• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More than just friends [Contest Shipping]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessieneese

<- The next Pokemon Master :)
Years
  • This fic is really awesome. The way you described the field of roses and the cherry blossom scene was really great. Is chapter 18 going to be up soon?

evilmetal2004

Hero trainer
    Years
  • Very impressive, this fic is entertainment and at the same time very catchy. Sure there are some small spelling errors but who doesnt make mistakes, right? anyways nice fic, hope it makes it to the fic of the week or month.

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    Hmmph. I've read this and think that it's a little past decent. There are many errors that seem to be overlooked by Drew+May fans. Good work with the building up the relationship between the two. I need work on that. It seems like in my fic the relationship is already built up, but don't be fooled...back to the review. Also, Drew getting in the bed with May...? HE'S the perverted one! (Scene with his boxers)

That was bold and uncharacteristic of him. I wonder where this is going. Btw, that was kinda sad for Drew when he had to wake up from that fantasy world of his. If I were him I'd have "imagined" that I remembered who this brown-haired fantasy-girlfriend resembling girl was. That way he could stay with DREAMAY (my name for her) and still be unconcious. LOL anyway, keep up the writing. I'll be checking this place out as you progress with the story.

pokemaster7

Is my Penguin army ready yet?
    Years
  • I give it a 10/10. or in pokemon contests, 30. at first i thought the medicine grovile made . was a meal made from wiscash and blazican(eww). any way ProtrainerEon gave a nice reveiw.
    I love the suspence!

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
  • Wow, I didn't even realize people were still posting here ^^;

Yeah, I got the beginning of the next chapter started, but please understand, with school starting, I'm gonna be pretty busy, but the good news about this is that I have decided to take many Language Arts/English Enrichment classes this year, meaning, less errors! Being a kid still, I got a lot to learn ^o^

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
  • Okay, I guess I can't say no to that face LOL ^^

Preview:

Haunted House! Sableye, Friend or Foe?
    May has convinced Drew to stop at a carnival, only because of the "Pokemon Contest" within. There's something strange about all of this, what's a contest doing with the carnival? A familar Pokemon, Sabeleye, knows! Will this be the last contest for the two young coordinators?

Oooh, that's suspenseful. If you like the suspense in this, I've been puting it off, but would you like me to post my Contest Shipping mystery story? It's quite a bit more shippy than this, and more suspenseful, a mystery!

vaporeon123

contestshipping fan
    Years
  • Umm....... are you gonna continue soon .::Roselia::.? Because it's been one month and tweleve days since you said you would get to posting the next chapter, so I was just checking.

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
  • Sorry guys, I didn't know this place was still around! But I have quite a few chapters done, I'll keep posting them as you comment :)

Chapter 18
    Mysterious Sableye, Friend or Foe?
    Rating: PG

"I'm hoping you know that the next Pokemon Contest will be in the next town we pass through," Pointed out Drew.

May didn't reply, knowing that if she were to be honest, Drew would be mean. The two were walking on a dirt trail through what seemed like an endless plain, no houses, Pokemon, just grass and dust.

"This place is boring…" Whined May.

"But this is an excellent place to train our Pokemon up before the contest!" Exclaimed Drew. May sighed, she didn't feel like practicing, she was tired and thirsty, how could Drew possibly have the energy for it?

She groaned, Drew was pretty hyped about the idea, and she didn't really want to tell him no. "I guess, but not for too long…."

"Great!" Drew exclaimed, already walking through the taller weeds that lie just of the path. May slowly followed, trying to keep track off Drew, as the dry plants got taller and taller, that is, until the pair reached a wide opening, but like the path, there was nothing for miles around, except an old house.

"Someone actually lives here?" Said a stunned May.

"Well duh, of course not, I mean, who would live in that old dump?" assumed Drew.

"I would…." Said a mystified voice coming from behind Drew.

There stood a girl, she appeared to be about Drew and May's age, but her hair was a dark green, her tattered dress was green with one yellow half-stripe running down the center. On each wrist was a green wristband with a small rose on their respective sides, one being cobalt, and the other a dark pink. She also wore dark green boots that went up to her knees, which were hidden by her dress.

"Drew!" Scolded May.

"Don't worry about that…. my name is Rosalie…" Said the girl in a hoarse whisper.

"No please, just excuse Drew, he's not really good with girls," May told to Rosalie.

Drew sweat dropped then replied with a fierce, "Hey!"

"So, you are visitors here? We never get anyone here…" Said Rosalie.

"Actually, we came here to practice our coordinating skills, so now we'll be going," Said Drew. May delivered a sharp blow to the back of his head.

"You jerk, this girl probably doesn't ever get any company, we could at least stay here train!"

Drew sighed, while rubbing his head, though it didn't hurt much, as May did it a lot. "Okay, at least it's some training…"

"Excuse me, but may I watch you practice? I do not ever get to see any battles around here," Said Rosalie shyly.

"Sure! And don't be shy if you want something!" Exclaimed May, running off to the left side of the open space, while Drew calmly paced to the right.

"I'll beat you this time! I need the ribbon!" Yelled May. "Go, Delcatty!"

May stylishly tossed her pokeball into the air, releasing her prim Pokemon, who meowed with delight to be out. Then it faced Drew, feeling competitive.

"Delcatty, huh? Go, Masquerain!" Said Drew, smirking, and simply holding out his pokeball to release the hyper eyeball Pokemon.

May glanced at Rosalie, expecting her to get excited over the Pokemon, but she still had the same bored look. May frowned slightly, but then focused back to the battle. Her Delcatty's tail was glowing with a strange white light that had a green tint to it.

"Masquerain! Silver Wind, and hurry!" Commanded Drew. Masquerain vigorously flapping its little wings, creating a gust of silver and sparkles. Just as Masquerain neared Delcatty, a small beam shot from its tail, knocking the bug back a little.

"Wow Delcatty! You used Solar Beam!" Exclaimed May.

"It seems to me that Delcatty learned that attack on its own, just a little tip, if you want to use a powerful attack like that in the contest, you'll have to practice more, especially since it still hasn't perfected the attack completely yet," Said Drew, observing Delcatty with slight awe.

"You haven't seen anything yet! Now use Blizzard, full blast!" Exclaimed May. Delcatty meowed, then shot the powerful snow attack towards Masquerain.

"Dodge, then Bubble…" Said Drew calmly. With lightning speed, Masquerain jumped out of the way just in time, then with a cool little twirl, it shot spiraling bubbled at Delcatty, which it was unable to dodge.

The poor cat fell down at May's feet, but with determination, it pulled itself back up. "Good job, Delcatty! Now how about an Assist?"

Delcatty nodded, then gathered power and released a powerful Flamethrower. The flames were suddenly reflected by something. "Drew! How did you do that without saying anything!"

Even Drew looked shocked. "I'm not sure…my Masquerain definitely can't do anything like that!" Masquerain nodded in agreement. "Oh and watch out, er, too late…"

May turned to see what Drew was talking about, then remembering that her attack had reflected, watched as Delcatty got hit full blast. Rosalie giggled, causing May to get a little ticked off.

"This is our last chance, Delcatty, come back with Iron Tail!" Said May nervously; it was all or nothing now.

Delcatty's tail lit up again, but this time, it was pure white. It charged at Masquerain, doing a flip before preparing itself to strike. Then, Masquerain used Water Pulse, blowing Delcatty back and knocking it out.

May sighed, returning her tired cat to its poke ball. "Something's not right here…." She muttered, shoving the pokeball into her yellow pack.

Drew seemed a little confused too; the unusual look of surprise was spread across his face as he returned his Pokemon as well, with a little praise of course.

Rosalie appeared to be giddy, but her eyes still seemed lost in thought. May shot her a dirty look, starting to doubt herself for being nice to the weird girl.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The golden sun spread across the horizon, turning the sky shades of blood red to a deep violet. "Aw jeez, another delay, I'm telling you May, if we don't get to that contest tomorrow…" Muttered a ticked off Drew.

"Sorry, but at least we can say we got some practice in," Said May, trying to cheer her friend up.

"If you would like, you can stay at my house for the night…." Said Rosalie, already drifting back, then through the front door of the creepy old house.

"I suppose we don't have a choice, I can't sleep on the ground for a while after the last few days," Said Drew, though he didn't exactly look thrilled.

May nervously agreed, slowly following Drew into Rosalie's strange house. The inside reminded the young coordinators of a scary mansion from a movie, as cobwebs draped over the old chestnut furniture, and the windows were cracked and broken in places.

"Er Drew, maybe we could sleep outside for the night?" Squeaked May, the occasional creaking and moaning of the house made her jump.

"Stop being such a baby, though we are going to have to sleep on the floor, there's a large rug over there, so come on!" Scolded Drew, then dragging May to the spot he'd mentioned.

Pulling out his sleeping bag, Drew neatly set it out before him, and then moved himself inside, falling asleep quickly. May knew he wanted to get up early the next day to travel some more.

May's blanket was built into her Torchic tent, which she was unable to use due to the size. She groaned, but then poked Drew. He grumbled something, but didn't wake up.

"Stupid…."

May knew there was only one thing she could do, but didn't dare attempt it. Instead, she found herself slowly dozing off, leaning against a dusty loveseat. But suddenly, she woke up, only a few minutes later, doing the exact thing she had been avoiding. There she lie, in Drew's large sleeping bag, he of course, was still sleeping soundly next to her.

"Drew! You perv!" She screeched, trying to pull away. Drew slowly opened his emerald green eyes, turning around to face her.

The fact that another being, that being May, was there, in a shocked voice, he replied, "Uh May, I didn't do anything!"

May sensed the sincerity in his voice, and quickly apologized for waking him up. "But, if you didn't then who did?"

Her question was answered only a few short seconds later, as a large pair of glowing eyes crept out of the shadows, revealing its small purple body, the glowing came from its large, jeweled eyes.

"Sableye!" Drew and May exclaimed at the same time. The small demonic creature giggled, pointing at the sleeping bag.

"So it was you!" May yelled, suddenly remembering her previous problem. Rosalie appeared as well, smiling evilly like Sableye.

"So, you made the mistake of entering my house, or should I say, Master Sableye's Mansion!" Exclaimed the weird girl.

"What kind of stupid game are you trying to play?" Demanded Drew, pulling himself up.

"You see, I was created by Sableye for the sole purpose of bringing you two closer together!"

Both Drew and May blushed, but it was Drew to speak first, "Bring us closer together? What kind of stupid crap is that!"

"Heh…" Giggled Rosalie weakly. "I can't stay around much longer, but Sableye will finish the job, just wait!"

Just as she had said, Rosalie slowly began to just fade away, leaving May horrorstruck, and Drew bored.

"So stupid…." He mumbled.

Sableye cackled again, its goal had been fulfilled for the night, and it disappeared as well.

"Jeez, this has got to be some kind of joke, and now I'm going back to bed, May, you can use my blanket, I wasn't really cold anyways…." Said Drew, yawning and sinking down against the loveseat that May had previously done.

May felt somewhat guilty, but then had an idea, as she knew Drew really was cold. Still in the sleeping bag, she crawled over to him, "Why don't we share it again?"

Drew's face became pink again, "Wha-What? Are you joking?"

"Um, no…"

Drew was hesitant, but eventually crawled back into the sleeping bag with May, the two gently hugged, just to keep warm though. Still, May had an odd smile on her face, perhaps, Drew wasn't the jerk he appeared to be….

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
  • Chapter 19 Contest Surprise! Legendary Pokemon Enters
    Rating: PG-13 (Mainly for violence)

A large bustling town lay ahead, the sun's awesome energy reflected off the tinted black windows. May squinted, yet a strange sense of excitement flowed through both her and Drew. This bright town was home to the next Pokemon Contest!

Drew grumbled, "Well at least we got some training in…"

"Drew! Quit complaining, don't ruin the moment! I'm gonna win this contest for sure!" Exclaimed May.

The two walked through the city, enjoying the occasional shade of the towering buildings above. Finally, after what seemed like at least an hour of walking, May and Drew could see a colorful Pokemon Contest Hall at the edge of a dense forest.

"This one looks really pretty!" Said May enthusiastically.

The two young coordinators entered through two large glass doors, revealing a surprisingly small room. Like always, a little old lady sat a desk, ready to register trainers and their Pokemon into the upcoming Pokemon contest.

"Two entries?" Asked the lady sweetly as the two approached.

"Yeah," Said Drew, giving her his pass, while May did the same. With a kind smile, she scanned the cards on a device attached to her computer. May got in a quick glance of her and Drew's coordinator info appearing on the screen. The lady handed the passes back and wished the two luck.

"So, we have until tomorrow, what do we do until then?" Asked May.

"I don't know about you, but I need some alone time, I'll go outside so you can have the room," Said Drew calmly.

May attempted another sentence, but for what purpose? She could sense that Drew was nervous, so she let him have his space while she returned to the room they rented in the Pokemon Center.

She sat on her bed, staring at all of her pokeballs and thinking hard. "Hmm, I'm not going to use Blaziken, it's worked hard, so I'll give it a break, Beautifly isn't ready for a contest like this, I haven't trained Snorlax in a long time…Who can I use?" May thought to herself.

Then she grinned and grabbed two from the pile. "Okay, this will work!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Drew didn't really stop to relax anywhere, he walked through the city's streets, just wondering, but not really thinking about anything in particular. Though he was thinking about what Pokemon to use tomorrow. He'd heard rumors of it being one of the toughest contests ever, so he'd have to use some reliable, tough Pokemon. But it didn't take Drew long to figure it out, "This will be perfect…"

Drew returned later that night, only muttering a quick "Yo" to May, then almost immediately fell asleep. May had more trouble, but after awhile, she too had gone to sleep. Drew seemed extra tense, but why? He never had problems with any contest like this…

"Welcome to our annual Pokemon Contest!" Shouted a young, cheerleader like announcer, but this wasn't the usual Vivian. "We promise to give you the most entertaining show around today!" Her little blonde ponytails waved as she ran across the stage, yelling into the microphone.

May and Drew were in the usual preparation lobby, waiting their turn. "I thought of a really complex appeal last night!" Said May, smiling at Drew. He turned to her, looking confused.

"May, there are no appeal rounds in this contest," He said quickly.

She looked frustrated, "I'll just save it for next time…" She grumbled.

"The first battle will be between Drew and Josh, will you two please come to the battle stage now?" The announced declared with an annoying giggle. Drew sighed, but left May sitting there without a word. A few seconds later, May saw Drew on the battlefield facing a rather plump young teen, who looked like a total nerd. But with surprising haste, he tossed two pokeballs into the air releasing a Plusle and Minun.

Drew's smirk returned, the two cheering Pokemon really didn't look that tough. He threw out his two pokeballs as well, this time showing Grovyle and Flygon.

"Okay, let the battle begin!!"

"Flygon, Sandstorm, Grovyle, hide, then attack!" Drew coolly commanded. The Plusle and Minun shielded their eyes with their ears, and still couldn't attack. Suddenly, Grovyle busted out of the swirling sand using a strong Leaf Blade and knocking the little Pokemon over. The sandstorm subsided, but the other two Pokemon were knocked out.

"Easy!" Exclaimed Drew.

"That's it! The battle is over already, thanks to Drew's wonderful combination of Sandstorm and Leaf Blade!"

Drew couldn't help but put on his usual, boastful sneer. He grabbed two pokeballs from his belt and returned his Pokemon. He walked back to the preparation lobby, expecting to get in a quick chat with May. She wasn't there however, and it was just then that he realized she'd been called up for her battle already.

On the stage, May nervously stared at the two pokeballs in her hands, had she made the right choice? But still, she tossed them out onto the stage, releasing her Delcatty and Whiscash. The other trainer, whose name May figured out was Kate, threw out a Persian and Vibrava. The elegant, white cat Pokemon leaped forward, it's claws out, but something was very, very strange. The Persian was aiming for May, not her Pokemon! The cat slightly scratched her on the arm, but May still cringed, just from not being used to this in battle.

When the Pokemon finished, May turned to the judges, waiting for them to disqualify Kate for attacking a trainer, but they actually just sat there, observing the battle as always. The MC noticed May's confused look, then turned to the audience, "I'd like to remind you all of our special rule, we're the only contest that does this, but Pokemon are allowed to attack trainers too!"

Both May and Drew were in shock, how was this possible! It all seemed so mean; Pokemon shouldn't be trained to attack people. May snapped out of her trance quick because Vibrava was aiming an attack at Whiscash now. "Um, Whiscash! Dodge, then use Mud-Slap!" She commanded. The large blue fish obeyed with ease, flopping away from the attack then it shot a fast jet of mud at Persian. Then, without command, Delcatty used a powerful Blizzard that knocked the Persian out, and almost made Vibrava faint. Whiscash finished it up with one last Water Gun, which made the bug like dragon faint real fast.

After a couple more quick battles, May and Drew both made it to the semi-finals, but they were luckily not battling each other. Instead, May quickly beat a trainer with a Muk and Golbat and moved on to the finals. She waited on the field for Drew, but another trainer walked onto the stage instead. "D-Drew lost?!" May gasped.

"That's right, he was weak too, in my opinion though, you all are, so girl, you ready to lose?" Said the cocky trainer. May had learned from the loud MC that his name was Damian. He looked about twenty-five, his hair was a cool red, and his outfit totally matched. May frowned; this wasn't going to be an enjoyable battle.

"Now, come out, Tropius, Regirock!" He yelled, tossing out two pokeballs. The first pokeball released a tall green and brown Pokemon with strange yellow fruits growing on it. Enormous palm tree like leaves grew from its back, which were beating quickly, keeping the Pokemon in the air. The other pokeball revealed an even bigger Pokemon, a very strange one too. Its body looked like it was made of many rocks, but there was a strange pattern that May concluded must have been its face.

Drew had found a seat in the front row of the audience; he had gotten to see both coordinators release their Pokemon. But he watched the Regirock with concern, remembering his last battle with Damian, it had been ruthless. Drew understood why this Pokemon was considered legendary and he wished he could have at least warned May of its awesome power.

Regirock charged towards Delcatty with surprising speed. With one of its long rocky arms, it easily knocked the cat out of the way and continued to advance towards May. Repeating the process with May, it knocked her out of the way and stopped. Then it turned itself around to face May who was just getting back to her feet. She looked at the massive Pokemon in panic. Delcatty watched helplessly, at the moment, it was lying on the ground still, in deep pain, unable to help its trainer. Whiscash was busily keeping Tropius from getting to May like Regirock.

Regirock grabbed up May then tossed her into a wall with all its strength. Drew was watching still, worrying about how long May could last. Surprisingly, she slowly opened her eyes again and somehow managed to stand up. Regirock finished up its damage by using a quick Rock Tomb around May, and then it broke through the rock. May was yet again sent flying, then found herself lying against a wall, but this time with a painful looking gash along her shoulder.

Delcatty finally stood up and faced Regirock angrily. It jumped up and rammed into the rock Pokemon hard, but it only did damage to Delcatty itself. Whiscash had managed to keep Tropius down for a minute or two, and turned to help Delcatty. May saw this as her chance and weakly called out an attack. "Fissure, Whiscash…please…please work…"

Drew had heard her command and hoped for the best, it was very unlikely for this attack to even work, but if it did, it would greatly help May out. Whiscash closed its eyes and focused its energy. It slammed its tail on the ground hard, which sent off a massive rumble through the whole Contest Hall. But nothing happened. May looked down; there was no hope now.

But suddenly, a small crack started forming on the ground. It gradually got bigger and bigger, heading towards Regirock. May looked up, hearing the crowd cheer. She saw Damian returning a fainted Regirock to its pokeball, and a huge, deep crack formed in the ground. May confidently smiled and stood up.

"Delcatty! Use Assist! Whiscash! Mud-Shot!" She called out with more strength.

The two Pokemon combined their attacks, Delcatty's Assist turned into a Silver Wind, which sent the balls of mud flying at Tropius faster than ever. The combo attack hit the Pokemon hard. Tropius groaned in pain then fell over. It attempted to lift its head back up, but it fell back down with a thud.

Damian was taken aback, but he returned his other Pokemon to its pokeball. "You cheated, no one ever beats me! No one!" He yelled angrily.

"That's it! That was an astounding comeback from May! And now we'll present her with her new ribbon!" Cheered the MC. Drew smiled, but made sure he quickly made it down to the stage to congratulate his friend. Damian turned to leave, disgusted. The childish MC gently placed a cute little pink and yellow ribbon in May's hands. The audience members were slowly leaving, and Drew had finally made his way to May. "Look Drew!" May exclaimed, shoving her new ribbon in his face.

Drew smirked, "Wow, you actually won one."

Normally, May would have been mad at him for saying something like that, but she just smiled. Finally, she passed out, but Drew was there luckily. May woke up the next morning, lying in the bed of the room they had rented in the Pokemon Center.

Drew walked in, a towel around his neck. "Morning," He muttered. May sat up, feeling unusually cheery, especially for it being so early in the morning.

"Good morning, Drew!" She exclaimed.

"So, are you ready to get going?" He questioned.

"Go! But, I didn't even put on fresh clothes on!" May cried.

"Well hurry up then," Said Drew.

May giggled, but headed for the showers, taking some new clothes with her. When she was all done, she knew that Drew and her would be out as soon as possible. But, that was later, and for now, May just took her time, maybe Drew needed to relax a little bit anyways…

__________________________________________________ _________

There you go, May gets a new ribbon! Be happy people, who know's how long it will be before I can get a new chapter out...

^^;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Wow, you're still updating this?
    Awesome.
    That chapter was pretty amusing. I love your writting style. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.