• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More than 3 starters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faore

:D
Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    Is there a script to add more than 3 starters. I want to add starters from all regions :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I wasn't even aware there was a script for starter selection. I'd only ever made a choice with three branches for each starter. You could certainly make multiple starters if you use conditional branches cleverly, with a bunch of pbAddPokemon commands.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I thought starters are added by events created in the maker. The only script used is pbAddPokemon.

Now, I don't know how the player actually picks the starter in your game. If it's the "classic" way, like picking a Pokeball from the table, create a Pokeball for every starter, with 3 pages:
    1) On the first page, make a message similar to "Would you like *insert starter name*?", and a Yes/No choice. If yes, then make a pbAddPokemon script, along with a selfswitch A, and a global switch that indicates that the player has chosen a starter already.
    2) The condition for the second page should be the global switch - the graphic should display a Pokeball, and when the player interacts with it, a message should appear like "This is one of professor *professor name* remaining Pokemon", or something else that indicates that the player has already chosen a Pokemon.
    3) The third page is blank, and the condition is the selfswitch. This way, the Pokeball the player chose will disappear.

That should do it, I think.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    Of corse that this is possible and even can be easily done by eventing, my game has this feature.

Take a look in the "Pokémon Lab" example map, only copy the pokéball and change the pokémon.

I thinks that Maruno needs to highlight more the sample starter selection.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2014
    It is entirely possible. The game I'm making has 14 starters. Every starter from Kanto to Sinnoh, this includes Yellow version starters (Eevee and Pikachu) its done the same way. Just make sure you change the value. Normally it would be 1-3 but you just increase the value by one for each new starter.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Posting in dead threads is not a clever thing to do. Please don't.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back