• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More than just friends [Contest Shipping]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
Years
  • Chapter 12 Shuppet the Peace Maker!

"May! How many times do I have to tell you! We always follow the Poke'Nav's directions, but you insisted we follow your's and now we're lost!" Yelled Drew furiously.

"We're not lost! We just don't know where we are!" Yelled May.

"Same thing! Now that you've got us here, maybe you can get us out!" Drew yelled.

"Use your Poke'Nav then! Or is that too hard for you!" Shouted May.

May and Drew had been on their way to Solarzia Town, following Drew's directions, when May thought she knew a short cut. Following this new trail, May and Drew ended up lost in the middle of a large tundra.

"I think it would be too complicated for you to even know how to turn it on!" Added May.

"Just shut up, I'm trying to get a signal! We're lost and it's your fault so you should be helping the most!" Snapped Drew.

"What a jerk...."Muttered May.

"Out of range, well, the Poke'Nav can't help us" Said Drew.

"How convient" Said May, purposly saying it loud enough for Drew to hear.

"This wouldn't be happening if you hadn't of gotten us lost in the first place!!!"Drew yelled.

Near by in a frozen bush, a Shuppet was watching the two argue. It suddenly glowed a bright red. Seconds later, May glowed the same red.

When the red faded away, Drew and May were quiet for a few seconds, then May exclaimed, "Oh Drew! I don't know why I was ever angry! Let's get us out of here!"

"Now what are you so happy about?! If you hadn't noticed already, We're still lost!" Said Drew.

The Shuppet disappeared and seconds later, re-appeared in front of Drew. It's purple body glowed red again, this time, it was Drew who was glowing red as well.

The red glow faded away and Drew grinned. "What a beautiful day! This is perfect for training Flygon!"

"But what kind of Pokemon is that?" Said May pulling out her Poke'Dex.

"Shuppet, the puppet Pokemon" Said the mechanical female voice. "Shuppet feed on strong human emotions such as anger and fear. It is said though, that Shuppet are very shy and prefer to watch strange creatures from a distance"

"This little one certainly isn't shy" Said May happily.

"Shup! Shup! Et!" Exclaimed the Pokemon. It then started to float away and Drew and May started to chase after it. It lead them to a large, old house that looked abandoned.

"What's a mansion doing here?" Said Drew.

"Quit asking stupid questions! Let's just go, it looks creepy!" Said May nervously.

"What wrong May? Scared that the ghosts are going to get you?" Teased Drew.

"No...." Said May flatly.

"Well I would like to leave so we can try to get to Solarzia." Said Drew.

Shuppet smiled and floated up to a large oak and brass door. It opened by itself in Shuppet's presence.

"Uh yeah, this doesn't look good, come on Drew let's go" Said May anxiously.

"Come on May, maybe there's someone here who can tell us where to go" Said Drew following Shuppet inside.

"Wait! I'm coming" Said May as she caught up to Drew. They both walked inside the old house, the door shutting by itself. May shivered.

"You're such a scaredy-Meowth May." Said Drew.

Inside the creepy house, red,velvet furniture lie in different spots along the room. Cobwebs hung heavily over all off it, giving the effect the furniture was actually gray. A cold fireplace was carved into the wall close to an armchair. It was pretty dark except for small rays of sunshine creeping through the torn curtains draped over the window.

"Shuppet!" Chimed the Pokemon.

"There you are!" Exclaimed Drew.

"Drew.....it's kinda dark in here" Said May quietly.

"Geez May! Just use your Pokemon!" Said Drew, getting very annoyed with May.

"Oh...yeah....ok" Muttered May clutching a poke ball in her hand. "Help me out Delcatty, use your Flash!"

Out of her ball came Delcatty, who meowed happily before it sent out an explosion of bright light. "Thanks, now return" Said May softly.

Shuppet stared weakly at the light and disappeared.

"Nice job May, you scarred it away"

"Why do you always have to make fun of me?! It was your stupid idea in the first place!" Yelled May furiously. She stomped out of the room Drew and her had been in.

Drew was speechless for a few moments, but followed May. "May...."He said sadly.

-------------------------------------------------------

May had found another room with couches and chairs and sat down on one. "That Drew.....that nerve of him! Thinking he can just insult a girl like that!"

Then Shuppet reappeared, floating near May. It glowed a familar red color and May glowed the same.

"Thanks Shuppet! You made me feel so much better! You're not only cute, but very useful! Let's go find Drew!" Said May, now feeling very happy.

Shuppet grinned and followed May as she retraced her steps out of the room. She eventually got back to the room that she left Drew in.

"Oh! Drew is gone, he must have went to look for me!" Exclaimed May and started to head back down the hall to find Drew.

"Pet! Shup!" Said Shuppet suddenly.

"You want me to stay here?" Said May, confused.

Shuppet nodded and disappeared again.

----------------------------------------------------

"Come on May, do you always have to make things difficult?" Said Drew to himself. Although he could not hide that he was feeling very guilty for making May feel so bad.

Then Shuppet appeared in front of Drew. "Shup! Et! Shup!" It exclaimed. Then it glowed a blue this time, Drew did the same, and they disappeared.

A few seconds later, they both reappeared in front of May.

"Oh Shuppet! I should have known you'd think of something like that!" Cheered May.

"Oh hello May...."Said Drew.

"Drew! I'm so sorry I yelled at you, thanks to Shuppet, I'm feeling pretty good!" Exclaimed May.

"Yeah, let's get out of here already, I don't want to waste any more time" Said Drew.

Shuppet looked sadly at the too before teleporting them just outside the door.

"Oh I'm sorry Shuppet, we have to go to the next town, but someday, we'll come back and visit! Right Drew?" Said May.

"Yeah sure....."

"Well bye-bye Shuppet!" Said May as she waved to Shuppet and drug Drew along the snowy path.

"What the heck is wrong with you? Why didn't you say good-bye to Shuppet?" Said May after dragging Drew a little farther down the path.

"I'm tired and getting a little impatient. I just want to get to the next contest!" Snapped Drew. "Oh yeah, and we're still completely lost.

"Ugh, boys sometimes" Said May grabbing Drew's Poke'Nav from his pocket.

"It's out of range remember?" Said Drew irritably.

"That's not what I'm doing..."Muttered May. "Ah yes! Here it is, the Match Call!"

"Uh Match Call?" Asked Drew.

"It's usually used to call people for battle, but it can be used to make regualr calls" Said May pressing a few buttons. Then she put the Poke'Nav up to her ear like a phone.

"Hello!" Said May. "Is this Steven?"

Drew couldn't hear the reply, but May still continued her conversation.

"So you're close? And you know the way to Solarzia Town!? Cool, then we'll meet you at that spot!" Said May as she hung up and gave Drew his Poke'Nav back.

"I called Steven and he says he'll meet us by the beginning of this Tundra" Said May. "Which happens to be right over there!"

It was true, the edge of the snowy forest was just a few feet away. There was Steven, his usual friendly smile. May and Drew happily greeted him and they walked down the normal forest's path, Steven promising to get them to Solarzia and their next contest.....

wobbuffetds

Now it's time for my friends!
    Years
  • Same thing for me too. I usually read it whenever I help you revise the thing, though. That way I can be productive yet enjoy myself at the same time! I like the idea that the next Contest is going to be something that makes it different and better than it already is. I bet you got that mentality from Ama, didn't you? Well I'm hoping for the next one, as well. Keep up the good work and remember not to rush into things, okay?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Woo, I only had time to read the first chapter(and skimmed through the second one XD I'll read it all tomorrow), and I have to leave, but I'll read the rest over the next few days. *nods*
    Anyway, from what I've read so far its a really good fanfic. ^^
    If I remember correctly I've read some of your other stories too. Good fics, good fics.

Hurray for ContestShipping!

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
  • THANK YOU ALL SOOOOOO MUCH!!! You are really all too kind, and since you have taken the time to read, next chapter!

Chapter 13
    Heated Battles in the Solarzia Contest! Grass and Fire Competetion!

Drew and May stared eagerly at the large town that lie before them. It was quite an interesting looking city too, it seemed as if the sun was shining brighter than anywhere else! The city's marble buildings sparkled in the bright light. Solarzia Town was beautiful!

Drew seemed the most stunned though, but not because of the sunshine. A very large Solarzia Contest Hall stood straight ahead. It, like all the other buildings here, it was painted in bright colors and sparkled in the blazing sun.

"Wow Drew! You didn't mention how pretty this town was!" Exclaimed May, happily glancing around. "Or how big it was, there must be a millon malls here! We gotta go shopping!"

"Later May" Said Drew sharply. "We have to get to that Contest Hall and register remember?"

"I know that! I meant to say we'll shop later" Said May turning suddenly sour. May brightened a little after a quick glance at the sun. "But Drew..."

"Yeah?" Said Drew.

"If this contest is for fire and grass types, it's not really fair is it?" Said May.

"What are you talking about?" Said Drew, though not paying much attention anymore.

"If I entered my Blaziken, and you with your Treecko, I have a clear advantage!" Said May.

"Ugh May, of course you wouldn't know" Said Drew, raising a hand to flip his hair.

"Just say it Drew!" Said May, raising her voice a little.

Drew lowered his hand with a sigh. "You did notice didn't you? You see how bright the sun shines here? Well, it's no ordinary sun like the one that powers Solar Beam. That sun gives off special rays that really power up grass types, making them better than fire types. Oh and also, I won't be entering my Treecko."

"No way, I didn't know the sun could shine brighter in some places than others! Amazing! So then what are you going to enter?"Said May.

"You'll see" Said Drew with a smirk. "Let's go register"

May nodded and followed Drew as he eagerly walked towards the beautiful contest hall. Drew quickly pushed open the glass doors, May not far behind.

The inside of the Solarzia Contest Hall was just as beautiful as the outside. The walls were painted a calm green, with wonderful paintings of magnificent grass Pokemon in tough battles.

"Those paintings are so awsome!" Exclaimed May.

Drew apparently didn't notice as he made his way to a small yellow desk with a woman typing away on a small labtop behind it.

"Excuse me but, could my friend and I please register for this contest?" Said Drew politely.

"Oh sure! I'll need to see your pass!" Said the woman in a squeaky voice. Drew dug his Contest Pass out of his pocket and slid it across the desk so the woman could scan it to make sure it wall real.

The woman pulled a small device and put it over Drew's Pass. The woman glanced at her computer for a second or two before handing Drew's pass back to him. "Ok Drew, this contest will begin shortly, please make sure you are prepared"

Drew nodded, but he couldn't hold back his excitement. A small smile, not a smirk, appeared on his face before he told May to register.

May did as Drew had done, handing the woman her pass and having her scan it. This was it! May and Drew were officially registered for the contest!

The two coordinators quickly walked down the hall to the Coordinator's Lobby, where they would wait for their turn to appeal. When they entered the room, May noticed that the decorations and colors were the same as in the main room.

"Why do you care about that now May? Come on, let's get ready for that contest!" Said Drew.

May sighed and sat down on a comfortable green and yellow chair. Suddenly, a slit in the ceiling close to the wall opened and a very large TV screen came out.

"Ladies and Gentleman! Welcome to Solarzia's Contest Hall! Today we plan to bring you all the excitment and fun of last year's contest as you see coordinators from all over compete in our contest! My name is Vivian and I'll be announcing for this contest!" Said a young woman who suddenly appeared on the screen. Vivian's outfit had changed since May and Drew's last contest. It seemed like she was themed for the contest with her short green skirt and yellow tube top.

The battle hall was amazing! There was no roof, that bright sun could be seen clearly in the clear blue sky above. The crowd was very large as well, but Max was in a front row seat ready to watch his sister preform.

"And now, let's meet our panel of judges! First up! We have Solarzia's very own Nurse Joy!" Announced Vivian.

The screen then showed Vivian pointing towards three small podiums with little screens. Behind them were the judges, one of them being Nurse Joy.

"Thank you everyone!"Said Joy, enjoying the crowd's loud applause.

"Next up, Mr.Saysoku! Also known as the Name Rater of Lavaridge!" Announced Vivian.

An older looking man was who Vivian was pointing at this time. "Glad to be here, a real pleasure" He said. But no one clapped.

"And last, but certainly not least, Jeff! Winner of last year's Grand Festival!" Said Vivian.

Jeff was very young looking, maybe about 19 or 20 years old. He had on a stylish red tee and jeans, his hair was about Drew's hair length, and it was a pretty chocolate brown, like May's.

"Yo" He said with a small wave.

The crowd cheered louder than ever at the sight of this hot looking teen. Jeff smirked.

"And now! Here we go with coordinator #1!" Said Vivian.

A young looking boy came out, confidently throwing a poke ball that released a Nincada.

Back in the lobby, Drew and May were being very quiet, watching carefully. That is, until a girl about Drew and May's age walked up to Drew. She had on a pink tanktop, and super short jean shorts. Her white sandals were also very noticable. She had short blonde hair and whispy bangs.

"Drew...."Said the girl nervously.

"What do you want?" Said Drew, but not really paying much attention.

"Uh, my name is Shannon, and I'm.....I'm your biggest fan" Said Shannon.

"Oh great" Said Drew, still not paying attention. May however, eyed the girl suspicously.

Finally Vivian annouced, "Ok, are you all ready for coordinator #25? Well here we go! Please welcome Drew!"

Drew got up and walked through a door that led to the stage. May and Shannon watched as Drew casually walked on the stage, a poke ball in his hand.

Then he threw it to the ground and it released his Roselia, who sparkled in the sun. "Solar Beam" Said Drew queitly.

Roselia automatically formed a energy ball in its roses. But this beam was different, it was the most powerful that many had ever seen! Then, from the ball, a large beam was sent up at the sun's direction. A shower of beautiful sparkles came from the end of the beam.

"Drew has started with a beautiful display of Solar Beam, by smartly using the power of the sun!" Said Vivian.

"Now do Petal Dance" Said Drew confidently.

"Ro! Zel!" Chirped Roselia as it shot out shiny, sharp, pink petals that started to spin in twister form around the Solar Beam. Finally, the petals cut through the beam and made it disappear. The petals turned soft and gently fell towards the audience.

"What a stunning appeal! Drew has managed to pull off one of the most beautiful combinations I've ever seen! But now, what did the judges think?" Said Vivian excitedly.

"Very pretty!" Said Nurse Joy. A 10.10 appeared on her little screen.

"I agree! The combination worked great, it must have taken them hours to work that one out!"Exclaimed Mr.Saysoku. A 10.10 appeared on his screen as well.

"No, I'll have to disagree. Sure, the combination was fine, but where's the style?" Said Jeff with a mean smirk. a 3.2 appeared on his screen.

"Ok! Let's add up the score.....Drew's score is 23.4!" Announced Vivian.

Drew returned Roselia and walked back to the lobby.

Meanwhile, Shannon was having her say on Drew's appeal. "Yay Drew! You rock!"

May was annoyed, but she didn't say anything. However, when Drew's score was calculated, Shannon was almost to tears.

"He only got a 23.4! That stupid Jeff! Drew was awsome, I'd have given him a 100000.100000!" Said Shannon bitterly. Drew then walked in and she immeaditly stopped talking.

"Oh Drewsy! That was simply amazing!" Said Shannon, hugging Drew's arm. May looked curiously at Drew, feeling a little hurt.

"And our last coordinator will now appeal! Please welcome #26, May!" Vivian Exclaimed.

May pulled out Blaziken's poke ball from her bag and walked through the door that led to the stage. May wasn't nervous, but looked very proud as she entered the stage.

"Blaziken! Take the stage!" Said May, doing a cute little twirl as she threw her ball. Just as planned, Blaziken appeared and stomped a powerful clawed foot on the ground which triggered the flames from its wrists to start up.

"Ok Blaziken, use Flamethrower!" Commanded May. Blaziken mimicked Roselia and shot blazing flames at the sun. Small embers showered from the top.

"Now use Blaze Kick and finish with Tackle!" Exclaimed May.

Blaziken jumped up, its clawed foot surrounded by flames. Then, with a cool twist, Blaziken dived into the Flamethrower. Then, the flames disappeared, and Blaziken could be seen landing gracefully on the stage.

"Now that was one awsome appeal!" Exclaimed Vivian. "May, like Drew, has taken advantage of the sun with an awsome heated appeal, let's see what the judges thought about May's preformence."

"It was a very cool, the only thing that disappointed me is that she mimicked Drew's appeal in a way" Said Joy. A 9.2 appeared on her screen.

"What a talent! I love the style of it!" Exclaimed Mr.Saysoku. An 8.9 appeared on his screen.

Jeff was staring at May excitedly, but it wasn't for her appeal. "Yes, that was....hot..."Said Jeff slowly. This time, a 10.10 came up on his screen.

"Alright folks! Let's calculate May's score!" Said Vivan. "Wow! A 28.2! That's the highest score so far!" Announced Vivian.

May returned Blaziken to its pokeball and happily skipped back to the lobby.

"Oh Drew! My score! Did you see!"Exclaimed May.

But Drew wasn't there. May looked around. Then she saw it. Drew was sitting on a bench a few feet away, Shannon talking to him.

"What? Oh well, I don't need is support" Said May, folding her arms and walking away.

Back on the stage, Vivian was about to annouce who would be going on the the Battle Rounds.

"Let's see the four coordinators that will go on!" She announced. On a TV screen in the Battle Hall, four pictures started to appear, as Vivian named them. "Ok....the coordinators who will go on are.....May, Ricardo, Shannon, and Drew!"

Back in the coordinator's lobby, Shannon looked especially excited. "Drew! You made it! I did too! Yay!"

"You're in this contest?" Said Drew suddenly.

"Well of course!"Said Shannon.

In a corner nearby, May was watching the two. "Pathetic!"

"Ok, let's see the pairings for the semi-final match!" Said Vivian. "The first battle will be between Shannon and Ricardo, and then Drew and May!"

"Oh geez, you have to go against that loser?" Said Shannon.

"Hey, May's not that bad, and she's not really...."Drew sighed. "A loser"

"Yeah right Drew, you don't have to make everyone feel good about themselves" Said Shannon in sweet voice.

Shannon then got up and walked to the stage. About six minutes later, she came back looking satisfied.

"I won" Were her first words.

Then, Drew and May walked out to the stage, May didn't say a word to Drew.

When May and Drew took their places on the battle field, Vivian told them to start.

"Blaziken, take the stage!" Said May as she threw Blaziken's pokeball once again.

"Heh, go Roselia!" Said Drew confidently.

"Ok, let's put 5 minutes and the clock, and.....Begin!" Exclaimed Vivian.

"Ladies first" Said Drew, flipping through his hair.

"Fine! Blaziken, Blaze Kick!" Shouted May. She wanted to beat Drew! No matter what it took! That would show Shannon!

"Roselia dodge and then use Petal Dance" Said Drew calmly.

Blaziken leaped into the air and prepared to furiously kick Roselia, but Roselia jumped up and shot sharp pink petals at Blaziken. Blaziken tried to dodge but was too late. The petals roughly hit Blaziken.

"What?!" Yelled May suddenly. Blaziken was lying weakly on the ground. "But! But Petal Dance is super effective on fire types! That shouldn't have done that much damage"

Drew chuckled. "May, do you remember what I told you when we first arrived here?"

May ignored him and looked up at the large TV screen, only to see her points drop dramatically.

"Um.....Blaziken use Sky Uppercut!" Said May nervously.

Blaziken slowly got up and began to charge towards Roselia with its claws glowing. Roselia dodged again.

"D****!"Yelled May.

"Finish with a Magical Leaf!" Said Drew.

Roselia obeyed and shot glowing leaves that gently fell to the ground.

"Hah! Wow Drew! Leaves I'm sooo scared!" Said May sarcastically. That's when the leaves suddenly sprang up and hit Blaziken hard. Blaziken collapsed with a loud crash on the floor.

The judges all put little X's on their screens except Jeff. Still, he was over ruled and the battle was over.

"No it's not over! Blaziken get up!" Shouted May.

Vivian quickly walked up to May, looking very angry. "The battle is over! You can't push your Blaziken like that!"

"Yeah that's cruel!" Added Nurse Joy.

Then May's eyes began to water. She sunk down to her fallen Blaziken. "I'm so sorry....I'm the worst trainer ever.."

Blaziken's eyes remained closed. May knew she had really pushed it to its limit. Drew walked over to May, returning Roselia first.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her to her feet. "Come on May, you tried but you got too caught up in winning." He said gently.

May returned Blaziken and allowed Drew to pull her back to the lobby. Shannon was standing nearby looking happy.

"Good job Drew! I knew you'd beat her!"

"Yeah sure" Said Drew, although pretty much ignoring her. This was the final straw. May pulled herself away from Drew's grasp and ran through a door that led to a locker room with her face buried in her hands. Drew was stunned...

"Ok everyone! It's half time! Judges will take their brakes and the audience may do the same" Announced Vivian on the TV. Jeff stood up and walked towards the Coordinator's lobby.

He looked around and didn't see May, so he then went to the locker room. There was May, sitting on a bench in the corner, her face buried in her hands.

"May?" Said Jeff.

May lifted her head to see who had come in. Her eyes were red, she had obviously been crying.

"What do you want?" Snapped May.

"Well, you were really good out there and I.....well I.....I think you're very pretty too"Said Jeff slowly.

May wiped a tear from her eye. "Really? But I still lost"

"That doesn't matter! Losing doesn't change your looks..."Then he looked at May's red eyes. "Well emotionally yes, but you are still hot"

"Thanks Jeff. Can I have a little bit more privacy though? I'll come out soon" Said May turning her back to Jeff.

"Uh sure, do what you gotta do!" Said Jeff. He walked over to May's side and gave her a kiss. By instinct, May raised her hand and smacked him hard across the face.

"Oh so you're a tough chick huh? Well alright, see ya later" Said Jeff rubbing his face as he left the room. Then Drew walked in.

"Oh it's you" Said May.

"Yeah, it's me. Are you ok? You were acting pretty weird out there" Said Drew.

"Yeah I'm just fine. I just let my Pokemon down, embarresed myself, and got kissed by a guy I just met." Said May sarcastically.

"Well you don't have to be smart about it." Said Drew.

"Hey where's your new little girlfriend Shannon?" Snapped May.

"Girlfriend?" Said Drew in a confused tone.

A few more tears started to come from May's eyes. "Yeah girlfriend! I saw you with her! I get the idea now Drew, I'm not stupid!" Yelled May.

Drew smiled and flipped back his hair. "New little girlfriend huh?"

"I don't see anything funny about this Drew!" Shouted May.

Then Drew pulled a rose out of his pocket and threw it gracefully. It landed neatly on top of May's lap.

"What's this stupid rose for?" Yelled May.

"Just calm down May. I'd like to tell you that rose is the most beatiful I've ever found... And I wouldn't even give a rose to Shannon" Said Drew.

"Your point?" Said May.

Drew sighed. "You see May, ever since I caught Roselia, I've always loved roses. I wouldn't give a rose to just anyone"

"Drew I don't have time for your stupid riddles" Snapped May.

"Maybe this will help you understand..."Said Drew. He walked over to May like Jeff and gave her a small kiss. Only, May didn't slap him. When Drew pulled away, May smiled brightly. Drew left the locker room without another word...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes later, Drew and Shannon were facing each other in the Battle Hall, pokeballs clutched tightly in their hands.

"And now! The final battle has finally come between Shannon and Drew! Let's put five minutes on the clock and.....here we go!" Exclaimed Vivian.

"Go Roselia!" Said Drew, thrusting his pokeball onto the stage, releasing his pretty rose Pokemon.

"Ro! Zel!"Chimed Roselia.

"Ok! Go Firelight!" Exclaimed Shannon throwing a pink pokeball onto the stage. Her pokeball released a cute looking Torchic.

"Chic! Tor!" Chirped Firelight.

"Ok Drew! Go easy on me!" Yelled Shannon from across the battle stage.

Under his breath, Drew muttered, "Yeah, I'll go easy on you for what you did to May"

"Roselia, Solarbeam!" Commanded Drew.

Like in Drew's appeal, Roselia formed a green energy ball in its roses and sent a power beam right at Firelight. It hit Torchic harder than ever.

"No Firelight!" Cried Shannon.

Firelight jumped back onto its feet, but just barely. "Do an Ember attack, but not too hard ok Firelight?" Said Shannon.

Torchic nodded and shot tiny embers from its mouth at Roselia who easily dodged. "Finish with Petal Dance." Said Drew calmly.

Roselia as usual, shot swirling, sharp, pink petals at Firelight, which of course was a direct hit. Firelight fainted, the judges displaying X's on their screens.

Shannon returned Firelight to its pokeball, but she didn't look mad! She had a big stupid looking smile spread across her face. "Oh Drew! You are so strong!"

Drew sighed, he was happy to be leaving this annoying Shannon soon.

"Congratulations Drew! We now present you and your amazing Roselia with the Solarzia Ribbon!" Said Vivian, holding out two ribbons shaped like a green a yellow flower with pink stripes.

Drew put one of the ribbons around Roselia, and then proudly displayed his for the crowd to see. The audience was cheering very loudly for Drew and Roselia!

Then May came out, smiling. Drew smiled too and showed her his new ribbon. May nodded happily as she watched Drew stow it away in his ribbon case.

-------------------------------------------------
    Later on, as Drew and May were leaving, Shannon and Jeff ran up to them. "Oh! You're taken!" They both said at the same time. Then they looked at each other.

"Wow you're cute too!" Said Jeff, looking at Shannon.

"And you're so cool!" Replied Shannon.

Then it struck them. "Wanna......wanna go out sometime?" Said Jeff.

"Yeah, that would be fun" Said Shannon nervously.

"How perfect!" Exclaimed May.

Drew chuckled. "Yeah a perfect match, I'm just glad my stalker is gone"

"Oh shut up, you know you liked it" Said May happily.

Drew then turned his back and started to walk away, May following as usual.

Then Shannon called out, "Congrats Drew!"

"Geez, she's still at it!" Said May.

And then Jeff said, "You too May! Great battling!"

"Looks like you've got an ex-stalker too May" Said Drew with a smirk.

The two laughed and waved good-bye to the new couple. Drew, now one step closer to reaching the Grand Festival, found new hope. May learned from her mistakes and planned to win next time!

vaporeon123

contestshipping fan
    Years
  • Wow! a shapter that had romance in the begining and middle and humor in the end, and Jeff and Shannon didn't end up alone! what a perfect chapter!!! :t134:

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
  • angel_fire3354 said:
    Didn't you publish this fanfic on the Pokemon Fan universe site? I remember reading the whole thing there. It's a great story so far!

Yes I did, and I pretty much post it at every forums I join, I don't like wasting hard work just to keep it all stopped up at one little forum, and no offense, but if we're talking about Pokemon Fan Universe, a very tiny weeny microscopic forums :knockedou

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    XD Shannon is one of those character that kind of annoys you, and you her want to leave....but then if she did the story would be lacking in something.. ><; I like her because she adds to it though. ^^;

'I wouldn't give a rose to just anyone.'

o__o *gasp* I love that quote... its so....ContestShippy! XD

Yet another awesome chapter. ^^

BlisseysCharizard

What?! Chansey Is Evolving!
    Years
  • I Loved It! Please write another romantic chapter like that. i'm sorry wobbuffetds, but i think you can learn from Sapphire May.

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
  • Wow! Thanks all! Those are some of the nicest compliments I've gotten! Well, I do have the next chapter, and I'm sorry to say, but it's not as romantic. I'll try next time, I swear >_<

Chapter 14
    May & Drew! Tag Team Battle With Treecko!

"I'm surprised you're not bragging about that new ribbon Drew" Said May.

"What good would that do? I'll brag about my ribbon at the Grand Festival" Replied Drew.

"You made that contest look easy" Said May, pouting a little.

"I know, and my Roselia worked especially hard out there, didn't you notice?" Drew asked.

"Ugh, of course! While you just lazed about saying random attacks, Roselia was out there kicking butt!" Said May confidently.

"Isn't that what you're supposed to do?" Replied Drew. May sighed and was silent, she knew Drew was right.

The two had decided to go through a shortcut to get to the next town. The shortcut wasn't easy though. It was dry and barren except for a few Sandshrew and rocks.

"This is boring Drew" Whined May.

"Then why did we agree to come this way?" Said Drew with a familar smirk.

May sighed. "Whatever..." Then she made a camera lens with her fingers and began to pretend she was a new's reporter, one of her favorite things to do when she was bored.

"May's Expedition travels into a rocky valley, full of.....well stuff." Said May. Then she turned her finger-camera towards Drew. "With not a living soul except for this poor, weak, defenseless boy, this place is soooo boring!"

"Hello?! You're the weak one. Who had to save you from Aipom? Who had to save you when you fell down that cliff? Who had to rescue you from Harley? Me. I think you're pretty wrong if you think I'm weak!" Yelled Drew.

"I also rescued you from Harley once if you remember!" May shouted back.

"Once! But I have saved you three times, and did I get a single thank you?" Said Drew.

May turned silent. She stared at her feet in a Drew-like manner. May was trying to forget what happened at the Solarzia Town Contest. Drew kissed her, and May was stunned still. But, May was trying to think about it. It seemed as though Drew was doing the same.

Then a thought came to her mind. "Hey Drew, where's the next contest?"

"Why haven't you memorized the towns by now!? Am I going to have to tell you every time?" Said Drew.

"Just say it, please?" Said May in a sweet voice.

"The next town is called.....Ritsuya Town, but it's pretty far away" Said Drew looking at his Poke'Nav.

"And let me guess, you're going to wanna get there as soon a possible?" Said May.

"Of course! May, the only reason I hurry to these contests is so that we don't miss out on the Grand Festival" Said Drew, getting a little annoyed by May's tone.

"So, here we are again, still in the boring valley, but this time, May's Expedition has discovered the location of the next Pokemon Contest!" Said May, putting her fingers back into a camera pose.

May apparently ran out of ideas and she was just as quiet as Drew. That is, until Drew's Treecko decided to pop out of its pokeball.

"Treecko!" It cried.

"It looks to me like Treecko wants to enjoy the fresh air too!" Said May cheerfully. May apparently got it right because Treecko nodded and then jumped onto Drew's shoulder.

Drew sighed but said nothing. They contuinued walking again.

"I'm hungry!" Whined May suddenly, collapsing dramatically to the ground.

"And why do I care?" Said Drew.

May sat bolt upright and looked bitterly at Drew. "Becuase I do, okay!?"

Drew sighed. "Ok fine, we'll take a quick snack break if it will make you shut up"

May jumped back to her feet. "Great! I saw a Pecha Berry Tree a little while back!"

So May and Drew started to walk back the trail they had come from, but Drew didn't seem to happy about it.

May stopped at a large tree filled with peach shaped pink and orange berries. May reached out to pick a large one near the trunk, but suddenly, a tan and brown streak tackled May's hand.

"Ow, what the heck was that?" Said May rubbing her hand.

"Picking berries isn't that hard May" Said Drew, flipping his hair.

"Oh yeah? Then why don't you try!" Snapped May.

"Fine, just watch, maybe you'll learn something" Said Drew, reaching towards the same berry May had gone after. Drew picked the berry and started to walk back to May.

"See May, that was easy" Said Drew, in a very taunting tone.

Just before he was able to give the berry to May, a yellow and blue streak snatched the berry out of Drew's hand.

"See! I told you!" Said May.

"What was that?" Said Drew, looking around. Then he saw it, the blue and yellow streak landed a few feet away.

"Is that a Pokemon?" Said May pulling out her Poke'Dex.

"Manectric, the Discharge Pokemon. Manectric is the evolved form of Electrike. It stores powerful electric bolts in its mane and releases the energy later in battle" Said the familar machine-like female voice.

"Look May! Another Pokemon!" Exclaimed Drew. He was pointing to a small, but long tan and brown Pokemon stading to the right of Manectric.

"I'll check that one too" Said May, turning her Poke'Dex towards the mysterious Pokemon.

"Lioone, the Rush Pokemon." Said the Poke'Dex again."Lioone uses its long body as an advantage to speed. However, when it is racing on a curvy road, it is greatly challenged."

"So Lioone and Manectric huh?" Said May, shoving her Poke'Dex back into her waist bag.

"Yeah, but why'd they attack us?" Said Drew.

Lioone stood up on its hind legs and glared at May through its deep blue eyes. Manectric stomped the ground and its yellow mane sparked with small charges of electricity.

"No way!" Exclaimed Drew.

"What is it?" Said May.

"I think they want a double battle! Them against us!" Said Drew, already grabbing a pokeball from his belt.

May grabbed his hand quickly. "No! Those Pokemon are way to strong, lets go!"

Drew started to give in a little and let May rush him away from the two fierce looking Pokemon, but Manectric caught on and used a Thunderbolt to block their path.

"I guess we'll have to battle" Whined May.

"Treecko, I guess you can battle" Said Drew, tucking away pokeball he was originally planning to use.

Treecko jumped from Drew's shoulder and faced Manectric, eager for battle.

"Alright, if I have to.." Said May throwing one of her pokeballs. Her Beautifly came out, fluttering its colorful wings and spreading a beautiful sparkling powder through the air.

"Let's get this going already, Treecko, Bullet Seed!" Said Drew.

Treecko quickly obeyed and shot shining yellow seeds towards Manectric. Too bad Manectric was faster because it jumped out of the way just in time to dodge. Then Manectric jumped back and unleashed a powerful Shock Wave on Beautifly.

"Hey! I wasn't ready!" Cried May.

"May! Come on and attack, help with Lioone!" Yelled Drew.

"Um, ok, Beautifly, use Silver Wind!" Commanded May. Beautifly flapped its wings harder and fast silver cuts flew towards both Lioone and Manectric. It was a hit, Manectric however, shook it off like it was nothing.

"That Manectric is really tough, your Beautifly isn't going to do much, just get Lioone"Said Drew.

"Treecko! Crush Claw!" Yelled Drew suddenly. Treekco's hand glowed with a red energy and with great force, brought it down opon Manectric. Once again, Manectric dodged.

"D***! I can't hit it, now what do I do?" Said Drew in a frustrated tone.

Manectric tackled poor Treecko into a tree while Drew wasn't attacking. Treecko looked badly injured, it was rubbing its shoulder where it was hit the hardest. Then Treecko started glowing white.

May stopped battling and turned to see Treecko's glowing body grow taller and wider. "Drew! I think it's evolving!" Said a mystified May.

Treecko stopped glowing, but it wasn't Treecko anymore. The Pokemon that stood in its place was about a foot taller. It had a long leaf coming from the top of its head, and three smaller leaves growing on its long arms. "Grovyle!" Cried the Pokemon.

"Grovyle huh? Let me check the Dex" Said May reaching for her small red device.

"Grovyle, the Wood Gecko Pokemon. Grovyle's sharp claws are perfect for climbing trees in a forest. The sharp leaf on its head serves as a powerful weapon" Said the Poke'Dex.

Drew looked excited, but put on a serious expression before saying, "We can celebrate later, we still have a battle to win here"

Grovyle looked confident too, but suddenly, the leaves on its arms started glowing and transformed into a spear shape. "Drew! That's a Leaf Blade attack!" Exclaimed May, an excited shine in her pretty sapphire blue eyes.

"Any unexperienced coordintor wouldn't know that" Said Drew flipping through his hair. "But I guess you've really grown up now, May."

May just stared at Drew, at loss for words. "Drew just complimented me right? Maybe he isn't such a jerk after all" Thought May to herself.

"Now Grovyle, finish that Leaf Blade attack!" Said Drew suddenly.

Grovyle sprung into action, crossing the two glowing blades on its wrists and charging towards Manectric. It was a direct hit! Grovyle had beaten Manectric's speed and sent it flying! Manectric landed with a loud thud a few feet away, Grovyle's leaves stopped glowing and changed back to their normal form.

"I think you beat it" Said May.

May was right, Manectric didn't pull itself back up. Meanwhile, Beautiful used a powerful Silver Wind and sent a fainted Lioone crashing into Manectric, causing it to get injured even more.

"A nice preformence May" Said Drew with a smirk.

May apparently wasn't catching on. "Your Grovyle was so awsome out there!"

Drew sighed, grabbed Grovyle's pokeball and returned it in a flash of red light. "You're returning it already?" Said May.

"Why keep it out? The battle is over, and I'd like to get going" Said Drew, attaching the pokeball to his belt.

"Um.....ok.....I guess, I'll return Beautifly too" Said May, still feeling confused, but still returning Beautifly to its pokeball. But Drew was already walking down the path. "Hey! Wait for me! Don't leave me!" Yelled May, chasing after him.

"Then go faster" Said Drew in his usual calm voice.

"Rrrrr! don't mess with me! I just beat a Lioone you know!" Yelled May.

"Correct, but I just had my Treecko evolve and beat a Manectric" Said Drew, still in a calm voice.

"Whatever! I'll beat you in the next contest and maybe you'll stop being such a stuck-up jerk!" Yelled May.

Drew stopped smirking, and he didn't reply. "So she thinks I'm a jerk now, just great, I gotta teach myself to get along with girls better" Thought Drew to himself.

"Ok, whatever May" Said Drew, pretending like he didn't hear May.

The two continued walking, the next adventure lying just ahead!

Latias418

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    Awesome chapter, as usual. But it wasn't as good as the others. Don't know why, but it didn't really catch my attention as much. Still great ^_^ Keep it up ^_^

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
  • Yeah, I hear ya, I didn't really feel the fun vibe I usually get when writing the other chapters. But I've got the beginning for the next chapter already done, I think so far, it will make up for this one.

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
  • Here ya all go, next chapter, FINALLY!!!!!

Chapter 15
    Chika the Shining Hero!

"Wow! Look at all the shops! There are so many malls for this little town!" Exclaimed May, glancing around.

"Yeah, great" Said Drew quietly and sarcastically.

After a day of traveling in the woods, and Treecko evolving, Drew and May had reached a small little town. May hadn't been too excited about stopping somewhere so small, but after seeing the malls, she had changed her mind.

"What is this town called Drew?" Asked May.

Drew pulled out his Poke'Nav and looked closely at a small, red dot. "Uh, well, the Poke'Nav doesn't say, this town is to small"

"Woah! That's weird, well, we'll ask somebody" Said May, although her tone suggested that she was interested anymore.

Suddenly, a strange colored Chikorita ran out from behind a small green and yellow house and crashed into Drew.

May ran up to the now dazed looking Chikoita. "Oh my gosh, are you ok?" Said May.

"Why don't you ask that to me?" Said Drew slowly getting up from the fall.

May pulled out her Poke'Dex, ignoring Drew.

"Chikorita, the Leaf Pokemon" Said the Poke'Dex. "Chikorita's leaf is said to bring aromas that calm foes."

May looked at the picture of the Chikorita displayed her on Poke'Dex, and then the Chikorita that crashed into Drew. "That Chikorita looks different!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, something's up" Said Drew, quickly glancing at Chikorita. That Chikorita was yellow and dark yellow, unlike a normal Chikorita, who's colors are green and dark green.

"Oh thank you so much! You found Chika!" Yelled a girl who looked about Drew and May's age, running up to Drew and May the from the same way Chikorita did.

"Uh, you're welcome, but really, this Chikorita found us" Said May.

The girl had soft looking brown hair, pretty dark green eyes, a dark green jacket with no sleeves but many pockets, and regular blue jeans. "Hello, and I'm sorry to yell, I was just so worried about my dear Chika, um, my name's Lily" Said the girl nervously.

"Oh, well my name is May, and this is--"Said May, but was interupted by Drew.

"It's Drew" He said calmly.

"Cool! I've heard of you two! You're those really awsome coordinartors right? And now it looks like you're traveling together?" Said Lily.

"Awsome coordinators? If you say so" Said May, looking at Drew.

"Ahem, May, I'd like to remind you who has more ribbons" Said Drew, looking irratated.

"No really! I think you are both really great! I wish I could be strong like you, my poor Chika has to suffer when I'm around, and that's why I think it keeps running away" Said Lily, suddenly frowning.

"But can I ask, how did your Chikorita get to be those colors?" Said Drew.

"It was just born that way, before I set out to become a trainer, my grandma told me it was a shining type Pokemon, and that it's very rare" Answered Lily.

"Shining? I've never heard of it, but it really does look cool!" Said May.

"Of course you haven't heard of it, May" Said Drew.

"Just shut up, you apparently haven't ethier, you were the one who asked first!" Said May furiously.

"Hey, I know, why don't you two come to my house and stay for the night? You do like tired, and I can tell you more about Chika" Said Lily, trying to stop May and Drew from arguing.

"Hey, that sounds good to me, and by the way, what is this town called?" Said Drew, remembering his question from earlier.

"Oh yeah, Devon corp. didn't add our town to the map" Said Lily bitterly. "It's called Fairleaf Town, but yeah, hardly anyone ever visits anymore"

"Oh, but why? This place is so cool!" Said May.

"Uh, just come back with me to my house, I'll explain everything." Said Lily.

"Ok, come on Drew, let's go!" Said May happily.
    -------------------------------------------
    Lily's house, or cabin, was mostly made of wood. The roof was painted a warm red though. "Wow, your house is beautiful!" Exclaimed May.

"I know it's not real big or anything, but I need somewhere to go at night" Said Lily.

Once inside, it was also very pretty. A cozy looking fire blazed in a cute fireplace, soft furniture was placed neatly around the room, and a few small windows let in the light coming from the blood red sunrise.

Chika immeaditly ran to a large, over-stuffed chair close to the fire and fell asleep. "I'd say your Chika was pretty tired" Said May with a small laugh.

"Nah, Chikorita have a habit for sleeping near heat, but mostly in the sun. What's weird is that Chika loves fire, but most grass Pokemon hate it, but then again, my Chika is not like other Pokemon" Said Lily.

Lily went to a small kitchen area in a corner, and grabbed some cups to make drinks. Meanwhile, May sat down on the loveseat, while Drew sat on the couch opposite of her. A few minutes later, Lily returned with three cups full of what looked like tea. Then, she herself sat on the same couch Drew was on.

"So, you were asking about Fairleaf not being on the Poke'Nav's Map?" Said Lily with a sigh.

"Yeah, it's not really too convient to make a map but not include all the cities on it" Said Drew.

"Well, I don't actually know a whole lot, but I do know that it was because of a criminal who did some really awful things to the people and Pokemon here. I guess Devon didn't want trainers and coordinators to visit such a dangerous place. But the weird thing is, the criminal is gone now, and he's been gone for quite a few years now, so I dunno why they still haven't put us on the map." Said Lily, sipping from her cup occasionally.

"But! That's awful! What kind of criminal was it?" Said May, thinking of Harley.

"I dunno May, but what I do know, is that he was really crazy about Dark type Pokemon, he really liked Cacturne" Said Lily.

Drew gasped suddenly. "A Cacturne? We have a guy who likes to follow us and do bad things, and he is also obsessed with Cacturne, May, what if Harley is the one who got this town off of the map?"

"Calm down Drew, I can't be, Harley is too stupid to do that stuff" Said May.

"Ugh, don't tell me to calm down, and you never know May, Harley is not that stupid" Said Drew.

The three discussed for awhile, until the full moon shined brightly through the windows of the small cabin.

"Well, I think I'm going to go to bed now, It's getting pretty late and as a good coordinator, I like to be ready" Said Drew with a smirk.

"Yeah, you think you're just so great..."Mumbled May. "But yeah, I'd like to go to bed too, a beautiful girl like me needs her beauty sleep"

Before Drew could reply, Lily clapped her hands together, once again sensing an argument. "Great idea you two! Let's all go to bed, I'll bring you some blankets!"

"Uh...ok" Said Drew, lying down on the couch.

Lily walked to a door and disappeared through it. May also stretched out on the loveseat, awaiting a blanket.

Lily returned a moment later with only one blanket. "Uh, sorry guys, I've only got one blanket, you two might have to share" Said Lily. "And the other bad news is, any time there's a full moon in town, it gets really cold at night"

But before May or Drew could reply, Chika awoke and jumped towards Lily's hands, grabbing the blanket. Chika then ran back over to the chair, pulled the blanket over itself, and fell asleep.

"No Chika! Give that back!" Yelled Lily.

"No Lily, it'll be ok, I'll just sleep without one tonight" Said May.

"Yeah me too" Agreed Drew.

"Well ok, if you insist, but I think you'll be sorry" Said Lily, walking back to the door and leaving again.

Drew closed his emerald eyes, which were extrememly red from not sleeping, and fell asleep as fast as Chika had. May however, just lie there watching Drew.

Her mind was racing. "Maybe if I didn't argue with Drew so much, he wouldn't be so arrogant. Then again, he is a guy and there's no changing them, but maybe...." Then May thought back to the first day she met Drew in a contest. He was so quiet, so strange, but he was worried about May in the end anyways. "Maybe he really does care deep down..."

After another ten minutes, May also fell asleep. And another hour later, Drew awoke. "Weird, it's so late, and so cold"

Then he noticed May across from him, shivering from the cold. He chuckled for a moment before getting up, pulling off his purple jacket, and slipping it over May. May stopped shivering and sleepily pulled Drew's jacket more over herself. Drew smiled and returned to his make-shift bed.

But soon, both May and Drew were sound asleep, not even stirring. Not until Midnight when Chika suddenly jumped up and woke May and Drew up with its vines. "Ugh, what is it Chika?" Said May with a yawn.

"Chika! Chika!" Cried Chika, pointing to the full moon outside that could be seen shining brighter than ever.

"Is it something outside?" Asked May, starting to look worried.

Chika nodded and ran to the door looking determined. "Well they say Pokemon are more sensitive to nature than us, so let's go check it out, if it's really nothing, than it'll be no big deal, right?" Said Drew, walking over to where May had been sleeping and grabbed his jacket.

"Drew? Why was your jacket over there?" Asked May suspiciously.

"Oh nothing, maybe later ok May?" Said Drew, his face turning a little pink.

"Um, alright.....maybe we should get Lily too?" Said May.

"Nah, no time, let's just go, Chika looks pretty anxious about whatever it is" Said Drew grabbing the door handle and opening it a little.

"Ok, well don't leave without me!" Exclaimed May, running towards the door, and following Drew and Chika out when Drew fully opened the door.

Fairleaf was a different town at night. The same warm, crispy air didn't blow, it was freezing cold. It was a really creepy scene, the glowing full moon still hung high and clear and the sky.

"Hey Drew, don't you just think this is a little scary?" Asked May nervously, but keeping her eyes on Chika who had run far ahead already.

"Not again May, it's called nighttime, there's nothing scary here" Said Drew, irritated.

Chika ran all the way into town and stopped in front of a community stage with only two torches, that was darkened by the night. "Ok, it's a stage, what's the problem Chika?" Said May.

Chika looked very upset, "Chika!" It kept chanting. Suddenly, the two torches on the stage lit up with a cold blue flame. "Um, Drew, what was that?" Asked May, sounding nervous.

"It's probably just a Pokemon" Said Drew, but he sounded worried too.

Then, a dark figure appeared in the middle of the stage, when it stepped closer, it turned out the be Harley, his dark Cacturne costume lit up instantly by the flames. "Hello, long time no see huh?" Said Harley in a creepy voice.

"Chika! Chika!" Chika kept on crying, as if to be shouting at Harley for something. Harley sneered, and then his Cacturne came charging out of the darkness, it's spikes glowing, and then crashed hard into Chika, knocking it a few feet away.

"Chika!" Cried May.

"What are you doing here Harley?!" Drew demanded.

"Not that it's any of your business really, but I'm here to finish up my father's job, this little town is in need of someone like me!" Exclaimed Harley.

"Wait, that means that it's your dad's fault this town was taking of the map?!" Exclaimed May.

"You guessed it sweetie, now if you don't mind, I have some unfinished business to take care of" Said Harley, looking down from the stage coldly at May and Drew.

May and Drew, however, didn't move. "Ok, so you prefer this the hard way? Well, easy for me, I should say" Said Harley with a mean chuckle. "A little rest would do you kids some good"

At Harley's cue, Cacturne jumped down to May and Drew, who were still watching Harley, and shot a pink powder from its hands. "But wait, that's Sleep Powder!" Yelled May.

"Yeah, and Cacturne can't learn that attack!" Added Drew.

"Never underestimate the power of a Cacturne under the full moon of Fairleaf Town!" Said Harley.

The powder was taking its effect, May and Drew suddenly felt tired, and collasped on the ground, asleep. "Hah, the brats shouldn't be meddling in my plans, for that, I think I'll get myself some new Pokemon!" Exclaimed Harley happily. He, like his Cacturne, jumped down to Drew and May, but this time, he grabbed the four pokeballs of Drew's belt and May's yellow waistbag. "Sweet dreams suckers" Said Harley, returning Cacturne to its pokeball and laughing.

Meanwhile, Chika was recovering from the Needle Arm attack, but then it saw what Harley had done and it looked angry. "Chika!" It cried, but quietly. Then it charged towards Harley and rammed its head into him, causing him to drop May and Drew's pokeballs.

"What the h***? Oh, it's that stupid Chikorita again, you know, you'd make another excellent addition to my team" Said Harley, brushing off Chika's attack as if it were nothing.

Chika looked extremely angry now. But then, it took a deep breath and lifted its leaf up high and began to absorb light. "Are you supposed to scare me with a leaf? Hah, stupid Chikorita" Said Harley.

Then his cold purple eyes widened as he watched a massive beam come from Chika's leaf. It hit Harley hard, knocking him to the ground. "Chika!" Cried Chika, standing confidently next to Drew and May.

"Ok, so you wanna play dirty, we can do the same" Said Harley, looking just as mad as Chika, he grabbed one of his pokeballs and threw it so it landed perfectly in front of Chika, and releasing Aridos.

"Ari!" Hissed Aridos. Chika looked a little intimidated by the large Pokemon, but a few seconds later, it gained its confidence back and glared at Aridos.

"Constrict Aridos!" Commanded Harley. Aridos looked happy to obey as it grabbed Chika with its front legs and started to crush it.

"Chika!" Cried Chika. Then a purple powder started to float from its leaf. When the powder hit Aridos, it let go of Chika and fell over, looking weak. "Poison Powder huh? Not bad, that's why you're gonna be my Pokemon soon!" Yelled Harley, releasing his Cacturne from its pokeball.

"Go on Cacturne, just show this little Chikorita your full moon powers!" Said Harley. Cacturne nodded then suddenly released a giant beam of orange energy from its hands. But right before the beam hit a very terrified looking Chika, a Masquerain jumped in front of it and used Protect.

Chika turned its head to see Drew standing up right with a smile on his face. "Great fighting Chika, Masquerain and I will take it from here" Said Drew. "Think you could wake May up?"

Chika looked surprised for a moment, but then it nodded and ran to May's side. It first tapped May gently with its vines, but May slept on. Then Chika slapped May hard in the back with its vine which caused May to bolt up. "Oh geez, what was that for?" Yelled May rubbing her back.

"It's because you wouldn't wake up and we have to get rid of this twit!" Yelled Drew back.

"Oh yeah! Harley, ok, I'll help!" Exclaimed May, skipping to Drew's side.

"What did you just called me?!" Yelled Harley.

"A twit, duh" Exclaimed May.

Harley, looking enraged, suddenly started yelling attacks. "Cacturne! Teach those brats a lesson with Spikes!"

Cacturne looked please to release such an evil attack. The spikes suddenlt glowed white, and then many smaller spikes started raining down through the cold night air.

Chika giggled to itself before releasing Razor Leaf, which knocked off all the spikes as well as knocking Cacturne out. Harley, sighed, then returned his knocked out Cacturne to its pokeball.

"Hah, you may have ruined my plans here, but Harley always finishes what he starts, this won't be the last of me you'll see!" Yelled Harley, and slowly stepped back into the large, looming shadows that were cast from the torches on the stage. Harley had disappeared without a trace, and the blue flames went out.

"God, will he ever just go away?" Whined May.

"That piece of crap got away this time, but next time, we'll finish him off, right May?" Said Drew, sounding angry but determined.

"Uh....yeah...ok! We'll beat Harley, we can't let a loser like him bring us down!" Exclaimed May, her voice getting stronger. "And Chika! You were amazing, Harley was totally p*****!"

Chika smiled and nodded, a ray of sun hit its face, while doing so, the sun was finally starting to raise, the moon started to become dimmer. But then Chika started to glow like Treecko had when it was evolving.

"Ah! Drew look! Chika....." Exclaimed May.

"Is evolving.."Said Drew, watching as the glowing Chika grew taller, the leaf shape on its head expanded. Then the glow faded away. In Chika's place, stood a new creature, taller as expected, and the leaf on its head was much larger and stronger-looking then the original leaf.

"Bay!" Cried Chika.

May cheerfully pulled out her Poke'Dex. "Bayleef, the Leaf Pokemon. The aroma that wafts from Bayleef's leaf is much stronger than that of a Chikorita. This aroma is said to calm even the fiercest of foes." Said Dextett.

"Bay! Bay!" Chimed Chika happily. May noticed that Chika kept its special colors though the evolution process.

"But what will Lily say?!" Exclaimed Drew suddenly.

"Oh yeah! Lily, oh no...."Said May in a worried tone. But then a smiling girl came up behind May and put a hand on her shoulder.

"It's ok May, it isn't your fault, and I really like Chika even more now" Said Lily.

"Lily!" Exclaimed May.

"Yeah, I came to check on you guys and when you were all missing, I went looking for you. I saw Chika evolve and everything, and I'm so very impressed" Said Lily, petting Chika's head.

"But Chika doesn't really fit a Bayleef to well" Commented Drew.

"I know, uh, I know, Chika, your new name is Bayla! Do you like it?" Asked Lily.

"Bay!" Cheered Bayla happily.

"I'd say that's a yes!" Said May, now forming a wide grin on her face.

"Well, I hate to leave so soon, but this whole incident has put us far behind, so I think we're gonna leave now.."Said Drew.

"Ugh Drew! Do you have any manners, you just walk out of town for a contest?! Leaving a friend with no good-bye's or anything?!" May seemed to want to rant more, but Lily interupted.

"May, Drew is absolutly right. You need to follow your dreams, make them reality. Even if it means leaving friends. After all, it's not really good-bye, you can always come back and visit!" Said Lily.

"But..."Started May.

"That settles it, well Lily, thanks for letting us stay at your house, we might come back sometime!" Exclaimed Drew, though trying to keep a calm voice.

Drew started walking down a path that led out of town. May started to follow but called back to Bayla and Lily. "Bye! And thanks for everything!"

Drew continued walking, staring down at the ground as usual. "Admit it!" Demanded May suddenly.

"Admit what?" Asked Drew confused.

"You liked Bayla" Said May, folding her arms over her chest.

"Well duh, I'm always interested in Pokemon, I just want to get to the next contest" Said Drew stubbornly.

"Yeah sure, whatever" Said May rolling her eyes and walking a little closer to Drew.

May slowly did it, hoping Drew wouldn't notice. Drew looked at May and smiled, but not where she could see it. He had noticed, how could he not when he cared for her so much......

Chikiki

// ♥ t e a r s ++
    Years
  • Nice Chapter, .::Roselia::.! (Jeez, your username was hard to type xD)
    I like how Drew thinks that he cares for her...Aww! Cute! ^^
    You had a couple of spelling mistakes...but, I don't think I'll point them out...(Too lazy too XD)

Anyhow, I can't wait for the next chapter! ^^

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
  • XxRosesxX said:
    Nice Chapter, .::Roselia::.! (Jeez, your username was hard to type xD)
    I like how Drew thinks that he cares for her...Aww! Cute! ^^
    You had a couple of spelling mistakes...but, I don't think I'll point them out...(Too lazy too XD)

Anyhow, I can't wait for the next chapter! ^^

Thinks? I think Drew does care for May, but what am I saying?! This is my story, so I should know ^^;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back