• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen More Pokemon?

DittosGonnaDitto

Failed Clone #123,456,789
    Years
    I honestly wasn't a fan of the majority of wild Pokemon being from past generations. If I wanted to catch a Pokemon from a past generation, I would play a game from that generation. Although, some Pokemon, like Pikachu and other very recognizable Pokemon, I have no problem with reappearing. I think Black/White 2 and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum handled the old and new balance better. There were enough of each to give you a better choice, and not just overwhelm you with a bunch of old or a bunch of new Pokemon. But, I digress.

Years
    We have over 700 Pokemon to work with, so I'm ok with the the few dozen new Pokemon. I'd rather them focus on more new features than more Pokemon.

This, and a million times this.
    Besides, out of every usual 150 new pokémon we'd get, I would only end up using no more than 5 - 10.
    Out of the 70 new Pokémon we got now, I ended up using no more than 5 - 10.

In comparison I am using twice as many new Pokémon this Gen, than in previous Gens.

Years
    This is the only thing I don't like about the game. The new Pokemon are all amazing. I didn't find 1 ugly Pokemon. But I didn't like that the wild new Pokemon were so limited.

But, I can understand why they did that. They had to make 3D models(and their moves) for all the old Pokemon and the Mega Evolutions and all those new features. But I expect more new Pokemon in the next generation. :)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Initially, I was a little disappointed by the small number of new Pokémon. However, I was more than impressed with how well rounded a majority of them were. Black and White game us over 150 new Pokémon and a lot of them aren't even that impressionable when used in battle. I also think that the focus on less new Pokémon allowed for better designs, as I like quite a lot of the new Pokémon this generation.

So I can't say I'm disappointed anymore, but I would like for there to be at least 100 next gen. Since a lot of older Pokémon were included, and it really was A LOT, much of the new Pokémon got lost in the mix. I would have liked if the new Pokémon at least stood out just a bit more. But like I said, the mass of new Pokémon are really good this time around, so I can't be too angry about that.

Nope. These event pokemon could be in x and y but there probally wont be an event for them in X and Y but there might be in the next game, thats just how gamefreak is.
    They could use one or two as events for X and Y, and save the last one for the inevitable third installments or sequels. I doubt they'd hold off all three for X an Y's third companion.

We have no way of knowing if there will be new pokemon beyond the event pokemon. The same way we had no way of knowing mega evolution was coming.
    While at the same time, we still don't know if we've seen every mega evolution from this generation. With the Torchic event comes the possibility that they could be saving some more mega evolutions as future events that can't be found in-game.

AB-80

Been Down Since Day One.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    As far as the number of new pokemon are concerned, I'm not the least bit disappointed about it because seeing the new sprites/3D versions of older pokemon made me feel like I was looking at a new pokemon each time I found one.

That's just my opinion though.

First post! Woot!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I wish there were more, but there also seems to be more pokemon from every generation in the game. Also, there's such a wide variety and large amount already, I don't think that Gamefreak wants to add too many. I honestly think 1,000 pokemon would be too much. I also think the short time gap between Black/White 2 and XY is why there are a shorter number of pokemon. Plus gameFreak had to focus on the 2D to 3D transition as well. There will probably be a larger amount of new pokemon in the next game.

Back