many choices already in the game that I kind of felt overwhelmed by the choice.

Back